Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Interceding in Tongues - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Interceding in Tongues (4898 Views)

The Prayer Room! Strictly Interceding For Others / Pastor Odumeje Praying On Mountain Top, Interceding For The World / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interceding in Tongues by Brokay2908: 11:18am On Oct 09, 2018
The WhatsApp group "Interceding in Tongues" has been created. You can copy on this link to join.

https://chat dot whatsapp dot com/invite/KCt78FPz5i5EUcU3dRbUrg
Replace the "dot" with .

So, we have both 6pm and 8pm. We will use the two if we can't adopt one for now. I can make myself available for both, so let's make it a date with the Holy Spirit together on those hours: 6pm-6:30pm and 8pm-8:30pm today, Tuesday.

This is open also to those who may not yet be speaking in tongues but believe in it and desire to, to join us in faith. These are things we do to encourage one another's faith and uplift one another spiritually. This is also part of worshiping God in spirit and in truth. We do not only know this on written pages of the Bible but we act on it and power is surely released in such ACTions of faith. No wonder the book of ACTS is a power-packed account of the ACTors of faith. The devil too was in panic when he saw Christians begining to do something productive with their faith. And his devices include looking for how to waste their precious time and energy engaging in rancorous, fruitless and endless debates. But we know better.
Re: Interceding in Tongues by oyeludef(m): 12:52pm On Oct 09, 2018
Brokay2908:
The WhatsApp group "Interceding in Tongues" has been created. You can click on this link to join.

(the dots should be changed to . )
chat dot whatsapp dot com/invite/FQ09KbMZWvLImSULQSkcR5

So, we have both 6pm and 8pm. We will use the two if we can't adopt one for now. I can make myself available for both, so let's make it a date with the Holy Spirit together on those hours: 6pm-6:30pm and 8pm-8:30pm today, Tuesday.

This is open also to those who may not yet be speaking in tongues but believe in it and desire to, to join us in faith. These are things we do to encourage one another's faith and uplift one another spiritually. This is also part of worshiping God in spirit and in truth. We do not only know this on written pages of the Bible but we act on it and power is surely released in such ACTions of faith. No wonder the book of ACTS is a power-packed account of the ACTors of faith. The devil too was in panic when he saw Christians begining to do something productive with their faith. And his devices include looking for how to waste their precious time and energy engaging in rancorous, fruitless and endless debates. But we know better.
anytime is OK by me too
Re: Interceding in Tongues by Brokay2908: 1:04pm On Oct 09, 2018
oyeludef:
anytime is OK by me too
Okay then. Let's make it 8pm-8:30pm for all of us.
Re: Interceding in Tongues by oyeludef(m): 1:16pm On Oct 09, 2018
Brokay2908:

Okay then. Let's make it 8pm-8:30pm for all of us.
okay
Re: Interceding in Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 8:23pm On Oct 09, 2018
"I can guarantee that on judgment day
people will have to give an account of every careless tongue word they say.

- Matthew 12:36

There was a report of a participating guest preacher from East Africa, who was part of a move of God crusade slash revival meeting
During one of the day's event, someone got up and started speaking in an unknown "rebobo kisalamata dereretikili" etcetera tongue.
The guest preacher, promptly stood and made known to the man with him, that he is going out as he wants to leave.

After they got outside, the guest preacher, red in the face, said to the man and others with him,
that the language the person inside was speaking in, was an East African dialect
and the words utterred were extremely too nauseating and unpleasant to be repeated.

If I were anyone, at tonight's WhatsApp rendenvous,
I will absolutely make sure, I understand and know exactly what I am saying at all the times and during the session

If any at the WhatsApp rendenvous, didnt pray in the above advised way tonight, then it means their "spirit" somehow indeed prayed,
and the spoken tongue was utterred and/or prayed without understanding, as the mind had no part in it and it was unfruitful.

I have shared about this famous person, that typed her "praying in tongues" out on FaceBook
The other day, another "speaking in tongue" person, on a separate occasion,
without being aware, was found to be actually blaspheming the Lord, Jesus Christ whilst "speaking in tongue"
Brokay2908, oyeludef, yinkbell

1 Like

Re: Interceding in Tongues by yinkbell: 9:53pm On Oct 09, 2018
Brokay2908:

You are in bro. You will be kept informed via SMS.

thnaks bro for the message.
i participated in today's prayer.

