Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) (56623 Views)

NLC Nationwide Strike: What's The Update From Your State? / Witnesses Absent As INEC Defence Of Tinubu’s Victory Starts On Shaky Note / Strike Starts Tomorrow, Labour Insist; Unless! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by mrvitalis(m): 12:23am On Sep 26, 2018
Sanni45:
Come to think of it. Some people will not do anything in NASS and they are paid a lot money(basic and allowances).Therefore, I think the new minimum wage is not a big ask. They should cut their salaries and use it to cater for the minimum wage. My submission.
Smh
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by Zayncom: 12:28am On Sep 26, 2018
Are you into importation from China or the US? We are the cheapest China/US shopping agent you can find anywhere, visit my signature to check out our website
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:31am On Sep 26, 2018
Pacesetter123:
No,it will not hold.INEC is a member of labour union n to that extent,it must partake in labour activism.
Thursday don reach nau let wait & see

1 Like

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by Alanzazani: 12:38am On Sep 26, 2018
Good one from labour long overdue. If we know what this politicians take we will weep. they should cut down Thier bogus allowances this is not too much to ask. It is only in this country you are working and it seems like you are not working. The take home pay is nonsensical. If workers are paid well it is a huge step to curb corruption

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by Rilwayne001: 12:39am On Sep 26, 2018
Buhari lied his way to AsoRock, I won't be surprised if he's booted out. shocked shocked
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by FriendNG: 12:45am On Sep 26, 2018
Rilwayne001:
Buhari lied his way to AsoRock, I won't be surprised if he's booted out. shocked shocked

The issue of minimum wage is more of state problem. The federal government can yield to NLC demand but state governors are not buying it. They refused to pay 18k not to talk of 45k. Yet they have the money. People like Yahya Bello, Fayose, and Aregbosola comes to mind.

If I'm FG I will implement it and NLC will then face those individual states. I am sure Lagos and Kano will pay if implemented.

5 Likes

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by Masama: 12:46am On Sep 26, 2018
Another strike? But why?
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by LOVEGINO(m): 12:48am On Sep 26, 2018
2019elections:
The labour Congress has declared a nationwide strike starting firm 12:01am on Thursday 26th of September 2018 following the NEC's inability to agree on minimum wage structure
it's 26 Thursday?
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by Akinz0126(m): 12:48am On Sep 26, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
Thursday don reach nau let wait & see

Which Thursday,it has started already today is 26
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by OKUCHI11(m): 12:59am On Sep 26, 2018
mrvitalis:

Which civil servant earn 18k that's for level one step one... No body earns that

The least a civil servant earn is over 40k

Who's fault is it if you get employed and refused to develop your self then get married to a jobless woman

A married Nigerian home has no reason not to make 100k minimum a month
...sorry... this ur last statement is uncalled for

4 Likes

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by vioment: 1:11am On Sep 26, 2018
Stupid countries do what stupid countries do best.

I have always asked how a country with very intelligent minds as nigeria, is so foolish to be one of the most stupid countries in the world.
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by AZeD1(m): 1:22am On Sep 26, 2018
Pacesetter123:
Those state governors are intentionally wicked.Hw much is their security votes?
Forget about security votes and look at the 2017 budget and 2018 budgets, the country did not generate enough money to pay salaries.

That's the bottom line.
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by francisbiz: 1:22am On Sep 26, 2018
otunbablacq:
Lala...daily bread is here.
My thought is that how will this strike better the lives of the citizens. Am just thinking loud.
Olodo!
Odeh

1 Like

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by sexyanyabubakar(f): 1:23am On Sep 26, 2018
Raydans:

My brother people are suffering.

Buhari didn't make any difference as we thought.

Rather more worst. Nigeria is a complex nation for him to handle with his primitive upbringing.

Nigeria has one of the highest number of ethnic group in the world.

Nigeria deserves a selfless, vibrant, young, firm and open minded president on all pedestals to uproot it from its mess.

Now that they strike, they will slow down the economy from the public sector.

Which is a disadvantage to nigeria at large

We need a progressive mind, positive mind, a cabaless
and non party influenced candidate to rule us
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by sexyanyabubakar(f): 1:26am On Sep 26, 2018
TruthinAction:
It's a game plan to starve the people so that they can buy their conscience for vote. NLC is working for the FG.

