Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood (28888 Views)

Egor Efiok Shades Toke Makinwa Over Her Plastic Surgery Ass And Bleaching / Egor Efiok To Lose Her House In UK / Mr Taxi Owners Vs Jim Iyke: Egor Efiok Urges Nigerians To Boycott App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by Jaideyone(m): 6:41am On Sep 17, 2018
IloveToMess:

Thats what i'm answering to. And dont even start with me on list of movies cos i will gladly give you more than 100 of the that are topnotch from Igbo producers .. Remember Living in bondage, Senator, Aki and PawPaw..
You are only mentioning the recent ones from 2015.
Tell me one Afonja movie actor or maker that is richer than Genevieve or Rita Dominic..
Dont try your god in wrestling contest.
lol living in bondage? how much did that one gross? grin and you even had the audacity to mention aki and pawpaw grin no wonder you have no ideas what a good movie should look like. how much did aki and pawpaw even gross? your ignorance is factory fitted grin

as for your claims of your actors and actresses being richer you have absolutely no proof of that. just wild claims as usual. at least I've given you a credible link to the top grossing movies in Nollywood and the list is dominated by yorubas. you've brought nothing forward but your ignorance.

funny guy

1 Like

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by safarigirl(f): 7:02am On Sep 17, 2018
Akanti50:

You fool, are you in anyway suggesting Genevieve's movie is common? or are you saying the likes of Pete Edochie, Nkem Owoh, KOK are not international actors or what?
Geneviene is onlky not recognised in Nigera but outside he shores of this country they regard her as a number1 god of African movie screens.
Genevieve used those great guys cos she knows even Kunle and his casts are under her and those legends, thats the reason why Netflix bought it in the first place cos she never use any Yoruba mediocre actors that are never popular.
i don't see why you would refer to me as a fool for any reason.

If you think you have a point, you can do it without any insults. And you ended up ranting like any other ignorant person because you failed to see past the useless tribalistic point that your myopic view can only guarantee you. Please, point where I called any of the cast 'mediocre'.....or did I lie when I said they are part of the same old Nollywood that Kunle refuses to attach himself to?

Or do you just don't have the thinking capacity to decipher small things?

1 Like

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by safarigirl(f): 7:10am On Sep 17, 2018
herzernIsHere:

DUMB LOGIC.

In the same post where you castigate Kunle for copying Hollywood, you make fun of him because none of his movies was bought by Netflix. Is Netflix owned by a Nigerian? Or even an African thing?

Don't you know the moment you commend Genevieve because her movie was bought by Netflix, you lose the moral right to criticise Kunle if he does stuff the "international way". You did not even rate Genevieve's movie based on Nigerians' acceptance rather international platform recognition.

Very dumb. . .once again!
have you watched the Genevieve's movie?

I am rating it based on the trailer and I can assure you this.... There is n9 movie that has a cast like that, that will not he accepted by Nigerians. You can ask anybody. Once there is Pete Richie and Nkem Owoh in a movie especially, Nigerians tend to love such movies, especially one with such execution.

The story like is reparable to the average Nigerian, the cast is relatable and so is the setting- Enugu...... It has passed the acceptance by Nigerians stage. Nigerians have been raving about the movie BEFORE Netflix even got it, even before the trailer was released, because it has been two years in the making and half this country has been looking forward to watching such a movie

That is why I said the movie appeals to the ideas Kunle does not go for. Kunle's movies may be nice, but he targets an international audience more than he does the Nigerian audience. The first thing I did was compare the plot and characters to relatability, but because you did not see ".....to Nigerians", you assumed I did not have that in mind

If you cannot understand a logic, that is fine, but don't call it dumb simply because it is above your level of reasoning and somebody has to break it down for you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by NoToPile: 7:15am On Sep 17, 2018
DavidAdeyemo:
I have said this over and over again, we need national formatting and resetting. The headline, the response from this woman and the adjoining reactions have shown vividly our poor thinking pattern. In an interview the man was asked about the impact of the poorly subtitled movies on young viewers and in his own words, He said, "... Truth be told, I hardly watch them because I am keen on watching movies that will challenge me and change my orientation about certain things. My children watch them a lot and that does not make them speak bad English." .
Now here is the issue, how poorly subtitled movies now represent the Nollywood in general and the ones that challenged him became Hollywood. Please let's not be easily fooled because that is the same way we assess and vote leaders in the country. Listen to people and use your God given brain to analyze information.

