Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) (56626 Views)

NLC Nationwide Strike: What's The Update From Your State? / Witnesses Absent As INEC Defence Of Tinubu’s Victory Starts On Shaky Note / Strike Starts Tomorrow, Labour Insist; Unless! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by JONSYN7154: 6:16am On Sep 26, 2018
2019elections:

That's a good news bro. Why d tears?
Him girlfriend promise am money and now the strike want dabaru the plan. na him make him dey cry.
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by delkuf(m): 6:18am On Sep 26, 2018
BrokenCock:

True oh! Some sabi sabi go still go work ooh! May that office ceiling collapse on their 4kn okponku head
lol

1 Like

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by Nobody: 6:22am On Sep 26, 2018
Throwback:

But with which money do you want to get higher minimum wage, when the N18k that is too small was the best the FG could do when crude oil was selling above $100/barrel?

And the drop in that crude oil price reduced government revenue and reduced state allocations that has led to owed salaries and half salaries in most states with poor IGR?

So with what funds will the FG now pay above N18k? Or is crude oil that is running our mono-economy now selling above $200/barrel?

The Embezzled Funds they've been laying claim to have retrieved .
As for allegations of opposition sponsoring strikes or protests, that has always been the easier scapegoat of blame.
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by adeolu21: 6:24am On Sep 26, 2018
Throwback:

But with which money do you want to get higher minimum wage, when the N18k that is too small was the best the FG could do when crude oil was selling above $100/barrel?

And the drop in that crude oil price reduced government revenue and reduced state allocations that has led to owed salaries and half salaries in most states with poor IGR?

So with what funds will the FG now pay above N18k? Or is crude oil that is running our mono-economy now selling above $200/barrel?

As for allegations of opposition sponsoring strikes or protests, that has always been the easier scapegoat of blame.

if crude oil was selling above $100 per barrel when they increased minimum wage to #18000, hw much did they sell a bag of rice then and hw much nw? Hw much did they sell a liter of petrol/diesel then and hw much nw? They need to generate more income by blocking the loop holes where politicians use to embezzling money and increase their exportation either by Agricultural produce or raw materials.

2 Likes

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by deebrownneymar: 6:27am On Sep 26, 2018
Throwback:

If they are not busy looting the minimum wage can easily be considerably increased. Aisha Buhari with no political office has 2.5BN somewhere that diverted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by toltee4real: 6:32am On Sep 26, 2018
@OP is 26th September, 2018 THURSDAY? Pls recheck your calendar. 26/09/2018 IS Wednesday.
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by wolexy14(m): 6:33am On Sep 26, 2018
Throwback:

u be economist u get sense bros walahi
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by mycar: 6:35am On Sep 26, 2018
Throwback:

That time, things were relatively cheap.
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by wolexy14(m): 6:38am On Sep 26, 2018
RevenGeMission:
And for you to work for government and earn 18k per month it means you have SSCE and you are the messenger , 18K IS NOT BASIC SALARY , IT IS MINIMUM WAGE

also when PDP and Jonathan was selling crude at ~$150/Barrel, they didn't ask for it , now that the economy is recovering from reccession and massive developmental projects are ongoing is when they want to strike , This has PDP's fingerprint all over it , but it's not my business

I'll hope NEPA , Police, DSS , ARMY , Water corporation, Hospitals and everybody else joins the strike that way , we can all suffer the consequences , those with relatives in hospital, those in areas where there's no water, those whose street are being protected by police , and when there's no light to watch Dstv or Startimes, everybody's brain will resent

ButterflyLeo , what do you think ?

God bless u for this sight.nigerians are gullible nah
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by RevenGeMission: 6:41am On Sep 26, 2018
The problem did not start with this government , it's not like Buhari reduced minumum wage when he was sworn in, the structures required to be facilitators of good jobs and high pay was ignored for 16 years , I know things are hard, but striking will make it worse

and also if the strike leads to increase in pay by FG, know it won't make any difference , food sellers , traders, transports, e.t.c will increase their price too and eventually the increase will not tell

also those who dont earn minimum wage will have difficulties keeping up with the price , that also will lead to starvation among other things

BrokenCock:

one of my friends earns 40k as a msc holder #smh, upon say d guy finish fr uk oh. This govt shaaaa
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by clemzo101(m): 6:48am On Sep 26, 2018
blackpanda:
This strike is sooo stupid

How can u strike at month end before they pay salary. And Monday is public holiday. Which means no salary will be paid in fg till next month.

