Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

Have You Ever Been Stranded While Traveling? Share Your Experiences. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Have You Ever Been Stranded While Traveling? Share Your Experiences. (15385 Views)

Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? / The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe / Imagine This Is Lagos And You've Been Stranded For Hours, What Would You Do(Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Traveling? Share Your Experiences. by freedomchild: 6:11am On Sep 21, 2018
mine was around 2010 while traveling to port Harcourt from Aba to write postume. I didn't know anyone then living there. After locating my center which was somewhere around borikiri, I began to wander about with my friend then.. we had no money to lodge in a hotel. The money we had was just for transport and food. I decided that we go to my own church. When we reached I explained everything to the priest and even showed him my exam papers. I also told him the name of my church branch at Aba and the name of my priest but he refused us to sleep over in the church premises claiming that they're not sure of the security of church properties with our presence. This was around 9. 30pm. I really thanked God portharcourt wasn't that bad like of recent. We continued our wandering till about 11pm. The roads were gradually deserted by people. Me and my friend summoned courage and went inside one catholic church like that(I can't remember the location) and explained everything that we're jambites and we came for exams but have no place to sleep over. Initially they refused but because of the intervention of one guy who might be a youth leader, we were ushered in and we slept on the bench. mehn, it was terribly cold in the night. The following morning, we woke up and thanked them with all our hearts. I really learnt my lessons on travelling after that day. Though I didn't do well in the exam that year but that my friend did well and got admission that same year.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Traveling? Share Your Experiences. by 1Sharon(f): 6:11am On Sep 21, 2018
Yes. Got stranded in Hackney lipsrsealed
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Traveling? Share Your Experiences. by Kharol1234: 6:15am On Sep 21, 2018
i no pray make i dae starnded for anyway sef...cus na onli God go knw wetin go happen

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Traveling? Share Your Experiences. by Talknochip(m): 6:18am On Sep 21, 2018
In 2002, i went to see an uncle in Lafia from Jos... Cell phone just came out newly and not everyone could afford it then.. So, i left Jos without any message to him that i was coming...except the letter i wrote to him few months back informing him abt my planned visit... we got to Lafia around 5pm.. I went to his office only to be told that he has been transfered to Keffi few weeks back...i decided i must go to keffi that nite.... The Journey to Keffi was a scary one!..the driver was driving at a speed of 160km/hr most part of the journey with his old 305 car...i was so scared because i was the second passenger sitting at the front sit close to the gear stick.. We arrived Keffi some few minutes past 12 midnite.. I didnt know what to do, so i decided to sleep at the park!... I paid 100 naira to the park security men for a space and a carton to lay down to sleep...i had nitemares tru out the nite..and I fought terrible blood sucking mosquitoes till day break... I eventually located my stunned uncle in the morning.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Traveling? Share Your Experiences. by topeorekoy(m): 6:22am On Sep 21, 2018
Mine was when going for NYSC. Left home a day to closure date. Got to Ibadan thinking I was gonna see Young Shall Grow. Waited till Midnight but no bus, na hin I see trailer wey dey carry pepper and I entered (don't even know where I got that liver without think that we couldn't communicate and I could have been killed).

After enduring a very cold night and with pepper all around me, the trailer broke down around noon the next day in Niger state and no one seem to understand me and couldn't tell me what to do. I stayed by the road till 3pm and eventually go a bus that took me to Kotangora where i finally got another bus to Jega (Kebbi State) around 8pm the next day.

Camp was where the real wahala came. Got stuck between two beautiful ladies. That story long.

