Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,598 members, 7,820,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Russian Military Plane With 14 On Board Disappears During Israeli Strikes On Syr - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russian Military Plane With 14 On Board Disappears During Israeli Strikes On Syr (30330 Views)

Iran’s Guards Pull Top Officers From Syria After Israeli Strikes / US Believes Missile Inside Russia Likely Shot Down Plane With Prigozhin / Russian Missile Strikes On Kharkiv Central Freedom Square, Residential District (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russian Military Plane With 14 On Board Disappears During Israeli Strikes On Syr by bizzibodi(m): 4:09pm On Sep 18, 2018
hotwax:

It shows SU300 is not intelligent enough to identify foe planes. That system will suffer from US spirit bomber.

Remember the same SU300 downed a civilian plane in Ukraine? Russian and Chinese technologies always fail.
That spy plane is not fast & manouverable enough to flee from a heat-seeking SAM path.

1 Like

Re: Russian Military Plane With 14 On Board Disappears During Israeli Strikes On Syr by Cyriloha(m): 4:18pm On Sep 18, 2018
Glink2018:
Folks,

Russian has larger population of jews, Orthodox Churches and Muslim.

They can do anything that will affect the Isreal.

Can't
Re: Russian Military Plane With 14 On Board Disappears During Israeli Strikes On Syr by capitalzero: 4:33pm On Sep 18, 2018
illitrate:
A Russian military Il-20 aircraft with 14 service members on board went off the radars during an attack by four Israeli jets on Syria’s Latakia province, the Russian Defense Ministry said.

Air traffic controllers at the Khmeimim Air Base “lost contact” with the aircraft on Monday evening, during the attack of Israeli F-16 fighters on Latakia, said the MOD. The plane was 35 kilometers off the coast of Syria when it vanished.

Fourteen people were on board the plane at the time of the disappearance. A search and rescue mission is underway.

The Ilyushin 20 (IL-20) surveillance turboprop plane is an Electronic Intelligence (ELINT) platform, equipped with a wide range of antennas, infrared and optical sensors. The aircraft's SLAR (Side-Looking Airborne Radar) and the plane's satellite link allows the Russian military to monitor Syrian skies in real time.

An hour-long attack on Latakia began around 10 pm local time, and targeted a power station as well as two facilities belonging to the Syrian military. Syrian officials said the attack was “foreign” and came “from the sea,” but could not initially confirm rumors that Israel was behind it. Seven people were injured in the attack, according to Syrian officials.

While the Russian military said it recorded four F-16 Israeli jets over Syria at the time of the attack on Latakia, the IDF has refused to comment on the report.
Read more
© Sergey Guneev Putin & Erdogan agree Idlib buffer zone to avert new Syria crisis

Despite the fact that Israel rarely acknowledges striking specific targets inside Syria, earlier this month the IDF admitted to hitting at least 202 “Iranian targets” in the country. Overall, Israel has launched 792 bombs and missiles at Syria since 2017, arguing the strikes were necessary to prevent Iran from setting up bases in the country in order to stage attacks against the Jewish state.

As Israel continues to claim the right to intrude into Syria, despite repeated condemnations from Damascus, Franc

oin the US-led campaign to strike Syria again if there are reports of chemical weapons use.

Over the last few weeks, Moscow has been beating drums about the false-flag chemical attack that is being prepared by the notorious White Helmets and jihadists in Idlib province in order to frame government forces. Such a provocation, the Russian military argues, will be used to trigger a US-led attack against Damascus.

The attack on Latakia came just hours after Russia and Turkey negotiated a partial demilitarization of the Idlib province, which is the last remaining stronghold of anti-government militants, including the Al-Qaeda affiliate Hayat Tahrir al-Sham (also known as the Jabhat Al-Nusra).

https://www.rt.com/news/438673-russian-il20-disappears-radars/
sorry Russia!!! collateral damage.
Re: Russian Military Plane With 14 On Board Disappears During Israeli Strikes On Syr by bizzibodi(m): 4:38pm On Sep 18, 2018
dermmy:

Which one be SU300 again? Una don dey manufacture weapons for Russia with mouth? Na S-300 sha
He!he!!no b S-200 I read?
Re: Russian Military Plane With 14 On Board Disappears During Israeli Strikes On Syr by troublemakea(m): 4:41pm On Sep 18, 2018
WaywardSon:
false. Any powerful country can decimate Israel. They are just on America's leash and barking.

unfortunately for you US can't do without Israel's intelligence and wisdom in making military hardwares and technology....so get ur facts right bro

1 Like

Re: Russian Military Plane With 14 On Board Disappears During Israeli Strikes On Syr by troublemakea(m): 4:45pm On Sep 18, 2018
bankylan:

Read my comments very well before commenting!

