Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,725 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing (31247 Views)

Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London / Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape / Anthony Joshua Knocks Out Alexander Povetkin To Retain World Titles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by chetmann(m): 11:27pm On Sep 20, 2018
PrecisionFx:

AJ should defeat Povtekin, He's too old @ 39 n he is even a white man. Black men are usually stronger boxers than their white counterparts
it was a white man who beat Samuel peter to pulp, a white is the only heavy weight fighter to retire undefeated (rocky Marciano) if takam went the distance with Joshua but was beaten silly by povetkin when takam was younger, then Joshua is in trouble.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by bonechamberlain(m): 11:29pm On Sep 20, 2018
PrecisionFx:

AJ should defeat Povtekin, He's too old @ 39 n he is even a white man. Black men are usually stronger boxers than their white counterparts
not when facing a Russian or any eastern European. though age is in favour of Joshua.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by chetmann(m): 11:29pm On Sep 20, 2018
Even klitchko in his prime didn't knock down povetkin but a washed up Vladimir floored Joshua. Joshua should work on his balance and cardio ,else I see a loss.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by Coldplayyy(m): 11:36pm On Sep 20, 2018
forget.. AJ go knock this guy out in 1st round grin
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by dotcomnamename: 11:36pm On Sep 20, 2018
SleakBuzzPR:
Buhari needs to be in that ring with both of them....

Make dem knock out the mofo....

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by FBS: 11:39pm On Sep 20, 2018
Watching this!
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by themonk(m): 11:39pm On Sep 20, 2018
PrecisionFx:

I have been watching your posts from the wizkid thread to this thread. All comments from you are so irrational and comes from ignorance. You don't know boxing, you talk. Everything you will open your mouth and make wild statements that are not informed. Young man, be guided.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by oshe11: 11:46pm On Sep 20, 2018
Benekruku:

His team not coming up with a good deal to face the champion. That's what it takes to be a champion.

And don't you think Wilder is another Mike Tyson, A beast with no stealth boxing tactics. Trust me, with an AJ, Wilder is a walk over. Stretch him till the end. A knock out wont happen for sure.
I really think Joshua is alil bit afraid

Wilder was a Worthy opponent and they tried with their deal....
Even agreed to fight Joshua anywhere....

**Dnt forget he is also a Champ

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by tbaba1234: 11:58pm On Sep 20, 2018
oshe11:
Joshua should go and fight Wilder....

He seems afraid

Afraid how??

Who has Wilder fought? His best fight was against an old Ortiz and he lost every round before the stoppage.

Joshua with half as many fights has beaten Klitschko, Dillian Whyte, Breazeale, Parker, etc..

The issue is not fear, it is business/money.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by tbaba1234: 11:59pm On Sep 20, 2018
Coldplayyy:
forget.. AJ go knock this guy out in 1st round grin

Povetkin is no joke. Former Olympic gold medalist. It will not be easy.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by Nobody: 12:00am On Sep 21, 2018
chetmann:
it was a white man who beat Samuel peter to pulp, a white is the only heavy weight fighter to retire undefeated (rocky Marciano) if takam went the distance with Joshua but was beaten silly by povetkin when takam was younger, then Joshua is in trouble.

Pls bros lets leave fat Samuel Peters outta dis. I never said all blacks defeat all whites in all boxing matches.

"" rocky Marciano""

He's should be lucky that he was born 100 years ago. If he met Tyson, He would have been beaten pulp silly in 60 seconds.

Povetkin destroyed takam wen he was 35, at his prime.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by Nobody: 12:00am On Sep 21, 2018
kunmiiii:

That's a very silly, immature and adolescent assertion...racial prejudice with perception has no place in boxing. Are u kid nii? which Kain small pikin talk be this??

Greatest of all times in 99.99% of all sports are blacks.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by tbaba1234: 12:02am On Sep 21, 2018
Benekruku:

His team not coming up with a good deal to face the champion. That's what it takes to be a champion.

And don't you think Wilder is another Mike Tyson, A beast with no stealth boxing tactics. Trust me, with an AJ, Wilder is a walk over. Stretch him till the end. A knock out wont happen for sure.

Wilder has already been offered his biggest career pay day for the fight. They are simply holding out for more money.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by Nobody: 12:03am On Sep 21, 2018
bonechamberlain:
not when facing a Russian or any eastern European. though age is in favour of Joshua.
Eastern Europeans are the strongest Caucasians ever. but he's 39, not so young to fight someone who is 28. AJ is also 4 or 5 inches taller than him.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by Nobody: 12:04am On Sep 21, 2018
themonk:

I have been watching your posts from the wizkid thread to this thread. All comments from you are so irrational and comes from ignorance. You don't know boxing, you talk. Everything you will open your mouth and make wild statements that are not informed. Young man, be guided.
Ah, Wizkid fans n defenders grin.

only a foooOOOOoOOOOoooool can defend Wizkid. grin
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by Nobody: 12:07am On Sep 21, 2018
Benekruku:

so Tyson was a walk over! !

