Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,384 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis - Sports (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis (16720 Views)

Poll: Who Proceeds To the Finals?

Germany: 59% (50 votes)
Spain: 40% (34 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / Spain Vs Italy - Confederations Cup (7 - 6) On Pens On 27th June 2013 / Spain Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (10 - 0) On 20th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by dayokanu(m): 12:32am On Jul 10, 2010
Maradona never won CL, Zidane won CL once in 2002, Fontaine did not win the CL

Local champions like Kevin Phillips, Mario Jardel, Martin Max and Dario Hubner who cant replicate this at the International level seem to be your gods.

I would rather you show your mettle at the world cup like Ronaldo, Maradona, pele, Garrincha, Zidane, Muller, beckenbauer and co did
Re: Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by Sauron1: 12:41am On Jul 10, 2010
dayokanu:

Maradona never won CL, Zidane won CL once in 2002, Fontaine did not win the CL

They all won league titles by scoring good goals for their clubs.
Huge amount of goals that led to league titles. . . . . We are not talking about UCL here. . . .
We are discussing Klose's 6 goals in 38 appearances. grin grin grin grin grin
Maradona never won CL but he won the world cup. . . . .Klose has not won the world cup, and he hasnt won the CL. . . .BIG DIFFERENCE!!! grin

Local champions like Kevin Phillips, Mario Jardel, Martin Max and Dario Hubner who cant replicate this at the International level seem to be your gods.
I would rather you show your mettle at the world cup like Ronaldo, Maradona, pele, Garrincha, Zidane, Muller, beckenbauer and co did

Just the way flops like Oleg Salenko and Salvatore Schillaci flattered to deceive in the World Cup and faded into oblivion. grin grin
Re: Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by dayokanu(m): 2:11am On Jul 10, 2010
They all won league titles by scoring good goals for their clubs.
Huge amount of goals that led to league titles. . . . . We are not talking about UCL here. . . .
We are discussing Klose's 6 goals in 38 appearances. grin grin grin grin grin
Maradona never won CL but he won the world cup. . . . .Klose has not won the world cup, and he hasnt won the CL. . . .BIG DIFFERENCE!!! grin

Klose has scored at least 4 goals in every world cup he played, Was highest goal scorer in his league and won the league title

Just the way flops like Oleg Salenko and Salvatore Schillaci flattered to deceive in the World Cup and faded into oblivion. grin grin

This is the 3rd world cup Klose is making his mark, Tell me how many world cups Salenko and Schilacci played well? Tell me how many times (If any) they were highest goal scorers in any league

Klose- 14 world cup goals and counting.
[quote][/quote]
Re: Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by davidif: 4:47am On Jul 10, 2010
dayokanu:

Can you show me any other regular top striker for a top footballing nation with this hopeless scoring records.

Morientes, Villa, Rooney, klose, Podolski, Muller, Henry, Nistelrooy etc Just show me anyone that has such woeful scoring record of less than 1 goal every 3 games

Wow!!!!! you learn new things on nairaland all the time. Morientes, rooney, klose, podolski, an old thierry henry and van Nistlerooy are now better than Fernando Torres. Hurrah, clap for yourself mr. kanu for coming up with such excellent analysis. My word, you are such a genius, that is why i always want to get your advice.
Re: Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by dayokanu(m): 6:04am On Jul 10, 2010
^^ I say show me anyone with such woeful record for National team or was he injured for the past 7 yrs in Sanish NT?
Re: Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by Sauron1: 6:37pm On Jul 10, 2010
dayokanu:

Klose has scored at least 4 goals in every world cup he played, Was highest goal scorer in his league and won the league title

This is the 3rd world cup Klose is making his mark, Tell me how many world cups Salenko and Schilacci played well? Tell me how many times (If any) they were highest goal scorers in any league

Klose- 14 world cup goals and counting.

World cup goal ONLY can NEVER make Klose a legend.

Legends are made by either winning the world cup itself or winning a continental title or the combination of both.

Pele(World Cup)
Maradona(World Cup + UEFA cup)
Luiz Ronaldo(World Cup + UEFA cup)
Zidane(World Cup + UCL)
Messi(UCL)
Kaka(UCL + World Cup)
Cristiano(UCL)
Rooney(UCL)
Ronaldinho(UCL + World Cup)

Klose(NO WORLD CUP, NO UCL, NO UEFA CUP, NO EUROS).