You are referring to ranking based on numbers of troops, numbers of assets, and subjective opinion of a particular writer. In terms of Air prowess, Isreali airforce is the best trained . When Isreal purchase F-16S, F-22S, F-35S, they upgrade it with their own avionics to suit their needs. They are the only country in the world allowed to do such. They fight constant war, and they train daily in the Negev desert as they have their eyes on Iran and other enemies around. Yes, Russia , China, India, France have more military hardwares and trrops than them, but IDF are more prepared and well trained than them. And apart from America airforce, no other airforce is well trained like Isreali airforce. Besides, they train with the best as there are no better fighter jets than F-22 and F-35s in the world today.

In terms of technology, they are more advanced than the Russians and even the Chinees as almost 70% of things manufactured in China are patented by Isrealis.

In this recent incident, they used Russian aircraft as cover while attacking Syria. Give it to them....They are the best!!!!!

you nailed it bro....let them know o

1 Like

Re: Russian Military Plane With 14 On Board Disappears During Israeli Strikes On Syr by troublemakea(m): 4:46pm On Sep 18, 2018
lefulefu:
saw this on CNN dis morning.Russia said they will retaliate.

Lol is what Russia knows how to do jare....throw mouth only. what do u think they'd do bomb Israeli's forces?

2 Likes

Re: Russian Military Plane With 14 On Board Disappears During Israeli Strikes On Syr by troublemakea(m): 4:50pm On Sep 18, 2018
Benekruku:

Look at how you exposed how uninformed you are. US taming Russia is fiction. Go check military capabilities of Russia and get back to this page.

America with Europe combined can't even tame a Russia. Europe will vanish in less than 48hours and America will be feasted on.

America fears Russia

America fears Russia? greatest joke of the century better dont say it outside so pple dont laugh at you

do some research man and stop being an ignoramus

1 Like

Re: Russian Military Plane With 14 On Board Disappears During Israeli Strikes On Syr by Xisnin(m): 4:51pm On Sep 18, 2018
yazach:

The fear of Russia is the beginning of wisdom for Israel and America
Just as the fear of bottle-wielding Agberos is the beginning of normal people's wisdom.
It does not mean the Agbero is superior.
Re: Russian Military Plane With 14 On Board Disappears During Israeli Strikes On Syr by bizzibodi(m): 4:53pm On Sep 18, 2018
dermmy:

When people use some old religious beliefs to analyse present day realities i always laugh. If Israel can't be defeated why is Netanyahu always running to America. Why is he so obsessed with Iran having nukes. We all know the victories Israel had in the past wars were as a result of US support. Israel has been receiving military aid from America since 1965, if the israeli believes in their might then they should stand alone. We have to tell ourselves the truth Israel can't take on Russia or China as some nairalanders think. Even US won't allow it to degenerate to that level diplomatic channels would be open to avoid that. If Israel is really powerful it won't need the help of US. I still don't know how Israel wants to defeat Russia or China someone should just give me an analysis of that. That's why i hate posting comment on such topic, i just commend people who are well informed
Ha!ha!did anybody said istreal gon fight & defeat Russia/China?to what end?
Re: Russian Military Plane With 14 On Board Disappears During Israeli Strikes On Syr by troublemakea(m): 4:59pm On Sep 18, 2018
dermmy:

GOD bless u. You are well informed. I give you a big salute

if you n I are a little educated by post like this and atleast we can speak outside when there's argument about international politics

Mynd44 and lalasticlala should try pushing international scenes to FP Davido do this, linda ikeji does this, wizkid buys this Wount teach us anything and will neither add to our knowledge

if mynd44 and lalasticlala follow the comments closely even himself will learn alot. people drop points and what's happening

mynd44 and lalasticlala we're tired of irrelevant news been shifted to FP
Re: Russian Military Plane With 14 On Board Disappears During Israeli Strikes On Syr by Efewestern: 5:00pm On Sep 18, 2018
dermmy:

