Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,148 members, 7,825,588 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University (36815 Views)

Rose-Margaret Ekeng-Itua: World’s First Black Female Ph.d Holder In Cybernetics / My Sister Just Bagged Her Ph.d From OAU Am So Happy (pictures). / Anambra University Lecturer Appears In Ph.d Class As ‘Transgender’ (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 22, 2018
Its better for you to go to U. S, Europe, China or even the Middle East to obtain M. Sc rather than doing a PhD in anything science or technology related in Nigeria except ofcourse PhD in like the core sciences like Mathematics, computer sciences etc that only require an innovative brain and hard work. Once it involves anything like apparatus, better free it and go into farming (Im being sarcastic). Even our health minister said so.
Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by wosley(m): 9:37pm On Sep 22, 2018
That lab looks like chemistry department lab futo
Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by chiefolododo(m): 9:38pm On Sep 22, 2018
You won do PhD you come dey do am for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 22, 2018
Millenniumlady:
Sorry you're a public property areagirls cheesy and I'm not one of them I'll pass cheesy
Kai, you for dey diplomatic a bit nah.
Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by stagger: 9:39pm On Sep 22, 2018
At least when Covenant University is charging the school fees they are charging, you know what you are paying for: quality education, not the BS we see in public universities.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by nuggarito: 9:40pm On Sep 22, 2018
Great, but the truth of the fact is that no matter the position you've held or about to, you can never be highly respected as that of a married woman in Nigeria.

A woman without a husband is nothing to the Nigerian society. Please no one should quote me especially feminist, its just an opinion.
Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 22, 2018
enemmo:
In 100 level physics, we had a lab experiment to determine the refractive index of a transparent object(angle of refraction) or so. There were many methods including the use of a machine. The Lab instructor warned us not to touch the equipment as there was only 1 functioning in the whole Uni. So we just went in groups of 5, inspected the machine and went out..and then wrote reports. That day was one of the worst days in my life.
Private Universities have better facilities and access to practicals.

Funny enough I and my classmates carried out that same experiment you mentioned and a host of others during my secondary school days because we had a functioning physics, chemistry and biology laboratories.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by Newboss(m): 9:41pm On Sep 22, 2018
Eponyeeboz:
A Nigerian lady completed her PhD, dumb girls won't tap into that blessing.

A Nigerian dumb prostitute gets a car from a married man, dumb ladies would be rushing to tap into the 'blessing'.

That's why most of them are walking corpses, they have exchanged their destinies for iPhone 4 and meat pie.
If you wey type this don't have PhD, then you should kill yourself ASAP. angry

1 Like

Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by myettiallah: 9:43pm On Sep 22, 2018
Smile4daddy:
Pls anybody with the correct scores from Osun state election yet?
Over 2.5.
Thank me later
Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by Jamesayo: 9:45pm On Sep 22, 2018
Nigeria and research are negatively correlated...
Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 22, 2018
I know her, Chinwe by name. We served together. The University is University of Calabar!!!
Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 22, 2018
OK
Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by ubox: 9:48pm On Sep 22, 2018
anochuko01:
lol, pure science is nigeria? na scam joor.
poorly funded labs and research centres all over the country.
She try sha
Covenant University's own is not bad

1 Like

Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 22, 2018
It’s University of Calabar, Institute of Oceanography

wosley:
That lab looks like chemistry department lab futo
Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by Eponyeeboz: 9:57pm On Sep 22, 2018
Newboss:
If you wey type this don't have PhD, then yo undecided lipsrsealed[sub][/sub]u sho0uld kill yourself ASAP. angry

And if I have a PhD, you should go and kill yourself na.

1 Like

Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by Elliot2(m): 10:02pm On Sep 22, 2018
Millenniumlady:
Sorry you're a public property areagirls cheesy and I'm not one of them I'll pass cheesy
ur color
Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by Deji63: 10:05pm On Sep 22, 2018
Beauty and brains. Like my woman.
Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by NoToPile: 10:08pm On Sep 22, 2018
Lool and lool.