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by macAB: 1:34am On Sep 26, 2018
Wetin concern us with FCT salary how many are dere

FYI, FCT paid salary since 21st.[/quote]
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by macAB: 1:38am On Sep 26, 2018
Lala...daily bread is here.
My thought is that how will this strike better the lives of the citizens. Am just thinking loud. [/quote]NLC are very myopic why not wait till after salary.
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by sexyanyabubakar(f): 1:39am On Sep 26, 2018
mrvitalis:

Which civil servant earn 18k that's for level one step one... No body earns that

Who's fault is it if you get employed and refused to develop your self then get married to a jobless woman

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by darkelf: 1:52am On Sep 26, 2018
Sanni45:
Come to think of it. Some people will not do anything in NASS and they are paid a lot money(basic and allowances).Therefore, I think the new minimum wage is not a big ask. They should cut their salaries and use it to cater for the minimum wage. My submission.

You echo my sentiments. I just said same to my aunt yesterday
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by safarigirl(f): 2:07am On Sep 26, 2018
frankmoney:
aunty it's only NASS that can reduce their own salary , FG can't do anything about that. So ask saraki to push the bill foward
so, NASS is not part of FG? Do you know what a government is?

1 Like

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by Mizwisdom(f): 2:11am On Sep 26, 2018
How do we stop prices of goods and services from increasing when salary does? If this happens then what is the benefit of salary increment

3 Likes

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by mrvitalis(m): 2:18am On Sep 26, 2018
OKUCHI11:
...sorry... this ur last statement is uncalled for
That's the truth... How can you tell me as a man you can't make 70k a month... That's rubbish

840k in a year?

Brick layers make more, bus conductor make more

Go to your village plant pawpaw in all your land trust me you would make more... It's now how you start... If you remain their that's the problem

Lazy people blaming government for everything

1 Like

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by gambus007(m): 2:19am On Sep 26, 2018
mrvitalis:

Don't say what you don't know. A level 4 officer earns 23k per month in the Ministry lipsrsealed level 3 get less. If 40k is the least why the strike? Get your fact right please.

2 Likes

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by mrvitalis(m): 2:26am On Sep 26, 2018
gambus007:

Don't say what you don't know. A level 4 officer earns 23k per month in the Ministry lipsrsealed level 3 get less. If 40k is the least why the strike? Get your fact right please.
Level four?

What do you need to enter government ministry

Oga entery level is over 40k

What's my business if you enter ministery with just first school living.... In fact who employs non graduate again
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by gambus007(m): 2:34am On Sep 26, 2018
mrvitalis:

Level four?

What do you need to enter government ministry

Oga entery level is over 40k

What's my business if you enter ministery with just first school living.... In fact who employs non graduate again
There are level 3 and 4 officers.. Min.wages is not for only graduate or higher level. Min.wages means the least amount to be paid to the lowest ranking officer must be within the approved min.wages so calculation starts from least officer (both private and public organisations). If Min.wages is tagged at 40k meaning that nobody should earn less than 40k( sales girl,gateman,cleaners etc).
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by maofemi1: 2:35am On Sep 26, 2018
[quote author=Wiseandtrue post=71525914]
[b]They are not serious! When there is election in Osun that day

Just because it was inconclusive, LABOUR CONGRESS want to make it indefinite undecided grin grin grin

Them no well!

Osun re-run elections if not stopped by the court must hold!

But the notice was given long before Osun election and no one envisaged that there will be rerun election.
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by Dollabiz: 2:54am On Sep 26, 2018
hmmm
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by PassingShot(m): 3:13am On Sep 26, 2018
Ibegtodiffer:
Long overdue. Anyone who claims to feed himself and his family + pay rent + cloth himself + pay children school fees on 18k per month is definitely hidding something. ASUU is marking time. WATCH HOW THEY WILL SOON SAY ITS OPPOSITION SPONSORING EVERY EVERY...LOL
You must think every salary earner is on minimum wage.

You need to do research to find out who actually is on minimum wage and you’d realize that not a whole lot.

Minimum wage is for entry level for cleaners, messengers, drivers, etc. after a few years, they aslo move up the ladder. Read!

1 Like

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by Archangels2(m): 3:18am On Sep 26, 2018
Oga Thursday is 27th o
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by klinmillions001: 3:28am On Sep 26, 2018
when will all these stop?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Amaechi Vs Wike: Caption These Photos With Osinbajo / Wike: I Have Great Respect For Tinubu But His Comment On Edo Crisis Shocked Me / Omojuwa Called Jonathan A Disaster, And Got This Reply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.