Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' (35124 Views)

10 Life Lessons And Teachings Of Jesus That The World Needs / COZA Celebrates Easter With "Jesus Paid It All" Event!!! / Teachings Of Jesus That Jesus Disobeyed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by felaismyhero(m): 2:46pm On Sep 30, 2018
Mariangeles:
Even if I do, he can never comprehend it because it's spiritually discerned... That is why we can NEVER understand each other .
So it's better to be sensible and let go to avoid unnecessary blasphemy and name calling...although atheists live for arguments ( it gives them a sense of purpose in their confused state, like something to hold on to to fill up that yearning, that empty void they have on the inside ) smiley
i agree with you that atheist have a void,which will be filled up with the knowledge they get when they finally get answers to their questions,but religious people are stuffed up with unprovable and banal things.
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by Mujtahida: 2:46pm On Sep 30, 2018
Melian:
Can any Christian answer these questions for me?

1. Why did God choose to bless Jacob at the expense of his brother Esau? And through deceit at that.

2. Why did God single out Joseph amongst his brothers to become rich and successful? Could it be that Joseph had two heads and his brothers didn't?

3. David was a fornicator and adulterer...yet.

4. Your God said, "I will have mercy upon who I'll have mercy upon". Does this not mean God's goodness is not automatic? He does as he pleases but expects you to be perfect. His "good" deeds are based on his discretion or worst still his mood.

5. He calls us his children. That he loves us. He says, "just believe in me, call me your lord and saviour and you shall have an everlasting life". Indeed.

6. You aren't supposed to be jealous of your neighbors, you should love them. But God calls himself a jealous God. Isn't your God a hypocrite?

7. He wants you to keep praying and clapping sha. Pray pray pray. Be strong in faith. If it's not working for you, it's because your faith isn't strong enough.

8. My own earthly father loves his children equally. Infact, my father his so perfect in his ways that you cannot tell who he loves the most amongst us. But this your God will give to a select few what should be enjoyed by everybody and still brag about it. Yet he calls himself perfection. He says, "if you ask of your earthly father bread, will he give you stone? How much more I". Wicked being and liar. I think Satan took after him and he's just jealous he's beating him to his game.

9. All I see is a very selfish person in the name of God who wants everything for himself. He takes a hundred from you but gives two in return.

Understand something: the Jews wrote the Bible. It's an unquestionable believe of the Jews that they are the chosen ones out of all the races of mankind. So to prepare your mind to believe that lie their Bible is littered with stories of God choosing Abraham out of Ur, Jacob over Esau, Joseph over his brothers.

If you want to have some realistic ideas about God just look at nature. Take the sun for example: it shines on all without regard to race, colour, geography or creed.

It's the Jews who want you to believe that they are God's chosen ones that wrote those stories to bend people's mind. And they've succeeded even though it is one of the most incredulous and downright stupid idea that ever was formulated by man.

I used my father to judge God and guess what? God failed!
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by Melian(f): 2:47pm On Sep 30, 2018
DavidEsq:

When u say God "chose" to bless Jacob as against Esau, how exactly did these blessings come about?
The bible records that Isaac favoured Esau and sough to bless him, but was deceived by Jacob. Also, the bible records that Esau sold his birth right (which is his right to the blessings Isaac was to shower on him). Was it not clear that Esau voluntarily relinquished his rights and blessings? Now does the bible not show us that Jacob suffered the consequences of his defeat? Pls giv me a few hours (I wan cook) so I wld show u the scriptures on the above. But first ponder on my answers.

Okay. Thanks.

But I disagree Esau sold his birthright. All had been predestined by God in his typical partial way. So my point exactly is God doesn't exist. If he does he's partial, selfish and wicked. Who wants that kind of father?
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by Mujtahida: 2:47pm On Sep 30, 2018
LordReed:

Oh I realise how insignificant I am in the scheme of things, I don't need a god to tell me that. If god feels challenged he knows what to do. LMFAO!
Fear plus ignorance = God.
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by degamemaster(m): 2:59pm On Sep 30, 2018
LordReed:
Here's the thing all the so called personal encounters are never full on physical encounters. It's either a dream, an impression or a "vision" (more likely a sort of dream as well).

