Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,626 members, 7,770,683 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:57 PM

My Village Prince And I - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Village Prince And I (32210 Views)

My Madam And I (part Two) / The Prince And The Siren / Continuation Of My Madam And I(from Family Group And Sexuality). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Village Prince And I by Viciyoung(m): 11:01pm On Sep 17, 2018
Written by Joy Osamudiamen
SUMMARY
The circumstances surrounding her birth made everyone call her an abomination, life face with hate and pain was what was made prepare for her by her creator so she thoughts, rejected by many she was a curse to the world, a plague that befell the land of Amucha is what she is called, loneliness was the only friend she know, but what happen when she finds favor in the eyes of the handsome prince of same village that condemn her, will the royal family agree to welcome a girl that they call a curse. This is the story of Amarachi the curse child.
Prologue
I was not a child born with luck, good things was never meant for me, maybe my creator brought me to this world so I can pay for the sins I had committed in my previous life, my mother died after given birth to me so i was told by Nneka and Uzochi, they are the couples that took me in and called me their own even when I was rejected from birth.
My mother that I never got the chance to know because she was taken away from me by the cold hands of death was banished from her village because she was accused of killing my father her husband, she was already pregnant with me at that time, with no place to go she wander the forest for five days without food or water, after five days in the forest she fell into Labour her scream got the attention of Uzochi who is an hunter and had gone to check his traps, he helped my mother to deliver a little baby girl (that's me) right there in the forest as there was no time to take her to the village midwives, there she told Uzochi everything that had happened to her before giving up the ghost, she was buried there in the forest by Uzochi which I sometimes go to when I feel like to talk to her, Uzochi took me home and showed me to his wife Nneka, they both agreed to take me in because they were in great need of a child at that time after many years of marriage with no child to call their own, to them I was a blessing.
The villagers wasn't pleased with their decision because of the circumstances surrounding my birth, it has never been heard that a child was deliver in a forest in the land of Amucha, so because of this they called me unclean, it was reported to the king but seeing that Uzochi and Nneka has been longing to have a child for many years he decided to allow them keep me as a way to show appreciation for the good deeds they have been doing for the people of Amucha, yes Uzochi and Nneka are both good heartened people, they both became the parents I never had.
My bestfriend name is chiamaka as she was the only one that her parents allowed to play with me because Nneka was a close friend to her mother, life went on like that until one faithful day that Uzochi my father went to the forest but didn't return alive, I was 15years old at that time, he was attacked by a wild animals, other said it was a lion while other said otherwise but either way we (Nbeka and I) had lost someone dearest to us, things never remained the same after that, we mourn him even up still now, things became worst for me after the death of Uzochi because I was blame for his death, I try to ignore them because I had mama (Nneka) and thinking with time they will let it rest but it was like the more time flies the more frustrated they made me feel, My name is Amarachi and this is my story.
To be continued from sequence one..

2 Likes

Re: My Village Prince And I by moseph(f): 12:05am On Sep 18, 2018
Nice.
Re: My Village Prince And I by Kaycee9242(m): 11:58am On Sep 18, 2018
Good starting, I dy front roll already
Re: My Village Prince And I by iloezumanulika: 2:49pm On Sep 18, 2018
space booked,nice storyline
Re: My Village Prince And I by niffyluv(f): 4:22pm On Sep 18, 2018
following
Re: My Village Prince And I by skubido(m): 5:32pm On Sep 18, 2018
following
Re: My Village Prince And I by Viciyoung(m): 11:01pm On Sep 19, 2018
Sequence 1

Continues..
I opened my eyes to behold a new day, the sun has not yet raised so it was easy to tell that it was still very early in the morning, I looked out of the window that was just opposite my bed without moving, wasn't ready to get up just yet, well that has been my routine for the pass four years that my father died, ever since I was a child I would wake up so early just to go with him to check his traps sometimes he took me along when ever the place is close by while other times he refuse saying he was going deep down into the forest, even after he was gone I still find myself waking up early at each passing day because waking up early was already used to me.
The sky was becoming clearer that also brighten up my room giving way to see how tidy my room is which consists of a mattress that is lay on the floor facing the window which is covered with a curtain and the door by my head side also covered with a curtain, my bags which we normally call Ghana must go four of them place at the ending of the bed very close to the window, a ceiling fan and a blue carpet which goes with the wall, it's a small room but comfortable for me.
I was still waiting for the sun to fully rise while my mind went to the activities I had to take care of that morning trying to arrange the chores in my head because today being Saturday I have a lot to take care of , I rose up immediately as soon as the sun had fully risen putting on my clothes I left my room, I passed my mother's room which was just close to my room heading to the backyard, I didn't want to disturb my mother because I knew she will still be sleeping, I don't need to described my house because it's just a commonly villages house that has four rooms, a sitting room, a kitchen that is built at the backyard, then at the left side is the bathroom, there was enough space in the compound so most of the empty space we turned it into a farm.
I took some water with a small bowl from one of the water drum that was placed just close to the kitchen, using the water to wash my face, hands and feet, there wasn't need to take my bath that morning as I had lot of house chores that needed to be done, I gently place the bowl back at it spot and I picked up my bucket and my wrapper that was hanging on the rope and headed to the public borehole.
Amucha is recognized as one of the peaceful community in Imo state, with good roads, standard education, steady lights and water and Of course good security, enriched with a lot of natural resources and cultural heritage, for this purpose both the rich and the poor acknowledge Amucha as a home to stay or visit making my village one of the richest in all of igbo land that you will mistake it for a little city, with constant borehole you don't have to worry about having clean water.
I met Chiamaka few meters away from my house waiting for me, she was also holding a bucket and a small cloth, she looks beautiful in her blue dress, Chiamaka is what they call your black is so beautiful, she was not too tall but okey for a girl her age. Chiamaka and i are age mates, she is dark in complexion while am very fair in complexion, she is taller then I am because an average in height, but we both have same shape in fact we are both beautiful, as I approach her she let out a warm smile.
CHIAMAKA: Good morning Amarachi.
AMARACHI: Good morning, how was your night.
CHIAMAKA: my night was not bad, I won't bother to ask about yours because I know it was good.
Both of us laugh it off.
AMARACHI: let's us be going, you know I want us to quickly get there on time so we could also leave there on time before Ada and her bodyguards comes ohhh.
When I said bodyguards I meant her two serpents that are with her as a form of friends Oluchi and Ugoma.
CHIAMAKA: you are right, you know that girl is trouble.
We quickly set on our way not wanting to waste another time standing there, I was really avoiding Ada because she was trouble to me, Ada was a girl around my age I guess, she was one of the people that makes my life miserable in Amucha village, she is the only daughter of a very powerful chief and I heard that he is also good friend to the king (i don't know his name) so that always gives her the power to do what she want, well to me obviously, I wasn't scared of her but I was just trying to stay out of trouble since she is classed as one.
We arrived at the borehole on time thanks to God there was less people there, it got to our turn and we quickly fetch our water, helping each other we put the bucket on our heads and headed on our way, I thanked God that I passed this morning without facing Ada but my appreciation didn't have the time to get to heaven because Ada decided to show her face, she and her two devils Oluchi and Ugoma walk majestically directly to us, I guess they have already seen us.
CHIAMAKA: ( in a whisper) talk of the she devil and her serpents.
I let out a loud sigh I already knew today is going to be another episode of war.
To be continued..

