Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help (31823 Views)

Infection Wants To Kill Me Help! / Help, This Gerd Is Draining / I Look Older Than My Age And It Is Really Affecting My Self Esteem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Greenbuoy(m): 7:02am On Feb 06, 2021
Okay, ma.

Thank you
Damsellady:

That's low acid.. Stay away completely from all antacid drugs.

Get celery fruit, rise well, dispose the flower and bleed the stick without water, drink the juice daily first thing in the morning.
Once in a while, drink one orange before meal.
Stay away from alcohol for now.
Drink water regularly.
Latest 7-8pm eat dinner.

Follow the above steps and see within a week, i want to believe u will be fine.

If u notice some certain food trigger your symptoms, please tell me here, likewise if your symptoms refuse to go after the above method. I will recommend a supplement u will get to u.
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Akon324: 5:22pm On Feb 15, 2021
Greenbuoy:
Okay, ma.

Thank you

Please is the acid reflux making u to loss weight? And how many months hv u been hving it
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Greenbuoy(m): 5:55pm On Feb 15, 2021
No weight loss at all!

Over 6 months now
Akon324:

Please is the acid reflux making u to loss weight? And how many months hv u been hving it
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Akon324: 9:25am On Feb 16, 2021
Damsellady:

Get celery fruit, rise well, dispose the flower and bleed the stick without water, drink the juice daily first thing in the morning.
Drink water regularly.
Latest 7-8pm eat dinner.

If u notice some certain food trigger your symptoms, please tell me here, likewise if your symptoms refuse to go after the above method. I will recommend a supplement u will get to u.

good morning Please what is the name of the digestive enzymes supplement I can be taking after meal so it can help me produce more stomach acid for digestion?
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Damsellady(f): 1:04pm On Feb 16, 2021
Akon324:

good morning Please what is the name of the digestive enzymes supplement I can be taking after meal so it can help me produce more stomach acid for digestion?

Doctor Best Betaine hcl pepsin and gentian bitters

Do more research on it from Amazon customer review. Presently i want to get it too
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Akon324: 7:45pm On Feb 16, 2021
Damsellady:

Doctor Best Betaine hcl pepsin and gentian bitters

Do more research on it from Amazon customer review. Presently i want to get it too

OK thanks, can the medicine be get in nigeria?
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Damsellady(f): 1:41am On Feb 18, 2021
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Damsellady(f): 1:42am On Feb 18, 2021
Am not sure but check
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Damsellady(f): 1:43am On Feb 18, 2021
Akon324:

OK thanks, can the medicine be get in nigeria?

Am not sure but check
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Nobody: 6:27pm On Feb 23, 2021
Damsellady:
Am not sure but check
Please check dm
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Damsellady(f): 10:50am On Feb 24, 2021
JoshJay1:

Please check dm

Joshjay1 which dm pls? Nairaland have dm? Lol i don't know much about here
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Nobody: 9:00pm On Feb 24, 2021
Damsellady:

Joshjay1 which dm pls? Nairaland have dm? Lol i don't know much about here
Via email please. I sent an email
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Nobody: 6:42am On Feb 25, 2021
Damsellady:
Am not sure but check
I did the bicarbonate test. I didn't bulp until after 5min. Please what next
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by nettwrock(m): 2:15pm On Mar 25, 2021
Damsellady:
Hi, damsel lady, I have done the bicarbonate test I didn't burp at all. But this fluid keep flowing back and affecting my throat seriously
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Damsellady(f): 11:45pm On Mar 26, 2021
nettwrock:

Hi, damsel lady, I have done the bicarbonate test I didn't burp at all. But this fluid keep flowing back and affecting my throat seriously

Low stomach acid. Get Doctor's Best Betaine HCI Pepsin & Gentian Bitters. Here is the problem u have to read so much about it to know how many tablets will work for you but start with 1 tablet morning, afternoon & night, use it 5mins before eating and ensure you eat your dinner later 7 to 7:30pm. Try and be eating enough protein while taking the supplement.
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by nettwrock(m): 11:42pm On Apr 01, 2021
Damsellady:

Low stomach acid. Get Doctor's Best Betaine HCI Pepsin & Gentian Bitters. Here is the problem u have to read so much about it to know how many tablets will work for you but start with 1 tablet morning, afternoon & night, use it 5mins before eating and ensure you eat your dinner later 7 to 7:30pm. Try and be eating enough protein while taking the supplement.

