Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,891 members, 7,821,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See (56502 Views)

Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai / Governor Sanwo-Olu Begins Patching And Rehabilitation Of Bad Roads In Lagos / Makarfi Weeps Over Bad Roads In S-east. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 25, 2018
Shelumiel:
Oga, a local-goverment chairman can build and complete a hospitals in 8years with his meager allocation. So how much more a governor ? And as for the Meridian issue , can you tell us if the amount used in its construction equals the amount allegedly siphoned by your Oga (Godswill Akapbio)?

Has your local govt chairman done anything close to that? Be there deceiving yourself. It's your type that will bad mouth their benefactor the day they stop giving you peanuts. Obviously you're blinded by hate.

Alarmists like you often lack objectivity. Roads are bad are you're dragging the former governor into it . That's utterly shameless
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by Shelumiel: 4:59pm On Sep 25, 2018
Lucid1:

Has your local govt chairman done anything close to that? Be there deceiving yourself. It's your type that will bad mouth their benefactor the day they stop giving you peanuts. Obviously you're blinded by hate.
Sir , I have nothing to gain in all this; I am just stating the obvious . But if you feel bitter about it , then ,I have no apologies for you. Peace
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by fancifulasuquo(m): 5:09pm On Sep 25, 2018
DankemzI:
See Photos That Akwa Ibom State Government Don't Want You To See

Hurray A'Ibom is 31
We've Come a long way.....

From on shore/ Offshore oil dichotomy,

To the oil Boom Era of Uncommon Transformation....!

From Uncommon Transformation to the Industrialisation Era!

Sadly all the Industrialization is happening in 1 Local government(Onna L.G.A) out of the 31 L.G.A of the State.

This is the Industrialization in my Area....
Who is deceiving who?
#UruaEkpaRoad
#FixUruaEkpaRoad
#WePayTaxToo
#HighestOilProducer

Reality on ground, no 3D effects
True State of things forget the Media hype
#UdomIsWorking
#A'Ibom@31

The government has forgotten about Urua Ekpa!
Abeg make we shun partial and cosmetic Industrialization and start from the Roots,
If not Boys go still de drive keke with Bsc/MSc.
Because half bread is better than egg roll

I once lived at that road, only to cum back from school (Uniuyo) to find my properties floating.....it destroyed some of my result/ documents too.....God bless u Mr poster !!!

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by mrvitalis(m): 5:38pm On Sep 25, 2018
yaki84:

comparing someone who led for 8yrs to someone who is trying to complete his first 4yr term.

i shake head for somepeople stewpeedity
In akpabio first 4 years... Flyovers was built... Roads completed ...project on going...

Dont you get the fact udom has not done major project in uyo since 2015.... If I'm wrong I dare you to say one
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by yaki84: 5:42pm On Sep 25, 2018
mrvitalis:

In akpabio first 4 years... Flyovers was built... Roads completed ...project on going...

Dont you get the fact udom has not done major project in uyo since 2015.... If I'm wrong I dare you to say one
is uyo the only local govt in akwaibom?

thought akpabio said uyo ado ok.
that means uyo doesnt need any more work
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by mrvitalis(m): 5:42pm On Sep 25, 2018
yaki84:

bros when udom came in crude oil price dropped between 20 n 28dolls per barrel. can u compare monies that will be shared then n now that crude oil is at its peak of 78dolls per barrel?
like i said doing business is diff from politics.
be inform so u wont be misinform.

Oga in 2016 he received 116b for state allocation not to talk about lga or internal generated revenues

2018 would surely be above 180bn

Have you ever been to enugu ?

They get less than 50bn a year

Back to the question name a single major project idom has done in uyo
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by yaki84: 5:45pm On Sep 25, 2018
mrvitalis:

Oga in 2016 he received 116b for state allocation not to talk about lga or internal generated revenues

2018 would surely be above 180bn

Have you ever been to enugu ?

