Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

What Makes Mercedes Benz Different From Others? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Makes Mercedes Benz Different From Others? (3965 Views)

What Makes Peugeot Steering Wheel To Be Upside Down? / Is A Facelift Different From An Upgrade? / What Is Toyota SR5 And What Makes It Different From TRD? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Makes Mercedes Benz Different From Others? by antagonist: 5:44pm On Sep 17, 2018

Re: What Makes Mercedes Benz Different From Others? by antagonist: 5:45pm On Sep 17, 2018

Re: What Makes Mercedes Benz Different From Others? by antagonist: 5:55pm On Sep 17, 2018

Re: What Makes Mercedes Benz Different From Others? by nurey(m): 6:37pm On Sep 17, 2018
Kewtt:

Forever number one... stop spewing Yada yada don't hate... Gba fun Oga e.. lexus has and will always be a poor man's Mercedes.

don't give yourself heart attack ooo. HBP is real and has no known cure

grin
Re: What Makes Mercedes Benz Different From Others? by nurey(m): 6:49pm On Sep 17, 2018
Kewtt:

Learn to read even crooky antagonist confirmed it

see as lexus LS beat your S class AMG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f05QYy9CHo
Re: What Makes Mercedes Benz Different From Others? by staneless(m): 11:14am On Sep 18, 2018
Safe, durable and quality
Re: What Makes Mercedes Benz Different From Others? by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 18, 2018
nurey:
mindset. some people have been brainwashed and there is no hope in redeeming them.

change is the only constant thing in life, in the 80s and 90s benz was the wheat of flour, the jam in the donut and the cream of the ice cream. But now, there are new players in town who are not ready to take over but have taken over and holding on to the position now.

The Germans have been relegated to the background let the Japanese have the day they deserve it.

For example, take the Mercedes Benz g wagon, remove the Mercedes Benz logo and put a Lexus there, most of these Benz fanboys will call it a rubbish expensive piece of Japanese box. But because it has a Mercedes Benz logo it's the best thing since sliced bread.

1 Like

Re: What Makes Mercedes Benz Different From Others? by 9icetoo(m): 3:24pm On Sep 18, 2018
nurey:

see as lexus LS beat your S class AMG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f05QYy9CHo

German fanboys won't like this. Beat the Benz in all categories. Benz was great and a leader 20-25 years ago, others have caught up and surpassed them. They are no longer the industry flag bearers. Times have changed.

1 Like

Re: What Makes Mercedes Benz Different From Others? by Eponyeeboz: 12:07am On Sep 19, 2018
nurey:
mindset. some people have been brainwashed and there is no hope in redeeming them.

change is the only constant thing in life, in the 80s and 90s benz was the wheat of flour, the jam in the donut and the cream of the ice cream. But now, there are new players in town who are not ready to take over but have taken over and holding on to the position now.

The Germans have been relegated to the background let the Japanese have the day they deserve it.

Lexus has taken over? See this funny guy
Okay, let's play a game.

For every President you mention that uses a Lexus, I'll mention 3 Presidents who use Mercedes-Benz. I know of nothing less than 30 using Mercedes models.

If you manage to get up to 6 Presidents using Lexuses, I'll deactivate my Nairaland account.

You game?

9 Likes

Re: What Makes Mercedes Benz Different From Others? by Nobody: 2:44am On Sep 19, 2018
Eponyeeboz:

Okay, let's play a game.

For every President you mention that uses a Lexus, I'll mention 3 Presidents who use Mercedes-Benz. I know of nothing less than 30 using Mercedes models.

If you manage to get up to 6 Presidents using Lexuses, I'll deactivate my Nairaland account.

You game?

1. President of Afghanistan: Land cruiser j2000s

2. King of Bhutan: Lexus suv and land cruisers

3. President of Bolivia: Lexus LS 460 escouted by land cruisers.

4. President of Chile: Lexus LS 600h

5. President of Costa Rica: Toyota Land cruiser Prado

6. Queen of Denmark: Lexus LS 600h among others

7. President of Dominican republic: Lexus LX 570 and landcruiser

8. President of El Salvador: Lexus LX 570 amongst others

9. Chief executive of Hing Kong: Lexus LS 600h

10. Emperor of Japan: Toyota century royal while prime minister is driven in Lexus LS 600h

11. President of Latvia: Lexus LS 600h.

I can go on but I don tire. Now DEACTIVATE ur nairaland acct sharp sharp

1 Like

Re: What Makes Mercedes Benz Different From Others? by Eponyeeboz: 3:05am On Sep 19, 2018
You're not the one I threw the challenge at but let me mark your script

greenhulk:

1. [s]President of Afghanistan: Land cruiser j2000s[/s] Not Lexus

2. King of Bhutan: Lexus suv and land cruisers. Correct

3. President of Bolivia: Lexus LS 460 escouted by land cruisers. Correct

4. President of Chile: Lexus LS 600h Correct

5. [s]President of Costa Rica: Toyota Land cruiser Prado [/s] Not Lexus

6. [s]Queen of Denmark: Lexus LS 600h among others [/s] Wrong President not Queen
She uses a Rolls Royce, Bentleys and other cars.
Denmark has a PM and he uses an Audi. Former one was using a Benz.