Lemme look for my year book.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Traveling? Share Your Experiences. by Hoodbilonia: 6:45am On Sep 21, 2018
back in 2011
na my.girl for asaba send me card of 3k
wey i sell use am travel
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Traveling? Share Your Experiences. by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 6:45am On Sep 21, 2018
This happened during Benin election period 3 years ago. I was heading to Ogun for NYSC clearance from Owerri. I called my LI and told him to allow me come on Friday to do the clearance but he said I must come on that Thursday. I packed my bag on Wednesday and left early Thursday morning to Ogun. we got to Delta/Benin boundary around 10am and that was where we found out that the boundary between the 2 started had been blocked because of the election.
It was really heartless of the government but everyone heading to the Western part of the country from the East had to wait there till 6pm. When they allowed us to pass, the traffic jam the was massive. We eventually got to Ogun by past 12am. Everywhere was really dark. That's a police checkpoint at J4 Junction where I was meant to stop and I had planned to show the policemen stationed there that I was a corper so they'll let me pass the night with them. It was too dark I didn't know when we passed that junction and I didn't know anywhere around. We got to a junction and from the few structures I could see, I knew I had passed where I was meant to stop. We got to a junction and I could see a light at a shop. there were 3 people there. I asked the driver to stop me there. everyone on the bus asked me to wait till we get to Lagos so I can pass the night at d park but I refused.
They stopped there and I walked up to the people at the shop and asked a woman there if there is any hotel close by but she said the closest hotel is at ijebu ode, that I'll have to wait for a bus heading in that direction. I waited by the road for 20 minutes but no vehicle passed. I knew I had to find a place to spend the night. By this time frustration don hol me. I told myself that if that night was the day I was going to die, do be it.
I saw a Chisco transport luxury bus closeby and thanked God. I knew some buses stop to pass the night when it gets very late. atleast I would spend the night with them. I walked to the bus and knocked and a man looked out and asked who I was and I explained my predicament and showed him my NYSC ID card and he opened the door.
my happiness vanished when I entered and it turned out that the bus was abandoned, everything inside was tattered and there was 2 more men inside the bus. I was alarmed. these men might rob me here or even kill me and no one will know.
I had to think of a way out. I told one of the men that I wanted to pee. he opened the door and told me to hurry up.
I came down for the vehicle and while peeing I saw a light on a mast not far from there. Also saw a fat woman sitting outside. there was no other building closeby.
I had to think fast. I told the man that I had met the woman before I came to the bus and that she had asked me to come and inform her if I find a place to sleep.
he said no problem but I should hurry.
I walked to the woman and explained my predicament. she took pity on my and told me I could come spend the night in the small security house attached to the mast.
That was where I stayed till morning. couldn't even sleep

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Traveling? Share Your Experiences. by ephraim18(m): 6:55am On Sep 21, 2018
am here to read comments. luv ur corporation guys keep it up
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Traveling? Share Your Experiences. by Nobody: 7:01am On Sep 21, 2018
Seun suppose give us ur address make we come beat u up. So you just make me waste some minutes of my life reading this. You wicked.

Offpoint:
It was a very terrible experienced...

It was on 15 of August 2015, the day I'll live never to forget, the memory is still fresh in my head like it was just a moment ago.

I woke up that faithful fateful morning at an early hour of 5am, even though I had no or little sleep the whole night cuz there was a lot of evil thoughts going through my head that night. fear of the unknown, fear of uncertainty and lots more.

To shorten the long story*
5:30am I left home for the park, bought my bus ticket and carefully scanned through the bus for the perfect and most comforting angle to sat on. in a matter of seconds, I've detected the back seat and close to the right window side to enable me buy whatever I want to whenever the need to arises.

30 minutes later, we were in motion. where I sat there were two beautiful ladies sitting beside me, don't want to describe their beauty in words cuz that may take an entire page, but all I can say is... their beauty can make a man do things he never planned to do, it can make a man lost his sense of reasoning and can make an Ajepako tried to form an ajebutter. these girls were so beautiful for a second I thought I was sitting with angels.... this is were my predicament started, that was the genesis of the impending damnation of my journey.