You know we Nigerians always look for an opportunity to vent our concealed anger.

How this turned to Kunle vs Genevieve and Ibo versus yoruba still amazes me.

He's proud, why didn't netflix buy his movie blabla bla. Is that what we are talking about.

Even the OP cut of the opening part of that statement, simply to generate controversy, in this context he didn't say anything wrong. A smart person would have wondered what question he was asked.

I remember when he talked about pirates, they said he was a tribalist blablabla.
Nigerians are very predictable and we are not a honest set of people (a sizeable amount of us)
Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by colizee(m): 8:13am On Sep 17, 2018
Trust me their are some Hollywood movies that are not worth watching tooo...you can com am be comparing movies shot with hundreds of millions of dollars with our half a million naira movies....its not fair nah.
Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by TundeBricklayer: 10:13am On Sep 17, 2018
Jaideyone:
lol omotola is mediocre? grin

hehehehehe don't make me laugh pls

you can't name top 5 producers in Nigeria today without mentioning kunle afolayan

infact to me he's number 1/2

and as for the afonjas forcing their mediocre people on you, the figures are all there for you illiterates to see
movies produced by Yorubas dominate the top ten highest grossing movies in Nigeria!!!

let me give you the list
1.) the wedding party2 produce by niyi akinmolayan is ranked first (afonja man)

2.) the wedding party by kemi adetiba is ranked #2 (afonja man)

3 &4) a trip to Jamaica and 30days in Atlanta are produced by Robert peters who is not a Nigerian

5.) fifty is ranked fifth and it is produced by niyi bamidele another afonja man

6.) okafors law by omoni oboli is ranked 6th

7.) this is the first Ibo man on the list IZU OJUKWU with 76

8.) omoni oboli again with wives on strike

9.) alakada reloaded by toyin aimaku/toyin Abraham is 9th (afonja woman)

10.) kunle afolayan's movies October 1 and the CEO share the 10th spot with half of a yellow sun by niyi bamidele (afonja men)

just one Ibo man in top 10!!!
yes it's a Yoruba affair in the top ten for real. get used to our dominance!!!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_Nigerian_films
Your people are known for making noise exDirector

Igbos control nollywood

Osuofia in London highest selling Nollywood films in history by KingsileyKingsiley Ogoro

Teco Benson is a Nigerian film director and producer. He was nominated for Best Director at the Africa Movie Academy Awards in 2006 and 2008, and won Director of the Year at the 2011 Best of Nollywood Awards. In 2012 he was decorated by President Goodluck Jonathan of Nigeria as a Member of the Order of the Federal Republic
Movies produced

Red Hot
Accident
Mission to Nowhere
State of Emergency
Two Brides and a Baby
High Blood Pressure
Explosion
Executive Crime
Broad Daylight
The Price
Wasted Years
End of the Wicked
War Front
Formidable Force
Blood Diamonds
False Alarm
Terror
Six Demons
The Senator
Eye for Eye
Dirty Game
Felony
Day of Reckoning
Day of Atonement
Highway to the Grave
Grace to Grass
Danger Signal
Accidental Discharge
Silence of the Gods
Mfana Ibagha
Iku doro
The Fake Prophet
Elastic Limit
Mr & Mrs, Chapter 2

Obi Emelonye

Last flight to Abuja-

Mirror boy

Onye Ozi

London successor

Thy will be donedone

Dickson Nnamdi Iroegbu is a Nigerian film director and producer. He has directed and produced several Nollywood hit movies. In 2005, at the maiden edition of the African Movie Academy Awards, Iroegbu won three awards for the movie The Mayors, including the awards for Best Picture, Best Screenplay and Best Director

open link to view 10 powerful film producers 2018

1st, 2nd and 3rd are Igbos

https://www.nigerianinfopedia.com/top-10-powerful-film-producers-nigerian-movie-industry/

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by IloveToMess: 11:48am On Sep 17, 2018
Jaideyone:
lol living in bondage? how much did that one gross? grin and you even had the audacity to mention aki and pawpaw grin no wonder you have no ideas what a good movie should look like. how much did aki and pawpaw even gross? your ignorance is factory fitted grin

as for your claims of your actors and actresses being richer you have absolutely no proof of that. just wild claims as usual. at least I've given you a credible link to the top grossing movies in Nollywood and the list is dominated by yorubas. you've brought nothing forward but your ignorance.

