Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,090 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab (28734 Views)

Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock / International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab / The 5 Muslim Students Suspended For Wearing Hijab To School In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by Kdon2: 2:25pm On Sep 19, 2018
Olohunjedalo:
Please engage me too cheesy cheesy

Really?? He is even better than you. You fire blanks! If you know what I mean tongue
Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by Olohunjedalo(m): 2:26pm On Sep 19, 2018
Kdon2:

Really?? He is even better than you. You fire blanks! If you know what I mean tongue
grin grin
Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by Kdon2: 2:27pm On Sep 19, 2018
Olohunjedalo:

lol, I didn’t know you lack comprehension skills too,

Ok
Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by olayinka63: 2:28pm On Sep 19, 2018
Melody25:
If they cannot keep to the school rules and regulations, the so called Islamic activists should send the girls to Iraq or Iran for their education. People should stop being stupid in the name of religion.
Don't just type rubbish, ask if the school is a public or private school. Read part of the post where it was stated that the girls have been using it more than two years before arrival of new principal. I hate people harboring hatred because the affected group is not theirs.
Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by resurgent2019: 2:29pm On Sep 19, 2018
Olohunjedalo:

Lol , security measures my foot!
I went to a Christian private primary and secondary school while growing up because of the kind of area I lived . The security measure ,media bla bla bla you typed up there is nothing but total bullshit . You’re trying too hard to justify intolerance.
Please kindly do what I asked you to do .
Just quote half of your fellow Christians going around spewing trash on the thread and paste the boldest for them . Then We good .

This is not a good response ooo and you have not been paying attention to what I have been saying: the principal was wrong on this issue.
Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by eyeview: 2:29pm On Sep 19, 2018
Fuckingmallam45:

For crying out loud, these students have been using their ijabs for so many years before the the arrival of the new principal, who came to dismantle the organization
On the contrary...
The school has been running for decades without hijab until the last two years when some people started shifting the goal post. She only wants to restore the order
Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by Olohunjedalo(m): 2:32pm On Sep 19, 2018
escodotman:
You are just exhibiting an open display of ignorance. Even a muslim would simply comprehend those issues he raised about security concerning hijab! You never addressed it at all but chose to put them under your ''foot''. Address that issue first, then, you might change the so-called intolerance perception of the people speaking against it.
Ogbeni , this is yoruba land.
Any sane person knows the intolerance you Christians exhibit is not because of fear but you’re just insecure.
All my life, there have been no record of Islamic attacks in Yorubaland. So why would anyone say he’s not comfortable with someone else wearing hijab if not out of sheer intolerance.
I know I’m wasting my time responding to your mention . Because I’m not new to this . No matter how much facts I State with series of evidences as back up . You will not yield .
You people tried this nonsense in Osun State last year and failed woefully.
Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by Olohunjedalo(m): 2:34pm On Sep 19, 2018
resurgent2019:

This is not a good response ooo and you have not been paying attention to what I have been saying: the principal was wrong on this issue.
ok
Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by DreamersVille24(m): 2:41pm On Sep 19, 2018
basty:
What religion and it's consequence will cost Nigeria would be too grave to imagine

WILL cost you say? Or has and continues to cost...

Without unity of purpose amongst a people progress will never be made.

This is so true of Nigeria and Nigeria will never progress because all the different sects will never come together in unity for the purpose of progress....

Why can't they come together you ask?

Well because the mostly chrisitan south can never trust the dominantly moslem north when it comes to sectional or regional issues.

So many religious riots and killings of Christians enmasse have occurred with anyone hardly made to pay for such heinous atrocities.

And we keep pretending all is well and every president tried to force unity down our throats without reconciling our ugly pasts.

It's deep man. Deep!
Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by resurgent2019: 2:42pm On Sep 19, 2018
Olohunjedalo:

Ogbeni , this is yoruba land.
Any sane person knows the intolerance you Christians exhibit is not because of fear but you’re just insecure.
All my life, there have been no record of Islamic attacks in Yorubaland. So why would anyone say he’s not comfortable with someone else wearing hijab if not out of sheer intolerance.
I know I’m wasting my time responding to your mention . Because I’m not new to this . No matter how much facts I State with series of evidences as back up . You will not yield .
You people tried this nonsense in Osun State last year and failed woefully.