.....To be continued tomorrow morning.... flat battery

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Traveling? Share Your Experiences. by Divay22(f): 7:01am On Sep 21, 2018
I love traveling but am scared of it.
So i have never embarked on a far journey that left me stranded. The comments here are even more scary and i can cry grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Traveling? Share Your Experiences. by Clevverjhay(m): 7:07am On Sep 21, 2018
All of una own better... Currently as I am typing this in Ibadan by force and not by choice.... I use to live in bayelsa... I came to ibadan since 3weeks ago to check on my cousin bro who his wife gave birth, coming here have borrowed him all the money in my account to pay for his wife operation fee in the hospital.. Now boom! I have no hope of going back to bayelsa cos he does not have money yet to pay me back... All the people owing him didn't pay him yet and he just lost his job.. U know as a man u can't just put pressure on him... U have to give him time... So there was a day a friend of mine sent me 5k to come back to bayelsa.. U won't believe that I lost that money on bike while coming from the atm... As I am typing everyone owing me doesn't wanna pay me too... This is the most worst travel experience I have ever have... I am still stranded though

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Traveling? Share Your Experiences. by B2mario(m): 7:09am On Sep 21, 2018
Chai, there is God oo. This one is corruption
Abujabir24:
When the bus arrived I boarded it and told the manager to give me transport to phc from enugu. He gave me 2k and I was happy. When we got to enugu, I entered phc bound bus. Since I had enough with me I paid for two sits and occupied the front sit. Upon reaching phc I went straight to ABC office and demanded to see the manager. I told him I was the passenger that was left behind in lokoja and he pleaded with that he was sorry bla bla bla. I told him I had no money and he gave me 3k. I was so happy. I went home and told my parents what happened they were surprised I handled

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Traveling? Share Your Experiences. by brainhgeek(m): 7:11am On Sep 21, 2018
The day I realised how much Jesus loves me. I went to Republic of Benin for a shady deal. To cut long story short, I had nothing left on me. I started wandering around but God had a plan B. He sent a friend from Nigeria to come to Republic of Benin to make a simple bank transaction he could have made in Nigeria. He himself couldn't explain what stirred his heart to come to Benin when he could have used the bank behind his house. He found me wandering and transported me back home. It was that day 'Amazing grace how sweet the sound ...' became a meaningful a d sweet melody to me.

27 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Traveling? Share Your Experiences. by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 21, 2018
Offpoint:
It was a very terrible experienced...

It was on 15 of August 2015, the day I'll live never to forget, the memory is still fresh in my head like it was just a moment ago.

I woke up that faithful fateful morning at an early hour of 5am, even though I had no or little sleep the whole night cuz there was a lot of evil thoughts going through my head that night. fear of the unknown, fear of uncertainty and lots more.

To shorten the long story*
5:30am I left home for the park, bought my bus ticket and carefully scanned through the bus for the perfect and most comforting angle to sat on. in a matter of seconds, I've detected the back seat and close to the right window side to enable me buy whatever I want to whenever the need to arises.

30 minutes later, we were in motion. where I sat there were two beautiful ladies sitting beside me, don't want to describe their beauty in words cuz that may take an entire page, but all I can say is... their beauty can make a man do things he never planned to do, it can make a man lost his sense of reasoning and can make an Ajepako tried to form an ajebutter. these girls were so beautiful for a second I thought I was sitting with angels.... this is were my predicament started, that was the genesis of the impending damnation of my journey.

.....To be continued tomorrow morning.... flat battery
This happens to me alot,whenever i want to travel,i dnt sleep all through d nyt,dnt really kn wh

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Traveling? Share Your Experiences. by Talknochip(m): 7:25am On Sep 21, 2018
Ezechinwa:
was travelling to Owerri from Lagos with YSG motors, our bus broke down in Ore, we had two Lord Chosen Members before we left Lagos, they were preaching about repentance and love, they also preached about how Jesus came for the sinners.

So while our bus broke down, we waited for another one, suddenly an empty Lord chosen Bus heading to owerri stopped, it looked like a new BRT bus. Guess what, they only picked the two passengers and left us because we weren't members or weren't wearing their green bullet proof shit.