funny guy
Aki na ukwa was a bomb during its years back then...
Use that same source you showed me a look it up.
And as for the rich google is your answer..
You are too ignorant and useless for liking ..
Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by icogb: 1:38pm On Sep 17, 2018
GrammarNazi1:

...it's...
Lol... I knw you'ld fail it. I purposely wrote dat. Go get educated.
Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by Jaideyone(m): 4:55pm On Sep 17, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

Your people are known for making noise exDirector

Igbos control nollywood

Osuofia in London highest selling Nollywood films in history by KingsileyKingsiley Ogoro

Teco Benson is a Nigerian film director and producer. He was nominated for Best Director at the Africa Movie Academy Awards in 2006 and 2008, and won Director of the Year at the 2011 Best of Nollywood Awards. In 2012 he was decorated by President Goodluck Jonathan of Nigeria as a Member of the Order of the Federal Republic
Movies produced

Red Hot
Accident
Mission to Nowhere
State of Emergency
Two Brides and a Baby
High Blood Pressure
Explosion
Executive Crime
Broad Daylight
The Price
Wasted Years
End of the Wicked
War Front
Formidable Force
Blood Diamonds
False Alarm
Terror
Six Demons
The Senator
Eye for Eye
Dirty Game
Felony
Day of Reckoning
Day of Atonement
Highway to the Grave
Grace to Grass
Danger Signal
Accidental Discharge
Silence of the Gods
Mfana Ibagha
Iku doro
The Fake Prophet
Elastic Limit
Mr & Mrs, Chapter 2

Obi Emelonye

Last flight to Abuja-

Mirror boy

Onye Ozi

London successor

Thy will be donedone

Dickson Nnamdi Iroegbu is a Nigerian film director and producer. He has directed and produced several Nollywood hit movies. In 2005, at the maiden edition of the African Movie Academy Awards, Iroegbu won three awards for the movie The Mayors, including the awards for Best Picture, Best Screenplay and Best Director

open link to view 10 powerful film producers 2018

1st, 2nd and 3rd are Igbos

https://www.nigerianinfopedia.com/top-10-powerful-film-producers-nigerian-movie-industry/
the typical bigot with his wild claims grin

I've given you a list of the top 10movies in terms of revenue

you are busy giving me a list of movies that didn't even make up to 10million naira grin

keep living in delusion
Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by Jaideyone(m): 4:58pm On Sep 17, 2018
IloveToMess:

Aki na ukwa was a bomb during its years back then...
Use that same source you showed me a look it up.
And as for the rich google is your answer..
You are too ignorant and useless for liking ..
why not give us a list of richest Nollywood actors and actresses since you want to talk about that too. pls provide a credible link.

yes aki na ukwa was the bomb but those top ten I gave you were nuclear bombs

1 Like

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by IloveToMess: 11:46pm On Sep 17, 2018
Jaideyone:
why not give us a list of richest Nollywood actors and actresses since you want to talk about that too. pls provide a credible link.

yes aki na ukwa was the bomb but those top ten I gave you were nuclear bombs
You gave me successful movies of immediate past from 2015 but i have given you back to back from as long as 1992, Igbos set the pace and brought Nollywood in Nigeria and now Yorubas have hopped in to bastardize it hehehe.
Hooray!!! Now Genevieie aka Genny worldwide has done it again by taking Nollywood further to the world with Netflix buying it as its very first ever Nigerian movie, oya yorubas come and hop in on it now too and bastardize it grin
Genevieve don open way fro una na grin grin grin
Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by Jaideyone(m): 8:06am On Sep 18, 2018
IloveToMess:

You gave me successful movies of immediate past from 2015 but i have given you back to back from as long as 1992, Igbos set the pace and brought Nollywood in Nigeria and now Yorubas have hopped in to bastardize it hehehe.
Hooray!!! Now Genevieie aka Genny worldwide has done it again by taking Nollywood further to the world with Netflix buying it as its very first ever Nigerian movie, oya yorubas come and hop in on it now too and bastardize it grin
Genevieve don open way fro una na grin grin grin
lol those movies are from? 2015?

last flight from Abuja is 2012

anchor baby is on the list and it's 2010

through the glass is number 37 and it's 2008

the Mr and Mrs you mentioned grossed 6m and it's 2012

you are just very ignorant!!!
Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by Adetaiwoo: 6:54pm On Sep 18, 2018
prettyrits:

Well, He's not his dad, is he?