2 Likes

Re: My Village Prince And I by Atinukebolanle7(f): 10:22am On Sep 20, 2018
Following
Re: My Village Prince And I by boomssey(f): 2:38pm On Sep 20, 2018
Nice story! Stuck on u.
Re: My Village Prince And I by Ifywildrose1(f): 2:48pm On Sep 20, 2018
Nice story, please update
Re: My Village Prince And I by Viciyoung(m): 10:56pm On Sep 22, 2018
Sequence 2
Continues.
Just as I thought, the moment they came close to us they blocked our path, I and chiamaka glare at each other giving ourselves knowing looks, we tried to move to the other open space but yet again we were blocked by them, chiamaka was the first to voice out as I had nothing to say.
CHIAMAKA: what is all this, what do you want from us this time.
They stared at themselves and just as I expected they burst into laughter, I and chiamaka just looked at them waiting for them to finish with what ever that is amusing them.
ADA : oh please please please, what could we need from people like you, please give us some credit.
CHIAMAKA : if you need nothing from us then why are you blocking our path.
OLUCHI : who is blocking your path, oh you want us to give way for you when you should be the one that should run into the bush and hide your face when you see us passing.
UGOMA : tell them, maybe they don't know that dogs and kings don't eat in the same table.
CHIAMAKA: oh we should run into the bush for you as what.
We were still carrying our bucket of water and it was already telling on me, if not for the bucket of water I wouldn't have said a word to them.
AMARACHI: Ada please I don't have time for your trouble today, we can do this some other day but not today, as you can see there are heavy bucket of water on our heads, so please let us pass next time we will run into the bush when we see you.
I said as calmly as I can but instead I got another round of laughter, this was becoming frustrating.
ADA : oh the bucket is heavy and it's on her head let us help her with that.
She said in a mockery sound talking to Oluchi and Ugoma, before I could put out of what she meant by that she pushed the bucket from my head and it fell causing some water to pour and me, and immediately they burst into another round of laughter, I couldn't tell what I felt that minutes because I so wanted to strangle her to death, I looked at chiamaka who was looking so surprise.
CHIAMAKA: (shouting) why will you do that.
ADA: you better watch that tongue of yours before I also help you with your bucket.
AMARACHI: Ada, Ada, Ada how many times did I call you, Ada don't push me, don't push me.
ADA: and if I do what will you do, obviously nothing, the list you can do is to go running to your stupid mother.
I was shocked and angry at the same time, how dare she talk to my mother like that.
AMARACHI: my mother.
I looked at chiamaka who had already dropped her bucket of water, the anger that I was trying to control gave way, I send a resounding slap on her face, she looked shocked holding her cheek in which the slap has landed.
ADA: you slapped me.
AMARACHI: that is what you get for opening that your gutter mouth to talk to my mother like that.
Oluchi raised her hand to slap me but I saw that coming as I moved back dodging the slap, almost immediately Ada rushed into me and we started another episode of war.
I was a good fighter, not even four girls can withstand me, some say I fight with evil powers as I had the strength of a man yet I wonder why will anyone wants to cross my path knowing fully well that thay will be defeated. As always I and chiamaka sent them running promising hell as they use to, I and chiamaka was breathing heavily challenging them to come for more, our clothes were a little bit stained but can't say the same for them as we used the wet sand my water has fallen upon to paint them, we looked for our slippers, I would have loved to go back to the borehole to fetch another bucket of water but the force in which the bucket fell broke caused it to break, nevertheless I still picked it up, I helped chiamaka with hers and we went our way raining curses on them.
My mother was in the kitchen when I walked in, I greeted her placing the bucket angrily on the ground, she got up from the stool she was sitting on looking worried.
NNEKA : Amarachi, what is it, you didn't fetch the water again.
AMARACHI: is it not Ada and her gangs.
NNEKA : Don't tell you you got into another fight.
AMARACHI: it was them na, look ( picking the broken bucket from the ground and showing it to her) at what they did to my bucket, they broke it.
NNEKA: what is all this, why won't this people let I and my daughter live in peace.( sign heavily) it's okay don't worry.
AMARACHI: I want to go inside and change so I can take another bucket to go and fetch water.
NNEKA : no no don't worry, just go change and come to do other things, you will fetch water tomorrow, there is enough for us today.
AMARACHI : ok mama.
NNEKA: give me that (taking the bucket from my hand) go inside.
I smile at her and she did same, my mother always find a way to calm my anger well that's why she is called my mother.
The day went by very fast and before we could know it evening came, we had just finished eating our dinner, I was in my room reading an interested story called The Abominable Act written by Joy Osamudiamen when I heard my mother voice calling my name, I quickly placed the book on my bed and rush out to answer her, she was in the sitting room with a bible on her hands which shows she has been going through the word of God like she always does, don't get me wrong I am a strong believer but not just like my mother.
AMARACHI: mama you called me.
NNEKA: yes I did, please sit down.
I sat down opposite her, I knew I was in for her lectures but don't really know what this is all about, I watched her as she placed her bible on top of the center table, she clear her throat before opening her mouth to speak.
NNEKA: do you know the meaning of your name.
AMARACHI: yes mama
NNEKA: good now if you know the meaning of your name you will not be concerned over what people do or say to you, do you know that.
AMARACHI: I think I do.
I was trying hard to understand where she was heading to but just couldn't, for all I know I wasn't bother about what others do or say to me well I do feel bad most times but today was not part of those days not even what happened today killed my happiness.
AMARACHI: mama, I don't understand, do I look sad or hurt to you.
NNEKA : I know you don't, Amarachi I will not ask you to explain to me what happened this morning because I already knows who is at fault.
AMARACHI : mama I know that you are not happy about the fight that happened between I and Ada this morning but you know me mama, if not for the fact that she disrespected you I would have held my peace, but I just needed to teach her a lesson not to involve my mother in any of our misunderstanding ever again.
This made my mother laugh, I didn't think it was funny any way I joined her.
NNEKA: right from the first day I set my eyes on you I knew you were a strong warrior, if you weren't you couldn't have survived in your mother's womb for five whole days without nothing, but still I want you to always learn how to tolerate okey, no matter what the case may be, now promise me that you will not involve yourself in fighting again.
I looked at my mother uncertain of what to say, how could she tell me to promise her, she knows I don't break my promises.
NNEKA: Amarachi, promise me.
AMARACHI: okey, I promise.
To be continued..

