Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,199 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection (47498 Views)

Should I Accept A Federal Government Job Or Travel Over Seas? / I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job / Monthly Salary Of A Federal Road Safety (FRSC) Officer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by einsteine(m): 7:21pm On Sep 28, 2018
The reason is because many people in Nigeria believe in miracles.

You still see thousands of people apply for NDA, Immigration , etc (officer cadre) when only 3 or 4 per senatorial district would be selected. They all believe God would choose them ahead of others.

So they keep wasting their time.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by mranova(m): 7:21pm On Sep 28, 2018
Bros, this your analysis will only give you HBP. You have done your part. If you scale through to next stage, thank God and start making connections.

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by Zico5(m): 7:24pm On Sep 28, 2018
pp802:
I stopped hoping or believing in any government job since 2011/12, when I got involved in NSIFT recruitment.

After paying about 2 to 3k in the bank, to enable me get a code/number for filling the form online. We were called for test. After the test they contacted successful candidates. After 2 interviews they said our names had been sent to FCC..... Federal character commission.

99.9% of those names sent never got the job.

I personally went to their Abuja office and I was opportuned to meet a well dressed driver, who came to collect appointment letter for his madam's daughter who just finished schooling abroad and was on her way back to Nigeria
I can relate my brother. I nearly bankrupted myself because of that Nsitf job. I was connected to human resources director in Abuja. I went there live to see her and was dumbfounded when she told me she has no input in the recruitment. Anyone going for federal job without connection is just wasting his time and resources.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by StRichard(m): 7:27pm On Sep 28, 2018
otuekong1:
dis frsc own na wash,i heard frm a very resourceful person that they had already issued appointment letter to their v.i.p candidates ,they just want to form transparent in d eyes of d gullible
what they are doing is just eye service.

Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by julioralph(m): 7:28pm On Sep 28, 2018
You're right.
Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 28, 2018
My brother its a pity nigerians have been so corrupted that they would do anything for money...if you ask they will tell you its survival of the fittest afterall they aren't the first to deceive people...but i will ask, why allow someone to pay you for doing one thing when you can pay urself doing multiple successful jobs..i believe in youth empowerment things can only change in this country when the government realises that they dont own our source of income..and that we are not fully dependent on them to make a life.....and as for those saying God can do it....of course he can do it but is it really worth the test......the poster isnt just speaking for himself but for the remaining thousands that qualified for the job but didnt get it....and others that even wasted a lot of money to bribe and still lost.....

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by CioAngels(f): 7:31pm On Sep 28, 2018
You don't just need ordinary strong connection from the south o, they are just chair warmers, useless people. All you need is not too strong connection as long as he is a northerner you will get fed job because they now dictates who gets the job pass or fail. DPR, they only dictates the pace as those who should employed as we had, who did not do the exam or interview have resumed while merit list are still hoping waiting for Hausa fulani to determine who should be employed after their people would have filled the main offices. Nigeria is doomed, it not about prayer.

9 Likes

Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 28, 2018
Never lose Hope.
Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by nuggarito: 7:33pm On Sep 28, 2018
Oga close your mouth, you are just one hopeless and faithless being. My immediate elder bro entered immigration as an officer with no single connection. Stop discouraging others to try with your petite faith. With God all things are possible.

7 Likes

Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by hustla(m): 7:34pm On Sep 28, 2018
Basalt:

I am not against trying, but as for me, I rather channel that energy in something else and only apply when I am sure of strong connection

Lol na since that immigration time I don know
Didn't even bother to go for that one even though I paid for the form
Na waste of time

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by juniormentor: 7:35pm On Sep 28, 2018
hahahahahahahaha nigeria is a scam
[color=#006600][/color]
hustla:

Lol na since that immigration time I don know
Didn't even bother to go for that one even though I paid for the form
Na waste of time
Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by smasher1(m): 7:36pm On Sep 28, 2018
Basalt:
Those of you who did FRSC physical screening at 82 division Enugu will agree with me that applying for federal government jobs without knowing anyone at the helm of affairs is a WASTE OF RESOURCES, WASTE OF ENERGY AND WASTE OF TIME.