1 Like

Re: Interceding in Tongues by Hier(m): 11:05pm On Oct 09, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Yeah speaking in tongue (other human language you are not familiar with)is a wonderful gift, not the kind we practice today.

Speaking what is not interpreatable.

1 Corinthians 14:2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.
Re: Interceding in Tongues by Brokay2908: 5:19am On Oct 10, 2018
yinkbell:

thnaks bro for the message. i participated in today's prayer.
Thank God. That's good.
Re: Interceding in Tongues by Brokay2908: 5:25am On Oct 10, 2018
Thank God for the successful intercession exercise yesterday. Appreciate those who have kept it a date with the Holy Spirit. That means something if we continue in it. We can also share what challenges we have on our prayer life or questions thereabout.
Re: Interceding in Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 7:10am On Oct 10, 2018
bloodofthelamb:
Yeah speaking in tongue (other human language you are not familiar with) is a wonderful gift, not the kind we practice today.

Speaking what is not interpreatable.

Hier:
1 Corinthians 14:2
For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God:
for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.
Hier, please explain, in such a way, a six-year-old, could in toto understand, what that 1 Corinthians 14:2 verse means
and support with example(s) to illustrate the meaning.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Interceding in Tongues by oyeludef(m): 8:42am On Oct 10, 2018
Please brethren let's be sensitive and simply avoid those who are simply here to argue and derail our purpose here. We are children of the most high God and what we are doing here is a threat to d kingdom of darkness.
Re: Interceding in Tongues by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 10, 2018
Speaking in tongues has taken over my prayer life,l dread praying in public cos once l open my mouth,it keeps pouring out,even when l stopped praying for a long time,and felt the holy spirit has left me,the moment l decide to pray,it comes up after few minutes of prayer,it comes with a surge and movement l can't control,l always find myself moving in different direction,style while speaking in tongues without control,sometimes l moan ,more like singing what l don't know,l always feel dizzy and sick after such section,it take me extra effort to stop praying cos l don't understand what l say or do, but the bitter part is that l don't feel fulfilled because l feel l wasn't given the opportunity to say what l have in mind,l feel so unsure .
Re: Interceding in Tongues by Brokay2908: 9:38am On Oct 10, 2018
ikechizoba:
Speaking in tongues has taken over my prayer life,l dread praying in public cos once l open my mouth,it keeps pouring out,even when l stopped praying for a long time,and felt the holy spirit has left me,the moment l decide to pray,it comes up after few minutes of prayer,it comes with a surge and movement l can't control,l always find myself moving in different direction,style while speaking in tongues without control,sometimes l moan ,more like singing what l don't know,l always feel dizzy and sick after such section,it take me extra effort to stop praying cos l don't understand what l say or do, but the bitter part is that l don't feel fulfilled because l feel l wasn't given the opportunity to say what l have in mind,l feel so unsure .
I really will like to chat with you personally, not on this platform. Maybe there are things we can discuss that may be of help.
Re: Interceding in Tongues by Hier(m): 11:24am On Oct 10, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

Hier, please explain, in such a way, a six-year-old, could in toto understand, what that 1 Corinthians 14:2 verse means
and support with example(s) to illustrate the meaning.
Thank you.

https://www.nairaland.com/4136496/these-men-drunk-wine-misconception/1

From the above link, we've had this conversation and I perceived the journey was not going to be profitable for me, so I quitted.

What does the verse mean, here is what the verse says,

1 Corinthians 14:2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

He speaketh(voice)

no man understandeth (the voice is not understood by any man)

he speaketh mysteries ( the voice is a mystery no one understands).

As bolded
Re: Interceding in Tongues by Hier(m): 11:36am On Oct 10, 2018
ikechizoba:

I would advise you meet the pastor or the person who prayed for you for advise. Always be open,don't keep some things to yourself, they understand this things better than you do, and they can give you the proper tutilling you need. There was an Elijah for Elisha, God has set some in the church, for our growth and edification
Ephesians 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
Re: Interceding in Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 12:10pm On Oct 10, 2018
oyeludef:
Please brethren let's be sensitive and simply avoid those who are simply here to argue and derail our purpose here. We are children of the most high God and what we are doing here is a threat to d kingdom of darkness
It is tantamount to criminality to want to censor.
You have nothing better to say, except for throwing innuendos.

ikechizoba:
Speaking in tongues has taken over my prayer life.