No he isn't. However, he bore his mind when a question was asked.
Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by tinubuUGLYwella: 11:45am On Sep 19, 2018
Jaideyone:
lol those movies are from? 2015?

last flight from Abuja is 2012

anchor baby is on the list and it's 2010

through the glass is number 37 and it's 2008

the Mr and Mrs you mentioned grossed 6m and it's 2012

you are just very ignorant!!!
why are you yorubas like this?, something you dont know and never partook of you still want to cling onto it with both hands without shame displaying your ignorance. Igbos run the movie world in Nigeria, its not something new nor is it some frivolity, its glaring to all, since 1992 the first Nigerian movies to be played on home video from Living in Bondage to Checkmates and the likes have all been Igbo Igbo Igbo...
Here is the list of The 20 Best Nollywood Movies of All Times, Show me how many "Yoruba touches" are there...

1. GAMES WOMEN PLAY

2. GIRLS COT

3. OSUOFIA IN LONDON

4. SHARON STONE

5. ABUJA LADIES

6. STOLEN HEART

7. END OF THE WICKED

8. DIAMOND RING

9. KARASHIKA

10. SUICIDE MISSION

11. GLAMOUR GIRLS

12. SCORES TO SETTLE

13. KEEPING FAITH

14. SCARS OF A WOMAN

15. SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY

16. DOMITILLA

17. STAND BY ME

18. DAYS OF BONDAGE

19. MONEY LOVE

20. CROSSROADS

You will still come back to talk more nonsense about revenue yet Osuofia In London is highest selling Nollywood film in history.. And Now LionHeart is the first Nigerian movie to feature on Netflix.. who pass you pass you Finish!!
Revenue ko Reservoir ni..
Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by Jaideyone(m): 2:43pm On Sep 19, 2018
tinubuUGLYwella:

why are you yorubas like this?, something you dont know and never partook of you still want to cling onto it with both hands without shame displaying your ignorance. Igbos run the movie world in Nigeria, its not something new nor is it some frivolity, its glaring to all, since 1992 the first Nigerian movies to be played on home video from Living in Bondage to Checkmates and the likes have all been Igbo Igbo Igbo...
Here is the list of The 20 Best Nollywood Movies of All Times, Show me how many "Yoruba touches" are there...

1. GAMES WOMEN PLAY

2. GIRLS COT

3. OSUOFIA IN LONDON

4. SHARON STONE

5. ABUJA LADIES

6. STOLEN HEART

7. END OF THE WICKED

8. DIAMOND RING

9. KARASHIKA

10. SUICIDE MISSION

11. GLAMOUR GIRLS

12. SCORES TO SETTLE

13. KEEPING FAITH

14. SCARS OF A WOMAN

15. SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY

16. DOMITILLA

17. STAND BY ME

18. DAYS OF BONDAGE

19. MONEY LOVE

20. CROSSROADS

You will still come back to talk more nonsense about revenue yet Osuofia In London is highest selling Nollywood film in history.. And Now LionHeart is the first Nigerian movie to feature on Netflix.. who pass you pass you Finish!!
Revenue ko Reservoir ni..

lol who exactly told you those are the best? well the list of the highest grossing Nigerian movies are up there in one of my posts and they are mainly from Yoruba producers. grin

you can shove your own lost in your as$

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by IloveToMess: 2:17pm On Sep 20, 2018
Jaideyone:
lol who exactly told you those are the best? well the list of the highest grossing Nigerian movies are up there in one of my posts and they are mainly from Yoruba producers. grin

you can shove your own lost in your as$
Mugu why dont you Google it yourself, "the 20 best Nigerian movies of all times" and cover your tribal marked face in shame. I still marvel you had the guts to argue with Igbos on issue as Igbo dominated "Nollywood". Igbos run this shiit mehn give it up already, your yoruba movie directors and actors are only popular in yorubaland alone and you wonder why...
There is no Yorubas dead or alive man or woman that will ever reach the heights of Genevieve till eternity.
Genny is a miracle worker grin

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by Jaideyone(m): 2:32pm On Sep 20, 2018
IloveToMess:

