Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,577 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes (18898 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m / Pastor Adeboye Says God Is Not Omnipotent And That Satan Can Change God's Plans. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by pendelite(f): 6:06pm On Jan 08, 2006
Bravo lagerwhenindoubt......' rolleyes
Is that your escape kiss
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by allonym: 7:21pm On Jan 08, 2006
lagerwhenindoubt:
Nigeria shall not win the Nations Cup 2006.. will even go further to tell you how far they will go, they shall not make it to the quarter final.. how's that for a prophecy and no amount of prayers can forestall the inevitable.. cause we did nothing.

Amen.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by Akolawole(m): 7:26pm On Jan 08, 2006
I am not a member of RCCG but Pastor Adeboye is one of very few genuine Pastors in our country.

He did not need to openly predict crashes because of its intensity.

Remember, Bible says "Touch not my annointed....."
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by ijebuman(m): 7:49pm On Jan 08, 2006
Akolawole:

Sorry mate, everything is 'touchable' around here. The whole thing is so laughable it beggars belief. Even the Aviation minister is in on the act, telling the parents of the kids that died in the PH crash that 'it's God's will'.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by joftech(m): 8:06pm On Jan 08, 2006
If NNPC failed to import fuel to the country will our pastors say it's the devil that make them not to do that. Men will always seek for an untenable alibi.

These whole saga is pure insult to Nigerian people collective reasoning power.

My brother there's nothing like intensity. If you are sure about what you see you will come out to say this is what i saw.

It's like seeing your kid playing with a lethal device, instead of taking it from him you refused because of the graveness of any resulting misadventure with that device.

The aviation industry is bad we all know this.

That's the same way some pastors said AIDs is God's punishment (as a result of sins) for the human race back then.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by cheetahcub(m): 8:11pm On Jan 08, 2006
How many aircrafts fly in Nigeria that satan would be planning to crash one every day for 49 days? Haba Pastor!!!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by ijebuman(m): 8:44pm On Jan 08, 2006
cheetahcub:

How many aircrafts fly in Nigeria that satan would be planning to crash one every day for 49 days? Haba Pastor!!!

the question is do we even have up to 49 fully operational aircraft in the country? I think Adeboye is turning out to be our very own Pat Robertson

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10728347/
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/08/24/robertson.chavez/
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by sage(m): 9:03pm On Jan 08, 2006
Nigerians..............ah they never seem to amaze me.

A nation in which the crash of a faulty, unmaintained, old aircraft is God's will. A nation in which religion has been used to supress accountability and the brain washed masses go about taking everything they are told as long as God is mentioned in it. Its such a pity. How can a pastor say he prophesyed about an event after it had happned.

You guyz should know that if most of these religious prophesying, and miracleswhere happening anywhere in the west, all these thieving pastors would be in jail right now.

As long as we becloud our common senses with useless sentiments, we will never progress
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:09pm On Jan 08, 2006
Quote From pendelite

Bravo lagerwhenindoubt......'
Is that your escape

I have found out that there is no rush in life cept if you are 28, female and single (30+ are okay, they have decided what they want in life)

When i need to get over a problem in this fast-paced and psychedelic Lagos environment, I drop everything... one bottle of ice-chilled Star, lay back for 30-40 minutes and the answer just presents itself.. (though I won't advise u do it if you have too many problems in a day... could be stoned for months)
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by otokx(m): 10:26am On Jan 09, 2006
spiritual imperialism is whats going on in the nation; the pastors are smiling to the bank while the congregation is deceiving themselves.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by tammy41(f): 10:39am On Jan 09, 2006
There are false prophets in the land does not mean we do not have genuine men of God. When it comes to knowing fake and genuine prophecies, i suggest you leave that to God so we do not misjudge and say things that will bring down the wrath of God. God still speaks remember! He has chosen vessels. There were prophesies in the Bible that were reversed because of prayers. Remember Hezekiah? Genuine prayers can change situations. Prophecies are given to keep us on guard. We pray to either bring them to pass or avert them. Every child of God born of the spirit feels it when he/she comes in contact with a fake man of God. Mind you, God's ways are not our ways. Do not judge or attack a man of God. (on another note) Men of God still make mistakes sometimes. They are not super humans but that does not Stop God from using them so long as they repent and ask for forgiveness. That is why we cannot understand Him.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by thekrafter(m): 11:17am On Jan 09, 2006
Personally, I think these prophecies are a load of bull. They are so deliberately vague that they are almost impossible to go wrong, and they mostly have escape clauses. This disaster will happen unless we pray to avert it.

