Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

Interceding in Tongues - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Interceding in Tongues (4899 Views)

The Prayer Room! Strictly Interceding For Others / Pastor Odumeje Praying On Mountain Top, Interceding For The World / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interceding in Tongues by Brokay2908: 9:38am On Oct 11, 2018
ikechizoba:

OK,thank you,l really need that,l have lost contact with the SD l know
I've just sent you an email. Check your mail, I don't know if it has been delivered.
Re: Interceding in Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 9:42am On Oct 11, 2018
bloodofthelamb:
Bro MuttleyLaff, I only have this moniker to my name. Though Hier is a brother in faith.
I know you do.
Forgive me for once thinking your moniker was one of those Hier uses
I have since realised my mistake and owned up.
Re: Interceding in Tongues by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 11, 2018
Brokay2908:

I've just sent you an email. Check your mail, I don't know if it has been delivered.

OK,l just replied you
Re: Interceding in Tongues by Hier(m): 10:37am On Oct 11, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Hier I have some Chinese guys around me. Whenever they begin to communicate in their tongue, it becomes an unknown tongue to me because I do not understand them.

Whatever I do not understand is a mystery to me.

1 Corinthians 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Tongues of men, can be understood by men, tongues of Angels, they are spiritual words that spirits only can understand.

But, Paul spoke the two. Tongue of men and tongue of Angel.

1Cor 14:14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful. 14:15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

If I pray in an unknown tongues, I really don't know where folks came or limit tongues to being a language, Paul said my understanding is unfruitful when I'm praying. This is Paul talking about his quiet time, if I pray(Paul praying in the Spirit) I do not understand what I'm saying. But what am saying are mysteries.

Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered
Re: Interceding in Tongues by bloodofthelamb(m): 6:49pm On Oct 11, 2018
Hier, I would have love to quote you phrase by phrase but I can't. All the same MuttleyLaff have done justice to it.

Let me give an illustration. I am Igbo by flesh, if through the Spirit of the Lord I am able to prophecy or give a word of knowledge in Hausa language(tongue). Surely my understanding will be unfruitful because I myself do not understand Hausa but those whom my prophecy is directed to will.

The gift of speaking in tongues(languages) and its interpretation thrives where there is language barrier.

2 Likes

Re: Interceding in Tongues by Hier(m): 6:55pm On Oct 11, 2018
bloodofthelamb:
Hier, I would have love to quote you phrase by phrase but I can't. All the same MuttleyLaff have done justice to it.

Let me give an illustration. I am Igbo by flesh, if through the Spirit of the Lord I am able to prophecy or give a word of knowledge in Hausa language(tongue). Surely my understanding will be unfruitful because I myself do not understand Hausa but those whom my prophecy is directed to will.

The gift of speaking in tongues(languages) and its interpretation thrives where there is language barrier.

You are getting it mixed up, I am talking about speaking in tongue as a prayer. I have quoted two verse that referenced speaking in tongue as a prayer, you are still clinging to it being a language. Well, like I told Muttlelaf, I don't think it would be wise forging ahead on this topic, yea, I think this is how far we can go on the subject. Shalom

PS: I am not saying speaking in tongue can't be used as a means of reaching out to those with other language, what I'm saying is, I think I get it now, cause it seem you've not spoken in tongues before, well, if that's the point, I think your case is understandable and I might have to apologize based on your limited Knowledge or lack of experience, you know I have discovered those who doesn't speak in tongues always attack speaking in tongues and I believe that's exactly the case here.
Re: Interceding in Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 8:06pm On Oct 11, 2018
bloodofthelamb:
Hier, I would have love to quote you phrase by phrase but I can't.
All the same MuttleyLaff have done justice to it.

Let me give an illustration.
I am Igbo by flesh, if through the Spirit of the Lord I am able to prophecy or give a word of knowledge in Hausa language (tongue).
Surely my understanding will be unfruitful because I myself do not understand Hausa but those whom my prophecy is directed to will.

