Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,887 members, 7,814,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Nine(9) Things To Tell Yourself When You’re Afraid To End A Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nine(9) Things To Tell Yourself When You’re Afraid To End A Relationship (282 Views)

'You’ll Die Single If You’re Afraid Of Destroying Someone Else’s Relationship' / ‘You’ll Die Single If You’re Afraid To Destroy People’s Relationships’ – Lady / Nine (9) Mistakes Most Ladies Make But Do Not Know. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nine(9) Things To Tell Yourself When You’re Afraid To End A Relationship by don9ja4: 8:19am On Sep 24, 2018
“F-E-A-R has two meanings: ‘Forget Everything And Run’ or ‘Face Everything And Rise.’ The choice is yours.” ~Zig Ziglar

No matter how old I get, no matter how experienced I become, ending a relationship is agonizing.

It represents a loss, and losses hurt.

Deep down, I know if I go through with it, I’ll feel freer—well, not right away, but in a little while anyway—but I’d rather crawl under a rock and ignore the whole thing.

When I was a teen, I went out with a guy who had a major crush on me, although I wasn’t attracted to him. After four months, I wanted out, so I completely disappeared! I ignored all of his phone calls, and that was the end of it.

Another time, I hoped that my boyfriend would cheat on me and get caught so I could find a good enough reason to end things, which eventually happened. And in my twenties, since I lived with my boyfriends, I would just keep quiet, letting things drag on. Cowardly thing to do, huh? Yeah, I know.

Later, I realized that I disliked conflict. I was afraid of it. I was afraid of the disappointment it would cause in them and in myself. And most of all, I was afraid of failure.

Today, I’m no break-up wizard. Trust me. It’ll always be hard. But with time, I developed a few thoughts to give me strength to truly voice my unhappiness in my relationships, and they should help you too.

CONTINUE READING

Source:http://www.don9ja.com.ng/2018/08/06/nine9-things-to-tell-yourself-when-youre-afraid-to-end-a-relationship/

(1) (Reply)

Join SITROTICS For Love, Romance Hookup And More / Bleep Or Love Making, Which One Is Correct? / Jumia Black Friday Shopping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.