"Intense prayers will be required to minimize natural disasters particularly in areas formerly considered safe."

For instance, what exactly is the above prophecy saying? That natural disasters WILL occur? or that if we pray, they'll be minimized? No matter which way it goes, someone can hold it up and say "Ahh, the prophecy came true o!"

I was in church when I heard the 49 days story. All I could say was "Ah ah". I'm not really a Christian, but have a lot of respect for men of God, especially those I think are honest, including Pastor Adeboye. Now... I'm not so sure. This seems like exactly the same tactic psychics use.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by gentleone(f): 1:33pm On Jan 09, 2006
God's ways are not our ways and we cannot question Him why bad things happen.
what will pastor adeboye gain by saying what God has not said?
as tammy said, prayers can change/avert some situations,now that God has sent His servant to tell us to pray, what have we to loose if we do pray
for those that want to pray, let us pray earnestly and for those that won't we will pray for u wink
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by thekrafter(m): 1:46pm On Jan 09, 2006
gentleone:

God's ways are not our ways and we cannot question Him why bad things happen.
what will pastor adeboye gain by saying what God has not said?
as tammy said, prayers can change/avert some situations,now that God has sent His servant to tell us to pray, what have we to loose if we do pray
for those that want to pray, let us pray earnestly and for those that won't we will pray for u wink

The same thing everyone who makes prophecies stands to gain, credibility. Even the Bible says that is a sign a prophet is from God (actually the other way, but you know what I mean).
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by Seun(m): 2:11pm On Jan 09, 2006
Well, maybe he made a mistake? Pastors and prophets are human and may make msitakes from time to time, right?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by goodguy(m): 2:57pm On Jan 09, 2006
So many long posts against pastors.

Humans, when are we ever going to learn?!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by exu(m): 3:48pm On Jan 09, 2006
So many long posts against pastors.

Humans, when are we ever going to learn?!

aren't pastors also human

your point applies (also) to those who make claims based on superstition...
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by goodguy(m): 3:52pm On Jan 09, 2006
Pastors are humans who preach the word of God. They are otherwise known as the annointed of God.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by allonym: 5:24pm On Jan 09, 2006
goodguy:

Pastors are humans who preach the word of God. They are otherwise known as the annointed of God.

There are many who preach the word of God who are not doing so under God's guidance.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by nicetohave(m): 8:39pm On Jan 09, 2006
you are making a right statement as while as , but if you care to know you can know who is faking and who is not "by their fruits you shall know them"
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by queen2(f): 9:39pm On Jan 09, 2006
it might be true or not. thats it
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by bohye(m): 10:17pm On Jan 09, 2006
You dont have to be "intelligent" to belive what a "Man of God" Says; it wouldnt make sense for him to come out and blab 'bout plane crashes n all cos everybody would panic and shun air travel (which is happening even as we speak) or pray to avert it and then it wont happen and PEOPLE would say the prophesy is false.
So there lies the delima; Why prophesy when people can pray about it thereby adverting the impending doom n making the prophesier look  rolleyes  shocked ...well u know?
Holla
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by Seun(m): 1:57am On Jan 10, 2006
There is no way that there'll be 49 plane crashes in one year. After the third plane crash the president will declare an emergency and ground all the airplanes. If after the arplanes are allowed into the air they start crashing again, then people will know that there's a "curse" on them and they will be permanently grounded. So it is not possible. Plus, how many planes fly in Nigeria really?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by allonym: 2:28am On Jan 10, 2006
Seun:

There is no way that there'll be 49 plane crashes in one year. After the third plane crash the president will declare an emergency and ground all the airplanes. If after the arplanes are allowed into the air they start crashing again, then people will know that there's a "curse" on them and they will be permanently grounded. So it is not possible. Plus, how many planes fly in Nigeria really?