2 Likes

Re: My Village Prince And I by DemiKOL(f): 11:44am On Sep 23, 2018
Thanks for the update!
Re: My Village Prince And I by skubido(m): 5:23pm On Sep 23, 2018
OP tanks a lot for the update
Re: My Village Prince And I by Viciyoung(m): 10:38pm On Sep 23, 2018
Sequence 3
Continues..
AFAMEFUNA POV
My name is Afamefuna, Afam as my friends always calls me, I am the only child of Eze Edoziem the mighty king of Amucha village and Eze Nwanyi the beautiful Lolo Agbonma of Amucha village, but I never got the chance to enjoy my cultural heritage as I was sent to the US (United States of America) to complete my education as an engineer, I was only four year old when I was taken from my family that I miss so much, I would have love to visit but I was forbidden by my father saying I needed to finish my education and come out with a flying colors because I had so much to offer to my community, it's been 17 whole years and I have been able to graduate from the university with a first class result and have completed my masters degree now planning for my PhD, I could have loved to go for my PhD in Nigeria where I can be close to my family.
I am what you call the ladies man, with a good height, and a body well built, red lips and of course fine face, I am handsome and I don't need you to tell me that, in as much as ladies find me attractive I just can't say same for me, yes I have been with a couple of women but I just can't be committed to one lady as there was always something missing when ever I am with them, I had everything working out for me, I am rice in other word money is never my problem, I know you guys are confused now wondering how can a prince talk about riches this much well yes my father is the king but he also has companies scattered all over the world, my father was already a rice man before ascending the throne which I intend to do before ascending the throne from him, now back to where I stopped. Now with my face fine, and am educated, you could say I had everything but to me I had nothing because my heart was missing something and I can't tell what it is.
I woke up to the ringing of my phone, who the hell will be calling at this hour of the day, I curse under my breath, I didn't look at the time but I knew it was pass midnight, I stretch my hand and grab the phone that was still ringing loudly, without looking at the caller I press the answer button.
AFAMEFUNA : hello
VOICE : hello Afamefuna how are you.
Hearing the voice from the other end i quickly got up from my bed and sleep totally left my eyes.
AFAMEFUNA: father.
EZE NWANYI: my son, how are doing.
AFAMEFUNA: am doing fine father, what about you and mother, hope everyone are doing fine
EZE NWANYI: yes of course everyone is doing perfectly okey, from your voice I could tell you must have been sleeping.
AFAMEFUNA: yes I was but am awake now, hearing your voice have brought me up to my feet.
I knew this will make him to laugh and as I expected he did and I also joined him, I wasn't still sure why my father could call me knowing fully well that it was already night fall in US, he normally calls earlier then this.
AFAMEFUNA: father, I hope there is no problem.
EZE NWANYI: no there is not, or is it wrong now to call my son.
AFAMEFUNA: of course not but you never call at this hour, you know it passed midnight here.
EZE NWANYI : yes you are right, I called because of something, you are truly your father's son.
This brought smile on my face, I always love it when he acknowledge me that way.
EZE NWANYI : Afamefuna.
AFAMEFUNA: yes father.
EZE NWANYI: it has been a long time you left to study in the US, and from all indications you have gotten what ever that made you went there.
I wanted to correct him because my PhD is all I needed so I can leave this place, but you know better than interrupting the king when he hasn't end his speech.
EZE NWANYI : so I wanted to ask, when are you coming back.
His last sentence took me by surprise, for real, like this man was reading my mind, obviously I should be the one asking him the question but it's like God answered my prayer but I still have to keep my cool.
AFAMEFUNA : father I would have love to come back home but my PhD is what is holding me, once I am done I will be home.
He was silent for some time maybe thinking about what I said.
EZE NWANYI: can't you do your PhD some other time, you can come home now and learn a lot about your culture then you can go back to complete your PhD.
I was a little disappointed, thought he could suggest I do my PhD in Nigeria but hey I will go for this one.
AFAMEFUNA: sure it is fine by me.
EZE NWANYI: Good.
AFAMEFUNA: so are you telling me to come home.
EZE NWANYI: yes Afamefuna, your mother really misses you.
I couldn't hold my joy that was inside of me this has been the greatest news I have heard for a long time.
AFAMEFUNA: I miss you all too, am really happy that am coming home I have always dreamt of this day, father I will love to come back home by next weekend, is that okey by you.
EZE NWANYI : when ever you are ready just let me know, that will be all, you go back to sleep now.
AFAMEFUNA: sure father, I will be looking forward to seeing you.
The line went dead, I started jumping on my bed happily, this is a good news for me.Through out that night I couldn't sleep as I waited patiently for morning to come, I had to start making preparation.
The following days was tough on me as I started making my clearance and other things to get me prepared for my tourney, I broke the news to my friends some were happy for me while others were sad either way they were all going to miss me, my mother call also to share her excitement with me, well why won't she. After I was done will all preparation I call my father informing him on the date I have decided to come home.
AMARACHI POV
the days has been going on smoothly I had not seen Ada and her serpents after that day, it been a week now and I thank God for putting them behind me at least I enjoyed the few days without their faces.
I and chiamaka were coming from the farm, we have gone early in the morning to get some firewood, yes we do all our chores early hours of the day, we don't go to school anymore, we have wrote our jamb so since our parents could not afford the university we decided to relax for the time been well I won't say same for Ada she failed her jamb and looking forward to rewrite it again, dull brain. The Town Crier sound brought me out of my thought.
AMARACHI : what news has he brought from the palace again.
CHIAMAKA: no one knows, let's hear what he has to say.
We stood where we were so we could hear the news he brought from the palace.
TOWN CRIER : Great people of Amucha I greet you all.
He started, shouting at the top of his voice.
TOWN CRIER: I am here to announce the coming arrival of our crowd prince, heir to the great throne of Amucha kingdom, crown Prince Afamefuna that went to the United States to study, he has decided to come home to his father's land four days from now, the General republic both citizens and non citizens of Amucha kingdom are highly invited as there will enough to eat and drink, I have pass the messages it is left for you to keep the letter.
He concluded his speech and went on his way, immediately many passerby started jubilating.
AMARACHI: I never knew this village had a prince.
CHIAMAKA: am shocked as you are, any way which one is our own, we will go there is eat and get to see the beauty of the palace.
AMARACHI: that is if I have nothing to do at home, biko (please) let us be going.
We both continue our journey home, I didn't know what I felt in me by the sound of the prince coming back to Amucha village, it was weird to me so I decided to keep it to myself, what ever it is I pray it doesn't come with danger.
To be continued..

