Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,235 members, 7,836,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! (10777 Views)

Keshi To Drag NFF To FIFA Court / FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! / Fashola Splashes N54.5m On Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 05, 2010
Jonathan thank you,at least the only thing that makes us celebrate or weep together in one voice is not going to suffer because of a few unpatriotic individuals.

MR. JONATHAN,why not ban INEC for not being able to hold a credible election since independence or better still ban all the miracle making pastors for not been able to heal ur boss Mr yaradua when he had brain damage grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by tempest01(m): 6:28pm On Jul 05, 2010
MeGaStReEt:

@tempest, please answer
disbanding the team what use is it?? What av we gained?? It was the NFF that needed to be disbanded. . .Why hire and sack coaches at will? The time frame given to lagerback was not Ok. To answer the original question. . . You leave the kid to stay at home 4 two years what use is it? it won't add anything, It won't change anything he'll still be a dunce. . .and it is ur gene that is in him.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by tkb417(m): 6:29pm On Jul 05, 2010
na_so:

Nigerians are just too funny. When the same people like tkb417 that simply labelled jonathan silly for his earlier action are the same people that condemn this unbanning, then it becomes easy to understand Ebenezer Obey's ketekete song.
but u have eyes oga and u can read very well

all ive posted here is either to condemn the ban or  run down the  President for hurriedly banning without consulting his number 6

so what are u saying?

ketekete ko, rakunmi ni grin grin grin
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by reubeno(m): 6:31pm On Jul 05, 2010
i think GEJ and his bunch of advisers did the right thing by rescinding on the earlier stand.
however, i will want mr. president to be more proactive in the way he handles things, Adamu and co cannot continue to run our football. NFF sacking Lulu and co shouldn't be the end of the matter, EFCC and ICPC should do their work too and if any of then is found wanting should be jailed with no option so as to serve as a lesson to others, the reason why we hv remain like a dead duck is simply because no body takes owner and responsibility especially when it comes to public office.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by tkb417(m): 6:32pm On Jul 05, 2010
tempest01:

disbanding the team what use is it?? What av we gained?? It was the NFF that needed to be disbanded. . .Why hire and sack coaches at will? The time frame given to lagerback was not Ok. To answer the original question. . . You leave the kid to stay at home 4 two years what use is it? it won't add anything, It won't change anything he'll still be a dunce. . .and it is your gene that is in him.
LOLOLOLOL

if NFF is corrupt, is that the only corrupt institution in Nigeria?
the corruption in NFF will be found in Presidency, all ministries and parastatals, armed forces, police, OPS, and even the religious houses

NFF mirrors the country Nigeria
clease 9ja first of its iniquities, then all will be well
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 05, 2010
i can see jonathan is good at snooker grin grin grin grin,this is called fluke.the guy aimed at one thing from another direction and it worked.am going to try this principle,may its substance over means grin grin grin
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by occam(m): 6:37pm On Jul 05, 2010
He blinked! The whole episode was a distraction in the frist place.  Ok Jonathan, go back to more pressing matters like your 3 or 4 point agenda.

beats me why the President was deeply invloved in the first place. Don't we have a Sports Minister to take care of stuff like this?
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by brilantio: 6:39pm On Jul 05, 2010
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by Gayigaskia(m): 6:44pm On Jul 05, 2010
This is a bad decision from GJ, Strong Leaders don't take decisions they can not sustain. by doing so Jonathan risk to be  viewed by many as a weak Leader.
Anyway it seems he did not exhausted all the possibilities prior to him deciding. and for those who are saying this was a successful strategy by GJ i say to them this was the most immature and retarded strategy i ever heard of. How can a president decides to embarrass himself in front of the world stage and claim success for it? Jonathan could have simply used his political capital to make LULU and his boys resign. I Knew from the beginning this was the wrong decision and i'am glad for the Nigerian people.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by Meldrick(m): 6:52pm On Jul 05, 2010
Gayigaskia:

This is a bad decision from GJ, Strong Leaders don't take decisions they can not sustain. by doing so Jonathan risk to be viewed by many as a weak Leader.
Anyway it seems he did not exhausted all the possibilities prior to him deciding. and for those who are saying this was a successful strategy by GJ i say to them this was the most immature and retarded strategy i ever heard of. How can a president decides to embarrass himself in front of the world stage and claim success for it? Jonathan could have simply used his political capital to make LULU and his boys resign. I Knew from the beginning this was the wrong decision and i'am glad for the Nigerian people.