The gift of speaking in tongues (languages) and its interpretation thrives where there is language barrier.
Even if you did, you would have wasted it away on him

If only our reader has a relevant understanding of the matter

Hier:
You are getting it mixed up, I am talking about speaking in tongue as a prayer.
I have quoted two verse that referenced speaking in tongue as a prayer, you are still clinging to it being a language
"I am sorry to be the one to refute this misconception shared not just by you alone but many too
Praying in the spirit, means pray in accordance to the will of the Spirit
When your spirit is in tuned with the Spirit, you are able to pray in the spirit
"
- MuttleyLaff: 12:49pm On Oct 06
https://www.nairaland.com/4766070/interceding-tongues#71834303

Nothing more than, lazy persons, way of looking for easier ways to pray things
and so "speaking in tongue as a prayer" is used as a crutch

Hier:
Well, like I told Muttlelaf, I don't think it would be wise forging ahead on this topic,
yea, I think this is how far we can go on the subject. Shalom
It was wise of you, not to forge ahead on the topic
because you're standing on quicksand, instead of standing on firm ground,
and yeah, you wouldnt be going far because you would have sunk fast, the moment the pressure sucks you in

Hier:
PS: I am not saying speaking in tongue can't be used as a means of reaching out to those with other language,
what I'm saying is, I think I get it now, cause it seem you've not spoken in tongues before
bloodofthelamb, I, we all, have spoken that feigned glossa, sometimes referred to as "ecstatic utterances",
that is confused with, the real glossa, which is the biblical "gift of tongues"

Hier:
well, if that's the point, I think your case is understandable
and I might have to apologize based on your limited Knowledge or lack of experience,
you know I have discovered those who doesn't speak in tongues always attack speaking in tongues
and I believe that's exactly the case here.
Glossa and this man-made other glossa, are like chalk and cheese
They are completely different from each other

Not many, including you Hier, know that, speaking in tongues, actually, in a way that suggests or resembles a miracle,
is speaking in another ACTUAL HUMAN languages, that one couldn't speak before

Are you aware that, Paul downplays the importance of speaking in tongues
He, Paul, on record, even said, do not speak in tongues without an interpreter
This advice and guideline, is openly disregarded during gathering worships and/or prayer sessions

There is a popular saying in the western part of Nigeria,
that goes like this:
"Bi o ba nidi, obinrin kii nje Kumolu"
loosely means
"There is no smoke without fire"

There was a reason for the believers, on pentecost, to miracuously speak in tongues
and it is the same repeated reason, for the only two other miracle ocassions of speaking in tongues in the bible

1 Like

Re: Interceding in Tongues by oyeludef(m): 11:07pm On Oct 11, 2018
Hier:

You are getting it mixed up, I am talking about speaking in tongue as a prayer. I have quoted two verse that referenced speaking in tongue as a prayer, you are still clinging to it being a language. Well, like I told Muttlelaf, I don't think it would be wise forging ahead on this topic, yea, I think this is how far we can go on the subject. Shalom

PS: I am not saying speaking in tongue can't be used as a means of reaching out to those with other language, what I'm saying is, I think I get it now, cause it seem you've not spoken in tongues before, well, if that's the point, I think your case is understandable and I might have to apologize based on your limited Knowledge or lack of experience, you know I have discovered those who doesn't speak in tongues always attack speaking in tongues and I believe that's exactly the case here.
u r correct. Please sir, resist the urge to reply them. Some cycles do not even believe in being born again and they have a lot of theories around it too, what many of these people go and learn in seminarie is how to argue without edifying anyone and its hopeless engaging them in any debate. The kingdom of God is not in word but in power. The most important thing is to be effective in carrying out the great commission and if they think they are winning souls without speaking in tongues, they should excuse those of us that are also winning with speaking in tongues. Like I talked earlier, the spirit of God will not strive with man and the Bible also said the servant of God must not strive. Anywhere u take the gospel to, if it is rejected u leave and shake d dust off ur feet. This was what Jesus told his disciples and Jesus also practiced it wen he was rejected in Samaria. So if someone is stubbornly on a mission to derail this thread, we can be certain such an individual isn't working for our Lord. Man of God please avoid them and let's help those who are sincere here