That's how I used bucket fitted with tap( the type these local ogi grinders use as water source for their grinding machines) with iced block inside as my water source for the soxhlet extractor angry . You just have to sit with it and then we recycle the water(you collect it back in another bucket and pour back into the one that acts as water source grin) When one of our lecturers that did his phd in south Africa came and saw what we were doing he said he normally sets it up goes and come back we were like shocked

Go ke when NEPA might take light and the heater you are using goes off or if water does not run again nko?

In a sane environment you should just connect the water inlet hose directly to the tap and the outlet hose to the sink.

Since all things are not equal you will use months to extract what should take you weeks. If there's no light you can't extract, no water same thing. Once it's 4 lab people will want to lock up.
Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by Jaqenhghar: 10:10pm On Sep 22, 2018
This shithole again
Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by bjtinz: 10:15pm On Sep 22, 2018
Eponyeeboz:

A Nigerian dumb prostitute gets a car from a married man, dumb ladies would be rushing to tap into the 'blessing'.

That's why most of them are walking corpses, they have exchanged their destinies for iPhone 4 and meat pie.

Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by homesteady(m): 10:18pm On Sep 22, 2018
Somebody said she has finished the practical in her mind, na only real life remain grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by Iskra: 10:19pm On Sep 22, 2018
I can't duff my hat enough for you, your work and determination. PhD anywhere needs a lot of determination and the lady has got it. Just finished my PhD in automatic control and was a pleasant experience overall. If the lady here needs some automation ideas for her work.
Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by LiveWireForum: 10:25pm On Sep 22, 2018
Nigerian education nah scam. But God pass some people
Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by Nobody: 10:36pm On Sep 22, 2018
Dacronym:
Eeyah I'm loving Airtel abeg
why
Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by dingbang(m): 10:37pm On Sep 22, 2018
Eponyeeboz:

example.. Millenniumlady
Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by cheta02(m): 10:37pm On Sep 22, 2018
Nobi today na
Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by Asour: 10:40pm On Sep 22, 2018
tstx:
Nigeria is gone na... Every realist know this

None Nigerians dont know how lucky they are.

see my signature
'Non Nigerians? Not all non Nigerians are in swell situations oh.
Nigeria (as bad as it is/appears) is a heaven of sorts to so many living conditions across the world.

1 Like

Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by beninfo3: 10:43pm On Sep 22, 2018
Iskra:
I can't duff my hat enough for you, your work and determination. PhD anywhere needs a lot of determination and the lady has got it. Just finished my PhD in automatic control and was a pleasant experience overall. If the lady here needs some automation ideas for her work.
inbox your contact so someone can reach if the need for auomation arises
Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by fratermathy(m): 10:43pm On Sep 22, 2018
Ejiod:
When I'm not mad to do PhD in Nigeria. God forbid..Lecturers that Dont update their Operating system talk less of infrastructure.

Don't blame the lecturers. They are also victims of the Nigerian situation. How can a lecturer impart knowledge effectively without infrastructure, handsome renumeration and motivation?

While I agree that there are alot of bad eggs in the system (who got there through the backdoor), the overwhelming majority of Nigerian lecturers actually mean well but are constrained by the inadequacies of the system we have all found ourselves.
Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by Uyi168: 10:59pm On Sep 22, 2018
Millenniumlady:
It's a compliment......e.g go girl
that word is derogatory...
Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by CAPSLOCKED: 11:12pm On Sep 22, 2018
Uyi168:
that word is derogatory...

I NEED YOU TO KNOW THAT YOU'RE CONVERSATING WITH A COMMON TOUT.
Re: Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University by Baroba(m): 11:20pm On Sep 22, 2018
Pack that thing up and come to Europe, na here you talent get value..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Azeez Ahmad Tijani Breaks University Of Ilorin First-Class Record After 38-Years / The difference between 'Goodluck' and 'Good luck' / My Secondary School Chemistry Students Made This Salt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.