This dumbo Nlc are only fighting for their own mouth
exactly my point. Me I need that salary oooo
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by frankmoney(m): 6:51am On Sep 26, 2018
safarigirl:
so, NASS is not part of FG? Do you know what a government is?
of course I do , you made it sound like it's the executive arm that controls their salary
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by adeolu21: 6:54am On Sep 26, 2018
RevenGeMission:
And for you to work for government and earn 18k per month it means you have SSCE and you are the messenger , 18K IS NOT BASIC SALARY , IT IS MINIMUM WAGE

also when PDP and Jonathan was selling crude at ~$150/Barrel, they didn't ask for it , now that the economy is recovering from reccession and massive developmental projects are ongoing is when they want to strike , This has PDP's fingerprint all over it , but it's not my business

I'll hope NEPA , Police, DSS , ARMY , Water corporation, Hospitals and everybody else joins the strike that way , we can all suffer the consequences , those with relatives in hospital, those in areas where there's no water, those whose street are being protected by police , and when there's no light to watch Dstv or Startimes, everybody's brain will resent

ButterflyLeo , what do you think ?

is it a crime to have SSCE certificate? Our president, wat does he have to become a president? PDP aspirant in Osun state,wat does he possess? I kno that u ar nt a government worker, bt trust me if they do increase their salary,it will have great impact in ur business because they will patronize you more.
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by toyinblue: 6:55am On Sep 26, 2018
Somebody should confirm if the strike is starting 26 or 27 because today Wednesday is 26 and Thursday is 27.i think they got the date all mixed up.
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by Geesaintagape: 6:58am On Sep 26, 2018
Add minimum wage add inflation at the end nothing.
I'm not in support of minimum wage demand
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by Nobody: 6:58am On Sep 26, 2018
FarahAideed:
Buhari has really wrecked Nigeria

Stupid statement. Is this the first time NLC will be going on strike?

Didn't they go on strike during Obasanjo's tenure?

Didn't they go on strike during Jonathan's tenure?

All Nigerian leaders right from Obasanjo to Buhari have wrecked Nigeria.

And we say let's vote new blood, you say he is joking he should go and start from councillorship in his hometown.

I'll bet you're waiting to vote anyone PDP brings.

We are still our own problem. No need blaming Buhari.
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by toyinblue: 6:58am On Sep 26, 2018
Somebody should confirm if the strike is starting 26 or 27 because today Wednesday is 26 and Thursday is 27.i think they got the date all mixed up.
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by Obinoscopy(m): 7:02am On Sep 26, 2018
toyinblue:
Strike commences after Wednesday midnight which is equivalent to Thursday Morning, 27th September.
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by israelmao(m): 7:02am On Sep 26, 2018
It's pathetic that politicians are living large and feeding fat on national resources while the civil servants' take-home package cannot even take home.State governors that are owing several months of salary arrears are considering what burden it will be when salaries are increased and FG has heavy debt burden on its neck which is even made worse under this current administration.Even if debts are channelled towards revenue-generating infrastructures it takes a lot of time to recoup investment and there is also need to fulfil creditors' obligations in line with the terms and conditions of loans sourced.
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by lonelydora: 7:03am On Sep 26, 2018
2019elections:

This is d only lingual the govt understands.

Believe NLC at your peril. The excos are looking for settlement
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by Nobody: 7:04am On Sep 26, 2018
deebrownneymar:

[s]
If they are not busy looting the minimum wage can easily be considerably increased. Aisha Buhari with no political office has 2.5BN somewhere that diverted.[/s]

Rubbish! Na you help am divert the 2.5billion? Be talking trash there without proof.
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by adeolu21: 7:06am On Sep 26, 2018
mrvitalis:

Which civil servant earn 18k that's for level one step one... No body earns that

The least a civil servant earn is over 40k

Who's fault is it if you get employed and refused to develop your self then get married to a jobless woman