2 Likes

Re: Interceding in Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 4:45am On Oct 12, 2018
oyeludef:
u r correct. Please sir, resist the urge to reply them.
Some of us have become so fake, that the truth bothers and unsettles us

Our work is not the harvest, our work is the seed
How can people trust the harvest, unless they see it sown?
Inside every seed, is the potential for an incredible harvest

Dont ever urge and encourage truth to be resisted
as, truth crushed to earth, is truth still and like a seed will rise again

oyeludef:
Some cycles do not even believe in being born again
and they have a lot of theories around it too,
what many of these people go and learn in seminarie is how to argue without edifying anyone
and its hopeless engaging them in any debate.
I am in the circle that, believes in being born again
believes in the REAL gift of speaking in tongues
but not in the circle that does arguing
I doubt you know why I dont do argues

oyeludef:
The kingdom of God is not in word but in power.
The most important thing is to be effective in carrying out the great commission
and if they think they are winning souls without speaking in tongues,
they should excuse those of us that are also winning with speaking in tongues.
I can't help thinking you are making this look more complicated than it necessary is
and so was going to type "Don't be so obtuse"
but then, you are already, wilfully so obtuse

oyeludef:
Like I talked earlier, the spirit of God will not strive with man
and the Bible also said the servant of God must not strive.
Anywhere u take the gospel to, if it is rejected u leave and shake d dust off ur feet.
This was what Jesus told his disciples and Jesus also practiced it wen he was rejected in Samaria.
So if someone is stubbornly on a mission to derail this thread, we can be certain such an individual isn't working for our Lord.
Man of God please avoid them and let's help those who are sincere here
"32And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
43Why do you not understand what I am saying?
It is because you are unable to accept My message.
"
- John 8:32, 43

Not many are aware that, the more you know about a matter, the free more you become.
But alas, the truth doesn't, always set you free.
Pontius Pilate and my dear three brothers here, on this thread are testimonies, that people prefer to believe prettier and neatly wrapped lies

Yield yourself, to be innocent and virgin again

1 Like

Re: Interceding in Tongues by Maestro21: 5:43am On Oct 12, 2018
Even if you wanted to contend the unknown portion how do you dribble yourself out of the no man will understand him part?

There is a lot of sensely flesh-based teaching on tongues that is always being passed off in a typical agbero fashion. Once you see it, just realise the foundation on that teaching is shaky.
Re: Interceding in Tongues by Maestro21: 5:48am On Oct 12, 2018
Hier:

In Jude the Bible also says building up yourselves on your most holy faith by praying in the holy ghost. I mean, this clearly has nothing to do with anyone listening. Has nothing to do with anyone else understanding. The construction says it is the believers who will elevate their faith like a super structure by praying in the holy ghost. How else will someone pray in the holy ghost if said prayer is in another language that other earthly men other than the holy ghost can pray and understand?

2 Likes

Re: Interceding in Tongues by Brokay2908: 6:03am On Oct 12, 2018
This is the link to join the WhatsApp group for Interceding in Tongues

https://chat dot whatsapp dot com/invite/KCt78FPz5i5EUcU3dRbUrg

Replace the "dot" with .
Re: Interceding in Tongues by Brokay2908: 7:03am On Oct 12, 2018
This is a recompiled recap of some of the things I had posted earlier.

What We Do:
(This is a place for those who pray in tongues and intend to, to discuss their prayer life and use their prayer tool in some joint intercessions.)

Prayerfully Focused:
(Actually this is a thread for spiritual warfare. Other things may be dealt with elsewhere. It is for those who know what prayer means and believe the efficacy of prayer or at least would want to know.)