7. President of Dominican republic: Lexus LX 570 and landcruiser Correct

8. [s]President of El Salvador: Lexus LX 570 amongst others [/s] Wrong
Official State car is a Benz W220

9. Chief executive of Hing Kong: Lexus LS 600h Partially wrong
Also uses a Benz

10. [s]Emperor of Japan: Toyota century royal while prime minister is driven in Lexus LS 600h [/s]Emperor also has a Benz

11. President of Latvia: Lexus LS 600h. Wrong
He uses a Benz.

I can go on but I don tire. Now DEACTIVATE ur nairaland acct sharp sharp

Please go on, add Monaco and Peru.

5 Likes

Re: What Makes Mercedes Benz Different From Others? by Kewtt: 4:31am On Sep 19, 2018
greenhulk:

For example, take the Mercedes Benz g wagon, remove the Mercedes Benz logo and put a Lexus there, most of these Benz fanboys will call it a rubbish expensive piece of Japanese box. But because it has a Mercedes Benz logo it's the best thing since sliced bread.
Hahahaha don't be pained. How car you ever fathom comparing a Mercedes to a Lexus? Take time!

2 Likes

Re: What Makes Mercedes Benz Different From Others? by nurey(m): 6:39am On Sep 19, 2018
Eponyeeboz:

Okay, let's play a game.

You game?

we don't need to play a game because your game is off point.

was vehicles made only for presidents?

you have seen evidence and you are still arguing. Benz refused to upgrade and thought it would forever dictate the luxurious division well it has been relegated. Not only lexus Acura and Infiniti have entered the race, if you have entered the new Q-series sedans you will know benz is not a standard for anything
Re: What Makes Mercedes Benz Different From Others? by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 19, 2018
Eponyeeboz:
You're not the one I threw the challenge at but let me mark your script

Please go on, add Monaco and Peru.

Lol, I don't need to go on since u decided to be cheating by canceling out land cruisers since u know there are up to 4-5 presidents that use landcruisers. Isn't Lexus LX the luxury version of land cruiser? U even canceled out Latvia lol. He uses both a Lexus and a Benz as his official car so what are we saying? And yes the president of Peru uses Lexus LS 460HL
Re: What Makes Mercedes Benz Different From Others? by antagonist: 8:14am On Sep 19, 2018

Re: What Makes Mercedes Benz Different From Others? by antagonist: 8:15am On Sep 19, 2018

Re: What Makes Mercedes Benz Different From Others? by antagonist: 8:16am On Sep 19, 2018

Re: What Makes Mercedes Benz Different From Others? by Eponyeeboz: 12:53pm On Sep 19, 2018
nurey:

we don't need to play a game because your game is off point.

was vehicles made only for presidents?

you have seen evidence and you are still arguing. Benz refused to upgrade and thought it would forever dictate the luxurious division well it has been relegated. Not only lexus Acura and Infiniti have entered the race, if you have entered the new Q-series sedans you will know benz is not a standard for anything

The Pope uses a Benz, the weapons mad dictator of North Korea uses a Benz, more than 80% of Presidents use Benz cars. You're talking of Acura and Infiniti. Very soon, you'll add Kia Quoris and Toyota Crown in the mix.

There is a reason why Presidents of most countries use Mercedes-Benz cars. The day you find out why, you'll come back here, apologise to us and delete your previous posts.

5 Likes

Re: What Makes Mercedes Benz Different From Others? by nurey(m): 2:44pm On Sep 19, 2018
Eponyeeboz:

The Pope uses a Benz, the weapons mad dictator of North Korea uses a Benz, more than 80% of Presidents use Benz cars. You're talking of Acura and Infiniti. Very soon, you'll add Kia Quoris and Toyota Crown in the mix.

There is a reason why Presidents of most countries use Mercedes-Benz cars. The day you find out why, you'll come back here, apologise to us and delete your previous posts.

okay

am sure when they start giving out presidential car awards Benz will pick it grin for now lexus has been topping the luxurious division and really doing well, winning back to back awards in many luxury segments.

1 Like

Re: What Makes Mercedes Benz Different From Others? by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:02pm On Sep 19, 2018
Pointless argument.

"There are only two type of cars, Benz and others."
The above statement is completely nonsensical.

Lexus is a great brand. Mercedes is a great brand too. Lexus is more reliable than Mercedes by far, because of "The Toyota Way" that's taken to the limits in the process of building Lexus cars.

That said, please don't compare Lexus to Mercedes. Some people will drive one nonsense C Class and come and start saying "Benz, yen yen yen". Sit in the 2018 E Class and the 2018 GS and tell the story of how much better the E-Klasse is.

Make una respect una self.