They get less than 50bn a year

Back to the question name a single major project idom has done in uyo

so its now down to 118billion.how much was expended on loan servicing?
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by mrvitalis(m): 5:45pm On Sep 25, 2018
yaki84:

is uyo the only local govt in akwaibom?

thought akpabio said uyo ado ok.
that means uyo doesnt need any more work
U must be from eket zone
I'm from IMO... The reason why I invest millions in uyo is cause of akpabio

Tropicana was a project that could happen e transformed uyo

Have you drived along four lane recently? ...ibb? In nwaniba close to hospital

Ring road 3 and 4 would have opened up uyo

But nothing

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by mrvitalis(m): 5:46pm On Sep 25, 2018
yaki84:

You tell me
Oga udom has no excuse oga
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by yaki84: 5:47pm On Sep 25, 2018
mrvitalis:

U must be from eket zone
I'm from IMO... The reason why I invest millions in uyo is cause of akpabio

Tropicana was a project that could happen e transformed uyo

Have you drived along four lane recently? ...ibb? In nwaniba close to hospital

Ring road 3 and 4 would have opened up uyo

But nothing
so what stopped tropicana from coming up? is it udom too?
am from ikono. ikono is part of ikot ekpene senatorial district.
dnt knw whether u know any other place apart from uyo
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by mrvitalis(m): 5:50pm On Sep 25, 2018
yaki84:

Rivers state owes almost same as akwa ibom
Received less allocation but wike is working

Udom has no excuse

Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by mrvitalis(m): 5:51pm On Sep 25, 2018
yaki84:

so what stopped tropicana from coming up? is it udom too?
am from ikono. ikono is part of ikot ekpene senatorial district.
dnt knw whether u know any other place apart from uyo
No I'm to blame for Tropicana

Jonathan did wrong negotiation for Nigeria rail way... Buhari negotiated again and started the project

Udom has no excuse

I know only people from eket zone support him
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by yaki84: 5:53pm On Sep 25, 2018
[quote author=mrvitalis post=71521217]
Rivers state owes almost same as akwa ibom
Received less allocation but wike is working

Udom has no excuse [/quote
u compare rivers with much more miltinational companoes to akwaibom with just sevens energy n mobil?

bobo abeg abeg..... go talk with ur mate
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by mrvitalis(m): 5:55pm On Sep 25, 2018
[quote author=yaki84 post=71521295][/quote]
Can you state facts... How much was used to service the loan... I bet you it's not more than 15bn

Oga again udom has no excuse
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by yaki84: 6:00pm On Sep 25, 2018
mrvitalis:

No I'm to blame for Tropicana

Jonathan did wrong negotiation for Nigeria rail way... Buhari negotiated again and started the project

Udom has no excuse

I know only people from eket zone support him
so people supporting nsima ekere r from which zone?

did u hear what akpabio told ben bruce after he accused akpabio of nass invasion?
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by mrvitalis(m): 6:12pm On Sep 25, 2018
yaki84:

so people supporting nsima ekere r from which zone?

did u hear what akpabio told ben bruce after he accused akpabio of nass invasion?
Bruce did not scam akpabio he scammed akwa ibom udom should be the one fighting that fight

But oga oh

You haven't given me an excuse why udom a governor that receives 180bn per year has not done a major project in the state capital

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by yaki84: 6:17pm On Sep 25, 2018
mrvitalis:

Bruce did not scam akpabio he scammed akwa ibom udom should be the one fighting that fight

But oga oh

You haven't given me an excuse why udom a governor that receives 180bn per year has not done a major project in the state capital
hmmmmmm
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by Biggcake: 6:42pm On Sep 25, 2018
amaniro:

I don't know uyo, but I know calabar very well. What will you now say of my state the center of bad roads. Abia state. I figured out the problem. Sometimes it's the contractors that don't build good plan for the road there by causing it not to last long or using substandard material. You're in uyo, you should know that ikot ekpene road. Road is bad, congested and almost cutting away. I blame present, past FG

They said, keep quiet, but you are still talking.