In the entire country, 4600 people will be employed and the possition I applied for is officer cadre and from a reliable source, only 400 people will be taken for that position.

Now let's do a little mathematics.
In my screening center alone, we were over 4000 BSc holders that applied for officer cadre.

Remember 400 is needed in the entire country for the position of officer cadre.
400/37 is approximately 11

It means that only 11 people out of over 4000 applicants will be chosen from Enugu state.

Out of the 11 people, how many politicians have slots? But let assume its strictly based on merit.
11/4000 x 100 = 0.275%
Which means anyone that applied stands a 0.275% cry chance of getting the job and 99.725% chance of not getting the job. cry

My question is now, why wasting money buying white shoes, white shorts and polo and spending on transport and food when you know your chances of getting the job is just 0.275%?

I will never ever ever apply for anything federal government job again unless I have a strong connection I rather channel that energy, time and Resources in something productive.
I also implore jobless graduates to start something that brings money, atleast from there you grow higher and higher while waiting for your dream job because indeed these people (politicians) don't mean well for the youths in this country

Fact. I stopped applying for my state Civil service job in 2010 after seeing how people get the graduate jobs for 400k. Federal civil service graduate is now 750k to 1.5m. I thank God I didn't get the 30-40k a month job back then as I got a bank job the next year that pays 6-digits monthly salary without connection and purely on merit.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by hustla(m): 7:38pm On Sep 28, 2018
juniormentor:
hahahahahahahaha nigeria is a scam
[color=#006600][/color]

Been a scam since
Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by thatigboman: 7:41pm On Sep 28, 2018
Basalt:
Those of you who did FRSC physical screening at 82 division Enugu will agree with me that applying for federal government jobs without knowing anyone at the helm of affairs is a WASTE OF RESOURCES, WASTE OF ENERGY AND WASTE OF TIME.

In the entire country, 4600 people will be employed and the possition I applied for is officer cadre and from a reliable source, only 400 people will be taken for that position.

In my screening center alone, we were over 4000 BSc holders that applied for officer cadre.

It means that only 11 people out of over 4000 applicants will be chosen from Enugu state.

Out of the 11 people, how many politicians have slots? But let assume its strictly based on merit.
11/4000 x 100 = 0.275%
Which means anyone that applied stands a 0.275% cry chance of getting the job and 99.725% chance of not getting the job. cry

My question is now, why wasting money buying white shoes, white shorts and polo and spending on transport and food when you know your chances of getting the job is just 0.275%?

I will never ever ever apply for anything federal government job again unless I have a strong connection I rather channel that energy, time and Resources in something productive.
I also implore jobless graduates to start something that brings money, atleast from there you grow higher and higher while waiting for your dream job because indeed these people (politicians) don't mean well for the youths in this country
applying for any FG job without letter from a senator or HOR member with their letterheaded paper and hand-signed signature is an exercise in futility. Trust me

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by DonMekino(m): 7:45pm On Sep 28, 2018
The most magical one is that the list of Enugu state indigenes will read like...
1. Ahmed Ibrahim
2. Khadijat Daura
3. Mohammed Abdullahi
4. Suleiman Gusau

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by Mcking11(m): 7:46pm On Sep 28, 2018
Awww! I have been reading pain-stabbing experiences about federal government job scamism. It pains so hard that bribery, injustice and nepotism have taken over relegating meritorious efforts.
Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by oshe11: 7:48pm On Sep 28, 2018
Basalt:

11/4000 x 100 = 0.275%

Dont forget You are from the 5%ers, hence 11 slot cant be given to Enugu(same as Northern states)

Perhaps 1 or 2 slot for each Eastern state
Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by Zinny25(f): 7:49pm On Sep 28, 2018
Thank God you have just realized that
Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 28, 2018
nigerian as a country has failed it's citizens
Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by Partnerbiz(f): 7:53pm On Sep 28, 2018
Juliearth:

Bro, this pessimism won't do you any good. I know of a few people who are working with the frsc, dpr....they didn't have connect as at when applying. You should vent this anger into something more positive and pray for God's grace cos that is all that it takes.
You actually buttressed his point.

What's the percentage of those. Indisputably, it's not a merit based system.

