Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) (56622 Views)

NLC Nationwide Strike: What's The Update From Your State? / Witnesses Absent As INEC Defence Of Tinubu’s Victory Starts On Shaky Note / Strike Starts Tomorrow, Labour Insist; Unless! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by GlorifiedTunde(m): 10:09pm On Sep 25, 2018
Ye!
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by eagleeye2: 10:09pm On Sep 25, 2018
2019elections:
The labour Congress has declared a nationwide strike starting firm 12:01am on Thursday 26th of September 2018 following the NEC's inability to agree on minimum wage structure
I knew it will have to come to this before this government will be moved to take workers serious.
The economy will be grounded because of incompetence and complacency towards workers welfare.
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by eagleeye2: 10:12pm On Sep 25, 2018
Ibegtodiffer:
Long overdue. Anyone who claims to feed himself and his family + pay rent + cloth himself + pay children school fees on 18k per month is definitely hidding something. ASUU is marking time. WATCH HOW THEY WILL SOON SAY ITS OPPOSITION SPONSORING EVERY EVERY...LOL
Like the Adc,, wey wan job Aisha of 2.5B

2 Likes

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by 2019elections: 10:18pm On Sep 25, 2018
eagleeye2:

Like the Adc,, wey wan job Aisha of 2.5B

Lol

1 Like

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by 2019elections: 10:31pm On Sep 25, 2018
OAM4J
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by RevenGeMission: 10:34pm On Sep 25, 2018
And for you to work for government and earn 18k per month it means you have SSCE and you are the messenger , 18K IS NOT BASIC SALARY , IT IS MINIMUM WAGE

also when PDP and Jonathan was selling crude at ~$150/Barrel, they didn't ask for it , now that the economy is recovering from reccession and massive developmental projects are ongoing is when they want to strike , This has PDP's fingerprint all over it , but it's not my business

I'll hope NEPA , Police, DSS , ARMY , Water corporation, Hospitals and everybody else joins the strike that way , we can all suffer the consequences , those with relatives in hospital, those in areas where there's no water, those whose street are being protected by police , and when there's no light to watch Dstv or Startimes, everybody's brain will resent

ButterflyLeo , what do you think ?

Ibegtodiffer:
Long overdue. Anyone who claims to feed himself and his family + pay rent + cloth himself + pay children school fees on 18k per month is definitely hidding something. ASUU is marking time. WATCH HOW THEY WILL SOON SAY ITS OPPOSITION SPONSORING EVERY EVERY...LOL

7 Likes

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by Henryedom: 11:00pm On Sep 25, 2018
op 26th is Wednesday not Thursday so...

1 Like

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by DONADAMS(m): 11:02pm On Sep 25, 2018
hope lecturers won't be affected sha?

1 Like

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by miqos02(m): 11:36pm On Sep 25, 2018
Kk
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by gurunlocker: 11:37pm On Sep 25, 2018
Don't expect anything from this government, their only focus now is on next year general election and how they will return to power.

2 Likes

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by Jrevelation(m): 11:41pm On Sep 25, 2018
Me i don start my strike since the rain start this year

anyway you can follow follow me

Let the striker season continue
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by lastclaire4(f): 11:42pm On Sep 25, 2018
blackpanda:

So what are u blabbing
Is fct fg?? Am talking federal govt mdas!

I dont think fg waits till end of month before paying.
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by AZeD1(m): 11:43pm On Sep 25, 2018
Lots of States are owing salaries with 18k minimum and yet the NLC wants it increased?

How the hell is that supposed to happen?

4 Likes

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by lastclaire4(f): 11:44pm On Sep 25, 2018
RevenGeMission:
And for you to work for government and earn 18k per month it means you have SSCE and you are the messenger , 18K IS NOT BASIC SALARY , IT IS MINIMUM WAGE

also when PDP and Jonathan was selling crude at ~$150/Barrel, they didn't ask for it , now that the economy is recovering from reccession and massive developmental projects are ongoing is when they want to strike , This has PDP's fingerprint all over it , but it's not my business

I'll hope NEPA , Police, DSS , ARMY , Water corporation, Hospitals and everybody else joins the strike that way , we can all suffer the consequences , those with relatives in hospital, those in areas where there's no water, those whose street are being protected by police , and when there's no light to watch Dstv or Startimes, everybody's brain will resent

ButterflyLeo , what do you think ?

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by safarigirl(f): 11:45pm On Sep 25, 2018
Throwback:

But with which money do you want to get higher minimum wage, when the N18k that is too small was the best the FG could do when crude oil was selling above $100/barrel?

And the drop in that crude oil price reduced government revenue and reduced state allocations that has led to owed salaries and half salaries in most states with poor IGR?

So with what funds will the FG now pay above N18k? Or is crude oil that is running our mono-economy now selling above $200/barrel?

As for allegations of opposition sponsoring strikes or protests, that has always been the easier scapegoat of blame.
so, the FG cannot cut the exorbitant salary those useless NASS members have been eating?