E Class>GS
C Class>IS
S Class>LS
AMG>Lexus F

Apart from the Daimler-Chrysler era, Mercs are quite a bit ahead of Lexus cars in the same class, although the German company seems to be a tad scatter-brained at the moment.

1 Like

Re: What Makes Mercedes Benz Different From Others? by nurey(m): 4:41pm On Sep 19, 2018
HeavenlyBang:
Pointless argument.

"There are only two type of cars, Benz and others."
The above statement is completely nonsensical.

Lexus is a great brand. Mercedes is a great brand too. Lexus is more reliable than Mercedes by far, because of "The Toyota Way" that's taken to the limits in the process of building Lexus cars.

That said, please don't compare Lexus to Mercedes. Some people will drive one nonsense C Class and come and start saying "Benz, yen yen yen". Sit in the 2018 E Class and the 2018 GS and tell the story of how much better the E-Klasse is.

Make una respect una self.

E Class>GS
C Class>IS
S Class>LS
AMG>Lexus F

Apart from the Daimler-Chrysler era, Mercs are quite a bit ahead of Lexus cars in the same class, although the German company seems to be a tad scatter-brained at the moment.

This your comment has a drop of partiality. you decided to sit on the fence but leaned a bit to German side but you made it hard to notice it.

I will not say anything now until my Oga at the top says otherwise.
grin

1 Like

Re: What Makes Mercedes Benz Different From Others? by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:02pm On Sep 19, 2018
nurey:

This your comment has a drop of partiality. you decided to sit on the fence but leaned a bit to German side but you made it hard to notice it.

grin

grin grin grin
I like both marques. wink
Re: What Makes Mercedes Benz Different From Others? by Kewtt: 8:10am On Dec 01, 2018
Eponyeeboz:

Hehehe thanks jooor
Re: What Makes Mercedes Benz Different From Others? by Kewtt: 8:12am On Dec 01, 2018
nurey:

grin
Heavenlybang is obviously conflicted. His first love Benz. New found distraction lexus
Re: What Makes Mercedes Benz Different From Others? by amliftedhigher: 8:52am On Dec 01, 2018
If is not lexus is not luxury
Re: What Makes Mercedes Benz Different From Others? by flybiz08(m): 5:36am On Dec 02, 2018
MB in Nigeria is a no go. Parts are very expensive and sometimes, you wait weeks to months for certain parts.

These Japs are the way to go. Even with missed maintenance, the car goes on.

Very reliable products.

Lexus all the way abeg.

1 Like

Re: What Makes Mercedes Benz Different From Others? by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 02, 2018
lilkech:
Scenario 1:

buy a new Mercedes today ... get home and your wife says she doesn’t like it ... a month later take it to dealership/car mart to be sold at 60% of its initial purchase price

Scenario 2:

buy a new Lexus today ... take it home and drive it for a year or two until a better version comes out ... take it to a car mart to be sold for 70% if it’s initial purchase price

If I’m buying a Benz it better be the diesel variant as the other one depreciates faster than salt dipped in water.
did i buy it for my wife or myself undecided
And who buys a car and worry about resale value?
Life is too short to worry about minor details.
Drive what gives you joy and pleasure.when you park it,you turn,look at it and smile that you could make a dream come true.Bleep Toyotas.

4 Likes

Re: What Makes Mercedes Benz Different From Others? by 9icetoo(m): 9:31am On Dec 03, 2018
nwanneni:
did i buy it for my wife or myself undecided
And who buys a car and worry about resale value?
Life is too short to worry about minor details.
Drive what gives you joy and pleasure.when you park it,you turn,look at it and smile that you could make a dream come true.Bleep Toyotas.
Yeah, bleep Toyotas.
Remember they can swim through floods. cheesy
Re: What Makes Mercedes Benz Different From Others? by 9icetoo(m): 9:37am On Dec 03, 2018
flybiz08:
MB in Nigeria is a no go. Parts are very expensive and sometimes, you wait weeks to months for certain parts.

These Japs are the way to go. Even with missed maintenance, the car goes on.

Very reliable products.

Lexus all the way abeg.
On the parts side, not so true.
Mercedes Benz toks parts are cheap in nigeria.
A gx 470 engine is well over 500k.
A ml550 engine is slightly below 300k.
Balloons for ml550 are cheaper than balloons for gx 470.
Its a function of demand and supply.
Its cheaper to maintain a Benz in states like Lagos and abj cos the parts are cheaper and are readily available. Its technical expertise for the Benz that is challenging.

1 Like

Re: What Makes Mercedes Benz Different From Others? by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 03, 2018
9icetoo:

Yeah, bleep Toyotas.
Remember they can swim through floods. cheesy
lmao grin
Savage you are,a chill you don't have.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Used And Cheap Cars That Are Good For Transportation Business. (Photos) / Honda Accord 09 Is Hard To Start When Hot / I Want To Sell My Infiniti G35 2008 Model Asap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.