Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,458 members, 7,954,798 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:38 AM

Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal (14410 Views)

Chioma Ifemeludike: Apostle Suleman Addresses Congregation On Sex Scandal (Video / Pastor David Apologizes To Apostle Suleman Over Sex Scandal / Ese Walter Of COZA Sex Scandal Separates From Husband (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal by Diso60090(m): 1:06pm On Sep 17, 2018
shocked
spongeisback:
Why did he touch an anointed? Why didn't he let God judge? Priests are human beings too. What if he was seduced? The girl was sent by the devil to bring the man of God down.

And the man of God came down because of toto
Re: Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal by freshboi88: 1:17pm On Sep 17, 2018
gladisa7:
I am catholic. I have been a catholic all my life.. LET THIS REVEREND FATHERS GO AND MARRY OOOOH! Allow them to marry. Law is made for man. Simple.

This is just plain ignorance, pastor Chris who his wife accused of infidelity, was he not married. Do we not hear of pastors who r married get entangled in sexual scandals. So what r saying??

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal by joenor(m): 1:20pm On Sep 17, 2018
Shu priest dey dork?
Re: Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 17, 2018
good move from the pope.expell all bad eggs within the priesthood.
Re: Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal by egoldman(m): 1:30pm On Sep 17, 2018
Horus:
The Pope should expels all pastors over sex scandals

Pastors are not under the Catholic Church.
Re: Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal by bellyjean(m): 1:41pm On Sep 17, 2018
I think it is high time the church clarified this issue of Celibacy.

Man (human being) was not created to be Asexual or not capable of having sexual feelings or emotions. We are very sexual, it is who we are and denying it is like starving yourself of food. Eventually, when you can no longer go hungry, you find food to eat.

Celibacy is a gift from God and not something that can be attained by the strongest of will, determination and abstinence.

Apostle Paul's gift was not to develop, feel or have any sexual emotions. If we read well into his admonishment, he said that to avoid sexual sins, it is better to get married. Getting married doesn't stop God from using one. Afterall God instituted marriage, designed sex (intimacy) albeit in marriage.

As much as Catholics want to devote themselves to the God and "papacy", Catholic priests can be happily married and serve God. They can be happily married and perform great and mighty miracles in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. But living in denial and abstinence through sheer " determination" without the backing of the gift/calling of the Father, we will only continue to see an upward spiral in this distasteful and disgusting moral lasciviousness and decadence.

I am not saying a long standing tradition should be abolished, but new intakes into the "fatherhood" fold should be sure if God's calling on their life.

Some of Jesus's disciples were married.

Apologies for my poor choice of words. I am not insensitive and I do not mean to intentionally hurt anyones faith

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal by donbenie(m): 1:53pm On Sep 17, 2018
spongeisback:
Why did he touch an anointed? Why didn't he let God judge? Priests are human beings too. What if he was seduced? The girl was sent by the devil to bring the man of God down.
Yes,he's a human being too..that's why if he cannot maintain his freely taken oaths of Chastity,he should honourably resign..
No be by force to be a Priest and the allegations were multiple with some of the victims being children..take responsibility for your actions and stop looking for the Devil to blame..
With your mentality which is widespread in Africa,Priests gets away with all sorts of atrocious acts and your default response is do not judge and touch not my anointed,thank God this happened in a society with their reasoning faculties still intact or else the randy old F00L would have gotten away with it..
Re: Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal by sirabu: 2:01pm On Sep 17, 2018
Christians and lies, one man one boy .

Re: Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal by donbenie(m): 2:04pm On Sep 17, 2018
Re: Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal by gladisa7: 3:14pm On Sep 17, 2018
freshboi88:

This is just plain ignorance, pastor Chris who his wife accused of infidelity, was he not married. Do we not hear of pastors who r married get entangled in sexual scandals. So what r saying??

my dear you have not been reading or listening to the news. Australia italy chile South America..too many catholic priest abuse small boys. the no of cases is outrageous.
Re: Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal by gladisa7: 3:15pm On Sep 17, 2018
rossyc:

The last time I checked noone is coerced into priesthood, if they can't keep to the vows then they have no business going into priesthood in the first place. We should all learn to tell ourselves the truth.

you ve a point there.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal by sirusX(m): 3:26pm On Sep 17, 2018
Every konjified human being ...male or female need to get a copy of this book

Re: Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal by odisman(m): 4:33pm On Sep 17, 2018
This is so on point. Good write up i must say.

[quote author=bellyjean post=71277516]I think it is high time the church clarified this issue of Celibacy.

Man (human being) was not created to be Asexual or not capable of having sexual feelings or emotions. We are very sexual, it is who we are and denying it is like starving yourself of food. Eventually, when you can no longer go hungry, you find food to eat.

Celibacy is a gift from God and not something that can be attained by the strongest of will, determination and abstinence.