The problem with Africans is, we pretend a lot and use religion as a decoy, most are religious not because of love for God or humanity, but just to make Heaven.
YSG sha... 'Most are religious not because of love for God or humanity, but just to make heaven' ... Word!

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Traveling? Share Your Experiences. by Gamusgamus: 7:26am On Sep 21, 2018
So I decided to hit the road cos I was tired of flying to and from Lagos, a decision I lived to regret, the bus was overloaded with waybill goods and driven by a very nasty and reckless driver in a night journey. hmmmm my heart was in my mouth.

The expected happened as the spring beneath the goods laden bus broke just as we got to Ore at about 2am in the middle of no where , mosquitoes had a field day cos we had to abandon the bus and took cover in the near by bush, fear of robbers.

Hmmmmm, had to hang on a tree like a monkey till day break GOSH!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Traveling? Share Your Experiences. by boyjo: 7:28am On Sep 21, 2018
brainhgeek:
The day I realised how much Jesus loves me. I went to Republic of Benin for a shady deal. To cut long story short, I had nothing left on me. I started wandering around but God had a plan B. He sent a friend from Nigeria to come to Republic of Benin to make a simple bank transaction he could have made in Nigeria. He himself couldn't explain what stirred his heart to come to Benin when he could have used the bank behind his house. He found me wandering and transported me back home. It was that day 'Amazing grace how sweet the sound ...' became a meaningful a d sweet melody to me.

Hm, nice one.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Traveling? Share Your Experiences. by johnjay4u2u(m): 8:13am On Sep 21, 2018
Travelling from Ado Ekiti to Ogbomosho.
There ain't a direct bus so had to take a bus to Osogbo first.
To cut the long story short, the passenger beside me who alighted before the final stop stole my wallet(containing my money, Id cards and ATM cards). I should have suspected because he didn't get to were he said he was going to alight.
Choi, he was sounding decent and gentle while we were chatting before departure.
people keep denting my trust bank.
Thank God he didn't steal my bank token. I had to beg someone. I transferred money to her account and she withdrew it for me at the ATM
That was how I got home.

I forgot to add he stole my voters card too.
but i know I am going to track him one day.
na here i go come share the remaining tori.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Traveling? Share Your Experiences. by BrokenCock: 8:15am On Sep 21, 2018
anayolity:
Getting stranded while traveling almost became a norm for me as I was always traveling at night for no good reason until a certain time when I decided to embark on a journey from Akwa Ibom to Owerri , I had left the park by 4pm unknown to me the Abia state boundary road was a world class mess , we spent hours trying to get through the traffic jam until few minutes past 10pm, driver said he couldn't continue the journey again and refunded us some part of our transport enough to take us to destination, after a while we manage to see a taxi that drove us down to Owerri , the time was few minutes past 12am by then I was left with one guy going to FUTO , while I was heading for NEKEDE .... I looked at The notorious Douglas road , I knew it would be suicide mission to take that route , I checked my pocket I was having some few change not big enough to lodge in those expensive hotels,I had a school bag and a bag of foodstuff in the other hand, my eyes became red, Checked some churches and they refused me from entering , went to the police checkpoint and begged them that I should just sit close to them until daybreak so I can continue my journey , na so police pursue me oh cheesy .... My heart cut that night , Area boys tried to snatch my bag twice at some point me too I form bad guy go siddon for one road side bar, bought few sticks of cigarettes and Beer .
Early morning my ever worried babe use a cab to pick me up, after that incident I swore never to travel at odd hours again!!

Anyone with worse or similar experience ?

Please Share!

cc : lalasticlala, mynd44, Rocktation, Farano
nos 1- tge churches no try, in the first play church's doors r not meant to be locked. If not for the local thieves.
2- police sef fall hands, dem for atleast ask u questions, then allow u sleep around there even if na far frm them
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Traveling? Share Your Experiences. by OlujobaSamuel: 8:17am On Sep 21, 2018
Ezechinwa:
was travelling to Owerri from Lagos with YSG motors, our bus broke down in Ore, we had two Lord Chosen Members before we left Lagos, they were preaching about repentance and love, they also preached about how Jesus came for the sinners.