How Tongues Come About:
(I hope you have seen someone speaking in tongues before. That is what it looks like.
I believe you have also read about the incidence that happened on the day of Pentecost to the followers of Christ after Jesus had risen.
Acts 2:1-4 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Jesus had initially told His disciples about it before He left the earth physically.
Mark 16:17
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

So, the pentecost experience was the first experience recorded in the Bible and up till today, people still get filled in the Holy Ghost and speak with other tongues.
However, you can desire to speak it more and more and engage in it so often that you speak it effortlessly whenever you want to pray and can even sing in tongues, as "oyeludef" has said

Hear what Apostle Paul said concerning his own life of prayer
1 Corinthians 14:18 I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all:

Praying in tongues helps in so many other ways spiritually but I will just share one now.
Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
It is indeed a great blessing to pray in tongues.)

On Arguments:
(We have passed the stage of arguing whether God exist or not because we already have the witness in ourselves. We have passed the stage of arguing whether we can pray in tongues or not because we already have the witness in ourselves. Surely, there is no need for us arguing with anyone on what purposes the tongues can or cannot be used for because we that have the witness in ourselves already know that.)

Further on Tongues:
(For those who truly love to learn, we can find different uses/aspects of tongues being highlighted in the Bible:

1. For Evangelism - Here we find the Holy Spirit giving utterances of other human languages to the speakers who had not learnt the language before thereby communicating the wonderful works of God to the other men of different language.
Acts 2:7-11 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?
And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?
Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,
Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,
Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

2. For Prophecy - Here we find the Holy Spirit expressing a message in an unknown tongue through the speaker, most especially in a gathering of believers. The speaker or any other person with gift of interpretation of tongues may interpret the message.
1 Corinthians 14:27-28 If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.
But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.

3. For Personal Spiritual Edification in prayer, worship, various spiritual communications, accessing things of the Spirit and devotion to God - Here we find the Holy Spirit helping the believer in various forms of spiritual edification as listed above.
1 Corinthians 14:28 (But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; ) AND LET HIM SPEAK TO HIMSELF, AND TO GOD.
1 Corinthians 14:2, 4 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.
He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.
Jude 1:20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
All these are saying that there are various application of tongues.)

We Act More:
(This is open also to those who may not yet be speaking in tongues but believe in it and desire to, to join us in faith. These are things we do to encourage one another's faith and uplift one another spiritually. This is also part of worshiping God in spirit and in truth. We do not only know this on written pages of the Bible but we act on it and power is surely released in such ACTions of faith. No wonder the book of ACTS is a power-packed account of the ACTors of faith. The devil too was in panic when he saw Christians begining to do something productive with their faith. And his devices include looking for how to waste their precious time and energy engaging in rancorous, fruitless and endless debates. But we know better.)

Questions and Challenges:
(We can also share the challenges we have on our prayer life, or questions thereabout.)

Time of Joint Prayer:
(As agreed, for now we have our tongue session between 8pm and 8:30pm on Tuesdays)

WhatsApp link:
(This is the link to join the WhatsApp group for Interceding in Tongues
https://chat dot whatsapp dot com/invite/KCt78FPz5i5EUcU3dRbUrg
Replace the "dot" with .)

Concerning those who mock the Holy Spirit:
(Those who want to mock the Holy Spirit can keep on mocking the Holy Spirit. Is it just starting today? But you, hold fast that which you have received and as for them, this shall be their judgment.

Jude 1:10, 12-13, 17-20 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.
These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;
Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.
But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;
How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.
But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

2 Peter 2:1-2, 12 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption; )
Re: Interceding in Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 7:58am On Oct 12, 2018
Maestro21:
Even if you wanted to contend the unknown portion how do you dribble yourself out of the no man will understand him part?

There is a lot of sensely flesh-based teaching on tongues that is always being passed off in a typical agbero fashion.
Once you see it, just realise the foundation on that teaching is shaky.
Why would anyone want to dribble of the no man will understand him part?
It is a clear and straight ahead understood passage
and bloodofthelamb had dutifully provided a brilliant briefly and clearly expressed example illustrating that verse

Maestro21:
In Jude the Bible also says building up yourselves on your most holy faith by praying in the holy ghost.
I mean, this clearly has nothing to do with anyone listening.
Has nothing to do with anyone else understanding.
The construction says it is the believers who will elevate their faith like a super structure by praying in the holy ghost.
How else will someone pray in the holy ghost if said prayer is in another language that other earthly men other than the holy ghost can pray and understand?
Lets get this straight.
So your understanding, is that, praying in the Holy Ghost equates to praying or speaking in tongues, is that right?