I dread praying in public cos once l open my mouth,
It keeps pouring out, even when l stopped praying for a long time, and felt the holy spirit has left me, the moment l decide to pray, it comes up after few minutes of prayer, it comes with a surge and movement l can't control,

I always find myself moving in different direction, style while speaking in tongues without control, sometimes l moan, more like singing what l don't know, I always feel dizzy and sick after such section, it take me extra effort to stop praying cos l don't understand what l say or do, but the bitter part is that l don't feel fulfilled because l feel l wasn't given the opportunity to say what l have in mind, l feel so unsure .
This is what indoctrination and bad midwifery experience causes.

Are you aware speaking in tongues, is not a quick fix or shortcut substitute to actual and outright interpretable prayers?
Are you aware there are bliblical laid down guidelines for speaking in tongues?
Are you aware of the reason, who for, speaking in tongues were and are given?

Pray to God, for the Spirit of truth to show and guide you to all truth about the matter

Hier:
https://www.nairaland.com/4136496/these-men-drunk-wine-misconception/1

From the above link, we've had this conversation
and I perceived the journey was not going to be profitable for me, so I quitted
I don't read you in that link, saying much.
I perceive you knew that you are skating on thin ice
You knew soon will be found out and so you quitted

Hier:
What does the verse mean, here is what the verse says,

He speaketh (voice)

no man understandeth (the voice is not understood by any man)

he speaketh mysteries ( the voice is a mystery no one understands).

As bolded
Thank you so much for your response,
although expected examples weren't given, I am still grateful to you for sharing with us what the verse means.

He speaketh
(voice)
>> He that speaketh Russia

no man understandeth
(the voice is not understood by any man)
>> Igbo/Yoruba/Hausa wouldn't understand him

he speaketh mysteries
( the voice is a mystery no one understands).
>> Russian voice is a mystery to them,
as no one of them understands what he is saying

1 Like

Re: Interceding in Tongues by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 10, 2018
Brokay2908:

I really will like to chat with you personally, not on this platform. Maybe there are things we can discuss that may be of help.

OK,thank you,l really need that,l have lost contact with the SD l know
Re: Interceding in Tongues by Hier(m): 12:31pm On Oct 10, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
It is tantamount to criminality to want to censor.
You have nothing better to say, except for throwing innuendos.

This is what indoctrination and bad midwifery experience causes.

Are you aware speaking in tongues, is not a quick fix or shortcut substitute to actual and outright interpretable prayers?
Are you aware there are bliblical laid down guidelines for speaking in tongues?
Are you aware of the reason, who for, speaking in tongues were and are given?

Pray to God, for the Spirit of truth to show and guide you to all truth about the matter

I don't read you in that link, saying much.
I perceive you knew that you are skating on thin ice
You knew soon will be found out and so you quitted

Thank you so much for your response,
although expected examples weren't given, I am still grateful to you for sharing with us what the verse means.

He speaketh
(voice)
>> He that speaketh Russia

no man understandeth
(the voice is not understood by any man)
>> Igbo/Yoruba/Hausa wouldn't understand him

he speaketh mysteries
( the voice is a mystery no one understands).
>> Russian voice is a mystery to them,
as no one of them understands what he is saying

It's called tongues of Angel, no man understandeth him, no man can understand him, now the fact still remains, it's a form of prayer, one that's prayed whenever we are less busy or sth, tongues can be prayed everywhere, just that, as Paul mentioned, the Spirit of the prophet(speaker) is subject to the speaker, meaning if he tends to get loud as to disturbing the church with with the unknown tongues, he can lower his voice, not to create a disturbance
Re: Interceding in Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 1:22pm On Oct 10, 2018
Hier:
It's called tongues of Angel
I dont see in my bible where it is called tongues, where is it called tongues?

Hier:
no man understandeth him, no man can understand him, now the fact still remains, it's a form of prayer, one that's prayed whenever we are less busy or sth
Read the last sentence of your comment.
You said, one that's prayed whenever we are less busy or something.

Hier:
tongues can be prayed everywhere, just that, as Paul mentioned, the Spirit of the prophet(speaker) is subject to the speaker, meaning if he tends to get loud as to disturbing the church with with the unknown tongues, he can lower his voice, not to create a disturbance
Rhetorics.
You can fall out with yourself

1 Like

Re: Interceding in Tongues by Hier(m): 2:44pm On Oct 10, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
I dont see in my bible where it is called tongues, where is it called tongues?

Read the last sentence of your comment.
You said, one that's prayed whenever we are less busy or something.