3 Likes

Re: My Village Prince And I by skubido(m): 11:39am On Sep 24, 2018
Tanks a lot for the update
Re: My Village Prince And I by Viciyoung(m): 9:30pm On Sep 27, 2018
Sequence 4
Continues
AFAMEFUNA POV
I can't believe finally I am in Nigeria, I felt the hot wind as it hits my face, wow never knew Nigeria was an oven well maybe because I have never experience the weather here but am here now, how was I going to find my way around here, well my father have told me there will be someone to pick me up but I can't find anyone holding a paper with my name on it well I guess I have to figure it out myself, I proceed to the front door.
Murtala Muhammad International Airport was fill with people from all works of life, both Britishs, Americans, Africans and more, it was big and beautiful I must confess, I was still admiring the place when I felt the present of someone immediately I turned to see a young man probably my age mate smiling at me, I was a bit confused until he spoke.
MAN : you must be prince Afamefuna from Amucha kingdom.
AFAMEFUNA: yes I am and you are.
Almost immediately he bow his head down, this made me a little embarrassed as I start looking left and right.
MAN: my name is victor Enyinnaya, am a son of the soil, I was asked by the king to pick you up.
AFAMEFUNA: okey can you rise up now you are already causing a scene.
He did as I said and lead me to his car that was parked just few walk away from me, he took my two luggage's from me, as soon as we got to his car he opened the back sit for me, like seriously.
AFAMEFUNA:
That you so much but I will love to sit at the front.
He looked confused but I had not time to say another word to him I moved to the front door, I gently opened it and went in, he stoop there for some time before putting my luggage's in the car and took his position at the driver sit, he starts the car and we went on our way, we drove in silent as I envy the beauty of Lagos.
VICTOR : my prince.
I turned to face him.
AFAMEFUNA : yes
VICTOR: you will be lodging in an hotel for today, tomorrow your flight will be leaving for Imo state.
AFAMEFUNA: I thought we were heading to Amucha right now.
VICTOR: no we are not, it far from here so you will be taking a flight, you could have moved today but your flight was cancelled dew to some problem, your tickets has already been taken care of.
AFAMEFUNA : wow, ok no problem, thank you.
VICTOR: thank you my prince.
We continue our journey in silence, not long we drove into a massive building, after parking we both came down, almost immediately a man dress in a working uniform came to us, he greeted us warmly and took the luggage from victor, I was impressed with the services they offer here, well they have shown first impression.
We followed the man and got to the receptionist, she also with her beautiful face and chocolate skin welcomed us with a warm smile which we did same.
RECEPTIONIST : welcome to Grands hotel and suite, how may we be of help.
VICTOR: a reservation was made for prince Afamefuna Nwanyi.
RECEPTIONIST : oh of course, you are welcome, please one minute let me put a call through to the manager.
I was surprised at her response, do I need a manager just because I have a reservation here or is it how they welcome everyone with a reservation. Not long a man I think in his late 60s walked to us, he welcome us, mostly me warmly leading us to my room, the hotel matches with its name, Grand Hotel and suite, we took the elevator and in no time we were at my room, it was beautiful I most say, it was a suite with everything screaming wealth, if this is how the rest of the rooms are then this hotel needs to come out first in the Guinness book of records, the manager left after he showed and told me things I needed to know.
AFAMEFUNA : wow, like seriously what with all the formality.
VICTOR: you don't know
That sound confusing.
AFAMEFUNA : know what.
VICTOR: your father is the owning of this hotel.
My mouth almost drop to the ground, whatttt, you must be kidding me, yes I knew my father had a lot of businesses but never knew hotel was included and one as big and luxury as this, now you can imagine my surprise.
VICTOR: I will leave you know so you can rest, I will be here tomorrow morning by 10am to take you to the airport.
I couldn't respond because I was still lost in the surprise message I just got that I didn't know when he left, it was the sound of the close door that brought me out of my thought.
I was indoor for the rest of the day, I wouldn't want another episode of what happened hours ago to repeat itself, I easily feel embarrassed in things like that. Night gone and morning came, I checked the time and it says 8:39 am, I woke up so I could get prepare before victor comes, there was something different about this morning and I love the feeling, I just can't wait to see my parents, I called room service for breakfast which arrived 10minutes after, I had already brushed my teeth, after eating my breakfast I had my bath and got dress, just as I locked my luggage the door bell rang, I went to opened the door and saw Victor standing with the manager, we exchanged pleasantries and in no time I was in the car with victor on my way to the airport.
VICTOR: you are humble for a prince.
I was taken back by his statement.
AFAMEFUNA: excuse me
VICTOR : most prince lack manners but you my prince don't.
I didn't know when I start laughing.
AFAMEFUNA: seriously, come on am only human.
VICTOR: that's because you are saying that, most feel like a god, am proud to call you my prince.
AFAMEFUNA : you are not bad yourself, and please just call me Afam, it more better.
VICTOR: you see what I am saying.
And we both went into another round of laughter.
AFAMEFUNA:
It's nice meeting you.
VICTOR: I should be the one saying that.
We continue our discussion and said our goodbyes but not without him exchanging his phone numbers to me, I had no Nigeria line for now, in no time I was in the plane heading to my home town, judging from the first day in Nigeria I knew the rest of my stay will be memorable.
To be continued

