Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,964 members, 7,828,432 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection (47490 Views)

Should I Accept A Federal Government Job Or Travel Over Seas? / I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job / Monthly Salary Of A Federal Road Safety (FRSC) Officer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by LZAA: 8:36pm On Sep 28, 2018
Jocknom:
I have never applied for anyone, and I have promise myself never to do that rubbish too, unless I have a connection. Nigeria work is a scam I know that since when we were capturing data at Federal civil service commission in Abuja that year, as we were busy capturing Nigerians graduate details, the commission are busy giving appointment to the preferred candidates. May God help US. I have heard my certificate with NYSC discharge, I want start learning mechanic now sef.

Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 28, 2018
Lol. I wish you Happy New Year.
Una no sabi anything.
Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by Emvicprints1: 8:43pm On Sep 28, 2018
pp802:
I stopped hoping or believing in any government job since 2011/12, when I got involved in NSIFT recruitment.

After paying about 2 to 3k in the bank, to enable me get a code/number for filling the form online. We were called for test. After the test they contacted successful candidates. After 2 interviews they said our names had been sent to FCC..... Federal character commission.

99.9% of those names sent never got the job.

I personally went to their Abuja office and I was opportuned to meet a well dressed driver, who came to collect appointment letter for his madam's daughter who just finished schooling abroad and was on her way back to Nigeria
for real ?
Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by Emvicprints1: 8:46pm On Sep 28, 2018
thariodamaniac:
My brother its a pity nigerians have been so corrupted that they would do anything for money...if you ask they will tell you its survival of the fittest afterall they aren't the first to deceive people...but i will ask, why allow someone to pay you for doing one thing when you can pay urself doing multiple successful jobs..i believe in youth empowerment things can only change in this country when the government realises that they dont own our source of income..and that we are not fully dependent on them to make a life.....and as for those saying God can do it....of course he can do it but is it really worth the test......the poster isnt just speaking for himself but for the remaining thousands that qualified for the job but didnt get it....and others that even wasted a lot of money to bribe and still lost.....
bro like what?
Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by emmanuelpopson(m): 8:52pm On Sep 28, 2018
The system is corrupt from the base to the peak.. people not qualified paying and taking the positions of the qualified..Merit is removed from the selection process and this is why we have redundancies and block heads in MDAs around the country...
this is not gonna stop because its a chain...from the applicant>middleman>godfather>traditional ruler>Senator>Minister..
reason why the amount is bogus as each one gonna have his cuts.. meanwhile all these people are affiliated to one religious house.. mosques or churches and they all feign innocent in corruption...
Nigeria isn't going anywhere near development soon as this attitude will sink the country some years to come
the coming generation has a lot of work to do..

7 Likes

Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by Bgetto: 8:54pm On Sep 28, 2018
2000 percent I agreed
Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by Buffalowings3(m): 8:56pm On Sep 28, 2018
mu2sa2:
That was during Gej era. Things appear better now.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
You're a joker

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by bnsheikh(m): 9:19pm On Sep 28, 2018
I also applied only in case if any1 ask 4 my print out slip. I didn't bother myself for any screening. I remember wen i jst finished NYSC, i was so enthusiastic, applying for evrything nd attended so many countless screenings. But now i'm wise. I rather b at home. If not 4 my faith, i would say y am i a Nigerian. Ds country is a hell.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by tambiri77: 9:41pm On Sep 28, 2018
Guy your observation is noting but a pure truth This year immigration recruitment, I have an uncle who happen to be an controller of immigration and I told him I have apply for immigration recruitment that he should help me out but I was shock with his response that why I was just telling him now that they have already share the slot among themselves I shouldn't bounder waste my time that was even before they finish selling form. I keep my faith on and did all the necessary things for the recruitment at the end I was not successful. This country if you don't know any high connected person your name na sorry. May God help the poor.Amen.
Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by menwongo(m): 9:42pm On Sep 28, 2018
otuekong1:
dis frsc own na wash,i heard frm a very resourceful person that they had already issued appointment letter to their v.i.p candidates ,they just want to form transparent in d eyes of d gullible

Same as DPR. Any thing that's permanent work is for their children while Npower and co are you the commoners!
Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by JOETITUS(m): 9:44pm On Sep 28, 2018
Immigration taught me a good lesson. After spending time to apply na 500K dem com demand. I ask myself if I had had such, why I come apply for de job? when I saw de FRSC advert, my analysis is when senator, house of Representatives members, Ogas, Governors, Ministers take their slots, what is left for the man without connection?