Why is an omnipotent God incapable of having full on physical contact with the people he supposedly loves? Why is everything left to be subjected to the highly distorting realm of dreams and impressions? I would never trust any person who comes and tells me he learnt how to fly a plane from a dream so why should I trust people who say they encountered the creator of the universe in a dream? And he gave them instructions for all of humanity in that dream? Really?

Because God is a spirit and supernatural being. A canal mind cannot understand the things of the spirit.
God bless You!
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by felaismyhero(m): 3:00pm On Sep 30, 2018
sigiyaya:
you know i was once like you so i know exactly what you are going through. Any day you leave the shores of Africa expecially that hell call Nigeria ur eye will open and you can begin to know the truth and see the light
he doesnt even have to leave nigeria,all he needs do is to read more,ancient cultures in the bible too wrote their own histories;he wud find they dont tally with bible stories.for example,no one knows d name of the pharaoh in moses time,the bible didnt say,and surprisingly no egyptian writing talks of numerous semitic slaves slaving for them.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by Melian(f): 3:04pm On Sep 30, 2018
Mujtahida:

If you want to have some realistic ideas about God just look at nature. Take the sun for example: it shines on all without regard to race, colour, geography or creed.

This is an interesting perspective I subscribe to. However, if I may ask, what does God want in return?
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by LordReed(m): 3:06pm On Sep 30, 2018
felaismyhero:
he doesnt even have to leave nigeria,all he needs do is to read more,ancient cultures in the bible too wrote their own histories;he wud find they dont tally with bible stories.for example,no one knows d name of the pharaoh in moses time,the bible didnt say,and surprisingly no egyptian writing talks of numerous semitic slaves slaving for them.

Archeology even deduces that the Israelites are Canaanites that began to assimilate other Canaanite tribes. They never emigrated from anywhere. LoL
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by Abcruz(m): 3:07pm On Sep 30, 2018
marvinsync:

lol Howard Strom?

I've read that story it's nonsense and full of contradictions
one I can prominently remember is towards the end when he asked the angels that out of all the religions which one is the best and they replied the one that brings u closer to God

lol such nonsense , have the angels forgotten the part in the Bible where it says " Jesus is the way the truth and the life , no one goes to the father except through him ".

that guy had a drug induced dream

Come out of the darkness O rebellious one.
For in a little while when your flesh waste away, you will wish you had listened to the reproves of life.

Accept Jesus today for your own good and for the good of the children after you!!!
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by LordReed(m): 3:07pm On Sep 30, 2018
degamemaster:

Because God is a spirit and supernatural being. A canal mind cannot understand the things of the spirit.
God bless You!

LoL! Yes because this so called supernatural being is a construct of your mind. Self deception will not allow you to understand it.
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by waldigit: 3:09pm On Sep 30, 2018
LordReed:
Here's the thing all the so called personal encounters are never full on physical encounters. It's either a dream, an impression or a "vision" (more likely a sort of dream as well).

Why is an omnipotent God incapable of having full on physical contact with the people he supposedly loves? Why is everything left to be subjected to the highly distorting realm of dreams and impressions? I would never trust any person who comes and tells me he learnt how to fly a plane from a dream so why should I trust people who say they encountered the creator of the universe in a dream? And he gave them instructions for all of humanity in that dream? Really?
Pls Sir do your due diligence search there are many scientific inventions which inspiration is from dream. I personally got an inspiration on how to solve an application I was developing from dream once.
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by LordReed(m): 3:10pm On Sep 30, 2018
waldigit:

Pls Sir do your due diligence search there are many scientific inventions which inspiration is from dream. I personally got an inspiration on how to solve an application I was developing from dream once.