Thanks so much
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by dopesidez: 8:09am On Apr 08, 2021
cabosnoopy:

Goodmorning, happy new month... and am glad to help... PH as to do with d measurements of alkalinity or acidity anytin with 7 and above is considered alkaline while anytin 5 below is acidic.. a google search can tell u if wat u about to eat is acidic or alkaline... for instance apple especially the green ones is acidic it has a ph of 3.00-4.00 and will definitely trigger ur reflux while d red ones is acidic too but it doesn't cause an increase in symptoms so u can eat it but in moderation ...ur pregnant tommy which is bloating is accumulation of excess gas. dont worry jus follow my advice u ll c your bloating reduced and yur appetite restored.. den still on what to avoid pls stay away from diary products like milk if u must take milk let it b skimmed milk(marvel or dano are likely skimmed milk u can get around), no fried food and stay away from breakfast cereals like cornflakes and golden morn dey are refined food.. instead take more of quaker oat (go for old school rolled oat against the instant oat) den apart frm d diet changes life style changes is paramount.. firstly instead of large 3 meal a day u can av 5 to 6 smaller meal.. dont rush ur food chew slowly and thoroughly avoid too hot food, dont drink water while eating. drink water few minutes after eating, and dont eat anything again not even snacks after 6pm or 7pm and sit upright for like 3 to 4 hrs bfore lying down and if u can elevate d head of ur bed... as i said earlier stay away from drugs d rebound effect is bad which u av seen wit ur pregnant tummy... jus follow diz advice i no its not easy gerd is a serious issue dat can be life threatening if ignored... u are even lucky you had symptoms wit ur gerd for u detect ontime.. i wasn't lucky i had wat is know as LPR(Laryngopharyngeal reflux) or silent gerd no topical gerd symptoms.. i only had sinusitis, post nasal drip.. wen i went for test doctor will say is malaria ,typhoid ,bacteria, i was given antibiotics i took antibiotics as of i was eatin chinchin no improvement instead d antibiotic destroy my gut microbes and after a year i started aving symptoms den i knw dat i av to help my life den d internet became my friend den i came across omeprazole and it was as if i was never sick. all my symptoms disappeared, during dis period i was still living a sedentary life eating anytin from ice cream ooo alcohol fried food ooo and dose junks... den one night after eating late and heavy i had a rebound and symptoms became 4times worst i started aving lumps feeling in throat, bloating, regurgitatation, loss of appetite etc den i did more research and my finding are my advice above... though am not completely healed but no more symp
Goodmorning, happy new month... and am glad to help... PH as to do with d measurements of alkalinity or acidity anytin with 7 and above is considered alkaline while anytin 5 below is acidic..while 7 is neutral(ph of water) a google search can tell u if wat u about to eat is acidic or alkaline... for instance apple especially the green ones is acidic it has a ph of 3.00-4.00 and will definitely trigger ur reflux while d red ones is acidic too but it doesn't cause an increase in symptoms so u can eat it but in moderation ...ur pregnant tommy which is bloating is accumulation of excess gas. dont worry jus follow my advice u ll c your bloating reduced and yur appetite restored.. den still on what to avoid pls stay away from diary products like milk if u must take milk let it b skimmed milk(marvel or dano are likely skimmed milk u can get around), no fried food and stay away from breakfast cereals like cornflakes and golden morn dey are refined food.. instead take more of quaker oat (go for old school rolled oat against the instant oat) den apart frm d diet changes life style changes is paramount.. firstly instead of large 3 meal a day u can av 5 to 6 smaller meal.. dont rush ur food chew slowly and thoroughly avoid too hot food, dont drink water while eating. drink water few minutes after eating, and dont eat anything again not even snacks after 6pm or 7pm and sit upright for like 3 to 4 hrs bfore lying down and if u can elevate d head of ur bed its adviceable... as i said earlier stay away from drugs d rebound effect is bad which u av seen wit ur pregnant tummy... jus follow diz advice i no its not easy gerd is a serious issue dat can be life threatening if ignored... u are even lucky you had symptoms wit ur gerd for u 2 detect ontime.. i wasn't lucky i had wat is known as LPR(Laryngopharyngeal reflux) or silent gerd no topical gerd symptoms.. i only had sinusitis, post nasal drip.. wen i went for test doctor will say is malaria ,typhoid ,bacteria, i was given antibiotics i took antibiotics as of i was eatin chinchin no improvement instead d antibiotic destroy my gut microbes and after a year i started aving symptoms den i knw dat i av to help my life den d internet became my friend den i came across omeprazole and it was as if i was never sick. all my symptoms disappeared, during dis period i was still living a sedentary life eating anytin from ice cream ooo alcohol fried food ooo and dose junks... den one night after eating late and heavy i had a rebound and symptoms became 4times worst i started aving lumps feeling in throat, bloating, regurgitatation, loss of appetite etc den i did more research and my finding are my advice above... though am not completely healed but i rarely have symptoms.. diz is not to scare u gerd can b lifelong pple leave d rest of dere life wit it, pple died from it as a result of long-time complications. so its important to nib it at the head asap... all d best fruitful month ahead.. and always chew and swallow a small sliced of ginger before bed
Pls how did you treat your sinusitis?
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by dopesidez: 8:10am On Apr 08, 2021
cabosnoopy:

