Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See (56501 Views)

Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai / Governor Sanwo-Olu Begins Patching And Rehabilitation Of Bad Roads In Lagos / Makarfi Weeps Over Bad Roads In S-east. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by kingreign(m): 1:06pm On Sep 25, 2018
amaniro:

itu road to calabar not a federal road?! I travel a lot, the worst ave seen this year is lokoja, ajaokuta road
Stop talking with bias. I visit Uyo very often and as a matter of fact, I can tell you, I just passed thru Nelson Mandela road. Its an eye sore.
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by melanch(m): 1:06pm On Sep 25, 2018
OldBeer:
Why? Na corpers dey enjoy that side o. You no follow chop oil money? You for meet people to show you the way.
They post me inside one village.
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by GavelSlam: 1:32pm On Sep 25, 2018
JamesonJay:

U know the Uyo story wella. I stayed at uruekpa for 3yrs as a student of Uniuyo back then. I can even see my former compound just after church road in dat pix. nt dat de road is bad, but d problem is flood as no good water channel in dat place. water can stay dia 4 like 3 months b4 it can dry up. water entered my house uncountable no of time.

in Uyo Omo if u no b politician or pastor omo I no know hw u one take blow. every body na SA to SA to another senior SA. Utown boiz dey hustle for political post 4 skul like say 2moro no dey. the rest youth na keke drivers. I even heard dat a 1st class Accounting graduate was hustling keke.

But why does the federal government get lampooned for providing Npower, loans to petty traders and even heftier loans to farmers?
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by Mankosi: 1:39pm On Sep 25, 2018
Who's this talking trash. Is the best u can post? If that's the case then Akwa Ibom is better than US.
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by Geepy10(m): 1:47pm On Sep 25, 2018
candygist:

During akpabio time I can boastfully tell you that akwa ibome was the best state in south south. Akpabio made IBOM a London in Nigeria
Thank you my Brother.. Akapbio made Akwa Ibom to be known throughout Africa and the world by constructing an international stadium. That's just one of his many legacies

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by Xano(m): 1:56pm On Sep 25, 2018
amaniro:

itu road to calabar not a federal road?! I travel a lot, the worst ave seen this year is lokoja, ajaokuta road

The road is network dead zone. Due to it's terrible state, for about twenty-five to thirty minutes, no MTN, Airtel, Glo network service around there, from the bridge through the Company West Africa Ceramics (alongside the road) onwards.
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by yaki84: 2:01pm On Sep 25, 2018
DankemzI:

Bros have you seen the quality and quantity of work that is going on in Ebonyi State? Can you compare the Ebonyi state allocation with Akwa Ibom? If Eng. Dave Umahi can perform so much with so little made available to him, imagine if he had A'Ibom funds that Udom is shielding from investment
can u show me the quality n quantity pls.
lemme see it too
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by Xano(m): 2:06pm On Sep 25, 2018
Governor Udom should improve on what Ex Governor Akpanio did. Some interconnecting roads to Uyo need to be reengineered.
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by yaki84: 2:21pm On Sep 25, 2018
mrvitalis:

I'm from IMO state but have my investment in uyo ..so I contribute to this state
udom isnt trying but he is 100percent better than akpabio.

give udom the same monies akpabio recieved for 8yrs then u will see that there is difference between goat n ram.
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by mrvitalis(m): 2:56pm On Sep 25, 2018
yaki84:

udom isnt trying but he is 100percent better than akpabio.

give udom the same monies akpabio recieved for 8yrs then u will see that there is difference between goat n ram.
White the over 800bn udom has recived oga just name one "major " project has he done in uyo?

It's just simple... You go to eket you can see akapbio project, uyo you can see same, abak same, ibono same, ikot ekpene do I need to say that?

Oga point one major project udom has done anywhere apart from eket

In Uyo from itam park to uniuyo permanent site what has he done

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by neonly: 2:57pm On Sep 25, 2018
Season of propaganda make I sit down they watch

Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by candygist: 2:58pm On Sep 25, 2018
Kennydoc:

Do you know how much Akpabio's government got during the years, especially when you remember the states then shared excess crude savings? Do you also know Akwa Ibom is one of the most indebted states today because of the numerous loans Akpabio took?
You should understand that many states now are struggling to pay salaries and still stay afloat. The state of things in Akwa Ibom now cannot be as it was during the reign of Akpabio, if we're to be sincere to ourselves.