Rhetorics.
You can fall out with yourself

I think I won't continue this conversation anymore, you are seeking for faults and it's all a waste of time, like in the former thread.

1 Corinthians 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
TONGUES OF ANGELS - MEN CAN NOT UNDERSTAND yea, men eat Angels bread

Concerning where I said one we pray when we are less busy, what I meant is, we pray when we are less busy. The Bible said that we should attend to the Lord without distraction, if you are not distracted, you are less busy, I believe we close from there, bye
Re: Interceding in Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 4:11pm On Oct 10, 2018
Hier:
I think I won't continue this conversation anymore, you are seeking for faults and it's all a waste of time, like in the former thread.
You can't continue or not continue, do what you like.

I am not seeking faults but I do see gaping wide holes bigger than a Swiss Cottage cheese.
You expect me to roll over at your gaffs. Right?

Don't cut your nose off, to spite your face.
Don't be like those babies who throw their dummies out of the pram, just because they've been found out.

Like I said, I didn't read you sharing much, in the other thread, so I don't know what you are on about, trying to make out as if anything went on in there.

Hier:
1 Corinthians 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
TONGUES OF ANGELS - MEN CAN NOT UNDERSTAND yea, men eat Angels bread
For starters, it is not "though" but it is "if"

Secondly, I doubt you are familiar with biblical hyperboles.

Lastly, if I should say:
If Mr O spray hier with one million dollars
but his wife and kids haven't eaten for days,
then he has misplaced his priorities

Now, tell me, does anywhere in that my last statement above, automatically means Mr O has a million dollars?

Hier:
Concerning where I said one we pray when we are less busy, what I meant is, we pray when we are less busy. The Bible said that we should attend to the Lord without distraction, if you are not distracted, you are less busy, I believe we close from there, bye
You are digging a bigger hole for yourself with such a comment like this.

Remember there is no short-cuts.
Speaking in tongues is not a short-cut mechanism.
It is not a talisman, nor is it a ploy to confuse the devil or demons with the content of the prayer by speaking in unknown tongues.

When one's spirit is tuned in and is in tune with the Holy Spirit, that one will know how to pray in the spirit and according to the will of God.
Do you know why the spirit groans?
Re: Interceding in Tongues by Brokay2908: 4:19pm On Oct 10, 2018
ikechizoba:

OK,thank you,l really need that,l have lost contact with the SD l know
Ok. You can just send message to: switord@gmail.com
we can go on from there
Re: Interceding in Tongues by Hier(m): 4:58pm On Oct 10, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
You can't continue or not continue, do what you like.

I am not seeking faults but I do see gaping wide holes bigger than a Swiss Cottage cheese.
You expect me to roll over at your gaffs. Right?

Don't cut your nose off, to spite your face.
Don't be like those babies who throw their dummies out of the pram, just because they've been found out.

Like I said, I didn't read you sharing much, in the other thread, so I don't know what you are on about, trying to make out as if anything went on in there.

For starters, it is not "though" but it is "if"

Secondly, I doubt you are familiar with biblical hyperboles.

Lastly, if I should say:
If Mr O spray hier with one million dollars
but his wife and kids haven't eaten for days,
then he has misplaced his priorities

Now, tell me, does anywhere in that my last statement above, automatically means Mr O has a million dollars?

You are digging a bigger hole for yourself with such a comment like this.

Remember there is no short-cuts.
Speaking in tongues is not a short-cut mechanism.
It is not a talisman, nor is it a ploy to confuse the devil or demons with the content of the prayer by speaking in unknown tongues.

When one's spirit is tuned in and is in tune with the Holy Spirit, that one will know how to pray in the spirit and according to the will of God.
Do you know why the spirit groans?

Alright, I created that thread under one of my monikers, I.e. Godsmopol, and the thread was littered with endless what so call. I really don't enjoy having conversations with you, and having one of its kind on the same topic is not I would have given a second thought. But you know what, God can raise stones out of those who throw stones. Paul is a perfect example.

The verse I quote was King James Version, a popular and most recognised Bible translation, and in case you care to use your king James Translation, it say, Though I speak.