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by akaahs(m): 9:46pm On Sep 28, 2018
Lazy youth looking for 50000k work upandan

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by GreenCap: 10:01pm On Sep 28, 2018
have never applied for air forc, navi, arm, pol, custom, immigrateshun, prison, civil defense, fire serv and road safety jobs before
Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 28, 2018
menwongo:

Same as DPR. Any thing that's permanent work is for their children while Npower and co are you the commoners!
a revolution needs to happen in naija,our leaders always press our mumu button{religion] just to deceive us
Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by mightguy(m): 10:05pm On Sep 28, 2018
Nigeria is evil. I don't knw why of all places y Nigeria.. Am sick and tired of Nigeria
Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by mightguy(m): 10:07pm On Sep 28, 2018
otuekong1:
a revolution needs to happen in naija,our leaders always press our mumu button{religion] just to deceive us
who will lead the revolution?. Tribalism and wickedness and hatred in all places... Favoritism.. Nah my tribe man still he is killing u peeps with hunger.. Who will bell the cat

5 Likes

Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by writeprof(m): 10:07pm On Sep 28, 2018
pp802:
I stopped hoping or believing in any government job since 2011/12, when I got involved in NSIFT recruitment.

After paying about 2 to 3k in the bank, to enable me get a code/number for filling the form online. We were called for test. After the test they contacted successful candidates. After 2 interviews they said our names had been sent to FCC..... Federal character commission.

I personally went to their Abuja office and I was opportuned to meet a well dressed driver, who came to collect appointment letter for his madam's daughter who just finished schooling abroad and was on her way back to Nigeria
Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by mightguy(m): 10:09pm On Sep 28, 2018
JOETITUS:
Immigration taught me a good lesson. After spending time to apply na 500K dem com demand. I ask myself if I had had such, why I come apply for de job? when I saw de FRSC advert, my analysis is when senator, house of Representatives members, Ogas, Governors, Ministers take their slots, what is left for the man without connection?
this people are evil. When I saw what happened with the scholarship China gave Nigerians to learn rail way engineering and how Amaechi and co took everything and proudly telling Nigerians what they did. Am sick and tired
Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 28, 2018
mightguy:
who will lead the revolution?. Tribalism and wickedness and hatred in all places... Favoritism.. Nah my tribe man still he is killing u peeps with hunger.. Who will bell the cat
yeah, but d campaign can start if d youths can create a social media platform like #Take it, thou it might take time but its possible

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by tayo4ng(m): 10:15pm On Sep 28, 2018
otuekong1:
dis frsc own na wash,i heard frm a very resourceful person that they had already issued appointment letter to their v.i.p candidates ,they just want to form transparent in d eyes of d gullible
from a reliable source the SGF was given 30 slots because his among those who help the reinstatement of the corp marshal
Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by Nobody: 10:18pm On Sep 28, 2018
menwongo:

we can #TAKE IT BACK, this system is corrupt n to actualize it we got to be very brutal
Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by Nobody: 10:18pm On Sep 28, 2018
menwongo:

we can #TAKE IT BACK, this system is corrupt n to actualize it we got to be very aggressive

