Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,041 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Winners’s Chapel Founder, Oyedepo’s Deconstruction - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Winners’s Chapel Founder, Oyedepo’s Deconstruction (614 Views)

"I Don't Pay Tithes To Winners Chapel Anymore" - Lady; Daddy Freeze Reacts / Pictures Of Winners Chapel International In Maryland, USA / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Winners’s Chapel Founder, Oyedepo’s Deconstruction by paxonel(m): 10:01am On Sep 22, 2018
ishop David Oyedepo, founder of Living Faith Church Wordwide, is said to flock over 50, 000, 000 members around the world. But it is strange that the highly revered “Man of God” has not successfully insulated himself from controversies, as Germany’s public international broadcaster, Deutsche Welle (DW), has literally demystified and deconstructed him.

Deutsche Well, for instance, questioned Oyedepo’s prosperity messages and described it as “hypnotising”. “The prosperity gospel by David Oyedepo sounds hypnotising,” it alleged on its official website on Tuesday.

In the report, it was alleged that “many more listen to Oyedepo outside this mega-church, those who did not get a seat inside. They raise their hands towards the sky in devotion, in hopes their prayers will be heard. Oyedepo is just one of many pastors in Nigeria who promise positive change.”

DW also alleged that Oyedepo manipulates his gullible followers with his sermon, adding that “The pastor, who calls himself a bishop, knows what people in Nigeria need the most: stability and jobs.

“His net worth is estimated to be $150 million (€128 million). Many of his followers want to be like him. They yearn for prosperity in the country that has the highest number of people living in extreme poverty worldwide.

DW alleges: “Nigeria, unstable as the violent campaign by jihadist militants Boko Haram has been raging for almost a decade, has experienced an economic recession in recent years. The government promises change, but the country is plagued by mismanagement and massive corruption. It was during this period that the number of Pentecostal churches began to increase.

“There are at least 500 in Nigeria, some of them with branches worldwide. Nigerians turn to faith as their trust in the government wanes.”

Re: Winners’s Chapel Founder, Oyedepo’s Deconstruction by Righteousness89(m): 10:08am On Sep 22, 2018
That Manipulation has Worked for Me and a whole lot of People....
The Church of GOD is marching on... the Gates of Hell cannot prevail against it

3 Likes

Re: Winners’s Chapel Founder, Oyedepo’s Deconstruction by LadySarah: 10:17am On Sep 22, 2018
The times when everybody in the chur h were equal,when the church didn't keep properties but sold it to help the needy among them.The times the pastor Paul,peter had skills and jobs that sustained them instead of depending on the offerings to amass wealth.

Let's not talk even talk about members buying private jets for one man in the name of fast racking the gospel spread,that is why you have missionaries sent to everywhere.It shouldnt be done by one person alone.

when there are your family members,displaced ppl,widows and less priviledged ppl around you.Peter would cry at what the church of God has become in Africa.
When we had simple buildings and not edifices that stand tall while 90 percent of the church members especially the worship team/choir lived in penury.Is anything wrong with Jw type of buildings while we use the money for empowerment

I was born a pentecostal qnd still remains one but we have to accept that some Nigerian ministers has gone out of the line .sometimes I would talk and my dh label me an antichrist but yesterday he supported me after a popular GO s wife he is close to revealed to him what was going on in their marriage and church.

This salvation is personal,Nigerians let's not be deceived.Its free and comes without a price.

The bible said"freely ye have received,therefore give it free.
Re: Winners’s Chapel Founder, Oyedepo’s Deconstruction by sdm4christ: 10:29am On Sep 22, 2018
The word of God is truth. The power of God is real. Miracles are real. If you listen to any man of God and you are in doubt of what he is saying go back home and check out everything he has said from the scriptures and see if it is so. If not discard it. Acts 17:11
Re: Winners’s Chapel Founder, Oyedepo’s Deconstruction by fykes(m): 10:29am On Sep 22, 2018
LadySarah:
The times when everybody in the chur h were equal,when the church didn't keep properties but sold it to help the needy among them.The times the pastor Paul,peter had skills and jobs that sustained them instead of depending on the offerings to amass wealth.

When we had simple buildings and not edifices that stand tall while 90 percent of the church members especially the worship team/choir lived in penury

I was born a pentecostal qnd still remains one but we have to accept that Nigerian ministers has gone out of the line .sometimes I would talk and my dh label me an antichrist but yesterday he supported me after a popular GO s wife he is close to revealed to him what was going on in their marriage and church.

This salvation is personal,Nigerians let's not be deceived.Its free and comes without a price.

The bible said"freely ye have received,therefore give it free.
I am not unaware that some ministers preach and worship money. But we should go to church and worship God in the relationship we have with Christ. A pastor or G. O is in everything a man as your husband and a church is I'm everything run as an organisation. None is insulated from problems or issues. Let not your faith and relationships with the spirit be based on other men. That he is a G.O doesn't mean he isn't a baby Christian. "Time and chance happens to us all"
Re: Winners’s Chapel Founder, Oyedepo’s Deconstruction by LadySarah: 10:57am On Sep 22, 2018
fykes:

I am not unaware that some ministers preach and worship money. But we should go to church and worship God in the relationship we have with Christ. A pastor or G. O is in everything a man as your husband and a church is I'm everything run as an organisation. None is insulated from problems or issues. Let not your faith and relationships with the spirit be based on other men. That he is a G.O doesn't mean he isn't a baby Christian. "Time and chance happens to us all"

It hasn't wavered our faith stall rather it is strengthened.

He only now understands the things I'm saying .
Nigerians have made GOs mini gods as if we can't get to God unless through them.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See Photos From Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Daughter Traditional Wedding / The secret which is trending in the spiritual TV can you see it? / Fear No Gree Adeboye Release Prophecy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.