Well, I believe that would be all I have to say, I would save the rest for those who have perfect understanding of Spiritual things, Shalom
Re: Interceding in Tongues by oyeludef(m): 7:47pm On Oct 10, 2018
ikechizoba:
permit me to add to what other brethren have said as I perceive this amongst other sincere questions are part of the reasons God laid it in the heart of the OP to create this thread.
Everything in our Christian work requires faith including speaking in tongues. The Holy spirit knows what u need per time .the Bible says we do not know how to pray as we ought but the Spirit helps our infirmity by interceding for us. Just picture it this way, knowledge in the sense realm is very limited. You may think ur problem is just a little headache whereas it is a malaria. Praying in ur knowledge is like taking paracetamol, praying in the spirit is taking an antimalaria. Holy Spirit knows your need and ur divine purpose too according to Gods design and he helps u pray accurate prayer. When u r praying in tongues, don't feel cheated, instead picture ursef as being helped and carried by ur heavenly father. You can't pray in tongues consistently and remain the same. All u think u need to pray for and those u don't even know DAT are ahead of u are covered during ur prayer time with the Most High God

2 Likes

Re: Interceding in Tongues by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:16pm On Oct 10, 2018
Hier:

Hier I have some Chinese guys around me. Whenever they begin to communicate in their tongue, it becomes an unknown tongue to me because I do not understand them.

Whatever I do not understand is a mystery to me.

1 Like

Re: Interceding in Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 9:23pm On Oct 10, 2018
Hier:
Alright, I created that thread under one of my monikers, i.e. Godsmopol,
and the thread was littered with endless what so call
So, you are Godsmopol?
I didnt know Godsmopol, is Hier, on another moniker.

I arrived at the conclusion a long ago that you and the other two, are will-o'-the-wisps.
You were caught flat footed on that thread, that's why you jacked it in pretty sharpishly quick

The thing about the truth, is, not a lot of people can handle it
and the only people who are making innuendoes at you for speaking the truth, are those people who are living a lie

I've gone over the 3 page long thread
Now in addition to what I earlier said, and after re-reading it, I safely can say, you shared nothing but ignorance on the thread,
so I am right when I earlier said, I don't know what you are on about, trying to make out as if anything went on in there.

Hier:
I really don't enjoy having conversations with you,
and having one of its kind on the same topic is not I would have given a second thought
Painful truth, is better than a pleasant lie
Truth hurts but it doesnt kill

You need to explain yourself Hier, why dont you enjoy having conservations with me?
Why are you not into having me on a same topic you are on?

Hier:
But you know what, God can raise stones out of those who throw stones.
Paul is a perfect example.
Do you think you're particularly being persecuted?

Hier:
The verse I quote was King James Version, a popular and most recognised Bible translation,
and in case you care to use your king James Translation, it say, Though I speak.
In case, you care about what was written in the originally text, that, King James Version was translated from,
it says, "if" in the original text and not "though"

Whether it's "though" instead of "if" you want to settle for, respond to the below

"Though or if Mr O spray Hier with one million dollars
but Mr O's wife and kids haven't eaten for days,
then Mr O has misplaced his priorities
"

Now, tell me, does anywhere in the immediate above paragraph, automatically mean, Mr O has a million dollars?

Hier:
Well, I believe that would be all I have to say, I would save the rest for those who have perfect understanding of Spiritual things, Shalom
Close some doors today, simply because they lead you nowhere
Old keys, wont open new doors.
Keep an open mind, but I guess you probably won't bother to because it doesn't fit into the illusion you have
You are, afterall, what you eat.

The truth is no longer hidden, but people, are hiding from the truth
because of pretending to understand something, when not

Knowledge, is learning something new, every day,
and wisdom is letting go of something, every day
Now, is the time, to let go of inherited lies

Hier:
1 Corinthians 14:2
For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God:
for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

bloodofthelamb:
Hier I have some Chinese guys around me.
Whenever they begin to communicate in their tongue, it becomes an unknown tongue to me because I do not understand them.

Whatever I do not understand is a mystery to me.
[img]https://s2/images/tang.jpg[/img]
https://biblehub.com/commentaries/cambridge/1_corinthians/14.htm
Would you believe, I once thought the moniker bloodofthelamb, was Godsmopol/Hier alter ego moniker
Re: Interceding in Tongues by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 10, 2018
oyeludef:
permit me to add to what other brethren have said as I perceive this amongst other sincere questions are part of the reasons God laid it in the heart of the OP to create this thread.
Everything in our Christian work requires faith including speaking in tongues. The Holy spirit knows what u need per time .the Bible says we do not know how to pray as we ought but the Spirit helps our infirmity by interceding for us. Just picture it this way, knowledge in the sense realm is very limited. You may think ur problem is just a little headache whereas it is a malaria. Praying in ur knowledge is like taking paracetamol, praying in the spirit is taking an antimalaria. Holy Spirit knows your need and ur divine purpose too according to Gods design and he helps u pray accurate prayer. When u r praying in tongues, don't feel cheated, instead picture ursef as being helped and carried by ur heavenly father. You can't pray in tongues consistently and remain the same. All u think u need to pray for and those u don't even know DAT are ahead of u are covered during ur prayer time with the Most High God

