Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,829 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing (31235 Views)

Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London / Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape / Anthony Joshua Knocks Out Alexander Povetkin To Retain World Titles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by chetmann(m): 8:05am On Sep 22, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Oh gosh, Oga dis is simple date of birth math. 1966 - 2005 = 39 years, Pls stop typing nonsense.
yea that's true, but he did lose anyway.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 22, 2018
chetmann:
yea that's true, but he did lose anyway.

Boxers lose matches wella around age 39 40 41 42, Those are the end of their careers n thus the chances of their losses are actually high.

McBride is a nobody n will remain a nobody, He can never be compared to Tyson even in an insane planet.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by tbaba1234: 2:52pm On Sep 22, 2018
BluntBoy:

What is your prediction for tomorrow?

The odds don't favor Povetkin. Somehow, I see AJ winning by KO.

I think AJ will win but Povetkin is a tough customer. Too many people underrate him.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by robosky02(m): 4:32pm On Sep 22, 2018
Let's go there..

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by BluntBoy(m): 5:52pm On Sep 22, 2018
tbaba1234:

I think AJ will win but Povetkin is a tough customer. Too many people underrate him.

Yes, you are right. Too many people are underrating Povetkin.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by drey076(m): 6:31pm On Sep 22, 2018
where can I watch the fight live apart from sky box office
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by LordsApostle: 7:01pm On Sep 22, 2018
Ple
drey076:
a
se
Please good people, where can I watch this match I beg una, please... Where
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by LordsApostle: 7:13pm On Sep 22, 2018
BluntBoy:

It was all a mind game.

My point is that we make a lot of excuses for these guys.

Should Povetkin beat AJ tomorrow, excuses will start coming in from Hearn and his team.

I will say it again, in my opinion, AJ is not scared, but his promoter is.

Aside the brawling Whyte, every other person AJ has fought were rather passive. Wladmir was too defensive and Parker too concerned with fighting right. Wilder is the man who would give AJ some tough time because he doesn't let you come to him, he goes to meet you. No one has been able to do that to AJ, aside Whyte and aside Klischko, it is still only Whyte that had ever hurt AJ in the ring.

Tomorrow, it would be another tough fight for AJ. If he handles Povetkin well, I will give him serious chance against Wilder. Until then, he hasn't convinced me much.
piece of advice, u shouldn't really be talking when boxing pundits are, you know absolutely nothing in boxing, stop embarrassing yourself, keep quiet and learn the rudiments before you come online to lay bare your crass ignorance...
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by purplekayc(m): 7:14pm On Sep 22, 2018
Which channels are showing on dstv,gotv and star times?
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by BluntBoy(m): 7:42pm On Sep 22, 2018
LordsApostle:

piece of advice, u shouldn't really be talking when boxing pundits are, you know absolutely nothing in boxing, stop embarrassing yourself, keep quiet and learn the rudiments before you come online to lay bare your crass ignorance...

What is this one gibbering about?

What is wrong in what I wrote? I have had people counter me with points of their own. I don't have the time for empty posts like yours.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by instinctg(m): 8:15pm On Sep 22, 2018
any link to the live video stream?
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 22, 2018
LIVE UPDATE..
JOSHUA VS POVETKIN

