Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,190 members, 7,829,262 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? (5855 Views)

What Our Young Girls Are Degrading Into? [graphic Pics] / Is It Proper For Nigerian Guys To Toast A Lady On Social Media? / Toast A Girl/boy In 10 Words. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by slap1(m): 4:30am On Jul 08, 2010
I'm in my twenties and I've not 'toasted' a girl before, or even given it a thought. The girls I've had things with are always the ones who come to me with luv on their lips(not blowing any trumpet, the attraction is natural, they tell me). Now I met this girl in school who is slowly getting into me, we call each other now and then (and she kept in touch with me during the holiday to make sure we resumed the same day), but act a bit formal in class(though she'd be sure to stay around me all day). I believe she is waiting for me to take the bold step as the guy, but given my past experience, I think it's degrading to tell her how I feel. Is it?
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by Acidosis(m): 4:46am On Jul 08, 2010
We have the same experience. So I don't know
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by iice(f): 5:18am On Jul 08, 2010
It's not degrading. But then again, you do what feels natural and comfortable for you.
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by Iceugwa(m): 7:32am On Jul 08, 2010
And must downgrading for her to ask you out. Dont you think so
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by Nobody: 8:04am On Jul 08, 2010
Just man up and talk to her

aint nothing degrading bout that cool
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by double08(m): 8:49am On Jul 08, 2010
Whats degrading about askin a girl out?

@iice,how are we doing this morning?
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by Insanity(m): 10:33am On Jul 08, 2010
I was in your shoes 3wks ago.well, I told her how i felt and it changed everything.
d gurl dat usually call doesn't call anymore.i wuz d one calling her.
Somehw, i felt her feelings for me diminished.
B/4 i wuz d guy dat doesn't call n she complain dat am nt open.nw i told her my feelings n we don't talk anymore.i don't call.she doesn't call.soõ much tension and 'something i don't know' btw us nw. But your's(poster) might be different.think really hard,she might start to see you as Weak.make a decision and be ready for d consequences.
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by Agibecky: 11:36am On Jul 08, 2010
No toasting, no spooning, no smooching and no dating.

Asking a girl out starts with toasting, except she is a hawker, so you do not need to waste your time talking too much. Just show her the money.
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by William108(m): 11:57am On Jul 08, 2010
Not degrading ma "Guy in ur twenties". I once told a girl my mind and she "Change am for me". Telling me how she's dating another guy and all that crap. Since then, i dey change am for them. The attraction has to come all so naturally so we can both make moves on ourselves. I'm married now so make una no spoil me
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by Csc42554: 12:12pm On Jul 08, 2010
Guy first how old are you?
You still dey secondary school?

if you know you are small then wait till when you will be capable.
stupid post
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by jaybee3(m): 12:14pm On Jul 08, 2010
very very degrading. Give me her info and i will help u pass the message grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by violent(m): 12:18pm On Jul 08, 2010
fanscon:

Post your free classified ads at ING
Csc42554:

silly post

the dumbest posters of the day!
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by Csc42554: 12:25pm On Jul 08, 2010
@violent thank you mr i too sabi
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by 1stknight(m): 12:33pm On Jul 08, 2010
Csc42554:

silly post

u shuld av checkd his profile
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by Raimond(m): 12:39pm On Jul 08, 2010
It depends on what you would want to say to her.
I think all you need do is let her know you appreciate and admire her person and company.
No sex talk just yet, or you risk having a negative twist in the relationship, depending on her values.
Just keep things simple for now, and allow things fall into place naturally.
Good luck!
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by coschuks(m): 12:42pm On Jul 08, 2010
but, how come Ur name is slap1, abi na first one u tried to toast slap u. oh! bad experience. u better go read Ur book before u go fail for school, that's my advice.
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by DoubleN(m): 12:43pm On Jul 08, 2010
slap1:

I'm in my twenties and I've not 'toasted' a girl before, or even given it a thought. The girls I've had things with are always the ones who come to me with luv on their lips(not blowing any trumpet, the attraction is natural, they tell me). Now I met this girl in school who is slowly getting into me, we call each other now and then (and she kept in touch with me during the holiday to make sure we resumed the same day), but act a bit formal in class(though she'd be sure to stay around me all day). I believe she is waiting for me to take the bold step as the guy, but given my past experience, I think it's degrading to tell her how I feel. Is it?
Slap1 are you sure you are in ABSU?
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by 2sleek2NV(m): 12:44pm On Jul 08, 2010
guy, u r not d only one in that boat. i see no reason why a guy should toast a lady. we can be mutual friend and live our lives that way.
and when it comes to d relationship aspect, i believe things can be done based on understanding. you guy know u like/love each other take it from there and let it grow
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 08, 2010
slap1:

Ma guy u don straff am? If not wetin u dey wait 4? Straff am then tell am all the BS afterwards if she want snub U, then fine n good @ least u don mark register.
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by Ranoscky(m): 1:08pm On Jul 08, 2010
Every-every no be desame thing, just like @insanity said. . ."i told her my feelings n we don't talk anymore.i don't call.she doesn't call.soõ much tension and 'something i don't know' btw us nw. But your's(poster) might be different.think really hard,she might start to see you as Weak.make a decision and be ready for d consequences."  