Yes we know. But still give him some accolade. Many other government would have taking all those loans and revenue without giving back to the state . Look at a state like delta for example . With the kind of allocation delta state get, you can't find one meaningful project from delta state government .
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by Kennydoc(m): 3:04pm On Sep 25, 2018
candygist:

Yes we know. But still give him some accolade. Many other government would have taking all those loans and revenue without giving back to the state . Look at a state like delta for example . With the kind of allocation delta state get, you can't find one meaningful project from delta state government .

Delta is just a hopeless state. Imagine that a state like Ebonyi doesn't earn up to a quarter of what Delta earns, but there are more government projects in Ebonyi than Delta. Delta and Bayelsa are 2 Niger Delta states that have nothing to show for the huge allocation they receive.
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by candygist: 3:07pm On Sep 25, 2018
Kennydoc:

Delta is just a hopeless state. Imagine that a state like Ebonyi doesn't earn up to a quarter of what Delta earns, but there are more government projects in Ebonyi than Delta. Delta and Bayelsa are 2 Niger Delta states that have nothing to show for the huge allocation they receive.

Now that's my point . Some government officials are greedy but still give back little (Akapabio). And some politicians are greedy and still give back Nothing (okowa) with all the oil money
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by Ositace(m): 3:22pm On Sep 25, 2018
amaniro:

I guess u've not seen jebba-mokwa road, which connects kwara state to Niger state
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by Tochukwu3197: 3:40pm On Sep 25, 2018
Lol, dis wan beta naa,u gats kom Abia state, Kom see
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by yaki84: 3:41pm On Sep 25, 2018
mrvitalis:

White the over 800bn udom has recived oga just name one "major " project has he done in uyo?

It's just simple... You go to eket you can see akapbio project, uyo you can see same, abak same, ibono same, ikot ekpene do I need to say that?

800billion from who?
i hate speculation.
if u gat the link to this 800billion thingy kindly show it here or get the Bleep outta here.
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by mrvitalis(m): 3:48pm On Sep 25, 2018
yaki84:

800billion from who?
i hate speculation.
if u gat the link to this 800billion thingy kindly show it here or get the Bleep outta here.
What's the monthly allocation of akwa ibom every month it's over 8bn monthly and the local government gets close to that that's around 15bn to 20bn every month....

Akwa ibom receives total of over 200bn in a year... They are the highest in Nigeria multiple that by 4 what do you get

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by mrvitalis(m): 3:52pm On Sep 25, 2018
yaki84:

800billion from who?
i hate speculation.
This is only allocation not to add I internal generated revenues

Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 25, 2018
Shelumiel:
...and what did Godswill do for you people ?
are you kiddin or merely trying to be stupid? what happened to maintenance and continuity? The most successful governor since the history of AKS is Akpabio. Use the internet wisely by researching.

Ask akwa ibom residents, they educate you accordingly.
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by yaki84: 4:05pm On Sep 25, 2018
mrvitalis:
This is only allocation not to add I internal generated revenues
i thougt u said 800billion naira. where the remaining ones?

r u aware udom is paying debts akpabio n attah left behind?
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by joe120120(m): 4:05pm On Sep 25, 2018
DankemzI:
See Photos That Akwa Ibom State Government Don't Want You To See

Hurray A'Ibom is 31
We've Come a long way.....

From on shore/ Offshore oil dichotomy,

To the oil Boom Era of Uncommon Transformation....!

From Uncommon Transformation to the Industrialisation Era!

Sadly all the Industrialization is happening in 1 Local government(Onna L.G.A) out of the 31 L.G.A of the State.

This is the Industrialization in my Area....
Who is deceiving who?
#UruaEkpaRoad
#FixUruaEkpaRoad
#WePayTaxToo
#HighestOilProducer

Reality on ground, no 3D effects
True State of things forget the Media hype
#UdomIsWorking
#A'Ibom@31

The government has forgotten about Urua Ekpa!
Abeg make we shun partial and cosmetic Industrialization and start from the Roots,
If not Boys go still de drive keke with Bsc/MSc.
Because half bread is better than egg roll

Pls ask NDDC to do the need
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by yaki84: 4:10pm On Sep 25, 2018
mrvitalis:

What's the monthly allocation of akwa ibom every month it's over 8bn monthly and the local government gets close to that that's around 15bn to 20bn every month....