When people use some old religious beliefs to analyse present day realities i always laugh. If Israel can't be defeated why is Netanyahu always running to America. Why is he so obsessed with Iran having nukes. We all know the victories Israel had in the past wars were as a result of US support. Israel has been receiving military aid from America since 1965, if the israeli believes in their might then they should stand alone. We have to tell ourselves the truth Israel can't take on Russia or China as some nairalanders think. Even US won't allow it to degenerate to that level diplomatic channels would be open to avoid that. If Israel is really powerful it won't need the help of US. I still don't know how Israel wants to defeat Russia or China someone should just give me an analysis of that. That's why i hate posting comment on such topic, i just commend people who are well informed

That's the sheet we see daily here.. They are so brainwashed that they no longer apply common sense in their reasoning.

what a pity!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Military Plane With 14 On Board Disappears During Israeli Strikes On Syr by Godmann(m): 5:03pm On Sep 18, 2018
Re: Russian Military Plane With 14 On Board Disappears During Israeli Strikes On Syr by bizzibodi(m): 5:04pm On Sep 18, 2018
dermmy:

During the 6 day war of 1967 arab countries imposed oil embargo on countries supporting israel so that should tell you Israel had been winning wars with the help of some allies. Bro pls forget that GOD factor and wake up to reality. During the Yom Kippur war of 1973 Egypt was kicking israel ass with advanced soviet weaponry fire did not fall from heaven, US couldn't come in this time because they knew the arabs would impose another oil embargo. US was left with this choice either to stand aloof and allow the Arabs to defeat israel or come in to help israel and risk another oil embargo. Israel continued to suffer defeat from the hands of Egypt and Syria but it got to a point US couldn't take it anymore, US listened to the cry of the israelis and started shipping military supplies to Israel, israel was now in a better position to face the arabs but as usual the arab struck with another oil embargo that shook the world it's called 1973 oil crisis or oil shock.

Let me ask this question. Why was Israel unable to repel such attack from its enemies without the help of US. The israel i know in the bible fought her enemies without the help of any nation. Pls we are in modern times pls wake up to realities around you.
Look bro US derived thier prowess from Jewish American,so isreal & US are 1 & 1 d same.

1 Like

Re: Russian Military Plane With 14 On Board Disappears During Israeli Strikes On Syr by Efewestern: 5:06pm On Sep 18, 2018
bankylan:

It is pointless talking about Russia -Isreal conflict as the two nations currently are partners and they have mechanism in place to avoid confrontation in Syria. If for the sake of argument , we want to talk about Isreal-China or Isreal-Russia open confrontation, it is going to be destructive for both even in conventional war. While Russia and China have more military assets,and troops and maybe better logistics to move assets, Isreali seems to have better war tactics and 'GOD FACTOR'. We can only debate it, but the chance of it happening is less than 1%. None will go nuclear as no one wins a nuclear war!...Besides, Russia or China will not start a war with Isreal because of US as both will do everything possible to avoid any confrontation with ALMIGHTY AMERICA.....Over 200 Russian mercineries were killed by the US early this year, and Russia dare not retaliate.....Russia is not as powerful again after the Soviet fall....Putin as ex KGB is just trying to portray an image...But if I am to go into my Bible, there will inevitably be a time when Russia, China, Iran, and some nations will rise against Isreal.........This event will come after rapture, and it will signal the second coming of Jesus Christ.....There is an everlasting covenant upon Isreal. Open your Bible to Zephania 2 when God says GAZA shall be desolate and situate it with the current events in Gaza strip.

When they start quoting their religious book, stop reading, because everything else is trash and lacks reasoning.
Re: Russian Military Plane With 14 On Board Disappears During Israeli Strikes On Syr by WaywardSon(m): 5:07pm On Sep 18, 2018
troublemakea:

unfortunately for you US can't do without Israel's intelligence and wisdom in making military hardwares and technology....so get ur facts right bro
Israel needs USA more you wannabe zionist. Common sense should tell you Israel gets away with a lot of actions that would have attracted sanctions. Plus the free or discounted military hardware the US sends to Israel.
Re: Russian Military Plane With 14 On Board Disappears During Israeli Strikes On Syr by bizzibodi(m): 5:14pm On Sep 18, 2018
[quote author=troublemakea post=71311374]

you nailed it bro....let them know o[/quotpe]
War is about intelligence not numbers,istraeli kept teaching d world new war tactics,using Russian missile to destroy an expensive Russian spy plane while using Russian alley to commit d abomination...while d blame goes 2 syrian.....what a humiliation!