True talk. I'm dissapointed in GJ but all the same for the sake of football, make we dey carry dey go.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 05, 2010
Gayigaskia:

This is a bad decision from GJ, Strong Leaders don't take decisions they can not sustain. by doing so Jonathan risk to be  viewed by many as a weak Leader.

If Jonathan did what you said, FIFA would have banned us and the condition would have been re-install Lulu or u remain banned. But because we opted out and FIFA is pulling us back, FIFA will only take into consideration the political realities in Nigeria and the will of the Nigerian people.

If FIFA want to test the still of the President let them demand for Lulu to be re-installed under this conditions let us see what will happen.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by Igwe9(m): 6:57pm On Jul 05, 2010
Human beings are insatiable damn it, sad the same people that were clamoring and shouting their head off asking; why the ban are same here calling him chicken hearted.
One thing we'd know is that Mr. president is acting based on recommendation of which could be reverted for the interest of all, now the purpose has been achieved, why not applaud him for once for his concern and humility?

na waooh! smiley
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by omar22(m): 6:57pm On Jul 05, 2010
Can someone tell me what has happened to the current administrators at the NFF?

What is the way forward,

I believe every player in the Nigerian league should go for an age test,

I know everyone is calling for Siasia but remember that the 2 tournament he succeeded at he took overage players to the competition, which is catching up on us
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by Igwe9(m): 7:03pm On Jul 05, 2010
you guys are short sighted, what happens when Govt increases the pump price of petrol and reverses it upon the request and striking action of the workers.
This is no military era, you know?
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by PastorOla1: 7:08pm On Jul 05, 2010
he is a coward!!!!!!!!
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by beewhyfocs(m): 7:23pm On Jul 05, 2010
Mission accomplished! In France the FA chairman resigned! Such parlance are rare in Nigerian polity hence GJ approach. Now they have been sacked so the action is justified!
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by Mariory(m): 7:28pm On Jul 05, 2010
tkb417:

LOLOLOLOL

if NFF is corrupt, is that the only corrupt institution in Nigeria?
the corruption in NFF will be found in Presidency, all ministries and parastatals, armed forces, police, OPS, and even the religious houses

NFF mirrors the country Nigeria
clease 9ja first of its iniquities, then all will be well

Why do we have such lazy backward thinkers in Nigeria. Is it the education system? Please explain how you would go about "cleasing 9ja first of its iniquities".
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by Bigsolo88: 7:32pm On Jul 05, 2010
Nigeria wil always be an hopeless country. Our institutions are there on strike while dt ur badluck jonathan is there ready to lavish our money on kaita, yakubu and d rest. Not his fault cos his children are studying abroad. Nigeria wil remain a developing country 4eva (amen) NB: not a curse
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by deekseen(m): 7:33pm On Jul 05, 2010
I'm so heartbroken, GEJ disappointed me. If this is the way he's going to carry on with his administration then he won't have the support of many Nigerians come 2011.