Wonders shall never end

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by oshe11: 12:08am On Sep 21, 2018
tbaba1234:

Afraid how??

Who has Wilder fought? His best fight was against an old Ortiz and he lost every round before the stoppage.

Joshua with half as many fights has beaten Klitschko, Dillian Whyte, Breazeale, Parker, etc..

My analysis is based on his demeanor
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by Benekruku(m): 12:10am On Sep 21, 2018
PrecisionFx:

so Tyson was a walk over! !

Wonders shall never end

And who said that?

Do you comprehend
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by tbaba1234: 12:13am On Sep 21, 2018
chetmann:
Even klitchko in his prime didn't knock down povetkin but a washed up Vladimir floored Joshua. Joshua should work on his balance and cardio ,else I see a loss.

The vladimir that fought Joshua was not washed up. In fact, that was one of his best performances in a decade. And Povetkin was knocked down against Klitschko more than once.

As regards cardio, you are correct. Joshua appears to have lost some weight suggesting that he is working on it.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by chetmann(m): 12:13am On Sep 21, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Pls bros lets leave fat Samuel Peters outta dis. I never said all blacks defeat all whites in all boxing matches.

"" rocky Marciano""

He's should be lucky that he was born 100 years ago. If he met Tyson, He would have been beaten pulp silly in 60 seconds.

Povetkin destroyed takam wen he was 35, at his prime.
also factor in the fact that there are more blacks in boxing,and poverty and homelessness drove many into that, including Floyd,ray Robinson,Frazier,Tyson etc. If whites train in fight sports they dominate. The dominance of whites in mma and freestyle and Greco roman wrestling proves that. " Marciano went 49-0 in heavy weight and not even welter like Floyd" and he defeated one of the all time greats "Joe Louis"

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by chetmann(m): 12:18am On Sep 21, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Greatest of all times in 99.99% of all sports are blacks.
big fat lie!!! Do you watch sports at all? Blacks are good in track and field and boxing that's all. They perform badly in any form of wrestling ,judo, high jump, and they fall like dominoes in mma. Blacks have upper body power but very weak legs. Check the records .
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by Nightmareo07: 1:34am On Sep 21, 2018
tbaba1234:

Afraid how??

He is afraid of wilder

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by Nightmareo07: 1:35am On Sep 21, 2018
oshe11:
I really think Joshua is alil bit afraid

Wilder was a Worthy opponent and they tried with their deal....
Even agreed to fight Joshua anywhere....

**Dnt forget he is also a Champ

He is scared , that wider guy na beast. grin

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by baddosky1: 2:07am On Sep 21, 2018
SarakiBukola:
I would advise Joshua to put a juju ring under his gloves (aluwo in Yoruba)

It didn't help Samuel Peters much vs the Klitschko brothers.

They panel-beated him cry

When someone tries to say something funny on Nairaland but they end up sounding dumb!

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by akigbemaru: 2:15am On Sep 21, 2018
tbaba1234:

Afraid how??

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by AngelicBeing: 2:18am On Sep 21, 2018
SarakiBukola:
I would advise Joshua to put a juju ring under his gloves (aluwo in Yoruba)

It didn't help Samuel Peters much vs the Klitschko brothers.

They panel-beated him cry

[img]https://media./images/ce0e3b95cafa41d4afa1cfef70621294/tenor.gif[/img]

[img]https://media./images/7980eb647283a4a1835239815fc069b6/tenor.gif[/img]
shocked

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by driand(m): 2:23am On Sep 21, 2018
rapheal5:
Can't believe this it's been 8yrs on NL first comment AM GOING TO KILL 2 FOWL 2MORO TO CELEBRATE THIS....�������
congratulations bro! Not an easy feat..

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by Dollabiz: 2:34am On Sep 21, 2018
smiley
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by Nobody: 2:55am On Sep 21, 2018
chetmann:

The same washed up Klitchko was adjudged to have put up one of the best fights of his entire carrier that night by boxing experts.

So what are you saying?

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by Nobody: 4:10am On Sep 21, 2018
we will be at wembley live to watch what happens.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by Truth234(m): 4:24am On Sep 21, 2018
chetmann:

Didn't Kevin Johnson go 12 rounds with Klitchko? What did AJ do to him? Finished him off in 2 rounds. Styles make a fight.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Rohr: "Nigerian Players Lie About Their Age, That's Why I Hardly Invite Them" / AFCON Golden Boot: How Does Ighalo Fare Compared To Previous Nigerian Winners / FIFA U-20 Women : Nigeria Score Fastest Goal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.