They can collect the 2.5 billion Naira Aisha's ADC siphoned and share it. There is money in this country, forget oik price

6 Likes

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by Nevee: 11:46pm On Sep 25, 2018
Lol make I hear say these weaklings of NLC no go call am off.
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by SocialJustice: 11:48pm On Sep 25, 2018
blackpanda:

This dumbo Nlc are only fighting for their own mouth
Since 1999, it has never genuinely been about workers welfare.

2 Likes

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by bluefilm: 11:49pm On Sep 25, 2018
At least, bet9ja no dey follow go on strike so as far as I am concerned, this Labour strike no concern me at all.
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by Emmafe(m): 11:50pm On Sep 25, 2018
Isokay

Check my signature for phone deals
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by TruthinAction: 11:52pm On Sep 25, 2018
It's a game plan to starve the people so that they can buy their conscience for vote. NLC is working for the FG.
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by Raydans: 11:55pm On Sep 25, 2018
otunbablacq:
Lala...daily bread is here.
My thought is that how will this strike better the lives of the citizens. Am just thinking loud.
My brother people are suffering.

Buhari didn't make any difference as we thought.

Rather more worst. Nigeria is a complex nation for him to handle with his primitive upbringing.

Nigeria has one of the highest number of ethnic group in the world.

Nigeria deserves a selfless, vibrant, young, firm and open minded president on all pedestals to uproot it from its mess.

Now that they strike, they will slow down the economy from the public sector.

Which is a disadvantage to nigeria at large

We need a progressive mind, positive mind, a cabaless
and non party influenced candidate to rule us

13 Likes

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by PINES: 12:14am On Sep 26, 2018
Nobody knows all. Please be kind in answering my question.
Will the strike affect teachers, by extension Corp members in their PPAs? We have to do a monthly clearance, from 1st - 5th of every month at our secretariat - so that allawee will not pass us by. I took my 2 weeks leave after the orientation camp, and traveled home. I just want to find out if it is necessary that I report to my PPA before the end of October 5...
Na transport money I dey try save Abeg.

1 Like

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by Pacesetter123(m): 12:15am On Sep 26, 2018
AZeD1:
Lots of States are owing salaries with 18k minimum and yet the NLC wants it increased?

How the hell is that supposed to happen?
Those state governors are intentionally wicked.Hw much is their security votes?

2 Likes

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by frankmoney(m): 12:16am On Sep 26, 2018
safarigirl:
so, the FG cannot cut the exorbitant salary those useless NASS members have been eating?

They can collect the 2.5 billion Naira Aisha's ADC siphoned and share it. There is money in this country, forget oik price
aunty it's only NASS that can reduce their own salary , FG can't do anything about that. So ask saraki to push the bill foward
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by arcike(m): 12:17am On Sep 26, 2018
does dis affect universities also?
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by masseratti: 12:20am On Sep 26, 2018
Throwback:

But with which money do you want to get higher minimum wage, when the N18k that is too small was the best the FG could do when crude oil was selling above $100/barrel?

And the drop in that crude oil price reduced government revenue and reduced state allocations that has led to owed salaries and half salaries in most states with poor IGR?

So with what funds will the FG now pay above N18k? Or is crude oil that is running our mono-economy now selling above $200/barrel?

As for allegations of opposition sponsoring strikes or protests, that has always been the easier scapegoat of blame.
thank you ooo.... This NLC is just so stupid.

4 Likes

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by mrvitalis(m): 12:20am On Sep 26, 2018
Ibegtodiffer:
Which civil servant earn 18k that's for level one step one... No body earns that

The least a civil servant earn is over 40k

Who's fault is it if you get employed and refused to develop your self then get married to a jobless woman

A married Nigerian home has no reason not to make 100k minimum a month

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by bewla(m): 12:22am On Sep 26, 2018
otunbablacq:
Lala...daily bread is here.
My thought is that how will this strike better the lives of the citizens. Am just thinking loud.
u said u won't more Oliver twist na so will help u stay at home

hope when we bend u somebody no go say u be hausa Fulani

will deal with u with (Goro) Amed
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by mrvitalis(m): 12:22am On Sep 26, 2018
FarahAideed:

Sure sir..My PVC shall be the first PIC to vote out Buhari
Is it buhari or state government yet to agree on what they can pay?

This is how we blame the wrong people for things in this country

Fg can pay the 25k... How many states can pay that?

2 Likes

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by Pacesetter123(m): 12:22am On Sep 26, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

They are not serious! When there is election in Osun that day

Just because it was inconclusive, LABOUR CONGRESS want to make it indefinite undecided grin grin grin

Them no well!

Osun re-run elections if not stopped by the court must hold!
No,it will not hold.INEC is a member of labour union n to that extent,it must partake in labour activism.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Results Of APC Primaries In Edo 2020 / Amaechi Vs Wike: Caption These Photos With Osinbajo / Wike: I Have Great Respect For Tinubu But His Comment On Edo Crisis Shocked Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.