1 Like

Re: Russian Military Plane With 14 On Board Disappears During Israeli Strikes On Syr by troublemakea(m): 5:15pm On Sep 18, 2018
WaywardSon:
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided but. But. But I'm not even a Muslim. The bigot in you couldn't resist the urge to expose itself on nairaland. To clarify things man. I identify as Christian and I'm pro-western the difference between us is that I have common sense undecided

jesussss see punch line grin grin

bro easy with the guy na grin

1 Like

Re: Russian Military Plane With 14 On Board Disappears During Israeli Strikes On Syr by troublemakea(m): 5:23pm On Sep 18, 2018
dermmy:

During the 6 day war of 1967 arab countries imposed oil embargo on countries supporting israel so that should tell you Israel had been winning wars with the help of some allies. Bro pls forget that GOD factor and wake up to reality. During the Yom Kippur war of 1973 Egypt was kicking israel ass with advanced soviet weaponry fire did not fall from heaven, US couldn't come in this time because they knew the arabs would impose another oil embargo. US was left with this choice either to stand aloof and allow the Arabs to defeat israel or come in to help israel and risk another oil embargo. Israel continued to suffer defeat from the hands of Egypt and Syria but it got to a point US couldn't take it anymore, US listened to the cry of the israelis and started shipping military supplies to Israel, israel was now in a better position to face the arabs but as usual the arab struck with another oil embargo that shook the world it's called 1973 oil crisis or oil shock.

Let me ask this question. Why was Israel unable to repel such attack from its enemies without the help of US. The israel i know in the bible fought her enemies without the help of any nation. Pls we are in modern times pls wake up to realities around you.

I hope mynd44 is learning cheesy

this is what i'm talking about wisdom n we all learn

2 Likes

Re: Russian Military Plane With 14 On Board Disappears During Israeli Strikes On Syr by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 18, 2018
troublemakea:

Lol is what Russia knows how to do jare....throw mouth only. what do u think they'd do bomb Israeli's forces?
sending missile to bomb isreali forces would be a foolish decision by russia. They could retaliate by persecuting the jewish communities in russia.russia wey be baba for discriminatory antics.
Re: Russian Military Plane With 14 On Board Disappears During Israeli Strikes On Syr by troublemakea(m): 5:26pm On Sep 18, 2018
lefulefu:
sending missile to bomb isreali forces would be a foolish decision by russia. They could retaliate by persecuting the jewish communities in russia.russia wey be baba for discriminatory antics.

and you think Russia communities are not in Israel to?
Re: Russian Military Plane With 14 On Board Disappears During Israeli Strikes On Syr by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 18, 2018
troublemakea:

and you think Russia communities are not in Israel to?
i am talking about russian jews. They could re enact their discriminatory laws against them. But anyway its obvious that both parties will resolve their issue on the dialogue table.
Re: Russian Military Plane With 14 On Board Disappears During Israeli Strikes On Syr by ocelot2006(m): 5:29pm On Sep 18, 2018
troublemakea:
Russia would only wail and wail nothing more....trump is always there to give him a wink if he does anyhow

#Let_Assad_Go_now

anyway mynd44 , lalasticlala

Assad is going nowhere. and Russia knows how to make Isreal bleed. Doubt that? Then you better ask Isreali Merkava Tank crews and infantry how the duels with Kornet-armed Hesbollah militants went during the 2006 Lebanon. It wasn't fun.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Military Plane With 14 On Board Disappears During Israeli Strikes On Syr by troublemakea(m): 5:31pm On Sep 18, 2018
lefulefu:
i am talking about russian jews

Russia cant cause they'd got a better relationship with Israeli and atimes share military intel

but you just watch how everything goes under the carpet and no one hears about it again
Re: Russian Military Plane With 14 On Board Disappears During Israeli Strikes On Syr by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 18, 2018
ocelot2006:

Assad is going nowhere. and Russia knows how to make Isreal bleed. Doubt that? Then you better ask Isreali Merkava Tank crews and infantry how the duels with Kornet-armed Hesbollah militants went during the 2006 Lebanon. It wasn't fun.
the civil war is almost over sef. Idlib is the only last rebel stronghold and the syrians even came out to participate in some parlimentarian election some days ago.Assad is as strong as ever over his seat of power.if not for Russia he for hear am like ghadafi.