I made a similar statement and was told that the prophecy (well, hind-phecy) did not specify in which country the 49 planes would crash.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by joftech(m): 7:26am On Jan 10, 2006
I used to wonder why all the yearly prophesy are all about Nigeria or is the God giving the prophesy a Nigerian God only.

Nigerians have been disillusioned for so long. In 20 years i wonder if these pastors will still command the same number of faithfulls they do today.

Proper education on how things work will save people from baseless beliefs.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by JungleQueen(f): 7:55am On Jan 10, 2006
A note to everyone of u that don't believe.

It is okay if u don't believe what the man of God is saying, but i beg u in the name of God, do not say something that u won't be able to face the consiquences.

If the Lord should arise and fight, u all will be scattered. And i pray u would not be scattered to death in Jesus' Name, Amen.

But please and please, for the last time, u don't need to believe, just don't say anything bad and false about the man of God.

For the death of Pastor Bimbo, she is a human being and we are meant to die some day. It was her time to go, and nobody can question God. So u guys should mind ur own business and get closer to God, so that when ur time comes u will be happy because u have lived a fulfilled life in Christ.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by JungleQueen(f): 8:13am On Jan 10, 2006
I am sorry to say that u are not serious. People like u are those that want to talk about other countries and not theirs.

What do u mean by "yearly prophesy are all about Nigeria or is the God giving the prophesy a Nigerian God only"? What is ur own business about other country? People complain about Nigeria is this, Nigeria is that, and then u find someone to tell u something about Nigeria and how we Christians can make it better and then u are still complaining.

God is so wonderful and great to creat we human beings like this. Nothing can never ever satisfy human beings.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by casper(m): 8:20am On Jan 10, 2006
hey you guys ,
seun,
Seun:

Well, maybe he made a mistake? Pastors and prophets are human and may make msitakes from time to time, right?

the kfrater
thekrafter:

The same thing everyone who makes prophecies stands to gain, credibility. Even the Bible says that is a sign a prophet is from God (actually the other way, but you know what I mean).

and others you people have to be very careful,God's wrath is not understandable by humans and nobody can stop it.

remember what he did to[b] sodom and gomorah[/b],he destroyed the 2 towns to PIECES, what he did to the earth during Noah's time too HE FLOODED THE WHOLE WORLD....
there is notin he cannot do,
He created the earth and he can distroy it when he pleases, WHICH HE PROMISED NOT TO DO AGAIN, with the rainbow {tyhat is the symbol of his promise} so you people should be careful abotu what you say about him and his prophets, especially his prophets...........

God is GOOD, he is kind, wonderful but when pushed to the wall, he can bounce back.

WATCH YOUR MOUTH.SO THAT GOD CAN WATCH YOU .............. if you have doubts in your mind about prophesies keep it to yourself don't say a word and you will never regret it ............maybe it iss because you have never gone tru problems in your life that is why  you don't believe in prophesies................God is a Man of His word he never changeth...............

BE CAREFUL..

WAIT UNTIL I TELL YOU WHAT HE SAID IN HOLY GHOST SERVICE ON FRIDAY..........u will know he aint joking ..

GOD IS GOOD
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by JungleQueen(f): 8:48am On Jan 10, 2006
To everyone of u mocking men of God, to be honest with u, u are also mocking God.

Here is something from another forum to help u keep ur mouth shut and focus or mind and soul on God.

"Never doubt the Word of God!!!

Make a personal reflection about this. Very interesting, read until the end...

" Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." (Galatians 6:7)

Here are some men and women who mocked God:

JOHN LENNON:
Some years before during his interview with an American Magazine, he said: "Christianity will end, it will disappear. I do not have to argue about that. I am certain. Jesus was ok, but his subjects were too simple, Today we are more famous than Him" (1966)".
Lennon, after saying that the Beatles were more famous than Jesus Christ, was shot six times.

TANCREDO NEVES:
During the Presidential campaign, he said if he got 500 votes from his party, not even God would remove him from Presidency.
Sure he got the votes, but he got sick a day before being made President, then he died.

CAZUZA:
During a show in Canecão ( Rio de Janeiro ), whilst smoking his cigarette, he puffed out some smoke into the air and said: God, that's for you.
I can't even explain how he died.

THE MAN WHO BUILT TITANIC:
After the construction of Titanic, a reporter asked him how safe the Titanic would be. With an ironic tone he said: "Not even God can sink it"

The result: I think you all know what happened to the Titanic.

MARILYN MONROE:
She was visited by Billy Graham during a presentation of a show. He is a preacher and
Evangelist and the Spirit of God had sent him to preach to her.
After hearing what the Preacher had to say, she said:
"I don't need your Jesus"

A week later, she was found dead in her apartment.

BON SCOTT:
The ex-vocalist of the AC/DC. On one of his 1979 songs he sang:
"Don´t stop me, I´m going down all the way, wow the highway to hell".
On the 19th of February 1980, Bon Scott was found dead, he had been choked by his vomit.

CAMPINAS/SP IN 2005
In Campinas, a group of friends, drunk, went to pick up a friend. The mother accompanied her to the car and was so worried about the drunkenness of her friends and she said to the daughter - holding her hand, who was already seated in the car: "MY DAUGHTER, GO WITH GOD AND MAY HE PROTECT YOU",

She responded: ONLY IF HE (GOD) TRAVELS IN THE BOOT, COZ INSIDE HERE IT'S ALREADY FULL"

Hours later, news came by that they had been involved in a fatal accident, everyone had died, the car could not be recognized what type of car it had been, but surprisingly, the boot was intact.

The police said there was no way the boot could have remained intact. To their surprise, inside the boot was a crate of eggs, none was broken.

Many more important people have forgotten that there is no other name that was given so much authority as the name of Jesus. Many have died, but only Jesus died and rose again, and he is still alive. JESUS!!!

To Some Nairaland forumites here might read this piece and say "GOD is mean"...but like i always say Mean or mean...it point to the fact that there actualy is a GOD. He is just...unquestionable. He is almighty. To all u who mock him 'Be careful'."
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by joftech(m): 9:06am On Jan 10, 2006
Are you sure is God that killed all those people. Some things are out of human comprehension.

We are talking about people that died due to negligence on the part of government, how can we say is satan that caused that.
If you failed to eat and as a result of that you die of hunger will you say is the devil that killed you.

People need to state things the way they are.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by ijebuman(m): 1:29pm On Jan 10, 2006
Jungle Queen:

Here are some men and women who mocked God:

<snip>
@@Jungle Queen
all discredited as myths and urban legends here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-3833.288.html#msg159882

i can't understand why people need to use urban myths and legends to reinforce their belief system.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by donnie(m): 2:24pm On Jan 10, 2006
Nicetohave,

Once again, there you are standing for truth.

The man of God has spoken by Inspiration.

Before you begin to Insult Him and the Spirit by which he spoke, i suggest you answer this question:

Did satan tell you it was a lie? Where you there when Pastor Adeboye heard God?

He did not have to announce it when he saw it in the spirit. He did what a man of God should...PRAY agianst it.

I wish God will open your eyes to see the terrible calamities that would have befallen this nation, but for the prayers of his saints.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Prophet Odumeje Denies 80 Nigerians Were Deported From Indonesia Because Of Him / Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend / 3 Types Of Churchgoers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.