1 Like

Re: My Village Prince And I by Kaycee9242(m): 5:46am On Sep 28, 2018
Wow!! Wat a fantastic story, well done op
Re: My Village Prince And I by excelmerry: 6:11am On Sep 28, 2018
Weldone. I love the picture u painted in our minds about his first impression in his home country. Was expecting the usual comparisons but u made him appreciate everything. It's good to appreciate our environment while of course leaving room for improvement. Good job.
Re: My Village Prince And I by skubido(m): 4:13pm On Sep 28, 2018
Tanks for the update
Re: My Village Prince And I by Viciyoung(m): 3:04pm On Oct 01, 2018
Sequence 5
Continues from Afamefuna pov
I arrived at Sam Mbakwe Airport, I was welcome with the shock of my life as I came out of the front door, I stood at my track not knowing what was going on, there were up to four cars all parked waiting for me, four maids dressed in yellow long gown and three others in a purple long gown and their hair all wrap in a ponytail type, two of the guards wore a yellow wrapper round their waist and a black multi patterned on top and five more guards wore purple wrapper and same black multi patterned, all the guards were putting on black caps on their heads, there on the floor was a long red rug that leads right directly to a car that is already open for me, before I could say a word the two guards putting on yellow wrapper came and collected my bags from me, they both greeted me in reunion and left, almost immediately the maids putting on the yellow gown stood at both sides of the rug, two at each side holding a little basket of roses, when I thought all was over the worst happened.
MAN: welcome home crown prince Afamefuna, heir to the throne of the great Amucha kingdom, son the the great Eze Nwanyi 1 of Amucha, the lion that is fearless......
Shouted the man wearing a white chief attire with red beads and a red cap, there were two of them, well I could tell they were chief because of the red cap on their heads, when the man was done they both walk to me bowing to greet me.
1 MAN: I am Mazi Okafor and this is Mazi Enyinnaya we are from the cabinet meeting, we are sent by the people of Amucha to welcome their prince home.
I was already feeling embarrassed as I was seeing people already taking photos or videoing, God I hate this.
AFAMEFUNA: thank you very much, so can we go now.
MAZI OKAFOR : of course after you my prince.
I quickly walked to the car while the four maiden were throwing flowers at my feet, the more I move fast the more the increase theirs.
If I said I wasn't amazed then I am lying, it was few hours ride from the airport to my village, sited at the back sit I gaze out of the car window admiring the beauty of Imo state, I was lost in my own thoughts, thinking about the whole drama that have taken place some hours ago at the airport, I thought that was only done in the movies but here I am experience it at first class, I knew it will be hard to believe if I told my friends back in the states because all seem like a fairy tale.
GUARD : my prince.
Coming out of my thought I looked at the guard that had just called me, he was sited at the front sit while the other drove.
AFAMEFUNA : yes
GUARD: I want to inform you that we are about to enter Amucha kingdom.
Just as he said it, the guard driving turn the car to the another road following the car in front of us, there was a big pillar that the inscription WELCOME TO AMUCHA KINGDOM, THE HOME OF PEACE was boldly written on it. Just then I hear a sound like a trumpet, wondering where it was coming from, the guard told me it was to announce my arrival to the villagers, just as he finished his sentence I saw people going out of stores, houses and others places, many started jubilating while others just watch, the children even made it more fun running along side the cars, young boy followed suit as we drove deeper into the kingdom, that minutes I felt at home, never would I have imagined that the people of Amucha will welcome me this way, even if they don't know me that didn't stop them not to acknowledge and welcome me, I roll down the car window so I could see more clearly.
In no time we arrived at the palace, there were alot of people both outside and inside the palace, the car parked in front of the front door, there stood my father, my mother and some chiefs they were all putting on same attire that the two chiefs that came to pick me at the airport wore with red cap and beads, the maids from the airport came down from their cars immediately it stopped and stood at mine, positioning the way they did before, the door was opened and I ran into the arms of my mother, she was more beautiful than her photos and the video call we always have, I was so lost in her tight embrace that I forgot we were outside, she disengage from the embrace bringing back to reality, I did same to my dad and greeted the elders, I was them lead inside, my mother ordered the maids to take me to my room so I could take my bath and dress into something else, I did as I was told, my room was wide and was divided in two parts, it has a little sitting area with leather sofa all neatly arranged, on the wall was a plasma tv and a DvD to go with it, then at the right side lays a king size bed, there is a balcony at the other side with sets of two chairs and a table, at the other end of the room is the bathroom that is wide enough to contain two king size beds, the wall was painted white so is the curtain that has blue flowers drawing on it, the room was magnificent, but there was no wardrobe that I wondered when the clothes stays, on my bed lays an outfit, it was the same outfit as their but was more expensive, with my attire you don't need anyone to tell you who I am, even I couldn't recognize myself in the mirror, at first I had rejected the clothes but one of the men servants begged me to try it on and if I don't love it then I can take it off but to my greatest surprise I loved it, i was helped by two male servant that in no time I was outside with the rest of my family, it was a day of merriment that I was happy I came back home.
AMARACHI POV.
I was washing my clothes at the backyard, my mother has left some hours ago to welcome the prince home, I couldn't go because I had a lot to do and I can't skip it for just any prince, chiamaka came to call me earlier but I told her I was busy so she left without me, what will I be doing there anyway when almost all my enemies will be there, well I managed to see the cars that drove him into the kingdom, was coming from the farm where I went to get firewood, I could see how people were very happy to see him, that's for them, the voice of my mother brought me out of my thought.
AMARACHI: mama you are back welcome.
NNEKA: yes am back.
AMARACHI: how was it.
NNEKA: it was wonderful, everyone was there, there were lot of food to eat and drink.
I sighted the black bag in her hand.
AMARACHI: and I see you dealt with the food.
She followed my eyes that landed at the bag, this cause her to laugh.
NNEKA : I couldn't finish everything there, and besides they also gave us to take home, so I used that opportunity to also bring yours since you refused to come with me.
AMARACHI: ah mama if I had gone with you who would have done the cleaning, the fetching of firewood and who could have cooked now am washing the clothes.
NNEKA : I know it's okey, you have really tried today, don't worry finished with what you are doing so you can come and eat what I brought for you.
AMARACHI: okey mama I will soon be done.
With this my mother went inside, I quickly stood up to hang the clothes, anyway I was happy I didn't go because it gave me enough time for me to fetch water without any disturbance from Ada and gangs.
To be continued..

2 Likes

Re: My Village Prince And I by skubido(m): 3:31pm On Oct 01, 2018
OP tanks a lot for the update, jah bless

more
Re: My Village Prince And I by Kaycee9242(m): 12:00am On Oct 02, 2018
Nice story, op keep it coming am enjoying it, but can u pls always tell us wen to expect d next update?
Re: My Village Prince And I by Viciyoung(m): 10:17pm On Oct 09, 2018
Sequence 6
AFAMEFUNA POV

I was woken up by the sound of a male voice singing praises to me,  I cursed under my breath, who was this slowpoke that is disturbing my sleep, I opened my eyes slowly to see a male figure standing close to me bed, he was putting on the guards attire but the wrapper was white.

AFAMEFUNA: who the hell are you.

GUARD: Good morning my prince, I hope you slept well being last night was the first night you have spent in the palace.

AFAMEFUNA: are you   deaf, I asked you a simple question, who the hell are you.

GUARD: forgive me my prince, I am Nnamdi, your personal men servant, your father assign me to you even before your arrival.

AFAMEFUNA: okey, so what are you doing here.

NNAMDI : I came to wake you up my prince so you can dress on time to meet up with the royal breakfast.

(Pause)

Is this guy being serious, he disturbed my sleep because of some stupid breakfast, I just stared at him not knowing what to say to him, I was really upset that if I had my way I would have slapped the foolishness out of him, wait, let me rephrase that statement of course I have my way but hey am not a rude prince, hahahahahahah, where were we, oh okey

(Start)

AFAMEFUNA : I am going to tell you my rules if you are going to be on the same page with me as my personal servant, rules number one, never ever ever in your life wake me up when ever am sleeping, do we have an agreement.

I could see the confusion in his eyes, and I know he was trying to sink in what I just told him.

NNAMDI : I will try my prince.

AFAMEFUNA: Good, now you can now go while I continue with my sleep.

I turned to the other side of the bed backing him, I was hoping to hear his footsteps fading away but I waited but still didn't hear anything, I turned back and to my surprise i behold him still standing there unmoved.

AFAMEFUNA : didn't you hear my last statement.

NNAMDI : Am sorry my prince but it is a tradition that all royal families are to meet at the royal dinner table for their breakfast.

AFAMEFUNA : Really.

NNAMDI: yes my prince.

Wow, I was so surprise in hearing this, well in as much as I love my sleep I won't want to start breaking rules on my first morning in the palace.