So while our bus broke down, we waited for another one, suddenly an empty Lord chosen Bus heading to owerri stopped, it looked like a new BRT bus. Guess what, they only picked the two passengers and left us because we weren't members or weren't wearing their green bullet proof shit.

The problem with Africans is, we pretend a lot and use religion as a decoy, most are religious not because of love for God or humanity, but just to make Heaven.
sincerely, I've stopped calling their handbills and listening to their tales in the name of preaching.
I was travelling to Akwaibom from Lagos through the YSG, That was my first time with ysg from lagos, so I dont know how they operate. When i saw people of different route in the bus, i started shouting that i'm going to akwaibom ooo make dem no carry me for middle of road stop, as I see fellow passengers going to cross river, i was calm because calabar is after uyo(in my naive mind).
na so this chosen people(about 4) start to dey preach and pray ooo, we got to Abia about 5:30pm and I noticed that the driver took a different route compared to the onEs I know, the next thing na to see myself for Ebonyi road, I was like, where be dis na uyo i dey go na, they said that is its last stop, huh?? i shall dey look oooo, 10pm knack before we reach calabar, na so driver enter pack talk sey e no go again till tomorrow, I was like wtf, why you no tell since wey i dey shout, i get nis exam(gej/moro scam) tomorrow morning, na so i face this chosen people oooo(they were the few we got to calabar together and it's their final destination) this people just deny me sey dey no hear anything oo. I just carry myself commot der go find my way, i eventually found a lady that looks like who**(sincere apologies) in a taxi i boarded, she took me to the bus stop, waited for a bus that will take me to another road side park that i can get a bus going to uyo(almost 11pm), she couldnt wait anymore, she said she is going to meet someone, she handed me over to a guy at the bus stop and warned me to be very careful because pickpocket plenty for der and i collected her number then she left.
I got to my base in uyo at about 12:30am.
the next morning, i tried this lady line but e no go ooo, it later went through but she no even ans(i didnt give her my number), i tried the number for the next 6months but this lady line no dey go, i was like na angel she be, better than the so called unchosen fellows.
My 2nd experience with a chosen fellow, this one enter bus, i conductor gave me a bad #50 bal, she wanted to pay him a good one, told her to swap with mine before paying her, this lady refused ooo, fellow passengers was even telling her that shebi na the conductor give me now, make she change am na, she no agree oo.
the ones in my area too no dey greet people except for one man that is close to people around, others no dey greet nor do anything with people for area, yet dey sabi dey shout repent for early morning.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Traveling? Share Your Experiences. by BrokenCock: 8:19am On Sep 21, 2018
Mizk:
Wasn't actually stranded, i missed my way and battery is dead, i just had to wait in the park hoping my host would come find me, well she came through eventually.
she came or he came? smiley smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Traveling? Share Your Experiences. by Mizk(f): 8:23am On Sep 21, 2018
BrokenCock:
she came or he came? smiley smiley
Whatever rocks your primitive mind, feel free to explore.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Traveling? Share Your Experiences. by Mizk(f): 8:24am On Sep 21, 2018
samysmoothfresh:

the right response should have been "hey love!" or at least dear sad

cant sleep or you saw me online and decided to stay up too? lipsrsealed
Hey love? To a stranger? You're a piece of work. grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Traveling? Share Your Experiences. by BrokenCock: 8:27am On Sep 21, 2018
moscobabs:
It was last week Monday in Lagos o.

I received a call from my wife that Oshodi-Iyana ipaja road has blocked that if I love myself I should keep my car in office and take public bus to avoid stress and vehicle overheat. That was around 5pm while it was raining in Isolo.