Akwa ibom receives total of over 200bn in a year... They are the highest in Nigeria multiple that by 4 what do you get

bros when udom came in crude oil price dropped between 20 n 28dolls per barrel. can u compare monies that will be shared then n now that crude oil is at its peak of 78dolls per barrel?
like i said doing business is diff from politics.
be inform so u wont be misinform.
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by ubox: 4:18pm On Sep 25, 2018
Shelumiel:
Oga, Akapbio did nothing. It is a fact we all acknowledge (except you want to deceive yourself ).
Maybe your definition of nothing is different from what we all know
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by Shelumiel: 4:31pm On Sep 25, 2018
Lucid1:
are you kiddin or merely trying to be stupid? what happened to maintenance and continuity? The most successful governor since the history of AKS is Akpabio. Use the internet wisely by researching.

Ask akwa ibom residents, they educate you accordingly.
Your love for corruption has blinded you for remembering the Meridian scandal were Akpabio not only looted your state and it's resources dry, but also engaged in building brothels and luxury mansions worth millions of naira .
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by Shelumiel: 4:32pm On Sep 25, 2018
ubox:

Maybe your definition of nothing is different from what we all know
Oga, it seems you are having trouble following the discussion. Why not step aside and let others who are following talk
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 25, 2018
Shelumiel:
Your love for corruption has blinded you for remembering the Meridian scandal were Akpabio not only looted your state and it's resources dry, but also engaged in building brothels and luxury mansions worth millions of naira .

I'm not from Akwa Ibom oga.

That He looted money and empowered himself and AkwaIbomites doesn't mean he failed as governor.

Everything I said are facts.

That's all you could come up with? Brothels, mansions and Le Meridian SMH.

The airport, stadium, innumerable roads and bridges he built are all legendary. Akpabio overachieved as governor. His flaws were that he was too openhanded and of course the looting, which no public servant is a saint to.

So get your facts right.

In case you've forgotten what you posted, it was what did Akpabio do for you people?

Research before you post trash next time.

FYI, Akpabio's rejuvenated airport single handedly cornered almost all air traffic from Calabar airport.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by Shelumiel: 4:41pm On Sep 25, 2018
Lucid1:

I'm not from Akwa Obim oga.

That He looted money and empowered himself and AkwaIbomites doesn't mean he failed as governor.

Everything I said are facts.
...empowered what ? Is it those half-completed projects ....or the building of self-owned properties ? Is that the fact you so openly talk about? It seems you do not even know what Akapbio did the state he governed .
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 25, 2018
Shelumiel:
...empowered what ? Is it those half-completed projects ....or the building of self-owned properties ? Is that the fact you so openly talk about? It seems you do not even know what Akapbio did the state he governed .

Half completed what? The hospital and LeMeridian abi?

What else?

What happened to continuity?

When Buhari government completed Jonathan's projects who died? Why can't the current government build on the good work he started? Y'all whine about virtually everything, even the good things. Just cos you want to discredit people you'll become blind to their good works.

Truth be told, that man touched thousands of lives, go to akwa Ibom and find out
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by yaki84: 4:50pm On Sep 25, 2018
mrvitalis:

comparing someone who led for 8yrs to someone who is trying to complete his first 4yr term.

i shake head for somepeople stewpeedity
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by Shelumiel: 4:53pm On Sep 25, 2018
Lucid1:

Half completed what? The hospital and LeMeridian abi?

What else?
Oga, a local-goverment chairman can build and complete a hospitals in 8years with his meager allocation. So how much more a governor ? And as for the Meridian issue , can you tell us if the amount used in its construction equals the amount allegedly siphoned by your Oga (Godswill Akapbio)?
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 25, 2018
Shelumiel:

No words for your ignorance bro, just take a trip to Akwa Ibom and ask for yourself. I visited before Akpabio and then during and after him, the guy performed way above par.

N/B:His government also enforced compulsory primary education for every Akwa Ibom child. That's selflessness. Peace

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wike Bans Nightclubs, Prostitution In Port Harcourt / Uwaila Omozuwa Rape: President Buhari Reacts, Directs Police To Fish Out Rapists / Aisha Buhari Donates Food & Medical Items To Kano (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.