AFAMEFUNA: okey, lets do it this way, I am going to sleep for let me say thirty minutes and then you can come back to wake me up.

NNAMDI: my prince, you should be ready by forty five minutes, if you use thirty minutes to sleep can you use fifteen minutes to get ready.

It was more like a question. Well he was right anyway there was no way I can get ready in fifteen minutes.

AFAMEFUNA: fine, you win.

I sluggishly got up from the bed, he clapped his hands twice and the door was open and three men servant dress same way as Nnamdi the only difference is that Nnamdi black cap has a white cloth round it, they were all holding different things in their hand, clothes, beads, shoes and some I couldn't see clearly.

NNAMDI : those are your clothes, my prince, when you are done with your bath they will help you with dress up.

I nodded in agreement and headed to the bathroom.

AMARACHI POV

I and chiamaka went to fetch water as usual, there were alot of people there because most of them didn't come yesterday because of the arrival of the prince, I did fetch a lot of water yesterday but I only came to replaced the ones I used in washing my clothes, we waited for almost an hour before it got to our turn, I thanked my God when we succeeded in fetching our water and headed on our way, Ada and her serpents didn't come today well my luck, wasn't ready to see her again not after the promise I made to my mum.

CHIAMAKA : you really missed a lot yesterday at the palace.

Chiamaka brought me out of my thought, she sounded happy saying it.

AMARACHI: Really, what did I miss, is it the ugly faces of my enemies.

CHIAMAKA: ah ah, no na, thank God you said their ugly faces at least you know they are not beautiful so why will you even look at them.

We both burst into laughter, truly that was funny.

CHIAMAKA : well that isn't the fun part, there were lot of food to eat and drinks to drink, music, in short it was a great day to remember.

AMARACHI: yeah I know, I saw what my mother came home with yesterday.

CHIAMAKA: and the fun part of it was the prince, you needed to see him, God that guy is handsome.

I was surprised seeing my friend talk about a guy so excitedly, I wasn't interested in the discussion but I had to pretend I was interested not to hurt her feeling.

AMARACHI: is that so.

CHIAMAKA: God, and his smile makes me want to fly.

AMARACHI:  aaaah, Chiamaka.

CHIAMAKA: what

AMARACHI : don't tell me you are falling for the prince.

CHIAMAKA : nke a (see this one) she said I am falling, I have already fell.

AMARACHI: please don't go and put your hope up ooo, but anyway sha, God knows it all, just remember me when you become the queen.

I watched as her expression changed to a sad one.

CHIAMAKA: biko (please) let's leave that one, what will a prince finds in me anyway, when there are princesses lining up for him, I know by now the king must have even found a beautiful princess for him.

AMARACHI: oh you know, and you are here day dreaming.

CHIAMAKA: it's not bad to dream sometimes, do you know what it will means if one of us becomes the queen, Ada and her friends won't dare to try us again.

In as much as it hard to believe she is right, I have never thought of what it will means to me if I becomes the queen, I won't have to walk in the village with my head low anymore, or let me say if Chiamaka becomes the queen I know she will protect me, but who am I deceiving that kind of a prayers are not meant to be answered.

AFAMEFUNA POV

The breakfast was delicious, as I ate as much as I could that morning, I came down at the dinner on time as the men servants helped me with my clothes, it was the same attire like the ones I wore on the day of my arrival, I think will be my dressing code in all of my stay here, my mother and my father were already at the dining when I got there, I must say my mother was truly a queen to behold with her queens attire, I would have married her if she wasn't my mother, my father too wasn't looking bad.

After having my breakfast I went back to my room to rest, I was still very tired after yesterday merriment, I woke up later in the afternoon, the room was becoming boring for me so I decided to go out, I saw Nnamdi standing at my door, don't this guys rest, I didn't have time to question him after all he is only doing his job, I asked after my mum and he took me to her, I used that opportunity to admire the palace, so all this will become mine someday, I saw my mother sitting down at the garden, six maids all dress in white gown was with her, some were massaging her shoulder while some her legs, and some fanning her, they were all singing a beautiful igbo song and I know it pleases my mother because she was enjoying it, I walk up to her smiling, immediately the maids saw me they stopped what they were doing and bow on their knees to greet me, I responded to their greeting.

LOLO AGBONMA: you finally came out of your room.

AFAMEFUNA : I was bored.

LOLO AGBONMA: I know, sit.

I sat just close to her, there was a jug and glass of juice on the stool in her left side.

LOLO AGBONMA: leave us.

And immediately they all left leaving just me and my mother.

AFAMEFUNA: mum I've been wondering, what is it with the different colors of attires with the servants, it's getting confusing, what's with the white, purple and yellow dresses.

LOLO AGBONMA : you are not the first person to be confused over this, but you see the different colors of attire are to differentiate the role they are playing in the palace.

AFAMEFUNA: I still don't get.

LOLO AGBONMA: now listen, the ones putting on yellow attires are the ones in charge of the outer palace, the surroundings, making sure everything is in place, and then the one wearing purple attires are the ones in charge of the inner palace, they also help the chef in preparing the meals, then the one on white attire, those are the personal servants, they takes care of the royal families needs, they alone have the right to serve the food like you saw earlier, they alone have access to the inner chambers.

I was really amazed with the way everything was organized in the palace.

AFAMEFUNA: wow.

LOLO AGBONMA: and the last one the ones on black attires.

I was surprised to hear this because I haven't seen any servant with black attire.

LOLO AGBONMA : don't tell me you haven't seen they.

AFAMEFUNA : no, I haven't.

LOLO AGBONMA: there were among those that came to pick you at the airport.

I tried to recall if I saw them then I remembered something.

AFAMEFUNA: I think I have, the guard that was sitting in front of the passers seat on my way to the palace, I didn't see clearly but I think he was putting on black.

LOLO AGBONMA: exactly.

AFAMEFUNA : ohhh, what are their duties.

LOLO AGBONMA: they are the securities, they are the only ones allowed to hold weapons in the palace, they safeguard the royal families, always remember to take two of them with you where ever you are going okey.

AFAMEFUNA: of course.

LOLO AGBONMA: Good, and each of this groups has a leader, Nnamdi is the leader of the personal men servants your father assigned to you.

AFAMEFUNA: oh I see, that's why his cap is different.

LOLO AGBONMA: yes

AFAMEFUNA: wow, interesting, I.......

I was yet to complete my sentence when I heard a female voice throwing greetings to my mother.

To be continued..

2 Likes

Re: My Village Prince And I by skubido(m): 10:52pm On Oct 09, 2018
OP is been a while ooo, Hope all is well?