Mugu why dont you Google it yourself, "the 20 best Nigerian movies of all times" and cover your tribal marked face in shame. I still marvel you had the guts to argue with Igbos on issue as Igbo dominated "Nollywood". Igbos run this shiit mehn give it up already, your yoruba movie directors and actors are only popular in yorubaland alone and you wonder why...
There is no Yorubas dead or alive man or woman that will ever reach the heights of Genevieve till eternity.
Genny is a miracle worker grin

lmao @ miracle worker

uncle .aybe you should Google John boyega

he's an afonja man. infact his mother has the popular "lion scratch face". he's a bigger star than Genevieve.

as for Nollywood... there are yorubas in Nollywood greater than Genevieve and one of them is omotola

omotola made times magazines most influential people years back (2013)

http://silverbirdtv.com/uncategorized/3395/omotola-makes-times-world-most-influential-list/

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/entertainment/130348-omotola-makes-time-magazines-100-most-influential-people.html

this is for 2018 (in entertainment) and omotola is there again.

another afonja woman, Mo Abudu made the list for 2018 too
https://www.glamafrica.com/2018/03/08/omotola-jalade-ekeinde-mo-abudu-join-the-list-of-50-most-influential-women-in-entertainment-around-the-world/

your Genevieve is missing on the list!!!
Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by IloveToMess: 8:38pm On Sep 25, 2018
Jaideyone:

lmao @ miracle worker

uncle .aybe you should Google John boyega

he's an afonja man. infact his mother has the popular "lion scratch face". he's a bigger star than Genevieve.

as for Nollywood... there are yorubas in Nollywood greater than Genevieve and one of them is omotola

omotola made times magazines most influential people years back (2013)

http://silverbirdtv.com/uncategorized/3395/omotola-makes-times-world-most-influential-list/

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/entertainment/130348-omotola-makes-time-magazines-100-most-influential-people.html

this is for 2018 (in entertainment) and omotola is there again.

another afonja woman, Mo Abudu made the list for 2018 too
https://www.glamafrica.com/2018/03/08/omotola-jalade-ekeinde-mo-abudu-join-the-list-of-50-most-influential-women-in-entertainment-around-the-world/

your Genevieve is missing on the list!!!

what? so you actually have the guts to compare Genevieve to omotala. hmmm its just like comparing Donald Trump to the renowned lifeless one Buhari. And again telling me to Google a name says it all, the name does not ring a bell simple!...
I cant even place simultaneously Genevieve's numerous achievements but i will pick out a few that flaws your best Omotala.

..Genevieve Nnaji has done so well for herself that In 2009, she was referred to as the Julia Roberts of Africa by Oprah Winfrey herself., she has starred in over 80 movies which has made her the most sought-after actress in Nollywood.She has received a number of nominations and has also won some many awards. To mention a few as as follows;

In 2010 she won the Best Actress Tv Series Award with the Movie/Work Guinness Ultimate Survivor
In 2010 she won the Best Actress-Africa Collaboration Award with the Movie/Work Silent Scandal.
In 2011 she won the Best Actress Award with the Movie/Work The Mirror Boy, Held by the Zulu African Film Academy Awards..
In 2011 she won the Breakthrough Performance (Actress) Award with the Movie/Work The Mirror Boy, Held by Monaco Charity Film Festival Awards
In 2012 she won the Viewers Choice- Female Award with her Movie/Work Herself
In 2013 she won the Best Actress Leading Role Award with her Movie/Work Weekend Getaway
In 2014 she won the Best Actress in Supporting Role Award with the Movie/Work Half of a Yellow Sun
In 2016 she won the Best Movie West Africa with HER Movie/Work Road to Yesterday

..She, however, made her debut as a producer in the movie titled "Road to Yesterday," which earned her an award as the Best Movie Overall-West Africa at the 2016 Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards as stated above.

..In 2011, she ranked #19 in Forbes magazine’s for 40 Most Powerful Celebrities in Africa list

..In 2012 The Screen-Goddess made ARISE Magazine (Africa’s global style and culture magazine) as one of the 100 dynamic women from all over the world who have influenced us in one way or the other.

..Apart from acting, Genevieve Nnaji has also modeled for a number of multi billion dollar brands worldwide. Lux, Cintrion Energy drink, Range Rover Evoque, Etisalat, Polo and Amstel Malta and MUD Cosmetics..etc
She was unveiled as an ambassador for the brand all-new Range Rover Evoque which saw the Nollywood sweetheart Geneveive officially join like of Victoria Beckham as a face of Range Rover worldwide...