2 Likes

Re: Russian Military Plane With 14 On Board Disappears During Israeli Strikes On Syr by APOSTLECHUMA: 5:37pm On Sep 18, 2018
Putin has played down the whole thing, calling it a tragic accident of friendly fire from the Syrian military as they tried to take out Israeli f-16 jets that attached weapons meant to be tranferred to Hezbollah in Lebanon by Iran through Syria. UNTIL AFTER RAPTURE, THERE IS NOTHING LIKE 3RD WORLD WAR. RUSSIA CAN ONLY TALK WHILE ISRAEL CONTINUES TO HIT IRAN AND HEZBOLLAH IN SYRIA. Israelis have war running in their blood streams and wont allow any nation no matter how powerful to stand against their national security.SEVERALLY THEY HAV WARNED RUSSIA THAT THEY WILL BLOW UP WHATEVER MISSLE DEFENSE SYSTEM THEY SEND TO ASSAD. FROM THE BIBLE RUSSIA CAN ONLY ATTACK ISRAEL AFTER THE DESTRUCTION OF AL AQSA MOSQUE BY ISRAEL AND IT WILL TAKE PLACE AFTER RAPTURE. That nations that bible mentioned will join Russia in the attack are now stationed next door to Israel in Syria, are flashing red lights that the day of doom is upon humanity. OUR JOY IS THAT ISRAEL WILL DEFEAT THE WHOLE NATIONS,INCLUDING RUSSIA, CHINA AND IRAN. This is thus saith the bible,(not me) and u can ask the Arab nations that went to war against Israel 1967 and they will tell u the rest. 070 54 14 24 12

1 Like

Re: Russian Military Plane With 14 On Board Disappears During Israeli Strikes On Syr by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 18, 2018
troublemakea:

Russia cant cause they'd got a better relationship with Israeli and atimes share military intel

but you just watch how everything goes under the carpet and no one hears about it again
the isrealis is even more closer to russia than the united states. If u notice they look more up to russia as a mediator in this current crisis. Thats why i said i am very sure both isreal and russia will try to resolve this incident about this russian plane that was shot down on d table.
Re: Russian Military Plane With 14 On Board Disappears During Israeli Strikes On Syr by poseidon12: 5:50pm On Sep 18, 2018
Russia should teach Israel a lesson.
Re: Russian Military Plane With 14 On Board Disappears During Israeli Strikes On Syr by poseidon12: 5:53pm On Sep 18, 2018
seunny4lif:

What will trump do?
Attack Russia if Russia attack Israel?
First of all everybody knew something like this will happen one day.
Russia and Israel still has a strong relationships.
Russia citizens that are jews are in millions.
Russia will never attack Israel but Israel for now until the matter is resolved will not attack Iranians in Syria.
Iran will be laughing her ass out cos Russia has never got involved btw her and Israel.

Exactly. If Israel attempts another raid, Russia will bring their planes down. Russia has already reserved a right of response.
Re: Russian Military Plane With 14 On Board Disappears During Israeli Strikes On Syr by yazach: 5:54pm On Sep 18, 2018
Xisnin:

Just as the fear of bottle-wielding Agberos is the beginning of normal people's wisdom.
It does not mean the Agbero is superior.

What is this one saying
Re: Russian Military Plane With 14 On Board Disappears During Israeli Strikes On Syr by yazach: 5:56pm On Sep 18, 2018
Wakago:
who's this?

Am not sure their is any difference between you and the picture you post
Re: Russian Military Plane With 14 On Board Disappears During Israeli Strikes On Syr by ojayunited(m): 6:32pm On Sep 18, 2018
MOSCOW — Russian President Vladimir Putin confirmed Tuesday that Israel did not shoot down a Russian military reconnaisance plane with 15 people on board, saying the downing of the plane by Syrian air defenses was a “chain of tragic accidental circumstances.”
“It rather looks like a chain of tragic accidental circumstances,” Putin told reporters, rejecting any comparisons with the downing of a Russian jet by Turkey in 2015.
“An Israeli jet did not shoot down our plane,” Putin said.
The Russian defense ministry earlier Tuesday had blamed Israel for the incident and warned of reprisals.
Putin said he had signed off on the defense ministry statement. “No doubt we should seriously look into this,” Putin said, speaking at a news conference after talks with Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban.
Putin will speak with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu later in the day, Putin’s press secretary Dmitry Peskov told the TASS news agency.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

GTA 6 Hacker Sentenced To Life In Hospital Prison Until He's "No Longer A Danger / BBC Tweets That Donald Trump Was Shot & Later Apologised / Lessons From Nigeria Leave Ghanaians Confused On Election Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.