Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) (56624 Views)

NLC Nationwide Strike: What's The Update From Your State? / Witnesses Absent As INEC Defence Of Tinubu’s Victory Starts On Shaky Note / Strike Starts Tomorrow, Labour Insist; Unless! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by MrExpensive: 7:50am On Sep 26, 2018
BrokenCock:

Bros
No be lie! And its private oil company
Even my bro worked wt one other dredging company n was paid less than 60k as a msc holder.

Its either u r a student or u no dey naija or u r among d dreamers that argue at newspaper stand
hahahahaha everyone na student, junior staff like you with no qualification what did you expect as salary olodo
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by Bowwow11(m): 7:51am On Sep 26, 2018
otunbablacq:
Lala...daily bread is here.
My thought is that how will this strike better the lives of the citizens. Am just thinking loud.
at least it will increase the welfare of other citizens that are already employed

1 Like

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by crazygod(m): 7:55am On Sep 26, 2018
This is what u call rat race. With the current inflation, if there is an attempt to increase minimum wage and u force private organizations to abide by it, the resultant chain effect will be disastrous. Staple food price will go up, fuel pump price will shoot off the roof and the economy will be back to zero unless there are policies that will cushion the effect is put in place which I don't think there are brilliant technocrats in this govt that can come up with any. #ratrace.
Do as Americans do, u wanna survive in this country, do two jobs. Pay on the hour. Simple.

2 Likes

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 26, 2018
[quote author=slimany post=71532141][/quote]

With the recovered embezzled funds APC Laid claims to ofcourse.
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by delkuf(m): 8:08am On Sep 26, 2018
Geesaintagape:
Add minimum wage add inflation at the end nothing.
I'm not in support of minimum wage demand
wether you support it or not there will be strike tomorrow. is there inflation in the country already
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by barikay: 8:24am On Sep 26, 2018
mrvitalis:

Which civil servant earn 18k that's for level one step one... No body earns that

The least a civil servant earn is over 40k

Who's fault is it if you get employed and refused to develop your self then get married to a jobless woman

A married Nigerian home has no reason not to make 100k minimum a month
sir people earn as low as 23k
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by EternalTruths: 8:34am On Sep 26, 2018
Throwback:

But with which money do you want to get higher minimum wage, when the N18k that is too small was the best the FG could do when crude oil was selling above $100/barrel?

And the drop in that crude oil price reduced government revenue and reduced state allocations that has led to owed salaries and half salaries in most states with poor IGR?

So with what funds will the FG now pay above N18k? Or is crude oil that is running our mono-economy now selling above $200/barrel?

As for allegations of opposition sponsoring strikes or protests, that has always been the easier scapegoat of blame.

Since 2015, Buhari refused to work on the IGR and EGR of Nigeria in order help better finance his government.
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by EternalTruths: 8:40am On Sep 26, 2018
mrvitalis:

Which civil servant earn 18k that's for level one step one... No body earns that

The least a civil servant earn is over 40k

Who's fault is it if you get employed and refused to develop your self then get married to a jobless woman

A married Nigerian home has no reason not to make 100k minimum a month

The most daft excuse ever seen on Nairaland.

Your education, is a waste.
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by Throwback: 8:44am On Sep 26, 2018
EternalTruths:

Since 2015, Buhari refused to work on the IGR and EGR of Nigeria in order help better finance his government.

But we all know that to diversify, we need funds to achieve that. Funds that are needed to pay salaries and still develop public infrastructure while government revenue from our crude oil economy is still not back to the level it used to be.

Or you want people to be owed salaries while the FG devotes funds into aggressive diversification? Are we that selfless in Nigeria and willing to make such sacrifices?

And any effort to diversify, would not suddenly become evident in government revenue under 4years in a period that was marred by economic recession.

At least with reduced corruption, IGR from the likes of Customs has improved significantly. Even JAMB has tremendously improved their returns to government.

1 Like

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by Acidosis(m): 8:56am On Sep 26, 2018
blackpanda:
This strike is sooo stupid

How can u strike at month end before they pay salary. And Monday is public holiday. Which means no salary will be paid in fg till next month.

