Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,062 members, 7,953,215 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:34 PM

Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing (31574 Views)

Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London / Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape / Anthony Joshua Knocks Out Alexander Povetkin To Retain World Titles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by femi4: 5:07am On Sep 21, 2018
rapheal5:
Can't believe this it's been 8yrs on NL first comment AM GOING TO KILL 2 FOWL 2MORO TO CELEBRATE THIS....�������
just 8yrs
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by vioment: 5:48am On Sep 21, 2018
Joshua go beat am well. My mind tells me so.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by SarakiBukola: 6:22am On Sep 21, 2018
baddosky1:

When someone tries to say something funny on Nairaland but they end up sounding dumb!

You are still sore about the pummeling you got from me.

Cry more, i enjoy it cheesy grin

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by FOWOSHERE01(m): 6:33am On Sep 21, 2018
rapheal5:
Can't believe this it's been 8yrs on NL first comment AM GOING TO KILL 2 FOWL 2MORO TO CELEBRATE THIS....�������
Sign of better things to come

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by ovieigho(m): 6:36am On Sep 21, 2018
PrecisionFx:

AJ should defeat Povtekin, He's too old @ 39 n he is even a white man. Black men are usually stronger boxers than their white counterparts
case study: vitali klitchko and samuel peters...lolz
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by Neminc: 7:00am On Sep 21, 2018
Anthony Joshua is a coward, Tyson fury has put him to shame by accepting to fight Wilder while Joshua is fighting an old, washed up, has been fighter

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by Nobody: 7:01am On Sep 21, 2018
PrecisionFx:

AJ should defeat Povtekin, He's too old @ 39 n he is even a white man. Black men are usually stronger boxers than their white counterparts
boxing has nothing to do with strenght . Klitscho destroyed many blacks

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by BluntBoy(m): 7:03am On Sep 21, 2018
SarakiBukola:
I would advise Joshua to put a juju ring under his gloves (aluwo in Yoruba)

It didn't help Samuel Peters much vs the Klitschko brothers.

They panel-beated him cry

[img]https://media./images/ce0e3b95cafa41d4afa1cfef70621294/tenor.gif[/img]

[img]https://media./images/7980eb647283a4a1835239815fc069b6/tenor.gif[/img]

Peters tried against Wladmir. He knocked Wladimir to the canvas 3 times. Peters' undoing was his lack of stamina. I wouldn't say Wladmir battered him but Vitali did.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by michoim(m): 7:07am On Sep 21, 2018
What is the Nigerian time?
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by BluntBoy(m): 7:08am On Sep 21, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Really? Have you forgotten so soon how the Klitchsko brothers dominated boxing for years? Have you forgotten what Vitali did to Samuel Peters

My brother, boxing goes beyond strength. Boxing involves a lot more like style and tactics.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by Johnosas91: 7:10am On Sep 21, 2018
I wish MY GLORIOUS ANTHONY JOSHUA DIVINE PROTECTION AND SUCCESS IN JESUS NAME AMENNNNNNNNNN ...... Aj all the way.................................
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by mexxmoney: 7:11am On Sep 21, 2018
Benekruku:

His team not coming up with a good deal to face the champion. That's what it takes to be a champion.

And don't you think Wilder is another Mike Tyson, A beast with no stealth boxing tactics. Trust me, with an AJ, Wilder is a walk over. Stretch him till the end. A knock out wont happen for sure.
There is nothing they haven't offered Joshua to fight Wilder, they even accepted his terms on fight venue and purse, so what's Joshua running from? The truth is that Joshua's team felt he wasn't ready yet for Wilder and they decided it would be better to have at least one more fight before Wilder. And Wilder is the WBC heavyweight champion!! That's the most recognized belt in boxing, the same belt won by all the greats from Ali to Lennox lewis. Isn't it funny that Tyson fury came back after two years of inactivity and agreed to even travel to the US to face Wilder while Joshua keeps shifting the goalpost and giving excuses

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by qanda: 7:21am On Sep 21, 2018
Catch the fight live on Kwese TV
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by BluntBoy(m): 7:22am On Sep 21, 2018
Coldplayyy:
forget.. AJ go knock this guy out in 1st round grin

Impossible. Povetkin may be old but he is a true boxer. Whenever I watch him, I remember Mike Tyson. AJ has nothing on this guy.

I see the match going to the judges. Povetkin's only loss was to Wladmir Klischko and it went to the judges.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by Lovelife433(m): 7:23am On Sep 21, 2018
rapheal5:
congrat
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by chetmann(m): 7:24am On Sep 21, 2018
Noel1:

The same washed up Klitchko was adjudged to have put up one of the best fights of his entire carrier that night by boxing experts.

So what are you saying?
that was based on the conflict of styles not form. An out fighter(klitschko) vs a swarmed(Joshua) very similar to ali (out fighter ) vs Frazier( swarmer) . a fight between two contrasting styles is always interesting.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by BluntBoy(m): 7:32am On Sep 21, 2018
tbaba1234:

Afraid how??

Who has Wilder fought? His best fight was against an old Ortiz and he lost every round before the stoppage.

Joshua with half as many fights has beaten Klitschko, Dillian Whyte, Breazeale, Parker, etc..

The issue is not fear, it is business/money.

This is the excuse you people keep on making.

Who has AJ himself fought? An old inactive Klischko or a Parker who had just come off an elbow surgery?