..Genevieve Nnaji is the most sought-after and highest paid actress in the Nigerian film world with the likes of Ini Edo, Patience Ozokwo, Omotola Jelade and Kate Henshaw coming behind simultaneously.
https://thewhistler.ng/story/genevieve-nnaji-leads-nollywood-highest-paid-actresses-2018/

Genevieve Nnaji, Nollywood's biggest export to the world. First she was profiled on Oprah's show as the biggest movie star in Africa and was quoted by Oprah as “the Julia Roberts of Africa”.

Genevieve has gotten another mention from Hollywood, read on: The latest issue of Entertainment Weekly (dated October 15, 2010), features a cover story on “The 50 Most Powerful Entertainers” (in Hollywood).
Now she has done it again single handledly putting Nollywood on global map with Lionheart being the first Nollywood to be bought by the biggest movie streaming platform Netflix..
https://qz.com/africa/1384217/netflix-buys-nollywood-movie-lionheart-by-genevieve-nnaji/

Your Omotala can only compete with Rita Dominic not GENEVIEVE!, Genny is on another planet..
Genny worldwide is her name, clear road!!!.

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by Jaideyone(m): 9:01pm On Sep 25, 2018
IloveToMess:

what? so you actually have the guts to compare Genevieve to omotala. hmmm its just like comparing Donald Trump to the renowned lifeless one Buhari. And again telling me to Google a name says it all, the name does not ring a bell simple!...
I cant even place simultaneously Genevieve's numerous achievements but i will pick out a few that flaws your best Omotala.

..Genevieve Nnaji has done so well for herself that In 2009, she was referred to as the Julia Roberts of Africa by Oprah Winfrey herself., she has starred in over 80 movies which has made her the most sought-after actress in Nollywood.She has received a number of nominations and has also won some many awards. To mention a few as as follows;

In 2010 she won the Best Actress Tv Series Award with the Movie/Work Guinness Ultimate Survivor
In 2010 she won the Best Actress-Africa Collaboration Award with the Movie/Work Silent Scandal.
In 2011 she won the Best Actress Award with the Movie/Work The Mirror Boy, Held by the Zulu African Film Academy Awards..
In 2011 she won the Breakthrough Performance (Actress) Award with the Movie/Work The Mirror Boy, Held by Monaco Charity Film Festival Awards
In 2012 she won the Viewers Choice- Female Award with her Movie/Work Herself
In 2013 she won the Best Actress Leading Role Award with her Movie/Work Weekend Getaway
In 2014 she won the Best Actress in Supporting Role Award with the Movie/Work Half of a Yellow Sun
In 2016 she won the Best Movie West Africa with HER Movie/Work Road to Yesterday

..She, however, made her debut as a producer in the movie titled "Road to Yesterday," which earned her an award as the Best Movie Overall-West Africa at the 2016 Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards as stated above.

..In 2011, she ranked #19 in Forbes magazine’s for 40 Most Powerful Celebrities in Africa list

..In 2012 The Screen-Goddess made ARISE Magazine (Africa’s global style and culture magazine) as one of the 100 dynamic women from all over the world who have influenced us in one way or the other.

..Apart from acting, Genevieve Nnaji has also modeled for a number of multi billion dollar brands worldwide. Lux, Cintrion Energy drink, Range Rover Evoque, Etisalat, Polo and Amstel Malta and MUD Cosmetics..etc
She was unveiled as an ambassador for the brand all-new Range Rover Evoque which saw the Nollywood sweetheart Geneveive officially join like of Victoria Beckham as a face of Range Rover worldwide...

..Genevieve Nnaji is the most sought-after and highest paid actress in the Nigerian film world with the likes of Ini Edo, Patience Ozokwo, Omotola Jelade and Kate Henshaw coming behind simultaneously.
https://thewhistler.ng/story/genevieve-nnaji-leads-nollywood-highest-paid-actresses-2018/

Genevieve Nnaji, Nollywood's biggest export to the world. First she was profiled on Oprah's show as the biggest movie star in Africa and was quoted by Oprah as “the Julia Roberts of Africa”.