This dumbo Nlc are only fighting for their own mouth

Is it wrong to fight for their own mouth? BMC 30k crew are also fighting for their own mouth. When the President called the Nigerian youths bunch of lazy, corrupt and jobless touts, we all fought for our mouth too by sitting at home to do nothing.
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by Ushiesunday(m): 9:32am On Sep 26, 2018
this is the only diction the federal government comprehend faster. going to strike is the best mechanism to be employed to ensure the federal government come to a dialogue with the NLC. the minimum wage should be increased without compromise.

1 Like

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by lastclaire4(f): 9:48am On Sep 26, 2018
blackpanda:

U are obviously not a worker

The problem is that you claim to know all. Not everybody is unfortunate to work in places where the last day of the month must come to receive pay. I may not be a government worker but I know AMCON receives salary 24th of every month.

I pray for you today that you get something even greater.
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by holluphemydavid(m): 9:53am On Sep 26, 2018
2019elections:

I work with FCTA secondary education board. I can tell u authoritatively, I've been paid since 21st.
ur own is better den,am a federal civil servant base here in Abuja and still yet to be paid
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by LANDLORD72: 10:12am On Sep 26, 2018
Congratulations to NLC your demand will be fulfil as elections are drawing closer APC government will quickly sanction it because of this Elections.
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by alex81(m): 10:18am On Sep 26, 2018
charmingfrank:
obviously u have not been reading. The strike favors everyone. Come on, I don't need to tell u this, However, go to google n check minimum wages of all countries n See were your nation falls in?
The strike doesnt favor me o. NLC shld just goan sit down.
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by OKUCHI11(m): 10:32am On Sep 26, 2018
mrvitalis:

That's the truth... How can you tell me as a man you can't make 70k a month... That's rubbish

840k in a year?

Brick layers make more, bus conductor make more

Go to your village plant pawpaw in all your land trust me you would make more... It's now how you start... If you remain their that's the problem

Lazy people blaming government for everything
am motivated.. thanks a lot.. I thought you were going to come bashing me with insults..
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by BrokenCock: 10:36am On Sep 26, 2018
MrExpensive:
hahahahaha everyone na student, junior staff like you with no qualification what did you expect as salary olodo

K
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by BrokenCock: 10:40am On Sep 26, 2018
RevenGeMission:
The problem did not start with this government , it's not like Buhari reduced minumum wage when he was sworn in, the structures required to be facilitators of good jobs and high pay was ignored for 16 years , I know things are hard, but striking will make it worse

and also if the strike leads to increase in pay by FG, know it won't make any difference , food sellers , traders, transports, e.t.c will increase their price too and eventually the increase will not tell

also those who dont earn minimum wage will have difficulties keeping up with the price , that also will lead to starvation among other things

Thats ur own opinion... There are offices in the government that have a way to sort this out.

How come when the senate wants increment it happens instantly?

There will do the statistics n its not going to affect any market prices, except if according to ur analysis u r saying they will 'rob peter to pay paulina '
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by oobinna: 10:56am On Sep 26, 2018
Throwback:

But with which money do you want to get higher minimum wage, when the N18k that is too small was the best the FG could do when crude oil was selling above $100/barrel?

And the drop in that crude oil price reduced government revenue and reduced state allocations that has led to owed salaries and half salaries in most states with poor IGR?

So with what funds will the FG now pay above N18k? Or is crude oil that is running our mono-economy now selling above $200/barrel?

As for allegations of opposition sponsoring strikes or protests, that has always been the easier scapegoat of blame.

The fund will come from wherever the dullard wants to get 252billion naira for elections

1 Like

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by enemyofprogress: 11:19am On Sep 26, 2018
Time to burn down the jungle called Nigeria
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by FestusIrohigbe: 11:23am On Sep 26, 2018
shocked
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by enemyofprogress: 11:23am On Sep 26, 2018
FarahAideed:
Buhari has really wrecked Nigeria
tey they. The worstest(pardon my grammar) president ever liveth
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by blackpanda: 11:29am On Sep 26, 2018
lastclaire4:

The problem is that you claim to know all. Not everybody is unfortunate to work in places where the last day of the month must come to receive pay. I may not be a government worker but I know AMCON receives salary 24th of every month.

