Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,879 members, 7,828,127 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University (36825 Views)

Rose-Margaret Ekeng-Itua: World’s First Black Female Ph.d Holder In Cybernetics / My Sister Just Bagged Her Ph.d From OAU Am So Happy (pictures). / Anambra University Lecturer Appears In Ph.d Class As ‘Transgender’ (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by Millenniumlady(f): 11:23pm On Sep 22, 2018
dingbang:
example.. Millenniumlady
Shut up

Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by Uyi168: 11:32pm On Sep 22, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

I NEED YOU TO KNOW THAT YOU'RE CONVERSATING WITH A COMMON TOUT.
no wonder.. I waste my time,no more...

1 Like

Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by JediB(f): 12:45am On Sep 23, 2018
She go finish the phd now all these suffer she go transfer to innocent students wey no cause am make she settle for naija do phd.
Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by PurestBoy(m): 1:38am On Sep 23, 2018
Ioannes:

Funny enough I and my classmates carried out that same experiment you mentioned and a host of others during my secondary school days because we had a functioning physics, chemistry and biology laboratories.

I went to a public secondary school here in Ibadan and that was where I did what they call practical, I mean real physics and chemistry practical, apparatus were evenly distributed. 2 students to 1. . . . but when I got to University (Lautech), chai, esp in 100L, like 100 students to one set of apparatus. We'll just copy from those that also copy from those in the front. Practicals in most public universities in Nigeria are full of shit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by VICTOR654: 2:28am On Sep 23, 2018
FOR ict trebds,visit www.viktornaija.com.ng for more
Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by Nobody: 2:33am On Sep 23, 2018
enemmo:
In 100 level physics, we had a lab experiment to determine the refractive index of a transparent object(angle of refraction) or so. There were many methods including the use of a machine. The Lab instructor warned us not to touch the equipment as there was only 1 functioning in the whole Uni. So we just went in groups of 5, inspected the machine and went out..and then wrote reports. That day was one of the worst days in my life.
Private Universities have better facilities and access to practicals.

Have you been to any?
Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by Nobody: 2:34am On Sep 23, 2018
enemmo:
In 100 level physics, we had a lab experiment to determine the refractive index of a transparent object(angle of refraction) or so. There were many methods including the use of a machine. The Lab instructor warned us not to touch the equipment as there was only 1 functioning in the whole Uni. So we just went in groups of 5, inspected the machine and went out..and then wrote reports. That day was one of the worst days in my life.

Have you been to any?
Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by CodeTemplar: 2:38am On Sep 23, 2018
enemmo:
Yet they are bashed and tagged inferior by public uni grads. It is well indeed.

1 Like

Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by CodeTemplar: 2:38am On Sep 23, 2018
writerights:

Have you been to any?
I have and I can confirm they have far better labs.

1 Like

Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by CodeTemplar: 2:40am On Sep 23, 2018
PurestBoy:

I went to a public secondary school here in Ibadan and that was where I did what they call practical, I mean real physics and chemistry practical, apparatus were evenly distributed. 2 students to 1. . . . but when I got to University (Lautech), chai, esp in 100L, like 100 students to one set of apparatus. We'll just copy from those that also copy from those in the front. Practicals in most public universities in Nigeria are full of shit.
I saw more practicals in sec sch than public uni before switching over.

1 Like

Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by Nobody: 5:01am On Sep 23, 2018
CodeTemplar:
I have and I can confirm they have far better labs.

Lol... Cool temper. I wouldn't expect anything different from you. The land always seems greener at the other side of the fence for those who haven't crossed it. As it stands, mushroom private universities are littered all over, I'm not buying crap from any of them.

1 Like

Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by hisgrace090: 5:56am On Sep 23, 2018
anochuko01:
lol, pure science is nigeria? na scam joor.
poorly funded labs and research centres all over the country.
She try sha

Provide money for those lab improvement one Nigerian will hide it in one of his hidden bank account, that's how bad things have degenerated in Nigeria.
Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by Nobody: 6:30am On Sep 23, 2018
PurestBoy:

You are right. I went to a federal school in Ibadan too and apparatuses were always given to us one to each student.

I guess universities in Nigeria admit more students than they have the capacity for and that in itself is fraudulent.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by Popularity(m): 7:03am On Sep 23, 2018
Mama researcher, u can equally start another research on why light is not stable there! We are waiting
Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by raypower7(m): 7:07am On Sep 23, 2018
Really very saddening
Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by Reference(m): 7:10am On Sep 23, 2018
It is entirely normal. Einstein did not have a billion dollar budget and state of the art laboratories to do exploits. The ascension to excellence is not only tasking on the mind but on the soul. Challenges is a proof of desire and a fuel for conquest.

My concern is that having scaled all these hurdles and imprinted your name in the sands of time, donot leave a shadow simikar to ehat you met. After all someone walked these same paths and left an awful mess on the way out. Yes, someone like you is responsible for all you see and experience.

Make a clear difference.
Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by Reference(m): 7:14am On Sep 23, 2018
Ioannes:

You are right. I went to a federal school in Ibadan too and apparatuses were always given to us one to each student.

I guess universities in Nigeria admit more students than they have the capacity for and that in itself is fraudulent.