A married Nigerian home has no reason not to make 100k minimum a month

hmmmm, for where they earn minimum of #40k? See business man saying what he has no knowledge of.
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by Askay: 7:06am On Sep 26, 2018
Sanni45:
Come to think of it. Some people will not do anything in NASS and they are paid a lot money(basic and allowances).Therefore, I think the new minimum wage is not a big ask. They should cut their salaries and use it to cater for the minimum wage. My submission.
In d words of Falz, thiz is 9jria. Dsame pple u r talkin abt wil do wat dey can within deir power for this nt to c d light of d day. It is only a respnsibl legislature dat could reduce deir stupendous pays to help the labour nt our type of self-centreds.
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by RevenGeMission: 7:08am On Sep 26, 2018
Is today Stupid roam free day ??

Buhari has Degree from US military school and it's equivalent to B.Sc that i am sure your father does not have , Buhari's name ,Picture and record is even on the school's alumni and several Generals around the world attested to that fact why won't you shutup about whole Buhari WAEC issue that was used by PDP to humiliate Buhari ? Osun aspirant is just an aspirant, at least for now and even if he wins tomorrow's election he won't run the state, there's a shitload of court summons over forgery of WAEC and Jacksonville University results , Buhari just told APC to calm down , the case is not going underground anytime soon

I am not against salary increase, i am against blackmail orchestrated by PDP , as it is Nigeria is still borrowing to build infrastructures , do you want Buhari to borrow monies to pay increased salary as well ? My point is this is a right move at the wrong time, economy is just recovering from recession, any sensible person will know this strike has PDP written all over it , they want to destabilize the country , brace for fuel and food scarcity towards december as well

Nobody forced Buhari when he announced minimum wage is being reviewed , if he doesn't have a plan, he wouldn't publicize it

wait for the right time
adeolu21:

is it a crime to have SSCE certificate? Our president, wat does he have to become a president? PDP aspirant in Osun state,wat does he possess? I kno that u ar nt a government worker, bt trust me if they do increase their salary,it will have great impact in ur business because they will patronize you more.
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by 2019elections: 7:12am On Sep 26, 2018
holluphemydavid:

U mean d Same FCT Dat I am, u must be joking

I work with FCTA secondary education board. I can tell u authoritatively, I've been paid since 21st.
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by Mizwisdom(f): 7:13am On Sep 26, 2018
Liamm:
you're indeed mizwisdom.
Thanks!
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by PeterObi2019(m): 7:16am On Sep 26, 2018
Lalasticlala NLC said Wednesday, 26th but you are saying Thursday 27th.

Are you now a factional President of NLC
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by Abagworo(m): 7:17am On Sep 26, 2018
If people understand the economic implication of this minimum wage, they will oppose labour.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 26, 2018
NO WORK NO PAY POLICY STILL REMAINS IN FORCE.
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by viktor88: 7:22am On Sep 26, 2018
blackpanda:
This strike is sooo stupid

How can u strike at month end before they pay salary. And Monday is public holiday. Which means no salary will be paid in fg till next month.

This dumbo Nlc are only fighting for their own mouth
Please, will they pay corpers
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by enshi(m): 7:25am On Sep 26, 2018
PINES:
Nobody knows all. Please be kind in answering my question.
Will the strike affect teachers, by extension Corp members in their PPAs? We have to do a monthly clearance, from 1st - 5th of every month at our secretariat - so that allawee will not pass us by. I took my 2 weeks leave after the orientation camp, and traveled home. I just want to find out if it is necessary that I report to my PPA before the end of October 5...
Na transport money I dey try save Abeg.

You better stay one place and put all plans in order before leaving for any PPA ... No one has ever been heard to repeat NYSC ...
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by omojeesu(m): 7:31am On Sep 26, 2018
Civil service is just a glorious name for official slavery.

Salary is an addiction that blocks initiative and creativity.

Smart people create additional source(s) of income or kuku get self--employed.

I suggest a civil servant learn about multilevel network marketing and do it at least part time to augment salary.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wike: I Have Great Respect For Tinubu But His Comment On Edo Crisis Shocked Me / Buhari Sacks NEMA DG, Maihaja, Appoints AVM Muhammed As Replacement / El-Zakzaky: 'I Lived Next To The Senate President & Never In Detention'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.