5 Likes

Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by tyeenigga(m): 7:54pm On Sep 28, 2018
Someone just got appointment letter dated September 11th 2018. Not just that he has been posted. I also applied but since then hold your job
Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by Akerry(m): 7:56pm On Sep 28, 2018
Basalt:

11/4000 x 100 = 0.275%

I used to think this way till I got a federal government job in Abuja in 2016 without any connections except God. Though I am still aiming higher.
My advice :Never give up & be prayerful

7 Likes

Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by myke92(m): 7:57pm On Sep 28, 2018
QED
Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by claseek(f): 7:58pm On Sep 28, 2018
deblessed:
[color=#990000][/color] I think its high time we Nigerians come out of our sleeps. Bros and Sis, after 15 or approximately 17 years in school, went for NYSC, be check and satisfied by the federal Government. Common Microfinance want to recruits, me to render service to them and they will decide to set test for me to write as if I want to be a lecturer or am looking for admissions in their bank. I think its bullshit.

Why test here and there? Its because they 'Nigerians' dont believe in their teachers and lecturers. The pitiable thing there is that, the person conducting the test does not even know it.

Am tired of this Nation walahi
this is very apt
Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by Shampoo77: 8:10pm On Sep 28, 2018
Thank God you realized on time, you would have wasted you generation waiting for the transparent nigeria that was promised by Buhari aka Mr promise and fail.
Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by LZAA: 8:16pm On Sep 28, 2018
Basalt:

11/4000 x 100 = 0.275%

Why do u think sarkin and Roger3D are glued to bubu's posterior grin

Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by cassidy1996(m): 8:17pm On Sep 28, 2018
bitcoinvin:

idiotic brain....?Religion fanatic.. as if God will give JOB....go and learn skill joorrr
lol
Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by poweredcom(m): 8:23pm On Sep 28, 2018
Thank God self I no send naija jobs na person hustle me de do
Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by four4: 8:24pm On Sep 28, 2018
Mr Man not only federal government job but all government job, from local to federal
Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by henry457: 8:29pm On Sep 28, 2018
I was also shortlisted for FRSC and Dangote refinery at the same time,base on the slot in FRSC, I had to choose dangote and drop FRSC. Though I can only attend one because both of them falls in the same week.thank God I choose dangote

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by Jocknom(m): 8:35pm On Sep 28, 2018
I have never applied for anyone, and I have promise myself never to do that rubbish too, unless I have a connection. Nigeria work is a scam I know that since when we were capturing data at Federal civil service commission in Abuja that year, as we were busy capturing Nigerians graduate details, the commission are busy giving appointment to the preferred candidates. May God help US. I have heard my certificate with NYSC discharge, I want start learning mechanic now sef.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by LZAA: 8:35pm On Sep 28, 2018
nuggarito:
Oga close your mouth, you are just one hopeless and faithless being. My immediate elder bro entered immigration as an officer with no single connection. Stop discouraging others to try with your petite faith. With God all things are possible.
I think u are missing the point
Now lemme give u two examples
1.a guy wakes up one morning in new york,he sees a police recruitment advert,he applies,passes and joins the academy,in all these u will never see him address a superior officer as godfather,go and beg somebody to put his name in final list or go and pay homage to any govt official
2.this nigerian example is actually split in two so be patient
A friend of mine(we schooled in enugu 2geda) wanted to join NDA after waec.he wrote nda like four times and went to interview twice(random right seeing as luck also plays a part in these things).he was not picked.some years later he went to america,saw an army ad after staying there for a while,applied and pronto he was picked(e never finish).he came back last year and as fate would have it,he ran into an officer who was part of the selection board.after some drinks,yhe man told him plain that his name was removed twice to accomodate other candidates
2 of 2.another idiot threw away his heritage to join army,changed name from okafor to garba,claimed to be from kano instead of abia and was picked.the father cursed him and the mother died as a result.up till today that one has not neared his hometown
So u see in a merit based system,as far as everyone has equal opportunity(btw equality is a myth as lets face it some ppl are just more equal).rejection won't hurt that much
On the other hand in a silly corrupt system,well.....

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Edo State Civil Service Recruitment. / Globacom Customer Care Representative. / Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.