9:00pm
Povetkin background As well as both possessing impressive professional records in the ring, Joshua and Povetkin can also boast to being Olympic champions. Povetkin at Athens 2004 and Joshua at London 2012.
Since turning pro, Povetkin has a 34-1 record. But he wasn't always keen to become a professional.
That one loss, by a unanimous decision, came against Wladimir Klitschko in October 5, 2013, incidentally the same day Joshua was making his professional debut against Emanuele Leo.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 22, 2018
9:07pm
'Top tier of boxing'
Negotiations for a unification fight between Joshua and WBC champion Deontay Wilder ended in frustration and that led to tonight's fight with the less glamorous Povetkin.
But there won't be any underestimating of the Russian from the Joshua camp, according to his trainer Rob McCracken:
“I think the boxing industry knows it’s a tough fight. Povetkin is a former world champion and Olympic champion. He’s at the top tier of boxing and one of the top three heavyweights out there. It doesn’t get any tougher than this.”
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 22, 2018
9:13pm
Tale of the tape
Many believe tonight's fight will represent Joshua's toughest test since the 11th-round stoppage of Wladimir Klitschko in April 2017.
He weighed in at almost two stone heavier than his opponent on Friday, is four inches taller and has a greater reach by seven inches.
But Povetkin has been defeated just once in his 35-bout pro career.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by nuesednutlofa: 9:29pm On Sep 22, 2018
Galadimat:
9:07pm
'Top tier of boxing'
Negotiations for a unification fight between Joshua and WBC champion Deontay Wilder ended in frustration and that led to tonight's fight with the less glamorous Povetkin.
But there won't be any underestimating of the Russian from the Joshua camp, according to his trainer Rob McCracken:
“I think the boxing industry knows it’s a tough fight. Povetkin is a former world champion and Olympic champion. He’s at the top tier of boxing and one of the top three heavyweights out there. It doesn’t get any tougher than this.”
https://sportowl./2018/09/22/jurgen-klopp-reveals-the-mistake-he-made-with-liverpool-summer-signing/
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 22, 2018
9:30pm
Joshua "too fast and too strong"
The Telegraph's chief sports writer Paul Hayward wrote earlier this week that Joshua should be allowed time to achieve world domination.
He's going for a Joshua win tonight.
Wembley for Joshua-Povetkin. Reckon Joshua will be too fast and too strong for Povetkin. pic.twitter.com/rvg0XVHtKg
— Paul Hayward (@_PaulHayward)
September 22, 2018
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by Afeezoladapo(m): 9:35pm On Sep 22, 2018
drey076:
I read that kwese TV will show it.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by Swannyo(f): 9:45pm On Sep 22, 2018
Www.wiziwig.ru you have to x all the ads and pop ups then u can watch it in 15 mins live
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by MJBOLT: 9:45pm On Sep 22, 2018
where can somebody watch this fight?DStv no show am
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by Swannyo(f): 9:48pm On Sep 22, 2018
MJBOLT:
where can somebody watch this fight?DStv no show am
Www.wiziwig.ru
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by instinctg(m): 9:50pm On Sep 22, 2018
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by 1x2x3: 9:51pm On Sep 22, 2018
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 22, 2018
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 22, 2018
6th rounds ko or 12 round UD
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 22, 2018
9;51pm
Time for the main event
Undercard done and dusted. The focus is now firmly on Joshua vs Povetkin. Strap yourself in, it's going to be good. Ring walk coming shortly.
⏳⌛️ #AJBXNG
pic.twitter.com/0CkqD4luNH
— Anthony Joshua (@anthonyfjoshua)
September 22, 2018

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by MJBOLT: 10:06pm On Sep 22, 2018
anybody know the title of the song playing just before AJ comes out
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 22, 2018
Let's get this party started
Master of ceremonies Michael Buffer is on the mic. It's mandatory challenger Alexander Povetkin who enters first. He's 'greeted' by a number of boos. He carries the hopes of a Russian nation. Can he inflict a first professional defeat on Anthony Joshua?

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by cromele: 10:15pm On Sep 22, 2018
Anthony Joshua vs Alexander Povetkin - Fights

Free live stream on my signature
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by fatpogba7(m): 10:16pm On Sep 22, 2018
MJBOLT:
anybody know the title of the song playing just before AJ comes out
How are u watching it?
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing by Gurusarenna: 10:16pm On Sep 22, 2018
LordsApostle:
Plea
se
Please good people, where can I watch this match I beg una, please... Where
download moko app from my signature..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Sha’Carri Richardson Tests Positive For Marijuana, To Miss Olympics / Juventus Plan To Erect Cristiano Ronaldo Statues So Fans Can Take Selfies / Reviews Of Ibrahim Said’s Hat-trick In FIFA U-17 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.