Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,953 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab (28730 Views)

Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock / International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab / The 5 Muslim Students Suspended For Wearing Hijab To School In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by dyydxx: 12:58pm On Sep 19, 2018
Olohunjedalo:
Dream on dude. It’s allowed …

Fundamental human right is not an absolute right. That you have the right to practice your religion doesn't mean you can practice it anyhow without cognizance to other factors. The same constitution states that there is to be no State religion and the character of a school can be determined by the school. A public school is a state school and they reserve the right to have their own dress code.

These things will be settled in the Supreme Court.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by Olohunjedalo(m): 12:59pm On Sep 19, 2018
Friend01:

Is the school a religious school?
Does the school belong to christains?
Why are you trying to force us to. adopt you ways when we have ours?
If it's a unity there is no one stopping form donning your religious apparel (if you INDEED) have any.
For the love of God we are not aliens.
We have being living in this country with you people since God knows when and all you do is judge us by your own standards.
Hijaab is a COMPULSORY apparel that not even Buhari or Buratai can force any Muslim drop even if they want to.
Most of these Christians are so intolerant to other religion.
But I don’t blame them . That’s what their buybull instruct them to do .

You must kill and destroy those who worship another god[exodus 22:20
Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by eyeview: 1:00pm On Sep 19, 2018
Please, if an organization has a rule or standard and you apply to join them, be ready to comply and not to come in and then wish to negate the rules.
Hijab is not part of the school uniform
Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by Olohunjedalo(m): 1:00pm On Sep 19, 2018
Righteousness89:
you don't need Insults...
If it's a Public School, then there should be no arguments
Insults? Where?
Lmao .
I know you’re following the buybull instructions.
You must kill and destroy those who worship another god[exodus 22:20]
Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by Friend01(m): 1:00pm On Sep 19, 2018
Righteousness89:
Be sensible young man..
HIJAB is not a Religion!
Hijab is a Scarf!
Hijab is used by Christians! It's used by Muslims..
What u should say Is if the school rules do not Permiy it.. stop looking for wars

You are the one looking for war.
And judging wrongly.

And sorry,you said is a scarf? lol... please, please don't make me laugh.
scarf ko, head gear ni.
If you think hijaab is what you see some of those Muslims struggling to be like you is what you call hijaab I am sorry to say you don't even know what hijaab is.

like I said, you people should stop judging us by your standard that is why you always mistake fish for foul and fouls for fish.
We are not like you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by Kdon2: 1:00pm On Sep 19, 2018
[quote author=ollah2 post=71334486]

So wearing hijab is breaking of school rules but praying and singing christian songs on ths asssmbly gronds while forcing everybody to say in jesus name are allowed and not problems. Yet Muslims are the ones forcing their faith on you. [/quote

Muslims do their own prayers too! I think religion should be ban in school altogether. Let it be limited to mosques, churches and homes only.
Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by olugbayilo6140: 1:01pm On Sep 19, 2018
s

12 Likes

Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by Basic123: 1:01pm On Sep 19, 2018
phobia2002:
The last time I saw Saudi princess she was not wearing hijab in street of US
Saudi princess is not the holy Quran!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by Olohunjedalo(m): 1:02pm On Sep 19, 2018
Kdon2:

Why are you crying like this?? Pele, o ti to... Christians are not the one insisting on hijab in schools remember?
I don’t blame you. I know you’re following the buybull instructions
Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by Basic123: 1:03pm On Sep 19, 2018
Tallesty1:
You don't expect organizations to lower their standards just to accommodate you. If your girls are forbidden to appear in publics without hijabs then it is just right that they get their own school.

Too much tolerance brings confusion, ask lobbyists. It messes things up.

their own school?

May be the government should provide a separate schools for them.If the Christians are uncomfortable seeing them in their hijabs and make Christians less Christians.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by cola: 1:06pm On Sep 19, 2018
How does a Muslim girl wearing the hijab affect the other person?
What is a school rule that contradicts the Constitution?

Muslims tolerate having to go to school and office on Fridays even though it directly affects their worship, whole Christians got Sunday all free. One can only imagine if it was the other way round, but they still turn around a make noise about Muslims not agreeing to be second rate citizens to them.

Many of these folks here are hypocritical hating bigots.

Christian nuns don't ever get told such nonsense on public spaces like this. It's only Muslim girls that are harassed by these Christian terrovangelists like this new principal woman and her ilk on this board.