I pray for you today that you get something even greater.

You are not a govt worker so shut up and get out of the thread
This does not concern you!
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by blackpanda: 11:30am On Sep 26, 2018
viktor88:

Please, will they pay corpers

nothing. govt will be on shut down
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by kYjelly2: 11:33am On Sep 26, 2018
My question is that if Nigeria is too poor to increase minimum wage, which is already about the lowest in the world, then why are our politicians paid THE HIGHEST WAGES IN THE WORLD

4 Likes

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by pryme(m): 11:35am On Sep 26, 2018
mrvitalis:

Is it buhari or state government yet to agree on what they can pay?

This is how we blame the wrong people for things in this country

Fg can pay the 25k... How many states can pay that?

you are the only reasonable one from the crowd
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by kYjelly2: 11:44am On Sep 26, 2018
If we are sooo poor, then why does ASO ROCK Kitchen need BILLIONS OF NAIRA every year to buy new equipment

Let's use an analogy here.

Let's say a man and his family have been starving with no food to eat for a week, then some good Samaritan comes along and gives this man 1 million naira to help him overcome his woes.

Now instead of this hungry man to go out and buy food for his family and save and invest the rest, he proceeds to change all of his cooking equipment in his Kitchen:

-He Changes his Microwave which still works, just because it's now 3 years OLD

-He Changes his Oven because there are now new Fancier ovens in the market

-He Changes his cutlery from stainless steel to 24 karat GOLD

-He Changes his Refrigerator and Chest Freezers, just cause the new ones take 1 hour less to cool down

After all this, he only has 10k left and then he starts buying indomie and garri for him and his family, not wanting to finish the remaining 10k.

---------------------------------------------------------------
NOW TELL ME, IS THIS A WISE MAN
----------------------------------------------------------------

It's the same thing with Nigeria, they claim we are poor and can't afford min wage increases, but yet the rulers fly around in the most expensive jets, have convoys of JETS, convoys of Cars, change cars with OUR MONEY almost every other year, GET PAID THE MOST IN THE WORLD....

Does this make sense at all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by lastclaire4(f): 11:44am On Sep 26, 2018
blackpanda:

You are not a govt worker so shut up and get out of the thread
This does not concern you!
Eyaaa I suggest you do something before you finally lose it. God is still in the business of changing lives . There is nothing He cannot do.
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by quasteph: 11:48am On Sep 26, 2018
Will banks be affected?
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by delkuf(m): 11:54am On Sep 26, 2018
kYjelly2:
My question is that if Nigeria is too poor to increase minimum wage, which is already about the lowest in the world, then why are our politicians paid THE HIGHEST WAGES IN THE WORLD
I love this your question. some body posted some thing that show that even civil servant in Chad earn better salary than Nigeria. and we have a system where our politicians are the highest earners in the world. what labour is asking for is just 56 thousand, why we senators and house of Representatives earning millions, and some body is talking of inflation if the minimum wage is approved. I gave up in Nigeria last week, when with Aregbesola did people still voted for apc. so I won't be surprise if we Nigerian are kicking against this minimum wage. A family man still living below 30 per month. Nigeria it is well

1 Like

Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by davies(m): 12:15pm On Sep 26, 2018
I support this strike action. Our Leaders have ripped us off in this country..
Election must hold.. The candidate of the People must be elected
Re: NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) by blimeyVic(m): 12:37pm On Sep 26, 2018
2019elections:

Strike or no strike, govt must pay.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Amaechi Vs Wike: Caption These Photos With Osinbajo / Wike: I Have Great Respect For Tinubu But His Comment On Edo Crisis Shocked Me / Buhari Sacks NEMA DG, Maihaja, Appoints AVM Muhammed As Replacement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.