Tanks to the update
Re: My Village Prince And I by Viciyoung(m): 6:29am On Oct 22, 2018
sequence 7
Continues..
Continues from Afamefuna pov
I turned to see a light chocolate girl standing with a smiling face, she had a light makeup on, her gown resting a little above her knees, she had a good body structure I must confess.
GIRL : Good afternoon my prince.
AFAMEFUNA : Good afternoon to you too.
She was all smiling and starring at me, well I know that look, my good look always attract ladies to me and this one just seems to fall for my charms.
LOLO AGBONMA: Ada what are you doing in the palace today, did you come with your father.
ADA : No my queen, my mother sent me to you.
LOLO AGBONMA: hope all is well.
ADA : yes my queen, she asked me to bring this for you.
She brought a small black bag.
ADA : she said its the jewel she promised to buy for you.
LOLO AGBONMA: oh, that's very sweet of her, I really appreciate this.
My mother signal to one of her personal maid that came running, the maid took the bag from the girl and left, even as she was talking to my mother her eyes were still all over me.
LOLO AGBONMA: tell her that I will come visiting soon, I have something important to discuss with her.
ADA: okey my queen, I will deliver the message.
LOLO AGBONMA : thank you, and before I forget, Afam.
I raised up my head to look at my mother.
AFAMEFUNA: yes mum.
LOLO AGBONMA: this is Ada, the only daughter of Mazi Amadi, he is one of the chiefs and your father child hood friend, isn't she beautiful.
AFAMEFUNA: of course she is, nice meeting you.
She laughed shyly.
ADA: thank you my prince, I will take my leave now my queen.
LOLO AGBONMA: no problem you take care of yourself.
ADA: I will my queen.
She looked at me one more time and walked away, I bet she was trying to get my attention with the way she walks.
AFAMEFUNA : mother, why do I have this feeling that you are trying to hook me up with that girl.
LOLO AGBONMA: oh come off it, why will you say that, you are the future king of Amucha kingdom, you are free to choose any woman you want, so why will I hook you up with anyone.
She said taking a zip from her drink. In as much as she was hiding her intention from me I knew it was a matter of time before she let it out, and I will laugh at her face when she finally does.
AMARACHI POV
It was a hot afternoon, my mother was not at home because she had gone to the women's meeting, so I was home alone, I was sitting outside because inside was very hot so having fresh air outside wasn't a bad idea for me, I was reading my bible, just felt like to go into the word of God, I heard someone called my name from afar, I raised my head to see Chiamaka runing to me, I too got up in shock as she approached me.
AMARACHI: Chiamaka, who is chasing you.
She was breathing heavily.
AMARACHI: you are getting me scared.
She caught her breath starring at me like I have lost my mind, she burst into an uncontrollable laughter, this got me annoyed.
AMARACHI: Chiamaka, what is all this, do you know you almost got me an heart attack.
CHIAMAKA: sorry but you needed to see your face.
She continue laughing, I sat down ignoring her.
CHIAMAKA: sorry ooo, didn't mean to scare you.
She said taking another chair and sat down.
AMARACHI: I wonder what made you ran into my house like that.
I was still angry with her and she knows this.
CHIAMAKA: am sorry na, haven't I apologize I promise not to do it again, so am I forgiven.
AMARACHI: fine, I have heard you.
CHIAMAKA: mama must have gone to the women's meeting abi.
AMARACHI: yes
CHIAMAKA: even my mother, so ask me why I was running.
AMARACHI: okay, why were you running.
CHIAMAKA: you are not even interested in the gist I brought to you.
AMARACHI: Chiamaka, I am interested please tell me na.
CHIAMAKA: I was coming from my house and I came across Chi Chi.
AMARACHI: Chi Chi, the village gossiper.
CHIAMAKA: yes she was talking with so group of girls so I decided to join their discussion at least to hear the latest news, guess what I heard.
AMARACHI: what.
CHIAMAKA : I heard that Ada is going to be the future queen of this land.
AMARACHI: Chiamaka, chiamaka, and you believed such lies
CHIAMAKA: this is no lie ooo, you know that it very difficult for ChiChi information to turn into lie or just gossip.
I was downcast, Chiamaka is right about that, ChiChi is known for breaking the latest news in Amucha village, what will i do if that comes to pass, what will become of me, i jerk out of my thought at the touch of Chiamaka.
CHIAMAKA: are you okay.
AMARACHI: you know am not, what if its true.
CHIAMAKA: it might not be, I mean who will want to marry such an arrogant brat.
I know she was trying to cheer me up seeing that I was scared, but it wasn't working. She held my hands looking into my eyes.
CHIAMAKA: don't worry we will undertake three days fasting and prayers okey.
She said with a smile which I returned, I pray in my mind this news is false and all this was just some gossip talk.
AFAMEFUNA POV
it has been five days that I have been in Amucha village and I haven't done anything fun and this was becoming boring to me, I was in my room playing games as usual but I wasn't enjoying it, I needed something more fun to do, what if I take a stroll round the village that won't be bad, I called Nnamdi who I know will be at my door and just as I expected he immediately came inside my room.
NNAMDI: my prince you called me.
AFAMEFUNA: yes I did.
NNAMDI: what do you need my prince.
AFAMEFUNA: I feel bore, I have been in this palace for like five days without doing nothing, I need something entertaining, do you have somewhere you can take me to.
NNAMDI: my prince there are lots of entertaining places but not befitting for you my prince.
AFAMEFUNA: oh, is that also another tradition, okey what about strolling.
NNAMDI: that will be better my prince.
AFAMEFUNA : then strolling it is.
I said getting up.
NNAMDI: let me call the men servants to come dress you up.
AFAMEFUNA: oh ok.
He called the men servants, they came in after a few minutes with another set of clothes and they did their job, I wasn't allowed to go without the guards and some men servants, I gave up after trying to convince my dad to see reasons with me.
The Village wasn't that bad, each place we pass Nnamdi was there to explain some things consigning it, Nnamdi was sitting at the front passenger seat and Ofcourse the driver, there was another car at our back which the guards were, I was enjoying myself at least it better then staying in the palace, all of a sudden I feel pressed, I tried to hold it but it won't just agree to my terms.
AFAMEFUNA: Nnamdi.
NNAMDI: yes my prince.
AFAMEFUNA: I need to use the bathroom.
I could see the confusion in his face.
NNAMDI: but my prince we are in the middle of the road and there is no bathroom here.
He was right, we were still driving but I just can't hold it any longer, I looked at my side and saw that we were in a bushy area that will do.
AFAMEFUNA: stop the car.
NNAMDI: my prince.
AFAMEFUNA: I said stop the car, I want to use the bush or is it also forbidden.
NNAMDI: no my prince, but...
AFAMEFUNA: just stop the goddamn car.
I was becoming inpatient, the driver stopped the car and I came down not minding Nnamdi, I walk towards the bush and Nnamdi followed me.
AFAMEFUNA: what are you doing, don't tell me you are coming with me, do I look like I need a babysitter.
NNAMDI: but my prince this is a lonely place, it might be dangerous for you.
AFAMEFUNA: were you with me back in the US.
NNAMDI: no butt..
AFAMEFUNA: then not a word from you, wait me here.
I said and walked inside the bush so I could look for a suitable place to do my business, I was done playing nice, that Nnamdi won't just let me, he will be following around as if our lives are bond together, I saw a suitable place away from people eyes and I did my business there, I just finished with what ever I came to do, as I turn to leave I heard a beautiful voice singing an Igbo song, the voice got my attention that as I listen to it my heart found peace, I might not know the full meaning of the song but I could tell it was a sorrowful song, I must know who have this melody that is able to calm the trouble heart, just then I began to trace where the song was coming from.
To be continued..