NB: I acknowledge some Christians are free minded and not blinded by hate and islamaphobia - I salute them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by Tollzara(m): 1:07pm On Sep 19, 2018
cocolacec:

In the advanced countries like UK ,Sweden etc who are aethiest countries allow the use of hijab in school ,so why cant Nigeria which claims to be a religious country.
Their liberalism and political correctness is already killing them.

There is a thin line between liberalism and stupidity. Religious regilia form no part of the school uniform. Is Hijab part of the uniform? If it's not, then fück off and go to a school where it is allowed. There are many Islamic schools in the country. Why force those who don't want it to bend their rules to suit you?

If exceptions should be made for Muslims, isn't that absurd? Are they saying if the Hijab is allowed, those of us who decide to start wearing our Ifa symbols and attires on our uniforms will also be catered for? If not, why not? There can be no special rights. If there's a rule, there can be no exceptions. If there's a dress code, let it apply to everyone or no one.

As for those asking why the new principal rejects the Hijab when the school has allowed it before now, if it has been part of the school rules that no Hijabs are allowed, then blame the previous principals for being politically correct clowns with no enough balls or vaginas to enforce their own school rules. Only if otherwise - that is, if this is just a whimsical, capricious move on the part of the principal - will your queries be legitimate.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by Kdon2: 1:07pm On Sep 19, 2018
Olohunjedalo:

Most of these Christians are so intolerant to other religion.
But I don’t blame them . That’s what their buybull instruct them to do .

You must kill and destroy those who worship another god[exodus 22:20

How many times in Nigeria long history have you heard Christians killing people like the Muslims. Its simply not part of Jesus teaching unlike our brothers who feels they are special judge appointed by God to know believer from unbeliever. SMH

1 Like

Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by Eres94: 1:08pm On Sep 19, 2018
if the government is against Christian religious studies in the schools. I don't see a problem with the principal banning hijab
Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by Friend01(m): 1:09pm On Sep 19, 2018
Righteousness89:
Oga what u saying!
Institutions hv rules and Codes.... if it's against their regulations...it should not be..

You can't go to Oral Robert university in the US or CU in Nigeria and say u wanna Go against their rules...

If it's a State Government school, they hv their way.. Anything can be done.. But you can't do dt in Seninary school

If it's a state school under Nigeria constitution like they say.
one rule must give room for the other.
If the law that holds us as one country guarantees my right as a person and my religion which does not in anyway affect you I am wondering why you can't stick to the tolerance you deceptively preach.
I know what tolerance is to you, when it suits we hold hands and shouts alleluia, but when it suits me(as a Muslim) you become so pained that you want to eat me raw.
This is tolerance our dear Christian patriots wants us to accept as if slavery under our colonial masters was not enough.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by Olohunjedalo(m): 1:09pm On Sep 19, 2018
Kdon2:

How many times in Nigeria long history have you heard Christians killing people like the Muslims. Its simply not part of Jesus teaching unlike our brothers who feels they are special judge appointed by Gid to know believer from unbeliever. SMH

Are you saying that verse I quoted is not in the buybull?
Please kindly elaborate.
Thanks sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by Kdon2: 1:11pm On Sep 19, 2018
cola:
How does a Muslim girl wearing the hijab affect the other person?
What is a school rule that contradicts the Constitution?

Muslims tolerate having to go to school and office on Fridays even though it directly affects their worship, whole Christians got Sunday all free. One can only imagine if it was the other way round, but they still turn around a make noise about Muslims not agreeing to be second rate citizens to them.

Many of these folks here are hypocritical hating bigots.

Christian nuns don't ever get told such nonsense on public spaces like this. It's only Muslim girls that are harassed by these Christian terrovangelists like this new principal woman and her ilk on this board.

NB: I acknowledge some Christians are free minded and not blinded by hate and islamaphobia - I salute them.