You really have nothing to say dude.
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by Shino444(m): 7:02pm On Sep 25, 2018
Shelumiel:
...and what did Godswill do for you people i?

Because God'swill didn't perform this present government shouldn't?
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by everbliss: 7:05pm On Sep 25, 2018
I am an Akwa ibomite and I have lived at urua ekpa during my time at Uniuyo. Trust me the folk who posted this stuff is barking on a wrong tree. Hold idongesit ituena the guy representing itu at the state house of assembly. Urua ekpa and it's environs have got elites. What are they doing? Instead of fixing the road they've packed out of the vicinity. Even the owner of the depicted building built another house far away from urua ekpa. Stop slandering Udom. Akpabio never fixed it. If your so called elites present the situation to Udom he will do it.
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by Gerrard59(m): 7:13pm On Sep 25, 2018
Unfortunately, most of the posters argued illogically and the thread is filled with conjectures. No doubt, Akwa Ibom has some of Nigeria's best roads using Nigerian standards, there has been poor maintenance and lack of foresight regarding further expansion by Udom E. The Itu Road and "swimming pool" IBB Way near the state's secretariat are examples of of Udom's docile nature towards maintenance of basic infrastructure. Let's not forget other LGAs that need infrastructure; Etinan, Ibesikpo, Mbu etc.

Additionally, the so-called Ibom Power Plant does nothing to assuage the poor electricity supply in the state thereby starving businesses (supermarkets, hair salons, beer parlous, tailoring shops, pharmacies, restaurants, relaxation parks etc.) of needed electricity. This increases the cost of doing business in the state and the businesses I listed employ the highest percentage of Akwa Ibomites, quite unfortunately. I have never considered government building factories as a good thing - which truthfully is not - as the Nigerian government is largely incompetent when managing companies - NEPA, NITEL, Air Nigeria etc.

Unfortunately, these factors have made Akwa Ibomites especially the males to possess low purchasing power mainly as a result of the high unemployment rate in the state. The population of the mini buses has ballooned astronomically within the past few years which attests to the assertion that under(un)employment has ravaged my brothers thereby increasing the number of the forlorn faces across the state. However, and surprisingly, the lasses look radiant and beautiful, as always. How they maintain their pulchritude, I don't know.

It's pertinent that something been done about the low, unvaried and non-private driven investments into the state. Akwa Ibom needs factories and quickly.
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by Gerrard59(m): 7:15pm On Sep 25, 2018
everbliss:
I am an Akwa ibomite and I have lived at urua ekpa during my time at Uniuyo. Trust me the folk who posted this stuff is barking on a wrong tree. Hold idongesit ituena the guy representing itu at the state house of assembly. Urua ekpa and it's environs have got elites. What are they doing? Instead of fixing the road they've packed out of the vicinity. Even the owner of the depicted building built another house far away from urua ekpa. Stop slandering Udom. Akpabio never fixed it. If your so called elites present the situation to Udom he will do it.

When one reads a post like this and study the reasoning behind it, you have to agree that they deserve whatever they pass through.

Nsuto nfana idom?! The reasoning is ridiculous! So because certain elites couldn't/didn't construct the road, Udom should do same?
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by Gerrard59(m): 7:24pm On Sep 25, 2018
JamesonJay:

U know the Uyo story wella. I stayed at uruekpa for 3yrs as a student of Uniuyo back then. I can even see my former compound just after church road in dat pix. nt dat de road is bad, but d problem is flood as no good water channel in dat place. water can stay dia 4 like 3 months b4 it can dry up. water entered my house uncountable no of time.

in Uyo Omo if u no b politician or pastor omo I no know hw u one take blow. every body na SA to SA to another senior SA. Utown boiz dey hustle for political post 4 skul like say 2moro no dey. the rest youth na keke drivers. I even heard dat a 1st class Accounting graduate was hustling keke.

