Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling (26462 Views)

What Is That English Spelling That Doesn't Make Sense To You? / The Right English Word For “K Leg” And Other Facts You Need To Know / Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by Auxtin85(m): 9:17am On Sep 25, 2018
Press333:
mine is conscience

I use to pronounce this as I spell before con-science
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by Certitude(m): 9:17am On Sep 25, 2018
urose93:
WRATH - why on earth is this word pronounced as 'rót' instead of 'rat'
ɹæθ. It's actually pronounced rath...
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by 3verblazing(m): 9:24am On Sep 25, 2018
Aisle. Like what the f*ck!!

1 Like

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by bluecircle470: 9:26am On Sep 25, 2018
Mine is LOUVRES actually is supposed to be LUVERS
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by bantudra: 9:29am On Sep 25, 2018
kiiikikikiki...i disagree with the ol language.....
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by bantudra: 9:29am On Sep 25, 2018
bluecircle470:
Mine is LOUVRES actually is supposed to be LUVERS

is that not a french word....??
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by bewla(m): 9:31am On Sep 25, 2018
id4sho:
CHAOS if you concur, hit like.
#BACKTODAURA
BYE
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by bluecircle470: 9:33am On Sep 25, 2018
Why BOUTIQUE why not BUTIK OR BUTEEK
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by kurlz(f): 9:34am On Sep 25, 2018
DCTEEJAY008:
Onomatopoeia. . . it should have been ONOMATOPIA grin
No it should be onometopayae
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by cocoberry(f): 9:35am On Sep 25, 2018
I have never seen anything as useless as the P in Pneumonia
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by AnanseK(m): 9:40am On Sep 25, 2018
Queue
Cough
Bizarre
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by Chimilito: 9:40am On Sep 25, 2018
English

Should be "Inglish"
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by mountlarry: 9:43am On Sep 25, 2018
One should be 'wan'
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 9:47am On Sep 25, 2018
Les:
Bouquet, should it not be bookay? undecided
Honor, it should be allNor
Honest, it should be AllNest
And so on tongue
so you pronounce the words Honor and honest as ALLnor and ALLnest instead of ORnor and ORnest?

Wawu... Slay kwin grin
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by Elwix007: 9:56am On Sep 25, 2018
words like buhari should b removed immediately from the dictionary....... I don't know if u are getting me??
if still it should b spelt "buhad" to avoid trouble......
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by akdjr(m): 9:58am On Sep 25, 2018
Murphy, physical, physics, psychology, phone, psalm etc
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by iluvdonjazzy: 10:02am On Sep 25, 2018
centre, it should be center.
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by meobizy(f): 10:07am On Sep 25, 2018
"Pronunciation"
There is "pronounce" which is vocalized as spelled. Pronunciation is a longer form so why is it not spelled the same but still voiced the same?
The word looks more like 'pro-nun-ciation' as opposed to the proper pronunciation.
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by bluecircle470: 10:07am On Sep 25, 2018
bantudra:

is that not a french word....??

But that’s the English spelling for it too. (Window louvres)
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by DavidEsq(m): 10:08am On Sep 25, 2018
Les:
Bouquet, should it not be bookay? undecided
Honor, it should be allNor
Honest, it should be AllNest
And so on tongue
Hanty that's a French word na. English borrowed it, the way Buhari borrowed money from china
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by meobizy(f): 10:10am On Sep 25, 2018
bluecircle470:
Why BOUTIQUE why not BUTIK OR BUTEEK
Booteek, nko?
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by DavidEsq(m): 10:10am On Sep 25, 2018
Earthbound:

Lalasticlala, this his ow you know ha Yoruba person.
I jus weak for th mata

Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by uvie66: 10:22am On Sep 25, 2018
Pneumonia.
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by hardeytarhyour(m): 10:22am On Sep 25, 2018
Doubt it should have been Daowt
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by markovnikoff001(m): 10:22am On Sep 25, 2018
Viscount: Pronounced /vaikount/
Ewe: Pronounced /Yu/
Gnu: Pronounced /Nu/
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by jiksman3: 10:26am On Sep 25, 2018
Aisle...... cry
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by Bamid1nonly: 10:34am On Sep 25, 2018
I just tire for English may we go learn French, Spanish or Portuguese the languages are straight � forward
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by UNDEEN: 10:35am On Sep 25, 2018
Mnemonic, Biscuit
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by jaymichael(m): 10:43am On Sep 25, 2018
Why should QUEUE be spelled thus, when it can just be spelt Q, it is just waste of 4 alphabets.
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by Ebere2020(m): 10:45am On Sep 25, 2018
Les:
Bouquet, should it not be bookay? undecided Honor, it should be allNor Honest, it should be AllNest And so on tongue
chai, who do you?
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by VisibleDreamz: 10:48am On Sep 25, 2018
One = 1
Re: Fun Time: Name That English Word You Totally Disagree With Its Spelling by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 25, 2018
One

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Strike: FG Mulls Proscription Of ASUU / Winners Of The 2019 PZ Cussons Chemistry Challenge (Photos) / Danung Simtong Langchel Best Graduating Student Of Bingham University, Nasarawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.