Goodmorning, happy new month... and am glad to help... PH as to do with d measurements of alkalinity or acidity anytin with 7 and above is considered alkaline while anytin 5 below is acidic.. a google search can tell u if wat u about to eat is acidic or alkaline... for instance apple especially the green ones is acidic it has a ph of 3.00-4.00 and will definitely trigger ur reflux while d red ones is acidic too but it doesn't cause an increase in symptoms so u can eat it but in moderation ...ur pregnant tommy which is bloating is accumulation of excess gas. dont worry jus follow my advice u ll c your bloating reduced and yur appetite restored.. den still on what to avoid pls stay away from diary products like milk if u must take milk let it b skimmed milk(marvel or dano are likely skimmed milk u can get around), no fried food and stay away from breakfast cereals like cornflakes and golden morn dey are refined food.. instead take more of quaker oat (go for old school rolled oat against the instant oat) den apart frm d diet changes life style changes is paramount.. firstly instead of large 3 meal a day u can av 5 to 6 smaller meal.. dont rush ur food chew slowly and thoroughly avoid too hot food, dont drink water while eating. drink water few minutes after eating, and dont eat anything again not even snacks after 6pm or 7pm and sit upright for like 3 to 4 hrs bfore lying down and if u can elevate d head of ur bed... as i said earlier stay away from drugs d rebound effect is bad which u av seen wit ur pregnant tummy... jus follow diz advice i no its not easy gerd is a serious issue dat can be life threatening if ignored... u are even lucky you had symptoms wit ur gerd for u detect ontime.. i wasn't lucky i had wat is know as LPR(Laryngopharyngeal reflux) or silent gerd no topical gerd symptoms.. i only had sinusitis, post nasal drip.. wen i went for test doctor will say is malaria ,typhoid ,bacteria, i was given antibiotics i took antibiotics as of i was eatin chinchin no improvement instead d antibiotic destroy my gut microbes and after a year i started aving symptoms den i knw dat i av to help my life den d internet became my friend den i came across omeprazole and it was as if i was never sick. all my symptoms disappeared, during dis period i was still living a sedentary life eating anytin from ice cream ooo alcohol fried food ooo and dose junks... den one night after eating late and heavy i had a rebound and symptoms became 4times worst i started aving lumps feeling in throat, bloating, regurgitatation, loss of appetite etc den i did more research and my finding are my advice above... though am not completely healed but no more symp
Goodmorning, happy new month... and am glad to help... PH as to do with d measurements of alkalinity or acidity anytin with 7 and above is considered alkaline while anytin 5 below is acidic..while 7 is neutral(ph of water) a google search can tell u if wat u about to eat is acidic or alkaline... for instance apple especially the green ones is acidic it has a ph of 3.00-4.00 and will definitely trigger ur reflux while d red ones is acidic too but it doesn't cause an increase in symptoms so u can eat it but in moderation ...ur pregnant tommy which is bloating is accumulation of excess gas. dont worry jus follow my advice u ll c your bloating reduced and yur appetite restored.. den still on what to avoid pls stay away from diary products like milk if u must take milk let it b skimmed milk(marvel or dano are likely skimmed milk u can get around), no fried food and stay away from breakfast cereals like cornflakes and golden morn dey are refined food.. instead take more of quaker oat (go for old school rolled oat against the instant oat) den apart frm d diet changes life style changes is paramount.. firstly instead of large 3 meal a day u can av 5 to 6 smaller meal.. dont rush ur food chew slowly and thoroughly avoid too hot food, dont drink water while eating. drink water few minutes after eating, and dont eat anything again not even snacks after 6pm or 7pm and sit upright for like 3 to 4 hrs bfore lying down and if u can elevate d head of ur bed its adviceable... as i said earlier stay away from drugs d rebound effect is bad which u av seen wit ur pregnant tummy... jus follow diz advice i no its not easy gerd is a serious issue dat can be life threatening if ignored... u are even lucky you had symptoms wit ur gerd for u 2 detect ontime.. i wasn't lucky i had wat is known as LPR(Laryngopharyngeal reflux) or silent gerd no topical gerd symptoms.. i only had sinusitis, post nasal drip.. wen i went for test doctor will say is malaria ,typhoid ,bacteria, i was given antibiotics i took antibiotics as of i was eatin chinchin no improvement instead d antibiotic destroy my gut microbes and after a year i started aving symptoms den i knw dat i av to help my life den d internet became my friend den i came across omeprazole and it was as if i was never sick. all my symptoms disappeared, during dis period i was still living a sedentary life eating anytin from ice cream ooo alcohol fried food ooo and dose junks... den one night after eating late and heavy i had a rebound and symptoms became 4times worst i started aving lumps feeling in throat, bloating, regurgitatation, loss of appetite etc den i did more research and my finding are my advice above... though am not completely healed but i rarely have symptoms.. diz is not to scare u gerd can b lifelong pple leave d rest of dere life wit it, pple died from it as a result of long-time complications. so its important to nib it at the head asap... all d best fruitful month ahead.. and always chew and swallow a small sliced of ginger before bed
@cabosnoopy pls how did you treat your sinusitis?
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by braveheart77: 2:27am On Apr 09, 2021
Has anyone been able to treat silent reflux/LPR?