Contrary to what you think, it’s because of security that people are scared of the hijab. However, the court has ruled for Muslims to be allowed to adorn it in public schools. The principal erred in this regard.

No need for expanding the fissures in our society. What we need is tolerance and moderation in the practice of religion.
Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by Olohunjedalo(m): 2:55pm On Sep 19, 2018
Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by Olohunjedalo(m): 2:55pm On Sep 19, 2018
resurgent2019:

Contrary to what you think, it’s because of security that people are scared of the hijab. However, the court has ruled for Muslims to be allowed to adorn it in public schools. The principal erred in this regard.

No need for expanding the fissures in our society. What we need is tolerance and moderation in the practice of religion.
Moderation?
What’s your definition of moderation sir?
/Ma?
Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by Born2Breed(f): 2:57pm On Sep 19, 2018
In the north girls must wear hijab or cover their hair even if they are Christians.

You want people to respect your religion but you don't respect others.
Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by resurgent2019: 3:03pm On Sep 19, 2018
Olohunjedalo:

Moderation?
What’s your definition of moderation sir?
/Ma?

Non extremism. If there any word like that.

We don’t want Islamic bigots who would constitute a security problem for the country later.

Every serious country takes the surveillance of its Muslim population very seriously given their proclivity to extremism and violence. China is a prime example of a serious country that watched her Muslim citizens.

This is not about hate but National security.
Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by resurgent2019: 3:05pm On Sep 19, 2018
Born2Breed:
In the north girls must wear hijab or cover their hair even if they are Christians.

Is that not forceful conversion? Why would Christian girls be forced to wear hijab? Na wa oo.

This is what Christians are scared of but when we complain, we are termed intolerant and bigoted.
Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by Olohunjedalo(m): 3:08pm On Sep 19, 2018
resurgent2019:

Non extremism. If there any word like that.

We don’t want Islamic bigots who would constitute a security problem for the country later.

Every serious country takes the surveillance of its Muslim population very seriously given their proclivity to extremism and violence. China is a prime example of a serious country that watched her Muslim citizens.

This is not about hate but National security.
Yes, you’re right .
Infact China banned Muslims just recently.
Mtchww undecided
[url]https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.pulse.ng/communities/religion/religious-persecution-china-bans-christians-from-church-id8143808.html
https://amp.pulse.ng/communities/religion/religious-persecution-chinese-govt-removes-crosses-in-church-id8125548.html
https://amp.pulse.ng/communities/religion/50-countries-where-your-faith-in-god-could-kill-you-id7845096.html[/url]
Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by kulu80(m): 3:11pm On Sep 19, 2018
if Christians are allowed to dress accordingly, the class will look like this
Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by resurgent2019: 3:11pm On Sep 19, 2018
Olohunjedalo:

Yes, you’re right .
Infact China banned Muslims just recently.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.pulse.ng/communities/religion/religious-persecution-china-bans-christians-from-church-id8143808.html

Apples and oranges. If you think your link disproves what I posited in my post, that’s your business.

I would not go and look for any link to show you that China surveils its muslim population(even though I can do it in a jiffy). You have decided in your mind that muslims are harmless even though you know the truth.

I am just trying to tell the reasons why people are scared. If Muslims had not carried out acts of terror, adherents of other religions won’t be scared of Muslims.

Enjoy the rest of your day.
Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by Olohunjedalo(m): 3:13pm On Sep 19, 2018
resurgent2019:

Is that not forceful conversion? Why would Christian girls be forced to wear hijab? Na wa oo.

This is what Christians are scared of but when we complain, we are termed intolerant and bigoted.
Born2Breed:

You are a liar !
Zinnyzee,a Nairalander lives in Sokoto state !
She is not forced to wear hijab .
What do you people gain in trying so hard to justify intolerance?
Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by Edojoma(m): 3:15pm On Sep 19, 2018
IbrahimDamola:
We yoruba muslims lament this development, we shall burn that IPOB school and set it on fire. They must respect their hosts. Insha Allahu! Amin kufayakun!