Genevieve has gotten another mention from Hollywood, read on: The latest issue of Entertainment Weekly (dated October 15, 2010), features a cover story on “The 50 Most Powerful Entertainers” (in Hollywood).
Now she has done it again single handledly putting Nollywood on global map with Lionheart being the first Nollywood to be bought by the biggest movie streaming platform Netflix..
https://qz.com/africa/1384217/netflix-buys-nollywood-movie-lionheart-by-genevieve-nnaji/

Your Omotala can only compete with Rita Dominic not GENEVIEVE!, Genny is on another planet..
Genny worldwide is her name, clear road!!!.
lol see foolish talk. so you've been booting since? we'll uncle for your information omotola made times magazines lost of most influential people in the world twice and Genevieve didn't grin omotola is still ahead of Genevieve for now
Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by IloveToMess: 10:25pm On Sep 25, 2018
Jaideyone:
lol see foolish talk. so you've been booting since? we'll uncle for your information omotola made times magazines lost of most influential people in the world twice and Genevieve didn't grin omotola is still ahead of Genevieve for now
Genevieve made it to Oprah Winfrey show and CNN and BBC are all over her.. Omotala can compete with Rita Dominic, even Rita is ahead of her. Leave Genevieve out of this, she is like a god to all.
Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by Jaideyone(m): 7:56am On Sep 26, 2018
IloveToMess:

Genevieve made it to Oprah Winfrey show and CNN and BBC are all over her.. Omotala can compete with Rita Dominic, even Rita is ahead of her. Leave Genevieve out of this, she is like a god to all.
l still doesn't equate to times magazines 100 most influential women on two occasions!!!
Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by IloveToMess: 8:57am On Sep 26, 2018
Jaideyone:
l still doesn't equate to times magazines 100 most influential women on two occasions!!!
40 most powerful celebrities in Africa by Forbes both men and women combined i did not see your Omotala while Genevieve made the top list.. Go and rest Omotala is known only in Lagos and among your people while Genevieve is known all over the world including places like Asia and Middle east, that's speaks volume dear..
Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by Jaideyone(m): 11:26am On Sep 26, 2018
IloveToMess:

40 most powerful celebrities in Africa by Forbes both men and women combined i did not see your Omotala while Genevieve made the top list.. Go and rest Omotala is known only in Lagos and among your people while Genevieve is known all over the world including places like Asia and Middle east, that's speaks volume dear..
lol why should fucking care about the African list when I'm on the world list? cheesy
Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by IloveToMess: 11:54am On Sep 26, 2018
Jaideyone:
lol why should fucking care about the African list when I'm on the world list? cheesy
But she is African first before the every other thing else.. If Akon is on the list why not your Omotala.. And its FORBES!!
Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by IloveToMess: 9:53am On Sep 27, 2018
Jaideyone:
My friend i'm tired of explaining same shiit over and over again. Forbes CNN, BBC, Oprah Winfrey all pour accolades on Genevieve, who are you and omotala?
Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by Jaideyone(m): 11:40am On Sep 27, 2018
IloveToMess:

My friend i'm tired of explaining same shiit over and over again. Forbes CNN, BBC, Oprah Winfrey all pour accolades on Genevieve, who are you and omotala?
lol keep fooling yourself. I'm tired of your silly rhetorics too
Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by IloveToMess: 9:33am On Sep 29, 2018
Jaideyone:
lol keep fooling yourself. I'm tired of your silly rhetorics too
you are the one disgracing yourself in ignorance. Sorry.
Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by grandstar(m): 10:34pm On May 12, 2019
flexyrule:
A Nollywood producer who doesn't watch Nollywood movies because they don't motivate him.

Those that produce the movies that motivate and challenge you, what are they watching? Movies produced by Aliens I guess.

What he said is the blunt truth. I find most Nollywood film plots weak and preposterous. Many of the actors can't act to save their lives.

The real problem is that many in the industry are only interested in making quick money especially the the Igbo traders who sponsor many productions. Professionalism can go die.

Many of the actors are chosen more because of tribe and not because they can act It's dominated by Igbos (At least English language Nollywood). Only a few nin-Igbo are stars.

A desire for quick turnover will lead to poor acting and poor interpretation of roles.

The list is endless.

Nowadays, the bulk of most films income is derived from Cinema. Nigeria film makers should look into selling international marketing rights to their films globally. Learnt Genevieve was paid $400,000 or so for the film marketing rights for the movie she produced. Of course, no company will pay top dollar for a typical Nollywood flick.
Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by ForumNL(m): 8:00pm On Sep 18, 2022
Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Frodd: Esther And I Are Just Friends, No Love Interest Between Us / Between Adekunle Gold And A Fan Who Wanted Giveaway / Throwback Photo Of Anita Okoye As A 4-Year-Old Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.