I have #1500 on me and I'm going to Ijoko Ogun state,I dropped my car in office and I take a car from iyana isolo to Oshodi which is just #100 , when I get to Oshodi I couldn't find tollgate or ssngo motor that was the Genesis of my predicament o.Then one LT(yellow bus) came and called tollgate #1000 that was around 6pm, on a normal day tollgate is #300, I refused to board the bus thinking cheaper one will come I stay for another one hour and no motor colame to the busstop I have no choice than to take bike and the bike man says its #2000 I asked the bike man if I can do transfer for him he said no problem but I need to do it now cos he won't want me to delay him when we get to tollgate .

I did the transfer to his account but me and him didn't see the alert to be sure the transaction is successful we both keep waited till we reach Tollgate still the same, I have no choice to than to do another transfer of #2000 that was around 11pm o.This time he receives the alert instantly and he told me it has enter but me didn't receive any debit alert, I just tell him thank u for his patience and I say goodbye to him. It was when I reach home around 12am that one alert came in to my phone and I checked immediately only for me to discover that it was actually 4 alerts ...debit of #2000 twice and debit of VAT+commission twice. That means pay #4,100 to transport myself from oshodi to tollgate if i knew i would have boarded it for #1k Infact its a very bad experience for me
LoL cheesy thank God say govt don order banks to compensate victims of delayed debit with 10k

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Traveling? Share Your Experiences. by BrokenCock: 8:32am On Sep 21, 2018
magicminister:
[b] Nigerians have been traumatized.
It's time for us to wake up and look beyond these recycled politicians with nothing new to offer.

I never really understood what PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) meant till I left visited a foreign country for the first time.

My first time out of the country was to Doha. I woke up in the middle of the night to charge my phone and iron my clothes because I feared that power would go off.

When I was in U.S for work, I drove from Houston to Dallas around 2am. I was so afraid of getting attacked by highway robbers that I kept peering into the thick bushes looking for any sign of unusual movement. I arrived Dallas around 5 am without any harm befalling me.

I can't even stay out late in Nigeria except in some parts of Lagos and some parts of Abuja.

Nigerians have been treated so unfairly. All my years in Nigeria, I have never ever ever expereiced a full week of constant electricity.

I have ever ever ever driven 20 km without potholes or some form of road hazard.

I have been robbed twice around Benin expressway.

Growing up, we were never attacked by armed robbers but my neighbours were robbed severally. I remember a young girl back then that was raped and robbed on her way back from school

My undergraduate years, my apartment was broken into and my room mate butchered like a chicken for resisting thieves. They carted away my electronics and valuable which wasn't worth up to 100k naira.

Through out my lifetime in Nigeria, nothing has gotten better. Not security, not roads, not electricity, not jobs creation.

My story is pretty much the life of the average Nigerian.

Nigerians wake up[/b]
that's true bro. We need to wake up
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Traveling? Share Your Experiences. by myfootballface: 8:34am On Sep 21, 2018
The most recent one was just 2 weeks ago. Was in the east and wanted to cover Enugu and Owerri and back to Anambra in one day. Could've been possible though if not for all the numerous delays in the journey. First few minutes after we left Anambra enroute Enugu driver slept off and vehicle veered into the bush though no serious damage. We continued to Enugu after it took a long time to bring the vehicle back to the road. Finished in Enugu around 2pm and decided to still try to get to Owerri before returning to Anambra. I asked and they said journey shouldn't take up to 3 hours max. Unfortunately no one took into account that there was literally a river on the way into Owerri just before orji. We spent hours trying to cross this terrible road. By now I was regretting my decision to continue to Owerri that day. Finally got into Owerri by past seven and needless to say the office I was coming to had long closed. All my peeps in Owerri were either not around or not reachable. I didn't make any budget for lodging that night. Now I desperately was trying to leave everything and try to return to Anambra that night but it wasn't even possible. Finally called someone that called someone I knew from way back and luckily he himself just got into Owerri that day. Long story short I found a place to spend the night. Truth was attempting to return that night was a really dangerous mission as control in Owerri was deadly at night. Honestly roads in Nigeria are so bad right now that people should just reduce long distance journeys for now atleast till the rainy season is over. I traveled a lot all over the country these past weeks and saw terrible things