Maybe you should join the campaign to allow the eastern region to be free from Nigeria. Those ones are unrepentantly Christian. Maybe all christian can go there to practice their religion without hibderance, same for islam
Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by Kdon2: 1:13pm On Sep 19, 2018
Olohunjedalo:

Are you saying that verse I quoted is not in the buybull?
Please kindly elaborate.
Thanks sir

Don't deviate from my question just answer it simple.
Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by Shaev7(m): 1:13pm On Sep 19, 2018
Fernandodrogba:
Allahu Akbar Fans club won't like this.
this comment is fatality o. lol. chai! hahahaha
Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by Abimbola007(m): 1:15pm On Sep 19, 2018
Some people are nothing but hypocrites! How does hijab disturb them? And some idiots are also leaving stupid comments here

1 Like

Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by ollah2: 1:18pm On Sep 19, 2018
Righteousness89:
Hijab is a Scarf... the fact it's used more by our Muslims does not change the fact that any Wonan uses it

So as a girl, if my hair is rough I should goto school like a mad girl since I can't cover it with hijab right?
Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by Kdon2: 1:19pm On Sep 19, 2018
Olohunjedalo:

I don’t blame you. I know you’re following the buybull instructions

Christian religion does not take life it gives it. It practice peace in words and action that's why they don't have killer fundamentalist nor matter how bigoted they may be. Kiss the truth.
Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by adedehinbo(m): 1:21pm On Sep 19, 2018
Tallesty1:
Wear school uniform when you're going to school and hijab when you're at home or at a religious gathering. What's difficult to understand there?
school fellowship and bibles should also be banned within the school premises,they should be more concerned about getting education not religious activities

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by ollah2: 1:22pm On Sep 19, 2018
[quote author=Kdon2 post=71334722][/quote]

They make the prayers on assembly ground spending the same minutes their christian counterparts spends?
They sing Islamic songs on the assembly ground like their Christian counterpart?

1 Like

Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by ollah2: 1:24pm On Sep 19, 2018
Kdon2:

Christian religion does not take life it gives it. It practice peace in words and action that's why they don't have killer fundamentalist nor matter how bigoted they may be. Kiss the truth.

Dojt go down the line you don't want to and I wouldn't want to derail this thread. But if you are damn sure of what you are writing, create a fresh thread and let's talk about this and watch your ass beaten like a cherokee drum

1 Like

Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by Olohunjedalo(m): 1:24pm On Sep 19, 2018
Kdon2:

Are you saying that verse I quoted is not in the buybull ?
Please kindly enlighten me more sir
Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by resurgent2019: 1:25pm On Sep 19, 2018
ollah2:

What have they forced down your throats? Hijab wearing has been effective since time immemorial and it has never affected anybody but suddenly it is a problem.

Muslims should suddenly see Friday as working day a problem and demand it should be a free day. Ofcourse you don't agree with that yet they are the ones forcing things down your throat.

I knew I would find you here. What is the problem this time

Is the school a Government or Private School?

I am really tired of this fight between Christians and muslims in this country.

If it is a private school, the students can always leave the school for another that allows hijab na.
Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by ollah2: 1:25pm On Sep 19, 2018
adedehinbo:
school fellowship and bibles should also be banned within the school premises,they should be more concerned about getting education not religious activities

Those aren't school breaking rules, It doesn't affect education. Don't you know covering your hair with hijab doesn't make you quickly assimilate like it's been said earlier and the new principal wants her students to be the best in Lagos.

Hypocrisy is a christian

1 Like

Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by Olohunjedalo(m): 1:26pm On Sep 19, 2018
Kdon2:

Don't deviate from my question just answer it simple.
Oh! The same way you didn’t shy away from my original post?
You’re very brilliant. Wow !
cheesy cheesy
Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by ike007(m): 1:26pm On Sep 19, 2018
Good. they may be hiding expo and bomb underneath after all. if u can't abide by the rules of the school, get out!!
Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by adedehinbo(m): 1:26pm On Sep 19, 2018
Kdon2:

How many times in Nigeria long history have you heard Christians killing people like the Muslims. Its simply not part of Jesus teaching unlike our brothers who feels they are special judge appointed by God to know believer from unbeliever. SMH
America who had killed millions of souls in this world is a Christian country

1 Like

Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by ollah2: 1:27pm On Sep 19, 2018
resurgent2019:

I knew I would find you here. What is the problem this time

Is the school a Government or Private School?

I am really tired of this fight between Christians and muslims in this country.

If it is a private school, the students can always leave the school for another that allows hijab na.

You asked series of questions and the answers are in the article. But instead of reading it, you were busy searching my moniker and boom quoted me like a third grader that you are

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Yusuf Ololade Faidat Of UNILORIN Clinches 19 Prizes At Convocation / 65 Internet Acronyms And Slangs You Never Knew / How 137 Kidnapped Kuriga Students Were Rescued In Zamfara - Defence HQs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.