Apostle Paul's gift was not to develop, feel or have any sexual emotions. If we read well into his admonishment, he said that to avoid sexual sins, it is better to get married. Getting married doesn't stop God from using one. Afterall God instituted marriage, designed sex (intimacy) albeit in marriage.

As much as Catholics want to devote themselves to the God and "papacy", Catholic priests can be happily married and serve God. They can be happily married and perform great and mighty miracles in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. But living in denial and abstinence through sheer " determination" without the backing of the gift/calling of the Father, we will only continue to see an upward spiral in this distasteful and disgusting moral lasciviousness and decadence.

I am not saying a long standing tradition should be abolished, but new intakes into the "fatherhood" fold should be sure if God's calling on their life.

Some of Jesus's disciples were married.

Apologies for my poor choice of words. I am not insensitive and I do not mean to intentionally hurt anyones faith[/quote
Re: Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal by Kasjudy(m): 8:16pm On Sep 17, 2018
KenModi:
The Catholic church has been covering up sexual abuses committed by its priests for decades, possibly centuries; Bishops, Cardinals and even Popes (especially John Paul II and Benedict XVI) hear about such abuses; instead of dealing with the offenders, they chose to cover it up to preserve the “integrity” of the Church while the victims suffer irreparable sexual, physical and psychological damages. It doesn't stop there, some even have affairs with reverend sisters and female church members, with some even having children while being Reverend Fathers.

Some years back in Benin City, a catholic priest was beaten up by the husband of a woman he was having an affair with and was hospitalized. When the news got to the Archbishop, he quickly arranged for the priest to be flown abroad under the pretence of sending him for further studies and according to the rule of the Catholic church, a priest is only eligible for studies abroad after five years of priesthood but this particular priest had only spent two years.

This was just one case of cover up of sexual misconduct by priests; a lot abound in Nigeria of which the church authorities choose to turn a blind eye.

To all Catholic priests: It is not by force to serve God in that particular way; you can also serve God as a married man. If you can’t be celibate, please honorably resign. I have seen happily married ex-priests with children doing fantastic in the society; some are lecturers, some even own chains of businesses, just to mention a few.

But as for you who choose to remain in the holy order and continue to disturb people’s wives and girlfriends, choir and legion of Mary members; who molest young ones (both boys and girls) whom you ought to guide spiritually, your day of reckoning is coming.

The wave of accusations of sexual abuse against the Catholic church is sweeping across the world; it wld soon get to Africa; all them so called Bishops, Archbishops and Cardinals who have been covering up sexual abuses as well as the priests whose crimes have been covered up wld soon be exposed.

Don’t be surprised Pope Francis visits Nigeria soon to apologise to victims of sexual abuse by Catholic priests.

Your sarcasm carried the day. grin
those who feels they can speak grammar can go on. But let them responsively take responsibility when the effects comes. Ndewo nu.
Re: Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal by OlaAshawo: 8:36pm On Sep 17, 2018
[s]
MartinCorridon:
Options for sexual release :

1. Fvck a woman

2. Wan.k.

3. Find a sex doll

4. Less desirable....find an adult man willing to fvck you.

Many options yet you come dey prey on little kids
[/s]
claptrap and stupid trash
Re: Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal by dojowen(m): 9:00pm On Sep 17, 2018
[quote author=Mizwisdom post=71274739]smiley It seems I will change to Catholic church, they are very disciplined and focused

Need books?
contact me via orderbooksng@gmail.com[/quote come let me show u the way.
but there is a price tag o
Re: Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal by spongeisback: 10:44pm On Sep 17, 2018
If you're not so fast to type, you would have known I was being sarcastic. Mtchewwwwwwwwwwe.
donbenie:
Yes,he's a human being too..that's why if he cannot maintain his freely taken oaths of Chastity,he should honourably resign..
No be by force to be a Priest and the allegations were multiple with some of the victims being children..take responsibility for your actions and stop looking for the Devil to blame..
With your mentality which is widespread in Africa,Priests gets away with all sorts of atrocious acts and your default response is do not judge and touch not my anointed,thank God this happened in a society with their reasoning faculties still intact or else the randy old F00L would have gotten away with it..
Re: Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal by oyetpel(m): 10:16pm On Sep 18, 2018
damola1:
Go and watch the movie

The spotlight... it won a Golden globe

You will eventually realize we are all human beings and religion na just package

Even priest in Lagos Nigeria was found to abuse kids.

Kunle Afolayan displayed this in his October 1 movie.
Re: Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal by freshboi88: 3:33pm On Sep 19, 2018
gladisa7:

my dear you have not been reading or listening to the news. Australia italy chile South America..too many catholic priest abuse small boys. the no of cases is outrageous.

The number of pastors who get involved in sleeping with other women is outrageous as well.... Has marriage helped their issue of sleeping around ??

(1) (2) (Reply)

Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death / This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer / Peter Ejiofor's Wife Delivers Quadruplets: 4 Boys After 7 Years (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.