Yes,l came across it in the bible,the thing is that l feel empty,even b4 l started speaking in tongues, l had an encounter with God ,during a night vigil at the holy mountain in enugu,that made me experience, for the 1st time,the touch of the holy spirit, the next day after that encounter, l started having this excruciating pain on my palms,at the spot where Jesus was nailed to the cross. l became alarmed because l couldn't see any wound but the pains were there. it continued the next day,l couldn't bear it,l had to open up to my spiritual director then and he said it was the manifestation of the gift of healing, l told him l wanted the pains to go,cos it was becoming unbearable, and he prayed for me,and l was relieved of the pains the next day,yet l felt empty.
Now ,speaking in tongues, l still feel empty. why? is my spirit rejecting this gifts because l am still a baby in terms of being spiritual, and l don't know how to grow in them,instead of being delighted, l feel scared and unworthy,like l am not supposed to experience them.l really need direction
Re: Interceding in Tongues by oyeludef(m): 12:00am On Oct 11, 2018
ikechizoba:

Yes,l came across it in the bible,the thing is that l feel empty,even b4 l started speaking in tongues, l had an encounter with God ,during a night vigil at the holy mountain in enugu,that made me experience, for the 1st time,the touch of the holy spirit, the next day after that encounter, l started having this excruciating pain on my palms,at the spot where Jesus was nailed to the cross. l became alarmed because l couldn't see any wound but the pains were there. it continued the next day,l couldn't bear it,l had to open up to my spiritual director then and he said it was the manifestation of the gift of healing, l told him l wanted the pains to go,cos it was becoming unbearable, and he prayed for me,and l was relieved of the pains the next day,yet l felt empty.
Now ,speaking in tongues, l still feel empty. why? is my spirit rejecting this gifts because l am still a baby in terms of being spiritual, and l don't know how to grow in them,instead of being delighted, l feel scared and unworthy,like l am not supposed to experience them.l really need direction
It is called a gift because it is a gift and u need to understand that. We would never have been able to receive it if we had to be qualified for it just like salvation, it is a free gift of God. U experienced the second level of the anointing of God which affects thebody and it is usually an anointing that comes on us to help other persons apart from ourselves and dat is y u aint feeliing happy cos the joy comes in fulfilling our divine purpose.What you should do is get familiar with the operations of this gift in your private prayer, ask the Holy spirit to teach you about the gift he gave you and he will start guiding you. The Holy Spirit trains in private before he sends you out. Wen u see opportunity to pray for a sick person, try using the hand to pray for the person as our gifts gets sharpened with practice. Don't be in a hurry to see results, just keep on praying in the spirit with more focus henceforth.
Re: Interceding in Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 8:16am On Oct 11, 2018
The above screen grab from bible hub, agrees nicely, with the illustration in your comment bloodofthelamb
Re: Interceding in Tongues by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:40am On Oct 11, 2018
Bro MuttleyLaff, I only have this moniker to my name. Though Hier is a brother in faith.
Re: Interceding in Tongues by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 11, 2018
oyeludef:

It is called a gift because it is a gift and u need to understand that. We would never have been able to receive it if we had to be qualified for it just like salvation, it is a free gift of God. U experienced the second level of the anointing of God which affects thebody and it is usually an anointing that comes on us to help other persons apart from ourselves and dat is y u aint feeliing happy cos the joy comes in fulfilling our divine purpose.What you should do is get familiar with the operations of this gift in your private prayer, ask the Holy spirit to teach you about the gift he gave you and he will start guiding you. The Holy Spirit trains in private before he sends you out. Wen u see opportunity to pray for a sick person, try using the hand to pray for the person as our gifts gets sharpened with practice. Don't be in a hurry to see results, just keep on praying in the spirit with more focus henceforth.
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Signs Of The Times: My Thoughts / Free Mp3: Download All Pastor Kumuyi Messages Till Date @ Www.dailyreview.com.ng / Nigeria Is 80% Muslim! -US Based 'business Insider', with photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.