Dreams are your mind's construct, no god inspired it.
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by Mujtahida: 3:11pm On Sep 30, 2018
LordReed:

Archeology even deduces that the Israelites are Canaanites that began to assimilate other Canaanite tribes. They never emigrated from anywhere. LoL
They are some who say that the exodus never happened
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by Mujtahida: 3:11pm On Sep 30, 2018
Melian:

This is an interesting perspective I subscribe to. However, if I may ask, what does God want in return?
Until he tells you himself just live your life the best way you know how.

A loving relationship as Christians usually project God as wanting to have with us cannot be by proxy. You cannot claim to love me yet you speak to me through a book and through pastors. There must be constant personal engagement which like you know is not the case. God is absent.

Just live your life. The sun doesn't trouble itself about you, why should you trouble yourself about it?
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by YorubaEmir: 3:18pm On Sep 30, 2018
Mpanyi:

Do you ever have cause to punish he who you loved for going against your rule? If yes. Why punish the person since you knew he would liely be on the wrong side of the rule. In fact why even make the rule at first instance.

Have you ever thrown your loved one inside the fire to punish him? Or throw him inside the river ?

Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by felaismyhero(m): 3:19pm On Sep 30, 2018
Noel1:

Spiritual matters defy reasonings. So, I don't wana get into that argument.

But, let me just chip in a question 4 u bro!

Here it is:

Does the spirit world exist?
i personally believe in the spirit world.point of correction:spiritual matters dont defy reasoning.they(spiritual matters) are physical matters raised to power 1000000.(i hope the zeros are enough!) i hope u understand.we have laws of gravitations,laws of electricity and laws of bla bla bla.im assuring u there are still million more laws to know.by the time humanity gets all the laws(that should be like in 50000 years time!),let me guess,we wud be communicating through our minds,we wud be appearing and disappearing,we wuds be gods! by then,all the spiritual wud be physical.i have watched too much nollywood abi?!
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by LordReed(m): 3:20pm On Sep 30, 2018
Mujtahida:

They are some who say that the exodus never happened

Exactly. There is no evidence the Israelites were ever enslaved in Egypt nor was there evidence of a separate Israelite culture from Canaanites until they developed a monotheistic culture which began to assimilate the surrounding cultures.
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by Melian(f): 3:21pm On Sep 30, 2018
Mujtahida:

Until he tells you himself just live your life the best way you know how.

A loving relationship as Christians usually project God as wanting to have with us cannot be by proxy. You cannot claim to love me yet you speak to me through a book and through pastors. There must be constant personal engagement which like you know is not the case. God is absent.

Just live your life. The sun doesn't trouble itself about you, why should you trouble yourself about it?

This here stimulates careful attention and consideration. I live amongst very religious people and can be hard being myself. Thanks for your input.
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by Mujtahida: 3:24pm On Sep 30, 2018
Melian:

This here stimulates careful attention and consideration. I live amongst very religious people and can be hard being myself. Thanks for your input.
I used to be a Christian. Over two years ago I dropped it because it made me into a person that was not really me. All my family are Christians. I've not been to church since this year but though I'd never be a Christian again I'd go to church for purely social reasons.

You can cultivate your own spirituality.
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by uzoronwusa: 3:26pm On Sep 30, 2018
LordReed:

LoL, so an omniscient God, who knew man will ruin everything, still goes ahead and makes man and you tell me he is not wicked.

You argue like Satan himself.God made provision for our redemption in Christ despite our weaknesses. For God so loved the world... John 3:16.
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by felaismyhero(m): 3:26pm On Sep 30, 2018
LordReed:

yes yes you are right.i have forgotten the name of that jewish archeologist who found that the isrealites also worshipped asherah the canaanite goddess at some point and called her jehovah's wife.
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by Mariangeles(f): 3:27pm On Sep 30, 2018
felaismyhero:
i agree with you that atheist have a void,which will be filled up with the knowledge they get when they finally get answers to their questions,but religious people are stuffed up with unprovable and banal things.
The atheists and their likes believe that "religious people" ,especially Christians owe them some explanations... Nobody owes anybody any explanations on how they choose to live their lives or the path in life they choose to take (as long as they are not hurting anybody )
If you genuinely want to know about my way of life as a Christian, you can ask politely not demanding and making a mockery of what I hold sacred .
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by Mujtahida: 3:30pm On Sep 30, 2018
LordReed:

Exactly. There is no evidence the Israelites were ever enslaved in Egypt nor was there evidence of a separate Israelite culture from Canaanites until they developed a monotheistic culture which began to assimilate the surrounding cultures.
Judaism was never and is still not monotheistic.