Extremist no. 1 identified
Bros calm down, it's a logical debate, e never reach to fight
Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 19, 2018
How many children of the Muslim elite have you guys seen putting on hijab, the atikus, the buharis, the indimis, are they not Muslims? Yet they are fashionistas, and some Muslim won't let us hear word because if hijab. I lost respect for ladies that wear hihab, the very day I saw one come to my work place to see a married colleague, the next thing was the guy had sex with her, right there in the office. How did we know? The security guy caught them. She only had to raise her long flowing gown, viola. And she looked so innocent on her hijab. My point is hijab doesn't make one a good muslim, so they should stop disturbing with that nonsense. Imagine how the schools will look like if pagans are allowed to attach cowries on their head too or amulet.
Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by Friend01(m): 3:32pm On Sep 19, 2018
resurgent2019:

Take it easy. Is the school in question a Government or private school?

That is the deciding factor in this case. I am really tired fighting against muslims because you people really don’t understand the fears of an average Christian about this hijab issue. I don’t think it’s about intolerance, it’s just about security.

Neither am I fighting you too.
But one thing you should know is, this matter is very clear.
Hijaab was still been used before the coming of this principal, but like a macho spurring for a fight she goes gong ho on students who hitherto have been adorning their hijaab before her coming start throwing fire and brimstone.
If there was fear or security issue before now they would have stopped these girls from wearing their hijaab, but no. Like how you trick people with your lies to spread fear and hate you claim its now a security issue when their was nine in the first place.
If this were the north I would consider your opinion, but abaa magana you know this better than I do that there is little or no security issue here and it is very clear you are the ones creating one.

let's let sleeping dogs lie and let's learn to live together.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by Edojoma(m): 3:34pm On Sep 19, 2018
cola:
How does a Muslim girl wearing the hijab affect the other person?
What is a school rule that contradicts the Constitution?

Muslims tolerate having to go to school and office on Fridays even though it directly affects their worship, whole Christians got Sunday all free. One can only imagine if it was the other way round, but they still turn around a make noise about Muslims not agreeing to be second rate citizens to them.

Many of these folks here are hypocritical hating bigots.

Christian nuns don't ever get told such nonsense on public spaces like this. It's only Muslim girls that are harassed by these Christian terrovangelists like this new principal woman and her ilk on this board.

NB: I acknowledge some Christians are free minded and not blinded by hate and islamaphobia - I salute them.

Guy,,, seriously I shame for u for dis mumu talk, Av u ever seen any nun as sec sch student ones,, in any university dey attend , are ur Muslim sisters not allowed to put on dia hijab as well?
Or has any Muslim gal been harassed for wearing hijab in a bus or in d street

Guy focus oooo,,,, don't turn dis into something else ooo
Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by famzynet: 3:36pm On Sep 19, 2018
cocolacec:

In the advanced countries like UK ,Sweden etc who are aethiest countries allow the use of hijab in school ,so why cant Nigeria which claims to be a religious country.
Their high schools don't wear uniform.
Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by Sleekfingers: 3:40pm On Sep 19, 2018
ChangeIsCostant:
Report has it that about five girls were given letter of suspension for wearing Hijab in Isolo secondary school in Lagos. This was revealed in a press statement issued by Mutiat Orolu-Balogun, the executive director of Hijab Rights Advocacy Initiative. 

This reportedly happened despite that the Court of Appeal ruled that Muslim students can wear hijab to school in Lagos.

Read below; 

No fewer than 5 girls including the Assistant Head girl were given letter of suspension for wearing Hijab in school.

The new principal Mrs JO Sadare made it clear that she would not permit the Hijab to be worn in the school, despite the fact that the students has been doing so for more than two years.

The subsisting Judgment of the Court of Appeal in the case of Asiyat Abdulkareem vs LASG stated unequivocally that to wear Hijab by students whether within or outside the school was a Fundamental Human Right entrenched in the constitution.

Mrs Sadare is asking Muslim girls to choose between their religion and getting an education! And she is infringing on the Fundamental Rights of these students.

We are employing all legal and peaceful means to uphold the rights of our children. We implore all well meaning Lagosians, Nigerians and citizens of conscience to support us.

We'll keep you updated as soon as we have more.

Thank you.