It is not like Wilder was running away from big fights. It was his potential opponents that always ended up fucking up. When he should have fought Povetkin, Povetkin tested positive to drugs. When he should have initially fought Ortiz, Ortiz failed a drug test. Wilder has never run away from a fight.

I am not saying he will beat AJ but people should stop making it seem like the man is a coward. AJ may not be afraid of Wilder but it is evident that AJ's promoter (Hearn) is afraid.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by Nobody: 7:32am On Sep 21, 2018
ovieigho:
case study: vitali klitchko and samuel peters...lolz

Pls Oga lets leave Samuel Peters outta dis Ooo. I never said all black boxers defeat all white boxers all the time.

No matter how popular or great the klitchko brothers are, They can never match up with Ali or Tyson.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by Nobody: 7:32am On Sep 21, 2018
yeyerolling:
boxing has nothing to do with strenght . Klitscho destroyed many blacks

Boxing has everything to do with strength before u count any other aspect pertaining it.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 21, 2018
vioment:
Joshua go beat am well. My mind tells me so.

Joshua should defeat him, Maybe not ""beat him well"" cuz Povetkin strong as well.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 21, 2018
BluntBoy:

Really? Have you forgotten so soon how the Klitchsko brothers dominated boxing for years? Have you forgotten what Vitali did to Samuel Peters

My brother, boxing goes beyond strength. Boxing involves a lot more like style and tactics.

strength is number a before any other thing comes to play.

The Klitchkos r very strong, but during their reign there was really no top black boxers in those years (like Tyson AJ Ali, etc). That's why they thrived well. If they met Tyson or AJ, Dem for hear am.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by Nobody: 7:38am On Sep 21, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Boxing has everything to do with strength before u count any other aspect pertaining it.
mayweather was not dat strong. But he beat guys silly with boxing IQ. Watch mayweather vs canelo. Canelo is stronger bt cud not land the killer blows. Mayweather landed and cud not no ko canelo. Bt used iq to beat him

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by chetmann(m): 7:40am On Sep 21, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Floyd was never the strongest boxer,he was just smart .Ali, ray Robinson had limited power but great technique. That's why core Africans(not African Americans) mess up in professional and armateur boxing because they lack skill and technique and are busy throwing hay makers to impress their Yoruba fans . I see that all the time on gotv fight night. Boxing is about timing,calculated offence, foot work and of course power and chin.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 21, 2018
yeyerolling:
mayweather was not dat strong. But he beat guys silly with boxing IQ. Watch mayweather vs canelo. Canelo is stronger bt cud not land the killer blows. Mayweather landed and cud not no ko canelo. Bt used iq to beat him

Mayweather is very strong...Physically.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 21, 2018
PrecisionFx:

The Klitchkos r very strong, but during their reign there was really no top black boxers in those years (like Tyson AJ Ali, etc). That's why they thrived well. If they met Tyson or AJ, Dem for hear am.
fury a white man disgraced wlad using boxing iq.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by chetmann(m): 7:44am On Sep 21, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Pls Oga lets leave Samuel Peters outta dis Ooo. I never said all black boxers defeat all white boxers all the time.

No matter how popular or great the klitchko brothers are, They can never match up with Ali or Tyson.
but their boxing stats are better?
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 21, 2018
PrecisionFx:

u no sabi boxing jare

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by BluntBoy(m): 7:46am On Sep 21, 2018
PrecisionFx:

There were no top black boxers because the Klischko brothers dominated. Stop making excuses!!!

If I went by your logic, then I should also say that blacks dominated boxing at a time when there were not top white boxers like Gerrie Coetzee, Quarry and Morrison and even the Klischko brothers.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by chetmann(m): 7:49am On Sep 21, 2018
PrecisionFx:

do you know what strong means? How do you measure power? What's his ko percentage ? How many boxers did he floor with punches? Floyd picks people apart gradually and was never known for power. He beat more powerful black boxers like Mosley, berto etc these guys were thick black men with sheer power .
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by Appswheel(m): 7:50am On Sep 21, 2018
The Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin fight would be shown Live and Exclusively (Nigeria) on Kwese TV

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by Eke40seven(m): 7:55am On Sep 21, 2018
chetmann:
big fat lie!!! Do you watch sports at all? Blacks are good in track and field and boxing that's all. They perform badly in any form of wrestling ,judo, high jump, and they fall like dominoes in mma. Blacks have upper body power but very weak legs. Check the records .
Although I don't want to go into the black Vs white bullshit, However it's not factual that blacks fall like dominoes in MMA. I assume you don't follow any MMA fight, you don't even know the current champions nor watched any. I hope you know that 3 of the 6 divisions champs in the UFC, the biggest MMA promotions are black, (the heavy weight, light heavy weight and welterweight)
Daniel Cornier, Jon Jones, Allistair Overeem, Tyrone Woodley, etc have held the division down for years..
There are many sports that are not popular amongst the black Population, they are not just into it, but when they have the opportunity to, they do well. Like in the William sisters in Tennis, although Tennis is not a "black sports".

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by BluntBoy(m): 7:55am On Sep 21, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Can you define "strength"?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Flaunts His Man Of The Match Award After World Cup Heroics (Photos) / Sunday Oliseh Survives Bomb Explosion In Dortmund / Senegal Vs Netherlands: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (0 - 2) On 21st November 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.