Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,203 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters (22249 Views)

Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse / Oba Of Benin's Wife, Queen Ewuare Places A Curse On Online Scammer (Pix) / Traditional Priests In Lagos Curse Men Who Attacked Oba Of Lagos Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by BrokenCock: 9:43am On Sep 20, 2018
vanbonattel:
Where's the oba to curse fulani herdsmen rampaging through Edo farms?
and our greedy leaders too... They need ti be taking these oaths because they don abuse bible weller

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by itchie: 9:43am On Sep 20, 2018
If that's what it takes then we need more of those curses

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by ike007(m): 9:44am On Sep 20, 2018
naijaboiy:

You don't curse something into existence, you have to build to develop. Get sense.
yeah right ...I m sure you read the bible let there be light the first curse of god and it was good.

you need this to start talking at all today.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by SoftP(m): 9:45am On Sep 20, 2018
ike007:
no b the same Erediauwa me been dey..abi namayo, abi ringroad or new Benin... oga cank down for side abeg. its a sheit hole
wish i could comprehend what you wrote...

Still a product of failed exposure..

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 20, 2018
Hakeem12:
bullsh*t, people actually believed this? when are we ever going to shed our crude way of thinking as a nation.

And I'm not even surprised. When people don't even know curse and blessings don't work. Only cause and effect does.

We are teaching our children to worship God while other countries are teaching their children to be gods.
We teach our children to pray for smart phones and cars, while they teach theirs to invent smart phones and cars. Then our children become adults who go to church to thank God for smart phones and cars purchased from other countries whose children have become adults who invent cars and smart phones. That's why they don't need our God because without them our God can't bless us. It is the cars and smart phones they invent that we give testimony and thank our God for in our churches. Then we go about boasting that it was pastor's prayers and anointing that gave us these stuff.
We are teaching our kids that "A" is for "Apple" and they are teaching their kids how to turn apples into other products and how to impregnate apples to give birth to beautiful bubbles.
We are still teaching our kids the botanical names of plants while they are teaching their kids how to marry mango and orange to produce man-range. They are teaching their kids coding and programming in well equipped schools while we are teaching our kids how to prophecy and speak in tongues in well equipped churches.
Our children's school drama is about how to be a pastor or imam while theirs is about how to relocate to a new planet. They boast about conquering Mars, while we boast about hearing dreams and prophecies.
We choose our leaders based on tribe and religion while they choose theirs based on the solutions these leaders bring to the table.

We are poor yet look rich but they are rich yet look poor. We are doomed if we don't change our mindset.

It's so sad
If you don't believe in God leave those who do & live your life the way it suits you... Your shallow mind tells you that only material things are blessings.
Live your life & die your die

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by ike007(m): 9:47am On Sep 20, 2018
SoftP:
wish i could comprehend what you wrote...

Still a product of failed exposure..
If you can't then zip it. you aren't exposed to the environs of Benin at all... go to work or find one.
Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by sharaawy(m): 9:49am On Sep 20, 2018
SoftP:
The beauty and strength of my great Benin kingdom.

The king who sees value in his people, not politically motivated or selfishly selective.

The Oba of Benin is divinely enthroned by God.
Unlike some social media mobile politically selected king whose subjects threw tear-gas in his palace.

Long live the King of Benin,

Oba Ghato Kpere.. Ise!!!
0vbie oba koyoo o
Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by SoftP(m): 9:51am On Sep 20, 2018
ike007:
If you can't then zip it. you aren't exposed to the environs of Benin at all... go to work or find one.
Lolz @go to work...
We are both @work here, but i'm making money from ur work. ...
#ignorance again
Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by Rubyventures: 9:52am On Sep 20, 2018
He has done a lot, he stopped the paying of community development fees to area boys

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by SoftP(m): 9:52am On Sep 20, 2018
sharaawy:
0vbie oba koyoo o
Enogie!!!
Domor Sir.
Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 20, 2018
ike007:
yeah right ...I m sure you read the bible let there be light the first curse of god and it was good.

you need this to start talking at all today.

Stop being foolish.. A curse is used to invoke evil never good. God did not curse light into existence.. He spoke it into creation. There is a big difference between invoking evil on someone & being creative.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by id4sho(m): 9:53am On Sep 20, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
And Oba of Benin cannot curse corrupt politicians
Egbon, when PDP held sway. now APC, not his fault before the send him to exile and dethrone him. Paddy paddy Govt. chop make i chop.
Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by SoftP(m): 9:55am On Sep 20, 2018
id4sho:
Wash, swear for polithiefcians na. mtchewww, d traffickers use the Benin diety to brain wash their human cargo. telling them all the fictitious spells that will happen, we really need to Emancipate our selves from mental slavery . alot of these ladies eyes clear once the get to Europe and fight their godmothers.

If the yeye OBA dynasty had powers, the British could not have used gun powdered guns to bring down one of the prestigious and powerful BENIN EMPIRE.

Imagine, predominantly Christian State.Majority of Edo people are primitive and believe in their diety. What baffles me is the countless MEN OF GOD (otobolizer) dat come from their.

