Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Huawei Gives Free Powerbank To People Queuing For IPhones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Huawei Gives Free Powerbank To People Queuing For IPhones (34321 Views)

Best Powerbank To Buy / This App Gives Free 300 Airtime Daily, Is Amazing Shareit Lite #slitechristmas / Samsung S6 Edge With Box , Charger , Earpiece N Free Powerbank !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Huawei Gives Free Powerbank To People Queuing For IPhones by toluxa1(m): 9:04pm On Sep 21, 2018
Like every year, the new iPhones generate so much hype that there are thousands of fans queuing in front of the Apple stores worldwide. This time around Huawei seized the opportunity to do some old-fashioned trolling.

In front of the Apple store on Orchard Road in Singapore, a few Huawei employees gave away about 200 power banks for the people waiting on the queue the whole night. The packaged power banks had a message: "Here's a power bank, You'll need it."

It's been years now that the Android community, including the OEMs, is mocking Apple for the iPhone's unsatisfactory battery life. Even this year's humongous iPhone XS Max comes with a merely 3,174 mAh cell. Samsung's Galaxy Note9, for example, comes in a fairly similar chassis while packing a 4,000 mAh battery. In fact, it's hard to come across an Android handset these days that has less than 3,000 mAh battery.

Source
https://m.gsmarena.com/huawei_gave_away_free_power_banks_to_people_queuing_for_iphones-news-33388.php

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Huawei Gives Free Powerbank To People Queuing For IPhones by Darkseid(m): 9:11pm On Sep 21, 2018
waoh! waoh!! waoh!!!
Nice one Huawei, they'll really need it
grin grin grin

211 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Huawei Gives Free Powerbank To People Queuing For IPhones by BoboKush(m): 9:12pm On Sep 21, 2018
I love this cheesy grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Gives Free Powerbank To People Queuing For IPhones by Nobody: 9:21pm On Sep 21, 2018
Sometimes the best Diss is when its served not shouted

165 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Huawei Gives Free Powerbank To People Queuing For IPhones by prechibillz(m): 9:35pm On Sep 21, 2018
nice y I nor dey there ���

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Gives Free Powerbank To People Queuing For IPhones by youngreva(m): 12:16am On Sep 22, 2018
look at how they comported themselves,if na Naija now them go they throw blow everywhere

197 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Huawei Gives Free Powerbank To People Queuing For IPhones by dreamwords: 12:50am On Sep 22, 2018
apple fans of nairaland wont like this

just imagine people queuing to buy phones of 300k and above, can this happen in nigeria,
we are suffering in thins shit hole

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Huawei Gives Free Powerbank To People Queuing For IPhones by Nobody: 5:10am On Sep 22, 2018
That's simply hilarious! grin

1 Like

Re: Huawei Gives Free Powerbank To People Queuing For IPhones by Jaymaxxy(m): 5:39am On Sep 22, 2018
Oyinbo sabi troll no be small.

But 3174mAh is not too small nah.

9 Likes

Re: Huawei Gives Free Powerbank To People Queuing For IPhones by anochuko01(m): 6:37am On Sep 22, 2018
so this queueing madness don follow reach them chinko

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Gives Free Powerbank To People Queuing For IPhones by Bossontop(m): 6:44am On Sep 22, 2018
undecided
Chaiii......iphone company oga on hearing the news

[img]https://media1./images/d9976fe88c5d3150944189a9e4368326/tenor.gif[/img]

177 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Huawei Gives Free Powerbank To People Queuing For IPhones by demsid(m): 6:58am On Sep 22, 2018
Dem go need am true true

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Gives Free Powerbank To People Queuing For IPhones by hairybigdick: 8:03am On Sep 22, 2018
grin grin grin This is hilarious and a wakeup call for Iphone makers

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Gives Free Powerbank To People Queuing For IPhones by Fuadeiza(m): 8:51am On Sep 22, 2018
Hahahaha!
Huawei is now getting crazier,
That's how I saw one post, probably on twitter, when apple launched iPhone XR and the others...