Read Jewish History, Jewish Religion:The weight of three thousand years by Israel Shahak
Judaism's Strange gods by Michael E Hoffman
Jewish Religion: it's Influence today by Elizabeth Dilling.

Most Christians are brainwashed dolts who are ignorant of the true nature of Jewish history and Judaism
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by Mujtahida: 3:32pm On Sep 30, 2018
uzoronwusa:

You argue like Satan himself.God made provision for our redemption in Christ despite our weaknesses. For God so loved the world... John 3:16.
That he gave us a book!
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by Uchenaija: 3:33pm On Sep 30, 2018
LordReed:

I don't believe in any sort of god or supernatural being.

So that is why I responded If you don't know where you're from then can you know where you're going?
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by LordReed(m): 3:35pm On Sep 30, 2018
uzoronwusa:

Hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahshahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahaha

O my days! This guy don kee me with laughter. My guy, go and read the real history of the Israelites. LMFAO!
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by felaismyhero(m): 3:35pm On Sep 30, 2018
waldigit:

this is one of the reasons i believe in the spirit world.kekule,a chemist,claimed he got the perfect structure of benzene from a dream.i know many authors who got the inspiration for their books from dreams.so it can be really weird.but that does not justify everything one gets in a dream.especially things relating to religion.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by LordReed(m): 3:37pm On Sep 30, 2018
Mujtahida:

Judaism was never and is still not monotheistic.

Read Jewish History, Jewish Religion:The weight of three thousand years by Israel Shahak
Judaism's Strange gods by Michael E Hoffman
Jewish Religion: it's Influence today by Elizabeth Dilling.

Most Christians are brainwashed dolts who are ignorant of the true nature of Jewish history and Judaism

Yeah that's why Christians could come up with the Trinity doctrine.
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by Melian(f): 3:37pm On Sep 30, 2018
Mujtahida:

I used to be a Christian. Over two years ago I dropped it because it made me into a person that was not really me. All my family are Christians. I've not been to church since this year but though I'd never be a Christian again I'd go to church for purely social reasons.

You can cultivate your own spirituality.

Social reasons is funny. Lol.
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by Yeligray(m): 3:37pm On Sep 30, 2018
LordReed:

I myself asked these questions too once.. I want you to know that man is composed of three parts; the body(flesh), the soul, and the spirit... God himself is a spirit, You can only communicate with God through your spirit. The only reason why we can't communicate with Him is the fact that we deny who we are by letting sin blind us.. In Romans 12:1-2.. '2 says be yelling not conformed to this world but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind that so that you may know what is the perfect, acceptable will of God... I urge you to have a relationship with God today, brother
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by LordReed(m): 3:40pm On Sep 30, 2018
Uchenaija:

So that is why I responded If you don't know where you're from then can you know where you're going?

LoL my guy go, read the real history of the Israelites and learn the true source of your beliefs.
Re: Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' by LordReed(m): 3:41pm On Sep 30, 2018
Yeligray:
I myself asked these questions too once.. I want you to know that man is composed of three parts; the body(flesh), the soul, and the spirit... God himself is a spirit, You can only communicate with God through your spirit. The only reason why we can't communicate with Him is the fact that we deny who we are by letting sin blind us.. In Romans 12:1-2.. '2 says be yelling not conformed to this world but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind that so that you may know what is the perfect, acceptable will of God... I urge you to have a relationship with God today, brother

LoL I will only point you to go read the real history of the Israelites and learn the true source of your beliefs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? / Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church / Apostle Suleman & His Wife, Lizzy Celebrate 16th Wedding Anniversary (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.