Senseless post

Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by ike007(m): 9:58am On Sep 20, 2018
dairykidd:

Stop being foolish.. A curse is used to invoke evil never good. God did not curse light into existence.. He spoke it into creation. There is a big difference between invoking evil on someone & being creative.
you are as stupid as your reasoning.." and he cursed him him to speak"

it invokes things not necessarily evil. and if you the foolish one read what I apparently said why can't he curse Osho and other no good politicians? please check yourself for Alzheimers.
Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by nelronaldo(m): 10:00am On Sep 20, 2018
vanbonattel:
That's the job of your federal government. M
Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by ike007(m): 10:01am On Sep 20, 2018
SoftP:
Lolz @go to work...
We are both @work here, but i'm making money from ur work. ...
#ignorance again
How many people have you deluded with that...? you are jobless. keep on talking . when I have your time again I will reply. I curse you to get a job.
Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 20, 2018
ike007:
you are as stupid as tour reasoning.." and he cursed him him to speak" it invokes things not necessary evil. and if you the foolish one read what I apparently, I said why can't he curse the osho and other no good politicians. please check yourself for Alzheimers.
Wow.. I wish i could read what u wrote up there...
Will u be so kind to translate to English please. My google can't seem to detect the language & i think i just got a headache too undecided
Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by abbeyty(m): 10:05am On Sep 20, 2018
Hakeem12:
bullsh*t, people actually believed this? when are we ever going to shed our crude way of thinking as a nation.

And I'm not even surprised. When people don't even know curse and blessings don't work. Only cause and effect does.

We are teaching our children to worship God while other countries are teaching their children to be gods.
We teach our children to pray for smart phones and cars, while they teach theirs to invent smart phones and cars. Then our children become adults who go to church to thank God for smart phones and cars purchased from other countries whose children have become adults who invent cars and smart phones. That's why they don't need our God because without them our God can't bless us. It is the cars and smart phones they invent that we give testimony and thank our God for in our churches. Then we go about boasting that it was pastor's prayers and anointing that gave us these stuff.
We are teaching our kids that "A" is for "Apple" and they are teaching their kids how to turn apples into other products and how to impregnate apples to give birth to beautiful bubbles.
We are still teaching our kids the botanical names of plants while they are teaching their kids how to marry mango and orange to produce man-range. They are teaching their kids coding and programming in well equipped schools while we are teaching our kids how to prophecy and speak in tongues in well equipped churches.
Our children's school drama is about how to be a pastor or imam while theirs is about how to relocate to a new planet. They boast about conquering Mars, while we boast about hearing dreams and prophecies.
We choose our leaders based on tribe and religion while they choose theirs based on the solutions these leaders bring to the table.

We are poor yet look rich but they are rich yet look poor. We are doomed if we don't change our mindset.

It's so sad

I wish our leaders could think like this

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by ike007(m): 10:07am On Sep 20, 2018
dairykidd:

Wow.. I wish i went to school. then i could read what u wrote up there...
Will u be so kind to translate to English please. My google can't seem to detect the language & i think i just got a headache too undecided
I now understand...
Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 20, 2018
lakesider:
Swear for politicians abegg
ask your ooni to do that
Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by Johnboom: 10:10am On Sep 20, 2018
Hmm, Curse instead for you to empower your subject just like Aroole Oodua - Ooni of Ife is doing.
Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 20, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
And Oba of Benin cannot curse corrupt politicians
ask your ooni to do that.
Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by Nobody: 10:13am On Sep 20, 2018
Johnboom:
Hmm, Curse instead for you to empower your subject just like Aroole Oodua - Ooni of Ife is doing.
and while oni of ife was empowering his subjects, tear gas sleeped through and hit sowore? The same oni that expects Yoruba visitors to lay flat in front of him while white visitors stand tall in front of him?
Strange way of empowering your subjects.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by KrystosCJ(m): 10:14am On Sep 20, 2018
I pray that the next Oba of Benin and the entire bloodline of the kingship dynasty to succeed shall be without blemish.

Traffickers are evil people. They deserve the curse and all that follows it.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by SoftP(m): 10:15am On Sep 20, 2018
ike007:
How many people have you deluded with that...? you are jobless. keep on talking . when I have your time again I will reply. I curse you to get a job.

grin the thing pain am.

I
Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by Johnboom: 10:17am On Sep 20, 2018
prolog2:
and while oni of ife was empowering his subjects, tear gas seeped through and hit sowore? The same oni that expects Yorba visitors to lay flat in front of him while white visitors stand tall in front of him?
Strange way of empowering your subjects.
What Ooni has done in area of agriculture and empowerment alone with in few years, your so called king has not and will not be able to do it in his life time.
Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by martineverest(m): 10:18am On Sep 20, 2018
we Edo indigenes know how powerful oba is....even my small village king that's not as powerful as oba is usually obeyed whenever he makes law.

if u doubt obas powers,recall how benin was able to fight slave trade

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by Penywise(m): 10:21am On Sep 20, 2018
Can this Oba curse any politician that tries to embezzle money in Nigeria?...pls
Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by martineverest(m): 10:22am On Sep 20, 2018
vanbonattel:
obas power is limited to it's indigenes and other tribes that are under him....remember when the former oba cursed all benin kidnappers in 2010.immediately,all benin indigenes that were into kidnapping stopped while Anambra indigenes took over
Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 20, 2018
Johnboom:
What Ooni has done in area of agriculture and empowerment alone with in few years, your so called king has not and will not be able to do it in his life time.
All important country in this world have a statue of an Oba of Benin in their museum. Can you say the same about your oni? The Oba of Benin fought a war against the British in order for his kingdom to remain free. Can you say the same about the oni of ife?
Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 20, 2018
ike007:
I now know that i am a big fool...
Stop being hard on ur self mate sad
Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by omoharry(f): 10:26am On Sep 20, 2018
vanbonattel:
Fulani are not tied by blood to the Edo..so it will not work for non Edo people..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Story About River Owan In Uhonmora, Edo State / 5 Reasons Nigerian Children Are Not Speaking Their Native Language / Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.