1 Like

Re: Interceding in Tongues by Brokay2908: 6:52am On Oct 13, 2018
Do we know that the doctrines of the Pharisees and Sadducees that Jesus encountered in His days are also found in the church today? These are doctrines based more on human reasoning than on the revelation of truth by the spirit.

Imagine the Sadducees' logical but spiritually uninformed argument that there can't be resurrection because, assuming a woman married 7 brothers one after the other due to their subsequent deaths, to whom will she belong as wife in the resurrection.

Mark 12:18-25 "Then come unto him the Sadducees, which say there is no resurrection; and they asked him, saying,
Master, Moses wrote unto us, If a man's brother die, and leave his wife behind him, and leave no children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother.
Now there were seven brethren: and the first took a wife, and dying left no seed.
And the second took her, and died, neither left he any seed: and the third likewise.
And the seven had her, and left no seed: last of all the woman died also.
In the resurrection therefore, when they shall rise, whose wife shall she be of them? for the seven had her to wife.
And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?
For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven."

Their mistake was that they assumed that just as it was in the physical, so also shall it be in the spiritual. Who told them that spiritual things follow the same pattern as physical things? Do spiritual things have the same nature as physical things that they should be subjected to the same principles?

THINGS OF THE SPIRIT DO NOT NEED TO WORK THE SAME WAY THINGS OF THE FLESH DO.

Have a wonderful weekend.

1 Like

Re: Interceding in Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 7:43am On Oct 13, 2018
It is only some, looking for lesser effort, lazy and indoctrinated Far-To-See (i.e. Pharisees) and Sad-To-See (i.e. Sadducees) somewhere,
that believes that speaking in tongues, especially with using the voice and/or vocal cords, is praying in some mysterious heavenly language
cc ihedinobi2
Re: Interceding in Tongues by Brokay2908: 8:51am On Oct 13, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
It is only some, looking for lesser effort, lazy and indoctrinated Far-To-See (i.e. Pharisees) and Sad-To-See (i.e. Sadducees) somewhere,
that believes that speaking in tongues, especially with using the voice and/or vocal cords, is praying in some mysterious heavenly language
cc ihedinobi2

Argue that with God, not me.
Re: Interceding in Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 9:01am On Oct 13, 2018
Brokay2908:
Argue that with God, not me.
You are doing the arguing with God already, you dont need me
besides I have told you and what is his name, times without number, that I dont do argues
I dont spread ignorane(s)

Your conscience pricked your heart,
thats why you couldnt resist the urge to respond to a post that hadnt your moniker mention on it
A truthful post will unsettle a guilty conscience every time!
Re: Interceding in Tongues by oyeludef(m): 10:00am On Oct 13, 2018
Wisdom is justified of her children
Re: Interceding in Tongues by Brokay2908: 10:28am On Oct 13, 2018
You know, it's interesting how someone confirms his kind of doctrine by jumping in to defend it wherever it is judged by the truth. A Pharisee and Sadducee indeed.
Re: Interceding in Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 11:47am On Oct 13, 2018
oyeludef:
Wisdom is justified of her children
Wisdom, has to do with making right and correct decisions.
Children with good sense of judgement who rightly divide the word of God, are the children of Wisdom

It is wayward children, as unashamedly being displayed so far on this thread, that dont heed the warning whistle

Brokay2908:
You know, it's interesting how someone confirms his kind of doctrine by jumping in to defend it wherever it is judged by the truth. A Pharisee and Sadducee indeed.
Some make a Pharisee and Sadducee look tamed when compared to them

1hedinobi2:
@MuttleyLaff, I thank you for the mention.

It was kind of you to recognize me on that thread.
I have been reading your writings there
and they have encouraged me because of your clear understanding of the issues involved.

It is my choice right now to not challenge people on what they have chosen to believe.
I prefer to answer questions when they are asked
or to present what I have learned myself on neutral
or dedicated threads so that those who are seeking the Truth may find it.