1 Like

Re: My Village Prince And I by DemiKOL(f): 10:31am On Oct 22, 2018
Thanks for the update viciyoung. Make the update more frequent.
Re: My Village Prince And I by skubido(m): 12:36pm On Oct 22, 2018
Nice wan..

OP plz when should we expect the next update?
Re: My Village Prince And I by crossfm: 3:42pm On Oct 22, 2018
Great story and diction,but slow in update. More wisdom to your pen.
Re: My Village Prince And I by boomssey(f): 11:08am On Oct 23, 2018
Nah! I don't like where u have stopped pls come and update. Ur doing great
Re: My Village Prince And I by Viciyoung(m): 10:58pm On Oct 29, 2018
MY VILLAGE PRINCE AND I Sequence 8
AMARACHI POV
Ever since Chiamaka gave me that news my heart has been heavy, I found myself thinking about it too much, so today I decided to do something that will take my mind of it, I decided to go to bushes around the village to set traps, I had learnt from my father how to set traps, I just finished setting the last one when I decided to sit down to rest, that was when all the memories of my father came rushing down, I couldn't hold my tear as I allowed it flow, I began to sang a song that will help my heavy heart.
AFAMEFUNA POV
I followed the voice deep into the bush, just when I had given up hope of finding the singer that's when I saw her, she was sitting down on the ground, her skin shining like the morning sun, I couldn't see her face but I knew she must be a beauty, my curiosity took the better part of me and I moved closer so I could see her face, just like she knew I was there she got up immediately facing me with the those beautiful eyes, I was stun to say a word, I love it better just starring at her.
Reality drew on me that I have been starring for too long without saying a word, I wanted to opened my mouth but no words came out, there were tear in her eyes which meant only one thing and that minute I so wanted to take her into my arms and console her.
AFAMEFUNA: why are you crying.
She starred at me without saying anything, I tried to move closer to her but she moved backward, it was hard to tell if she was scared because her face was emotionless.
AFAMEFUNA: am a friend, you don't have to be afraid of me.
AMARACHI: what makes you think I am afraid of you.
Her outburst got me surprise, this sure is one hell of a brave girl and I like brave.
AFAMEFUNA: so why the silence.
AMARACHI: I am only wondering what a stranger will be doing inside the bush all alone.
AFAMEFUNA : why do you think I am a stranger.
AMARACHI: isn't it obvious, your skin seem soft even from afar, your clothes looks expensive, and your ascent doesn't show you are from this village, are you a visitor here.
I was just starring at her because she will be the first person that didn't recognize who I am and I love it because I got to have a real conversation without any formality to it, I had to come out with a smooth lie.
AFAMEFUNA: yes, you are correct I am a visitor in Amucha village.
AMARACHI: and it's really rear to see a visitor in a royal attire.
I knew I was in for it but I wasn't ready to give up I needed to think first before she seen through my lies.
AMARACHI: or are you from the royal family.
AFAMEFUNA: yes, no, I mean not really.
I hate myself now, can't believe I am stammering.
AMARACHI: which please.
AFAMEFUNA: I am a servants to the royal family, am the personal servants to the prince.
I could see the surprise in her face and I knew she was buying my story.
AFAMEFUNA: about my ascent it because I was with him when he was in the US.
AMARACHI: I have to go now.
I was surprised, why will she want to leave, she meant to turn but I quickly stood in front of her blocking her path.
AFAMEFUNA: come on, I just told you who I am and you are leaving, did I say something wrong, am sorry if I did.
AMARACHI: why will you apologize to me when you have done nothing wrong.
AFAMEFUNA : I don't know.
All of a sudden she gave a light laugh, she looks more beautiful when she laughed, I smile at my thought.
AMARACHI: well you didn't offend me, I just needed to go that all.
AFAMEFUNA : okey can you at least tell me your name, my name is Nnamdi and you are.
I said stretching out my hand for an handshake, she looked confused for sometime then she took my hand for an handshake, the electricity I felt that moment was something I can't explain and I knew she felt same way, she quickly redraw her hand.
AMARACHI: I really need to get going.
She walked pass me.
AFAMEFUNA: can you at least tell me your name.
She stopped not looking at me.
AMARACHI : Amarachi, the unclean one.
Saying this she took to her heels.
AFAMEFUNA: wait, what do you mean by that.
I was actually talking to myself because she was already gone.
AMARACHI POV
I got home and slept off because I was very tired, when I woke up it was already evening so I got up to make dinner, mama was already in the kitchen as I joined her, she was preparing groundnut soup as I took the vegetable leaves and started to punk them one at a time.
My mind went to the event that had happened some hours ago at the bush when I went to set my trap, I was crying thinking about my father when I felt the present of someone close to me, I quickly got up out of fear that died immediately I saw the stranger face, I don't know but I felt this peace of mind around him which was rear, his eyes were compared to nothing I have ever seen, even his voice, God the way he talk was something else, he told me his name was Nnamdi, I so wish I could see him again, I felt the warm hand of my mother on my hands, this brought me out of my thought, there was a smile on her face.
NNEKA : what is making you smile this way or should I say who.
AMARACHI: mama am not smiling, you are the one smiling not me.
NNEKA: I have been watching you for some minutes now and all you have been doing was looking into space and smiling, is there something you want to tell me.
I shyly looked down, I knew I can't lie to her and can't tell her the truth either.
NNEKA: tell me is he handsome.
AMARACHI: mama
She laughed so hard, I was surprised how she could tell .
NNEKA : this was just the way I felt the first day I met my husband your father, blushing.
AMARACHI: mama am not blushing.
I said with a frown
NNEKA: of course you are, look at your cheeks
I used my hands to cover my face as I felt embarrass.
NNEKA: it alright to feel this way, you are no longer a kid, some day a man will come and take you away from this house but it should be a good man and that is my greatest prayer for you, I won't ask you anything for now but just know that when ever you are ready to talk am always here.
I nodded in agreement.
NNEKA: now finish that quickly the soup is almost done.
I immediately continue with what I was doing with the vegetable leaves.
To be continued..

2 Likes

Re: My Village Prince And I by DemiKOL(f): 12:58pm On Oct 30, 2018
Thanks for the update!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Governor's Son And I / FIRE AND ICE (the Billionaire's Toy) / Forgiven By Glowingscenes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 247
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.