So what makes Klose a legend? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by mamagee3(f): 10:06pm On Jul 10, 2010
~Sauron~:

World cup goal ONLY can NEVER make Klose a legend.

Legends are made by either winning the world cup itself or winning a continental title or the combination of both.

Pele(World Cup)
Maradona(World Cup + UEFA cup)
Luiz Ronaldo(World Cup + UEFA cup)
Zidane(World Cup + UCL)
Messi(UCL)
Kaka(UCL + World Cup)
Cristiano(UCL)
Rooney(UCL)
Ronaldinho(UCL + World Cup)

Klose(NO WORLD CUP, NO UCL, NO UEFA CUP, NO EUROS).

So what makes Klose a legend? grin grin grin grin grin
*Death*

Don't mind the fellow trying to overhype and overrate a player the same way they did to messi. grin

klose who sits on the bench in every game with Bayern Munich is now a certified legend in the heart of dayokanu. grin grin
Re: Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by davidif: 2:18am On Jul 11, 2010
dayokanu:

Can you show me any other regular top striker for a top footballing nation with this hopeless scoring records.

Morientes, Villa, Rooney, klose, Podolski, Muller, Henry, Nistelrooy etc Just show me anyone that has such woeful scoring record of less than 1 goal every 3 games
[b]LOOK, IT IS OBVIOUS THAT JUST LIKE MOST NIGERIANS YOU ARGUE JUST TO WIN AN ARGUEMENT AND NOT TO LEARN ANYTHING. THE PLAYERS YOU MENTIONED HAVE PLAYED MUCH LONGER FOR THERE NATIONAL TEAMS THAN EL NINO EVEN ROONEY AND PODOLSKI WERE STARTERS FOR THERE COUNTRY BEFORE TORRES WHO HAD TO BEAT THE LIKES OF RAUL AND VILLA FOR THE JOB. EL NINO BECAME A REGULAR STARTER WHEN RAUL RETIRED AND BECAUSE PODOLSKI AND ROONEY SCORED SOME GARBAGE GOALS AGAINST THE LIKES OF MACEDONIA AND CYPRUS DOES NOT MAKE THEM BETTER THAN TORRES. IF ACCORDING TO YOU KLOSE, PODOLSKI AND MORIENTES ARE BETTER THAN EL NINO THEN WHY  DON'T YOU SAY THAT PETER CROUCH IS BETTER AFTERALL HE HAS SCORED 21 GOALS IN 40 GAMES FRO ENGLAND.
MAN I AM DONE WITH THIS THREAD ITS SOOOOOOOOOO ANNOYING COMING TO THIS WEBSITE AND ARGUING WITH PSEUDO-INTELLECTUALS WHO JUST ARGUE FOR ARGUING SAKE  AND  WHO ARE TOOOOOOOOOO ARROGANT TO BELIEVE THAT THEY ARE WRONG IN ANY ARGUEMENT. DON'T YOU PEOPLE KNOW THAT IT TAKES A MAN TO ADMIT THAT HE IS WRONG GEEZ.[/b]
Re: Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by dayokanu(m): 8:27am On Jul 11, 2010
Very empty post.

Tell us why Torres is a top striker. Someone who has failed everywhere outside of EPL compared to his peers in other countries.

Podolski came into the German team in 2005 thats 2 yrs after Torres.

Does Torres not play the likes of Macedonia and Luxemburg? How come others are able to score vs these lowly teams but Torres cant?

No attempt to argue your point but just sticking to a unreasonable position
Re: Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by ddippset(m): 7:03pm On Jul 12, 2010
mama-gee:

Nah!

I think he's a good player but to say he's legendary is a big joke.

Messi can't perform well without Xavi and Iniesta, have you ever wondered why he doesn't want to leave Barca? undecided

Cause he wouldn't be able to show his real colours and wants to continue to live off the talents of Xavi and iniesta.

Messi is way overrated and overhyped. . .

grand ma geee, i think you have a crush on messi, maybe you get wet when ever you hear his name. all the hatred is just a side attraction. sorry FIFA DID NOMINATE HIM!
Re: Spain Vs Germany: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by mamagee3(f): 9:16pm On Jul 12, 2010
^^In the end, he won none of the above. . .

They are better players to win them and I'm glad they gave it to those that deserved it.

Not some player that had 0 goals in the World Cup.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Fenerbahce Prepare Loan Bid For Iheanacho / The players keep me going, I would have walked away long ago - Waldrum Hits NFF / FIFA World Ranking: Belgium Stay On Top, Nigeria At 34th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.