Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling (26460 Views)

What Is That English Spelling That Doesn't Make Sense To You? / The Right English Word For “K Leg” And Other Facts You Need To Know / Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by gentle007(m): 8:13am On Sep 25, 2018
Choir
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by joshrare(m): 8:14am On Sep 25, 2018
mine is use..... it ought to be yuse

1 Like

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by hush15: 8:17am On Sep 25, 2018
Les:
Bouquet, should it not be bookay? undecided
Honor, it should be allNor
Honest, it should be AllNest
And so on tongue

bouquet is an english word? its french.
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by hollywater: 8:18am On Sep 25, 2018
Mines is yoghurt. It shouldn't have been yougot.

1 Like

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by olurili(m): 8:19am On Sep 25, 2018
Genres instead of jones
haier instead of haya

1 Like

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by jamace(m): 8:22am On Sep 25, 2018
Champagne = Champain grin
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by firdouz: 8:28am On Sep 25, 2018
Mine is "ewe"...it should have been "you"
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by mycar: 8:28am On Sep 25, 2018
I wonder why the past participle of put is not putin or puten.
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by enitey(f): 8:28am On Sep 25, 2018
Phoenix......Finix�
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by treshilicious: 8:29am On Sep 25, 2018
exlink10:
English is not our mother-tongue but yet it is Nigeria official language since we were colonised by the British. Which make it normal for us as Nigerians to question some spellings in English language.

Apart from being the hardest course I have ever known, often time, you hear how an English word is pronounced but when you see the spelling, you will wonder how and why is been pronounced the way it is.

Our question; name that English word you totally disagree with its spelling.

More @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2018/09/name-that-english-word-you-totally.html

cc mynd44 lalasticlala missyb3 obinoscopy

mine is GMELINA

why not melina

1 Like

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by treshilicious: 8:31am On Sep 25, 2018
Marijuana would have been mariwana
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by SimSify(m): 8:33am On Sep 25, 2018
mine is LOUVRES how did they find this word for that glass why not LUVERS
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by Sinistami(m): 8:34am On Sep 25, 2018
Rough and Dough, Rough is pronounced Ruff while Dough is pronounced Doe. why not Duff. Eye is pronounced Ai like what the Hell! Why is it just Pronounced the way it is.
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by olaboy001(m): 8:36am On Sep 25, 2018
Suite why pronounce "sweet"?
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by pasydron(m): 8:38am On Sep 25, 2018
phlegm
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by TBerg01: 8:39am On Sep 25, 2018
fatomayo:
soldier
Mine is "queue" it should be "que"
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by Shegzy8(m): 8:39am On Sep 25, 2018
Island-eyeland

Isle-ile
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by Nobody: 8:40am On Sep 25, 2018
Why'd ennui be pronounced as /an-wee/? In view of this, it should be spelt as 'anwi' or the former should be pronounced as /hen-ui/. Also Bourgewa instead of Bourgeois.
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by TBerg01: 8:41am On Sep 25, 2018
exlink10:
English is not our mother-tongue but yet it is Nigeria official language since we were colonised by the British. Which make it normal for us as Nigerians to question some spellings in English language.

Apart from being the hardest course I have ever known, often time, you hear how an English word is pronounced but when you see the spelling, you will wonder how and why is been pronounced the way it is.

Our question; name that English word you totally disagree with its spelling.

More @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2018/09/name-that-english-word-you-totally.html

cc mynd44 lalasticlala missyb3 obinoscopy
queue
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by Press333(f): 8:41am On Sep 25, 2018
mine is conscience
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by Nobody: 8:47am On Sep 25, 2018
colonel
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by itchie: 8:48am On Sep 25, 2018
Choir
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by linsa01(m): 8:51am On Sep 25, 2018
Mine are awe and stipend.
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by busayochic: 8:56am On Sep 25, 2018
Candidate
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by Mbenny(m): 9:05am On Sep 25, 2018
centre
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by KosyJerry(m): 9:08am On Sep 25, 2018
Guess you are a full blooded Yoruba woman...
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by urose93(f): 9:09am On Sep 25, 2018
WRATH -
why on earth is this word pronounced as 'rót' instead of 'rat'

1 Like

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by makantemi(m): 9:11am On Sep 25, 2018
Itinerary
Loathe
Tsetsefly
Pneumonia

The pronunciation does not agree with their spellings.
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 25, 2018
Headache - Hedek
Suit - soot
Phase - Fez
Feign - fen
Business - Bizness
Busy - Bisi grin
Structure - Strockchor
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 25, 2018
Chasm, genre...

Chasm is pronounced kazim

Genre is pronounced Jonray...
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by Auxtin85(m): 9:15am On Sep 25, 2018
Czech, Psalm
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by Priye007(m): 9:17am On Sep 25, 2018
One. I think it should Wan.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Strike: FG Mulls Proscription Of ASUU / Danung Simtong Langchel Best Graduating Student Of Bingham University, Nasarawa / Winners Of The 2019 PZ Cussons Chemistry Challenge (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.