It says " Thanks for keeping it the same"

Talking about the physical outlook of iPhone XR and others not looking different from their regular iPhone..
I think Note 9 is what Huawei is using to troll or compete the recently launched iPhone

12 Likes

Re: Huawei Gives Free Powerbank To People Queuing For IPhones by toluxa1(m): 11:08am On Sep 22, 2018
anochuko01:
so this queueing madness don follow reach them chinko

Their Jazz is strong.

6 Likes

Re: Huawei Gives Free Powerbank To People Queuing For IPhones by sethtsadopp: 11:12am On Sep 22, 2018
Hahahaha. I love these kind of jabs among the tech companies. Samsung too sabi the thing. FP material

1 Like

Re: Huawei Gives Free Powerbank To People Queuing For IPhones by sowawibu: 11:44am On Sep 22, 2018
very good people
Re: Huawei Gives Free Powerbank To People Queuing For IPhones by dominique(f): 11:48am On Sep 22, 2018
Why queue for long hours just to buy a phone? Is that not craziness?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Gives Free Powerbank To People Queuing For IPhones by BruncleZuma: 11:51am On Sep 22, 2018
grin grin grin grin

Super Trolling

7 Likes

Re: Huawei Gives Free Powerbank To People Queuing For IPhones by itiswellandwell: 11:51am On Sep 22, 2018
Lol. Very good marketing strategy from Huawei. Apple fans might be forced to check out Huawei phones when they must have tried the powerbank and satisfied with it. If powerbank can have quality and bigger juice like this. The phone will offer more. Lemme try it out. Now that, they have amazing big phones. Silent and smart marketing strategy is that. Onpoint! Ontime! Kindgesture!

Cheap s6 edge. Check my signature.

11 Likes

Re: Huawei Gives Free Powerbank To People Queuing For IPhones by hemartins(m): 11:51am On Sep 22, 2018
Best troll I've seen in years.

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Gives Free Powerbank To People Queuing For IPhones by PotatoSalad(m): 11:53am On Sep 22, 2018
Apple: Here's the iPhone XR with Liquid Retina
Fan: liquid Retina?? OMG!! OMG!!! Yes yes yes

Apple: Can stream only 720p videos
Fan: who cares, as long as it's apple, I'm all in.

Apple: it's $799 only.
Fan: OMG!!! Take my money already

grin grin grin
If LCD is Liquid retina, what will Apple call OLED next year please grin

R for Rotten

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Gives Free Powerbank To People Queuing For IPhones by bqlekan(m): 11:54am On Sep 22, 2018
now, that's what i call g good demarketing strategy by huawei..
Re: Huawei Gives Free Powerbank To People Queuing For IPhones by Offpoint: 11:55am On Sep 22, 2018
Huawei are mad o, what an honest way to diss someone.

"here's a power bank, you'll need it" gringringrin savage they are, chill they have non.

On a serious note... why will a grown human being left his/her comfort home to queue for a piece of technology that will be outdated in less than five months and totally useless in a 2 years time?

23 Likes

Re: Huawei Gives Free Powerbank To People Queuing For IPhones by cooldipo(m): 11:55am On Sep 22, 2018
They are competing with me and I know why......
Re: Huawei Gives Free Powerbank To People Queuing For IPhones by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 22, 2018
As if Huawei phones have better batteries undecided
Re: Huawei Gives Free Powerbank To People Queuing For IPhones by itiswellandwell: 11:58am On Sep 22, 2018
germanized:
As if Huawei phones have better batteries undecided

Lol. You need to get one. Most especially their high end ones.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Gives Free Powerbank To People Queuing For IPhones by slimpoppa(m): 11:59am On Sep 22, 2018
troll of life
Re: Huawei Gives Free Powerbank To People Queuing For IPhones by Zane2point4(m): 11:59am On Sep 22, 2018
youngreva:
look at how they comported themselves,if na Naija now them go they throw blow everywhere
Thanks you observed, oyibo know how to be very calm
Even on buses and public places.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Whatsapp Is Now Entirely End-to-end Encrypted / Infinix Hot 3 Launched In Nigeria But I Think We Are Being Cheated / My Wife Was Robbed Of Iphone 11 Yesterday In Lekki. How Can I Track It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.