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Traveling? Share Your Experiences. by BrokenCock: 8:34am On Sep 21, 2018
Mizk:
Whatever rocks your primitive mind, feel free to explore.
u have not answered me nau. It's just a polite question dear.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Traveling? Share Your Experiences. by Horllamideh(m): 8:39am On Sep 21, 2018
Lemme share my own too
Last year July, I went for an interview at Lagos. The whole getting delayed came about largely because I planned on getting a new battery for my Znokor Androidbbish. So a day after the interview, I entered Ikeja Underbridge to get the battery, couldn't find one but had to settle for and Itel battery with close capacity. I finally started my journey back to Ogbomoso around 4-5pm, the traffic at Redemption camp was much and I got to Ibadan much later than planned...... dusk was close so I boarded one Oyo-bound bus loaded with pepper, Chaiii I thought I would die cos of the feeling.......all the while my babe was worried and calling every now and then (the feeling was new to me). Some kilometers along the way around 7:10pm the bus broke down and wouldn't move, all seven of us came down and was trying to flag down vehicles for help. A brook was nearby as frogs and crickets were trying to outdo one another with bass croakings and tenor-tone chirpings. The calls from babe got so intense to the extent I had to stowed the phone deep inside my bag. After like 30 minutes, we were lucky to find a bus half full going to Oyo town and hurriedly boarded it. Another yawa was when I couldn't find a bus going to Ogbomoso quickly around 9pm at Owode in Oyo. I was a bit tensed since I don't have any acquaintance in the ancient town. The man I sat with later was also receiving calls from his wife, she was obviously worried about his safety....... that was when I brought out my phone and placed a call to bae that I am fine and will arrive Ogbomoso soon. I reached my house after 10pm.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Traveling? Share Your Experiences. by hyfr(m): 8:42am On Sep 21, 2018
Gamusgamus:
So I decided to hit the road cos I was tired of flying to and from Lagos, a decision I lived to regret, the bus was overloaded with waybill goods and driven by a very nasty and reckless driver in a night journey. hmmmm my heart was in my mouth.

The expected happened as the spring beneath the goods laden bus broke just as we got to Ore at about 2am in the middle of no where , mosquitoes had a field day cos we had to abandon the bus and took cover in the near by bush, fear of robbers.

Hmmmmm, had to hang on a tree like a monkey till day break GOSH!
baba u hang for tree?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Traveling? Share Your Experiences. by brunobaba(m): 8:47am On Sep 21, 2018
Mizk:
Wasn't actually stranded, i missed my way and battery is dead, i just had to wait in the park hoping my host would come find me, well she came through eventually.
I suspect the host was a he...lol,na play i dey oo
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Traveling? Share Your Experiences. by kalu61(m): 8:51am On Sep 21, 2018
yeyerolling:
Durimg nysc i used to take a bus to owerri ITC park den from der to abia. Naso i go stop for one place before owerri cos d last time i was coming to lag the driver passed der. So i assumed dat place was near abia and i go see direct bus. Turned out to be false. I entered about 3 taxis dat night i no still reach Abia. 1 am i go find church sleep grin
na abia you serve. hope u no bleep my sisters grin
yeyerolling:
Durimg nysc i used to take a bus to owerri ITC park den from der to abia. Naso i go stop for one place before owerri cos d last time i was coming to lag the driver passed der. So i assumed dat place was near abia and i go see direct bus. Turned out to be false. I entered about 3 taxis dat night i no still reach Abia. 1 am i go find church sleep grin
na abia you serve. hope u no bleep my sisters
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Traveling? Share Your Experiences. by Dapsy07: 9:03am On Sep 21, 2018
We dey wait ur update

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Traveling To Qatar-- A Journey To Hell / Canada Or Uk / Sirika: We Are Not Paying $300m In Nigeria Air. Www.flynigeriaair.ng Registered.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.