I have a lot on my hands with just that so I really cannot afford the time or other resources to try to correct people about their beliefs.

Moreover, as you may know, I have already discussed that issue with the OP of that thread.
He sustained his disagreement with me.
It makes little sense to carry on there even for the sake of those who may listen to him.

If anyone thinks that speaking in tongues is still legitimate today and therefore joins him, well, I'm sure that they will soon have questions that I may be able to help them with if they are truly interested in the Truth.
If they are not, trying to help them there might amount to casting pearls before swine or giving holy things to dogs.

There is a vast mountain of Truth to explore in the Bible and so much that I have been given so that my concern now is to continue to refresh myself in them and keep moving deeper into them and find ways to make them available to those who want to learn too.
So I really can't afford to participate in discussions like the thread you mentioned me on.

But again, I thank you for the kind mention and please know that I am supporting you with my prayers.
https://www.nairaland.com/1114515/christian-chatbox-sticky/646#72041750
God bless you for this humble, unpretentious and honest post
Re: Interceding in Tongues by oyeludef(m): 12:22pm On Oct 13, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Wisdom, has to do with making right and correct decisions.
Children with good sense of judgement who rightly divide the word of God, are the children of Wisdom

It is wayward children, as unashamedly being displayed so far on this thread, that dont heed the warning whistle

Some make a Pharisee and Sadducee look tamed when compared to them

God bless you for this humble, unpretentious and honest post
look through this thread with an open mind and be the judge of who has been cooing like a child. Wat point are u even trying to make? Because u had fake experience then that of every other person had to be fake too? U even accused Gods generals I mentioned as being possessed by an Antichrist spirit. Dis ur attitude can never even win u a single soul to Gods kingdom. U have a lot of growing up to do sir. Thank you. I mean no offense
Re: Interceding in Tongues by Hier(m): 1:32pm On Oct 13, 2018
oyeludef:
u r correct. Please sir, resist the urge to reply them. Some cycles do not even believe in being born again and they have a lot of theories around it too, what many of these people go and learn in seminarie is how to argue without edifying anyone and its hopeless engaging them in any debate. The kingdom of God is not in word but in power. The most important thing is to be effective in carrying out the great commission and if they think they are winning souls without speaking in tongues, they should excuse those of us that are also winning with speaking in tongues. Like I talked earlier, the spirit of God will not strive with man and the Bible also said the servant of God must not strive. Anywhere u take the gospel to, if it is rejected u leave and shake d dust off ur feet. This was what Jesus told his disciples and Jesus also practiced it wen he was rejected in Samaria. So if someone is stubbornly on a mission to derail this thread, we can be certain such an individual isn't working for our Lord. Man of God please avoid them and let's help those who are sincere here

Noted sir,

Thanks for the exhortation sir.
Re: Interceding in Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 1:56pm On Oct 13, 2018
oyeludef:
look through this thread with an open mind
and be the judge of who has been cooing like a child
You need to get your innocence and virginity back again
Be like a child.
Truly I tell you, unless you change back
and become like little children, your blinders, preventing you from seeing, will never fall off.

oyeludef:
Wat point are u even trying to make?
Because u had fake experience
then that of every other person had to be fake too?
You really want to know what point I am trying to make?
Well, for starters, it's the same fake experience when the pastor and praise worship leader gets the congregation to rise up and prompts them to begin praying in tongues.

oyeludef:
U even accused Gods generals I mentioned as being possessed by an Antichrist spirit.
I would very much love to see you paste the post that made you accuse me of saying "God's generals" are/were being possessed by an Antichrist spirit
In the absence of that, retract that comment and tender apologies for the slander

oyeludef:
Dis ur attitude can never even win u a single soul to Gods kingdom.
U have a lot of growing up to do sir. Thank you.
I mean no offense
I am patient with ignorant souls but not with those who are proud of their ignorance.

You should worry about your soul first, thats always calling a spade a shovel.