His rescinding only shows he hurriedly made decisions, or he wasn't properly advised on how to handle the issue. He took a stance and more Nigerians were happy than unhappy about it and trusted completely in his discretion. But he had to turn around. That's a major BAD.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by Igwe9(m): 7:37pm On Jul 05, 2010
Pastor Ola:

he is a coward!!!!!!!!
What does he stand to gain or loose in all these, he's only doing the wish of the people. senate voted against it and you still expect him to be at loggerheads with the people he's representing knowing fully well he's got to need their votes pretty soon.
You beat a child with one hand and call him with the other. smiley
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by Igwe9(m): 7:43pm On Jul 05, 2010
deekseen:

I'm so heartbroken, GEJ disappointed me. If this is the way he's going to carry on with his administration then he won't have the support of many Nigerians come 2011.

His rescinding only shows he hurriedly made decisions, or he wasn't properly advised on how to handle the issue. He took a stance and more Nigerians were happy than unhappy about it and trusted completely in his discretion. But he had to turn around. That's a major BAD.
if you were sincere with yourself, you wouldn't have made this statement, do you remember the last time you went to the polling boot?
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by abelian: 7:44pm On Jul 05, 2010
an nff that is listing world cup appearance as achievement, tongue tongue
check
http://www.nigeriaff.com/Newsdisplay.php?ID=320

i wouldn't be surprised if they listed kaita's red card as an achievement,
stupid people
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by truly: 7:44pm On Jul 05, 2010
Mariory:

Why do we have such lazy backward thinkers in Nigeria. Is it the education system? Please explain how you would go about "cleasing 9ja first of its iniquities".
I disagree with the notion that it is lazy or backward thinking
One can easily explain how to cleanse Nigeria
There are so many low hanging fruits!!

TBK
Anyway, over to you
I reckon that you are equal to the task
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by Acidosis(m): 7:44pm On Jul 05, 2010
What the hell is wrong with GJ
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by maxxy: 7:46pm On Jul 05, 2010
Point to note is that politics is never black and white, or  about morality and shame, and its politics we are dealing with here. Go read books such as Art of War, 48 Laws of Power, Art of Deception, etc, and you will get to understand issues of strategies and tactics that are at play here.

According to Sun Tzu, “all warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near”. In otherwords, if GJ had come out to say, “I hereby disband NFF” (which is his main intention), FIFA would immediately ban us. But by saying “I withdraw Nigeria from Int’l football for 2 yrs’ FIFA has gotten so worked up that Lulu and co’s orchestrated impeachment by NFF board now seems a non-issue. And so GJ has  achieved his original purpose without showing his hand and it would of course be an over-kill to insist on enforcing the ban.

And did someone say chicken-hearted GJ? It was Machiavelli that said the end justifies the means; not morally sound, but then sometimes it just makes sense!

Thus the highest form of generalship is to balk the enemy's plans; the next best is to prevent the junction of the enemy's forces; the next in order is to attack the enemy's army in the field; and the worst policy of all is to besiege walled cities (FIFA). - Sun Tzu (Art of War)
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by joeycrack: 7:50pm On Jul 05, 2010
Whether this is a president chickening out or orchestrating a high wired political move is a toss up and depends on who you talk to but I doubt the same people giving Jonathan the benefit of the doubt would have done the same for his predecessor?

What political mussleing got lulu out that couldn't have been applied without the threat of a ban? Couldn't the 9 people who booted him not have  done that with some other form of internal pressure? If that couldn't be done, what pressure made them kick lulu out even when it's likely they will follow suit? Did we have to create a big hoopla? Did we have to risk our president looking rash and indecisive?
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by sukkytaiwo(m): 7:59pm On Jul 05, 2010
cheesy Could this have been achieved without threatening a ban, I do not think so.If I may play Jonathan's advocate here, I totally think his strategy paid off. Two days after banning the teams, NFF suddenly sacked Lulu and his boys. This is just the beginning of more revolution to happen in the NFF.Let watch and wait for net action on the corruption in the NFF.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by Gayigaskia(m): 8:09pm On Jul 05, 2010
mikeansy:

If Jonathan did what you said, FIFA would have banned us and the condition would have been re-install Lulu or u remain banned. But because we opted out and FIFA is pulling us back, FIFA will only take into consideration the political realities in Nigeria and the will of the Nigerian people.