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by Gkemz: 10:23pm On Sep 28, 2018
So after passing through a rigorous and humiliating recruitment process, it ends like this. I was told by a reliable source that in some camps applicants were asked to unclad themselves to be screened. Imagine asking a mature guy or lady to remove his/her underwear.
Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by Nobody: 10:24pm On Sep 28, 2018
tayo4ng:
from a reliable source the SGF was given 30 slots because his among those who help the reinstatement of the corp marshal
and d sgf will go to church n pray to GOD, religion is a big scam in nigeria, may boko haram visit him n is fellow who are cheating d average(common] nigerians
Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by benkuzzy(m): 10:26pm On Sep 28, 2018
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Basalt:
Those of you who did FRSC physical screening at 82 division Enugu will agree with me that applying for federal government jobs without knowing anyone at the helm of affairs is a WASTE OF RESOURCES, WASTE OF ENERGY AND WASTE OF TIME.

In the entire country, 4600 people will be employed and the possition I applied for is officer cadre and from a reliable source, only 400 people will be taken for that position.

Now let's do a little mathematics.
In my screening center alone, we were over 4000 BSc holders that applied for officer cadre.

Remember 400 is needed in the entire country for the position of officer cadre.
400/37 is approximately 11

It means that only 11 people out of over 4000 applicants will be chosen from Enugu state.

Out of the 11 people, how many politicians have slots? But let assume its strictly based on merit.
11/4000 x 100 = 0.275%
Which means anyone that applied stands a 0.275% cry chance of getting the job and 99.725% chance of not getting the job. cry

My question is now, why wasting money buying white shoes, white shorts and polo and spending on transport and food when you know your chances of getting the job is just 0.275%?

I will never ever ever apply for anything federal government job again unless I have a strong connection I rather channel that energy, time and Resources in something productive.
I also implore jobless graduates to start something that brings money, atleast from there you grow higher and higher while waiting for your dream job because indeed these people (politicians) don't mean well for the youths in this country

Bro, you're very true and entitled to your opinion. But never loose hope, keep trying and despise not the days of your little beginning,there's always light at the end of the tunnel, favour on your way soonest, keep hope alive

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by DAntivirus: 10:32pm On Sep 28, 2018
chiommy123:
na for immigration own I take advice myself as sun take ' finished' us that day at Enugu stadium exam we didn't write. it was a terrible experience. May God help us the job seekers in this country

Lol, which state are you based?
Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by Horlamidei(m): 10:33pm On Sep 28, 2018
pp802:

WTF!!!
Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by Nobody: 10:43pm On Sep 28, 2018
mu2sa2:
That was during Gej era. Things appear better now.

Now is even the worst...It's even more of a business now...FIRS now is 1.5m and above unlike 500k or 750k before.

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by Nobody: 10:44pm On Sep 28, 2018
Akerry:
I used to think this way till I got a federal government job in Abuja in 2016 without any connections except God. Though I am still aiming higher.
My advice :Never give up & be prayerful
bro can u help me? I will definitely pay with my first 6 months salary pls.
Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by larrypourl(m): 10:50pm On Sep 28, 2018
otuekong1:

99% of FG jobs are like that. The general interview conducted for the public is wash, just formality and they're simply following the public service rules which states that all positions should be advertised in the national dailies. The same public service rule is also flexible to suit them as there are provisions of offering temporary appointment and formalize it later which is called regularization of interview. God help us.

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by Timagex(m): 11:00pm On Sep 28, 2018
Powerexpert:
grin

I remembered vividly the immigration brouhaha. When I saw the crowd, I immediately concluded that I was there to play.

I was corporately dressed so I decided to have fun with the show, come and see crowd.

Test sheet did not go round, so people were making copies of it. In my mind, I was like is this exam? I just form official there, directing them on what and what not to do and they were all saying sir sir! grin

You need to see how graduates were manhandled. It was a pitiable state. I felt like that was the best time for youth revolution but nobody seem to be thinking in my direction.

All in all, it is always good to try despite the odds. Ask baba Ijebu for tutorials on that.

. You are a comedian! cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection by Abimbola29(m): 12:10am On Sep 29, 2018
may God help us all,I know we will all get there someday

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Edo State Civil Service Recruitment. / Globacom Customer Care Representative. / Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.