I am an easier and soft target for you, so you consistently prefer to stab at me instead of the message
Unlike you, I would prefer you point out an outright lie to me, and call a spade a spade,
instead of window dressing false hope and dreams wrapped up in tissue of lies

We grow from learning each new day, pitifully you are incorrigible
I grudgingly say you're incorrigible without intention to offend/insult
Re: Interceding in Tongues by Brokay2908: 7:35am On Oct 15, 2018
Have you experienced inconsistency in your prayer life? Today you are a firebrand, tomorrow you could hardly account for a statement in prayer. Or you have decided to be praying for some particular minutes, at some particular time of the day. But you could hardly practice it for few days before you abandon the plan.

What are the things that causes inconsistency in our prayer life and how can we overcome them? How can we be more consistent in our prayer life?
Re: Interceding in Tongues by Brokay2908: 7:38am On Oct 15, 2018
Have a wonderful week ahead.
Re: Interceding in Tongues by oyeludef(m): 1:08pm On Oct 15, 2018
Brokay2908:
Have a wonderful week ahead.
wishing you and everyone on this thread same
Re: Interceding in Tongues by mimopel(f): 1:51pm On Oct 15, 2018
Greetings Beloveth,

Are you a born again child of God, single?? Godly Singles Assembly is a place for you, to build yourself spiritual with other Christian singles through various materials available for us.
Such as: Spirit lifting songs

Audio message by anointed ministers

Christian book/material for marriage and Spiritual growth

Webinars and Online Singles program and so much more

Also have the privilege to meet a Christian who can be a suitable spouse for you through prayer.

To join this WhatsApp group, pls book an appointment/ interview with John 09069685320 or send your number to mimopel450@yahoo.com. and you will be contacted shortly. Share the goodnews

You can also join the WhatsApp group using the link

https:///IonwQc02aFuDovPxIfAX22

GSA ......establishing kingdom homes on earth

Re: Interceding in Tongues by Brokay2908: 6:57pm On Oct 15, 2018
From the contributions on WhatsApp

1. Our day to day experiences and activities can weigh us down

2. It happens even to the best of us. We can even sleep strong and wake up weak.
One solution can be to pray until the fire is regained.

And here are some other solutions, I will like to add

Iron sharpeneth iron. If we have likeminded people or those whose prayer life can be emulated; walking with them, having an idea of their prayer life or going together to the place of prayer even if you're not praying together, can be helpful.

Secondly, The revelation of truth in the word of God can really fuel our passion to pray. In such weak times, we can just take the word, through any form that helps us most, and before we know it we would find something to pray for. And from there, all manner of prayers come in.

Also, if we want to set time, we can figure out the most feasible time for us to engage in our prayer, taking note that not all the days are the same.

1 Like

Re: Interceding in Tongues by Brokay2908: 10:41am On Oct 16, 2018
Pls, be reminded. Today, Tuesday is another day for our joint prayer in tongues between 8pm and 8:30pm. Let's get motivated.

1 Like

Re: Interceding in Tongues by Brokay2908: 11:50am On Oct 23, 2018
Today by 8pm-8:30 is another time for our joint intercession in tongues. Has it been going on well so far? If we have something to say or suggest on it, let's bring it up. God bless us.
Re: Interceding in Tongues by Brokay2908: 9:19am On Nov 07, 2018
Be steadfast, those who have attended to this joint intercession.
Nothing is by any means stopping this movement.
Let's keep it a date with God, praying in tongues anywhere we are, weekly every Tuesday by 8-8:30pm; it goes on whether there is a reminder or not.
Soon, we shall also be directing our intercession in tongues to people and to the land.
Inform others of like-mind to join us especially on our more active platform on WhatsApp.
Just send a message containing the WhatsApp contact to add to switord@gmail.com.
We love to hear questions and resolve challenges we have on our prayer life and spiritual life in general.

Stay blessed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Catholic Church And Its Claims As The Bible Author? / Is It Good For Christian Couples To Have Oral Or Anal Sex? / Dealing With Depression & Suicidal Thoughts As An Atheist. logicboy Confesses.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.