If FIFA want to test the still of the President let them demand for Lulu to be re-installed under this conditions let us see what will happen.

Common man just last night u were asking who the helll Blatter thinks he is, now u know who he is because someone dropped his pants infront of him
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by maxxy: 8:10pm On Jul 05, 2010
Has Lulu or even Adamu said anything since Lulu and co were removed? Greedy people! Decent people resign after such resounding failure but what did they do? Hold meeting and issue apology after spending N1B that can reconstruct Lagos-Benin road 2 times.

Cant we recall Amos Adamu from FIFA Technical Committee? Abi na wetin we go threaten this time? Hunger Strike?
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by makajibbz(m): 8:14pm On Jul 05, 2010
IDIIOT JONATHAN!!! nonsense, nothing will change!!!
mtttshhhheeeewwwww. angry
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by blacksta(m): 8:16pm On Jul 05, 2010
maxxy:

Point to note is that politics is never black and white, or  about morality and shame, and its politics we are dealing with here. Go read books such as Art of War, 48 Laws of Power, Art of Deception, etc, and you will get to understand issues of strategies and tactics that are at play here.

According to Sun Tzu, “all warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near”. In otherwords, if GJ had come out to say, “I hereby disband NFF” (which is his main intention), FIFA would immediately ban us. But by saying “I withdraw Nigeria from Int’l football for 2 yrs’ FIFA has gotten so worked up that Lulu and co’s orchestrated impeachment by NFF board now seems a non-issue. And so GJ has  achieved his original purpose without showing his hand and it would of course be an over-kill to insist on enforcing the ban.

And did someone say chicken-hearted GJ? It was Machiavelli that said the end justifies the means; not morally sound, but then sometimes it just makes sense!

Thus the highest form of generalship is to balk the enemy's plans; the next best is to prevent the junction of the enemy's forces; the next in order is to attack the enemy's army in the field; and the worst policy of all is to besiege walled cities (FIFA). - Sun Tzu (Art of War)

If the above was the thought process of GJ then i hail him  - I just wish he would apply the same to INEC, PHCN, Health, Good governance  and the rest
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reverses Ban On Super Eagles Hours To Fifa Deadline! by Irunmole(m): 8:23pm On Jul 05, 2010
A glowing example of the calibre of our so-called leaders. Spineless, incompetent, unprincipled weakling. Same as previous leaders, same usual recycled dregs and rubbish.

World Cup 2010: Nigeria 'drops team ban threat'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8790094.stm

FIFA only eye-balled him and he blinked first. All talk and no balls. I would have expected him not to be bullied and cowed into submission if the two year ban will be the much needed tonic and remedy in reversing our fast dwindling reputation and fortune in local/world football. If it's going to act as a tool for critical self-examination, wholesale re-organisation and positive way forward, so be it. The two year ban, as announced by Mr President Goodluck Jonathan, had he the guts to follow it through, to put a two year halt to the putrid stench that Lulu and his cohorts had turned Nigerian football to would have been the best panacea to our ailment and chronic loss of face, reputation, and respect in the world of football.

I cannot envisage a George W Bush of old or a strong Tony Blair reversing a well-publicised decision which, in their opinion is not in the interest of the American or British. I doubt it if they'll allow a non-governmental body to dictate and issue deadlines and ultimatums to them.

The hallmark of a strong leader is one that is able to make and take incisive decisions and stand by them, based on his principles and convictions. No so this fool who has succeeded in making a laughing stock of Nigerians, leadership wise. He is a joke. It is "Not Yet Uhuru" for football in Nigeria. With wishy-washy leaders and decisions like this, getting to our football promised-land will remain but a pipe-dream and a mirage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Uk Pool Week 26 Live Draws / Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast. What Are Your Expectations? / Alteo Pays N540 Million To Reaffirm His Commitment To Nigerian Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.