No. What is fraudulent is every family having four, five, six, seven children. That is a quadruple surge in population in a very short time. It will take massive sacrifices of intellect, time and treasure to guarantee quality education to them all. That is the scam called Nigeria, our run away population. Who will agree to forgo education for his ward if he had a choice? Will you?
Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by Nobody: 7:21am On Sep 23, 2018
Millenniumlady:
Real bitches in the building kiss I'm happy for you darling smiley

Dat is the capacity of ur brain
She ain't no bitch but a lady. Bitches have no class, ladies ooze class. Get that into ur oblong head
Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 23, 2018
Reference:

No. What is fraudulent is every family having four, five, six, seven children. That is a quadruple surge in population in a very short time. It will take massive sacrifices of intellect, time and treasure to guarantee quality education to them all. That is the scam called Nigeria, our run away population. Who will agree to forgo education for his ward if he had a choice? Will you?

I am appalled by your way of reasoning.

According to you then the Federal government should make a policy banning young couples from procreating because we want to reduce the population of the country.

Our run away population? I guess China should be the least educated country in the world with over 1billion Chinese. India is the largest democracy in the world and we run there for our medical needs.
Don't get me started on the United States with more than twice the population of Nigeria.

If reduction in population guaranteed education for all, why is it that other African countries with only a fraction of our population like Niger Republic, Chad, Sudan, Libya all have majority of their population uneducated?

You are laying the blame of the government which has refused to implement credible education policies at the feet of citizens who are doing their duty of populating this country with human resources.

You are thinking like a Freemason bro.
Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by chemashie(m): 8:10am On Sep 23, 2018
Working on production of biodiesel or carrying out research on transesterification at this age is more of research exercise. There's no research novelty, urgency and demand for such activity.
Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 23, 2018
why bother? why put herself through all that troubles?
Just wait for God to wave a magic wand and everything will be brilliant.

The problem with Nigerians is they are all waiting for God to fix everything for them, even common basic Electicity grin

1 Like

Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by lonelydora: 9:38am On Sep 23, 2018
beninfo3:
Nigeria,the giant of Africa, endowed with crude oil and other mineral resources is supposed to be the lead country when it comes to infrastructure and education but the reverse is the case. Here comes the experience of a Nigerian lady carrying out her project work to publish a thesis for her Ph.D program one of the notable Nigerian Universities:

See More Photos : https://gossime..com/2018/09/lady-shares-her-experience-in-one-of.html

George Loveday's comment got me laughing. But it's just the simple truth
Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by JamesTPhillips: 10:06am On Sep 23, 2018
cheesy
Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 23, 2018
You rock dear. Hope to join you soon. Your determination and hard work will pay off some day.
Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by Penywise(m): 10:38am On Sep 23, 2018
stagger:
At least when Covenant University is charging the school fees they are charging, you know what you are paying for: quality education, not the BS we see in public universities.

Dislike
Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by beninfo3: 11:02am On Sep 23, 2018
Baroba:
Pack that thing up and come to Europe, na here you talent get value..
Are you in Europe? Someone wants to connect with you
Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by anochuko01(m): 11:08am On Sep 23, 2018
ubox:

Covenant University's own is not bad
sir, you know its privately funded. and I'm sure its not easy.
Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by jesmond3945: 5:59pm On Sep 23, 2018
chemashie:
Working on production of biodiesel or carrying out research on transesterification at this age is more of research exercise. There's no research novelty, urgency and demand for such activity.
but biodiesel is the fuel of the future. She is not doing original research but novel probably she is proposing a better method of doing the process so it is considered novelty.
Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by Iskra: 1:18am On Sep 24, 2018
beninfo3:

inbox your contact so someone can reach if the need for auomation arises
Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by IchBinBrait(m): 2:07pm On Sep 24, 2018
Ejiod:
When I'm not mad to do PhD in Nigeria. God forbid..Lecturers that Dont update their Operating system talk less of infrastructure.

My broda shey ur own na Ph.D, me na Masters sef.. I don't wanna do it in this country.
Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by IchBinBrait(m): 2:22pm On Sep 24, 2018
hisgrace090:

Provide money for those lab improvement one Nigerian will hide it in one of his hidden bank account, that's how bad things have degenerated in Nigeria.

You are right!

1 Like

Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by Ejiod(m): 2:30pm On Sep 24, 2018
IchBinBrait:

My broda shey ur own na Ph.D, me na Masters sef.. I don't wanna do it in this country.
I did my Masters 2015@ unilag. Though good.Finished less than 12months even with a high PhD grade. While there I discovered lots of errors in the system.Nigeria is still 300 years behind others in science & technology. My friend @ ABU is stl there 3years on his masters. So frustrating. I won't advice anyone to venture into masters in any Nigerian school except unilag & UI...... If na PhD pls run from any naija sch..Can you imagine same unilag,I saw a PhD student of 6 years stl coming to prof for correction naso I de shake head inside me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Azeez Ahmad Tijani Breaks University Of Ilorin First-Class Record After 38-Years / My Secondary School Chemistry Students Made This Salt / Top 10 Methods Of Exam. Malpractice In Nigerian Higher Institutions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.