I can understand the chronic ignorance regarding career development in the state, however, I cannot understand the absurd lassitude displayed by my folks.

WTF is a first class graduate in accounting doing with Keke? angry
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by everbliss: 7:30pm On Sep 25, 2018
[quote author=Gerrard59 post=71523325]

When one reads a post like this and study the reasoning behind it, you have to agree that they deserve whatever they pass through.

Nsuto nfana idom?! The reasoning is ridiculous! So because certain elites couldn't/didn't construct the road, Udom should do same?

Read d post again young man.
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by Gerrard59(m): 7:46pm On Sep 25, 2018
[quote author=everbliss post=71523672][/quote]

I ask again, so because certain Itu elites didn't/couldn't construct the road, then Udom should do same?
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by everbliss: 8:08pm On Sep 25, 2018
Gerrard59:

I ask again, so because certain Itu elites didn't/couldn't construct the road, then Udom should do same?

If the road is brought to his notice why not? My problem is the elites are not pushing for it.
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by Gerrard59(m): 8:09pm On Sep 25, 2018
everbliss:

If the road is brought to his notice why not? My problem is the elites are not pushing for it.

Udom is a pleb then.

Regards.
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by Nobody: 7:42am On Dec 22, 2018
Akpabio failed as a governor with the allocation he received. He didn't build one industry, not one. He was only interested in stealing. Now this one has become governor and has tried to build a couple of industries but he doesn't seem to know his left from his right.
None of them bothered about human development only interested in stealing.
The reality is that like Lagos, only one party can win the election there.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by kinguwem: 9:20am On Dec 26, 2020
fratermathy:
I can personally verify the claims here and I'm not even an Akwa Ibomite (so as not to say I'm being partisan). Roads such as Udoette, Itu, Nelson Mandela, Urua Ekpa, and many others in the Itam axis are 100% terrible. These are not slums or villages. They form a central part of Uyo city. Infact, the University of Uyo campus in the city center directly borders on these roads.

Sometime ago, some contractors came to repair Nelson Mandela Road, and even made moves to tar a street off the road but after busybodying for some weeks, they abandoned the project.

Note that: Gov. Udom has been tarring roads in other parts of the city (notably the Oron road axis). However, he seems to be defiant on repairing the roads in the Itam axis. These are major roads which visitors may see and they don't tell good of the giant strides Akwa Ibom State has made. If only I could snap the roads here. What the OP posted is just a tip of the iceberg as he didn't snap the major roads. Itu Road is so bad that motorists have to take a longer route just to avoid the bad spots. These roads do not even need repairs or patching. They need complete overlay.

The road problem in the Itam axis of Uyo also manifests in the electricity supply. The outages and load shedding in the Itam axis is so bad that one cannot help but wonder how it got from being one of the best in Nigeria to its abysmal state.

The problem is political. Even when Akpabio was the Governor, it was the same issue.
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by blamingthedevil: 12:11am On Jul 17, 2021
amaniro:
This OP ehn . Every city has a slum. Are you jealous!? this looks like a typical village sef ooh my God! did i hear you mention paris club fund? ooh Jesus
Re: Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See by nesphil(m): 3:22pm On Aug 08, 2022
The best response to insult is result they say...

The 9.5km, 10 Lane Ring road Three Project-Idongesit Nkanga Avenue, is a product of a visionary Governor, Mr. Udom Emmanuel, and was executed by a homegrown contractor to become one of the best super highways in Nigeria.
#UdomIsWorking
#AkwaIbomIsRising

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wike Bans Nightclubs, Prostitution In Port Harcourt / Uwaila Omozuwa Rape: President Buhari Reacts, Directs Police To Fish Out Rapists / Aisha Buhari Donates Food & Medical Items To Kano (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.