To me it depends on how u and the gurl dey flow. if u know say she dey always dey by u all the time, then make u know say she herself don make up her mind say she want date u but she dey wait make u make first make move. but as i take dey do my own be say. . .such situation like this, i no go make move at all. the way wey both of us dey parol, we don toast each other be that, and b4 u know it, we don start to dey sweet dey go! but every-every no be desame O! mine fit click make ur's be fluke. but i think @Insanity has said it all by saying. . ."make a decision and be ready for d consequence!
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by phamoodoo: 1:26pm On Jul 08, 2010
why shud it be?
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 08, 2010
@ slap 1, u in your twenties, is that your toasting age or football age? grin grin grin anyway back to topic, why should it be degrading?, men do your thang
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by slap1(m): 2:08pm On Jul 08, 2010
iice:

It's not degrading. But then again, you do what feels natural and comfortable for you.
Beautiful. . .@Double N, I'm in ABSU, are u d school's gate-man?
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by slap1(m): 2:13pm On Jul 08, 2010
coschuks:

but, how come your name is slap1, abi na first one u tried to toast slap u. oh! bad experience. u better go read your book before u go fail for school, that's my advice.
failures are always obsessed about failure.
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by slap1(m): 2:14pm On Jul 08, 2010
coschuks:

but, how come your name is slap1, abi na first one u tried to toast slap u. oh! bad experience. u better go read your book before u go fail for school, that's my advice.
failures are always obsessed about failure.
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by lee007(m): 2:23pm On Jul 08, 2010
LOL, Slap1 my friend i cant believe you are the one saying this, LOL

Anyway i feel what ure saying, really guys do less toasting these days because the girls who l.ike you cant risk waiting for you to fall in line so they get you in line before you know it.

However, as to the girl in question i see GREEN light all over the place, there are serveral ways of belling the cat, depending on what she will appreciate, it might sound premedivial but you can start by writing her emotional notes(poems), if she is touched she will start a conversation about it and gbam! you can let the cat out of the bag. Its easier when the conversation in that direction starts from her of course with your note.

or simple bite the bullet by walking her back to her room/hostel/or whatever ask her what she has done to you that you cant spend time with anything or nyone else, she will proberdly ask what you men or just laugh it off, get serious and ask her as if its a serious issue, then tell her the rest, i can believe i am writing this, you know berra man, be a Man! cool
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by DoubleN(m): 2:23pm On Jul 08, 2010
slap1:

Beautiful. . .@Double N, I'm in ABSU, are u d school's gate-man?
If i was i would have taken you to the famous 'sanko' [/b]and giving you a good flogging!How can you be surrounded by all those pretty faces and you are scared of 'toasting'? Summon up courage my boy and stop being a woozy and let the lady know what is up on your mind (Dont say i love you sha  grin) before you delay too long and she ends up with your friend and all you can is [b]'Had i known'! .
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by slap1(m): 2:31pm On Jul 08, 2010
^^Sanko no dey fear me, lol. Are u in d skul? I'm in Hostel B,(300L, u get?).Cheers. @Odia, how about dat chic in Milano. . . . . ?
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by DoubleN(m): 2:34pm On Jul 08, 2010
slap1:

^^Sanko no dey fear me, lol. Are u in d skul? I'm in Hostel B,(300L, u get?).Cheers. @Odia, how about dat chic in Milano. . . . . ?
Ok o! I'm one of dem old soldiers,left in 06. Hostel C no far from you na,you can hone your skills there.
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by ebot64(m): 2:54pm On Jul 08, 2010
@Poster:

If you must own up and drop the toasting bomb shell, you must do it in such a way as not to decrease "her attraction-index for you" which for now I think is very high. Sometimes, the fact that you have not owned up on how you feel may be the life-blood of her attraction for you in the first place.

If you own up wrongly, it may simply mean something else to her, something like - "He is not such a big catch after all".

I guess what I want to say is "Toast her while not making her feel that you cant do without her"

And if she tries to pull away from you. Then use the reverse psychology skill of "pulling away even faster". Next thing you know, she is all over you again.

This is experience speaking (several)
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by Mahmed(m): 2:57pm On Jul 08, 2010
Am not sure its degrading. Its only natural for a guy to ask a girl out and not the other way round. Be bold and pray,
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by kpolli(m): 3:02pm On Jul 08, 2010
no its painful to realise ur no more the fine boy girls used to toast, now u don wowo, work hard for ur girl

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

27-year-old Nigerian Wed 83- Year-old Woman In Lagos (PHOTO) / Wedding Ring: Must It Be Worn All The Time? / Love And Infatuation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.