Mutiat Orolu-Balogun
Executive Director,
Hijab Rights Advocacy Initiative

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/09/muslim-girls-from-isolo-senior-secondary-school-suspended-for-wearing-hijab.html 

Nigerian media and lies. Believe Nigerian media at your risk..

1 Like

Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 19, 2018
Olohunjedalo:

You are a liar !
Zinnyzee,a Nairalander lives in Sokoto state !
She is not forced to wear hijab .
What do you people gain in trying so hard to justify intolerance?
Okay... This is actually true.

Over here, the level of religiousness is way over-board. Like they expect you to live your life the way they live theirs and they get disappointed if you choose not to.

But no one really forces anyone to put on hijab.
It's not mandatory anywhere and christian students even go to fellowships and they have places set aside for them within the school premises.

There's no oppression whatsoever on anyone.
Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by dyydxx: 3:47pm On Sep 19, 2018
zinnyzee:

Over here, the level of religiousness is way over-board. Like they expect you to live your life the way they live theirs and they get disappointed if you choose not to.

It's not mandatory anywhere and christian students even go to fellowships and they have places set aside for them within the school premises.

but sokoto state has never really been an extremist zone. they are modest in their views. The real extremist zones are the North East...Borno and Yobe and the likes. I have never heard of boko haram in sokoto side?
Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by Olohunjedalo(m): 3:50pm On Sep 19, 2018
zinnyzee:

Thank you for being truthful.
Someone is already ranting up there mentioning as many states he’s never been to as he can .
I’m done here . Lol
Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by Olohunjedalo(m): 3:53pm On Sep 19, 2018
[s]
Llizyy:
How many children of the Muslim elite have you guys seen putting on hijab, the atikus, the buharis, the indimis, are they not Muslims? Yet they are fashionistas, and some Muslim won't let us hear word because if hijab. I lost respect for ladies that wear hihab, the very day I saw one come to my work place to see a married colleague, the next thing was the guy had sex with her, right there in the office. How did we know? The security guy caught them. She only had to raise her long flowing gown, viola. And she looked so innocent on her hijab. My point is hijab doesn't make one a good muslim, so they should stop disturbing with that nonsense. Imagine how the schools will look like if pagans are allowed to attach cowries on their head too or amulet.
[/s]
Muslims does not follow teachings of “Muslim elites” or whatever you call it .
Muslims follow AlQuran Kareem and Hadiths of the prophet . Peace be upon him .
YOUR opinion does not change facts .Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 19, 2018
dyydxx:

but sokoto state has never really been an extremist zone. they are modest in their views. The real extremist zones are the North East...Borno and Yobe and the likes. I have never heard of boko haram in sokoto side?
There's never been a case of boko-haram killing in sokoto despite it's being almost at the border of Nigeria.

Sokoto peepz aren't extremists... If you leave out the Pulanis, Kyengawas and Shangawas... Sokoto peepz are really fun to be with, less tribalistic compared to the Uncindas.
Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 19, 2018
Olohunjedalo:

Thank you for being truthful.
Someone is already ranting up there mentioning as many states he’s never been to as he can .
I’m done here . Lol
Lolz... It's fine tho'

1 Like

Re: Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab by resurgent2019: 3:58pm On Sep 19, 2018
Friend01:

Neither am I fighting you too.
But one thing you should know is, this matter is very clear.
Hijaab was still been used before the coming of this principal, but like a macho spurring for a fight she goes gong ho on students who hitherto have been adorning their hijaab before her coming start throwing fire and brimstone.
If there was fear or security issue before now they would have stopped these girls from wearing their hijaab, but no. Like how you trick people with your lies to spread fear and hate you claim its now a security issue when their was nine in the first place.
If this were the north I would consider your opinion, but abaa magana you know this better than I do that there is little or no security issue here and it is very clear you are the ones creating one.

let's let sleeping dogs lie and let's learn to live together.

We are saying the same thing. The principal was wrong. But on the issue of fear by Christians, I think it is justified and there need not be a security breach before proactive steps are taken to forestall such occurrence or don’t you think so?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How 137 Kidnapped Kuriga Students Were Rescued In Zamfara - Defence HQs / 65 Internet Acronyms And Slangs You Never Knew / Video Of DSS Operatives Beating Teachers In Calabar Emerges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.