My throat hurts, I get sinuses, heartburn, sore throat, cough, etc

I need help
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Sarahn: 2:33pm On May 14, 2021
I would like to ask if anybody here has done an endoscopy?

I did so and found out that it was untreated gastritis that caused me to have GERD. Prior to the endoscopy, I was diagnosed with ulcer.

Please you guys should go for an endoscopy. Get yourself treated on time.

For anyone looking for tips on reducing acid reflux.
1. It doesn't matter if the food is acidic or not, eat small portions. Wait a bit before drinking water.
2. Get a wedge pillow so that your head can stay elevated when you sleep and you can use it to support your back when sitting up.
3. Please see a gastroenterologist. I wish I had seen one once I had the symptoms. If it's gastritis, if it's caught early you won't have any problems. Please note that gastritis has similar symptoms as ulcer.
4. For me drinking yogurt and honey helps at lot for the heartburn. Not Hollandia, buy farm fresh or Greek yogurt. Natural honey as well.

I am repeating this again, go and see a gastroenterologist. Even if it's a one-time consultation. Most general doctors in Nigeria don't know sh!t about stomach problems.

3 Likes

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Sarahn: 2:46pm On May 14, 2021
braveheart77:
Has anyone been able to treat silent reflux/LPR?

My throat hurts, I get sinuses, heartburn, sore throat, cough, etc

I need help

•Avoid anything with spices, that includes onions, tomatoes, pepper, garlic and ginger. Anthing with citric acid, oranges, lime, lemon, apple ma sef! Banana is ok though! Sometimes milk can make it worse, that's why I prefer yogurt!
•Avoid carbonated drinks. Avoid alcohol! Avoid smoking!
•Wear loos clothing. Make sure that no cloth is tightened around your stomach, chest and neck. For ladies, this may include bra, oh!
•In my experience, you must sit up for at least four hours, don't even bend down! •Immediately drink antiacid or yogurt the minute you experience symptoms.
•I repeat, DO NOT LIE DOWN. If you can, sleep sitting up.

If you're asthmatic like me... DON'T LIE DOWN FOR AT LEAST 12 HOURS, sit up ooh!
If you can, sleep sitting up.

IF NOT, you'll have asthmatic attack and asthmatic cough on top LPR. It was one of the terrible experiences in my life! I wouldn't wish that kind of pain in my worst enemy!

I hope this helps.
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by braveheart77: 5:03am On May 15, 2021
Sarahn:

•Avoid anything with spices, that includes onions, tomatoes, pepper, garlic and ginger. Anthing with citric acid, oranges, lime, lemon, apple ma sef! Banana is ok though! Sometimes milk can make it worse, that's why I prefer yogurt!
•Avoid carbonated drinks. Avoid alcohol! Avoid smoking!
•Wear loos clothing. Make sure that no cloth is tightened around your stomach, chest and neck. For ladies, this may include bra, oh!
•In my experience, you must sit up for at least four hours, don't even bend down! •Immediately drink antiacid or yogurt the minute you experience symptoms.
•I repeat, DO NOT LIE DOWN. If you can, sleep sitting up.

If you're asthmatic like me... DON'T LIE DOWN FOR AT LEAST 12 HOURS, sit up ooh!
If you can, sleep sitting up.

IF NOT, you'll have asthmatic attack and asthmatic cough on top LPR. It was one of the terrible experiences in my life! I wouldn't wish that kind of pain in my worst enemy!

I hope this helps.

It helps..

Did you recover from it
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by nettwrock(m): 3:44pm On Jun 07, 2021
Damsellady:

Drink water regularly.
Latest 7-8pm eat dinner.

Did you juicer or blender please I want to start the celery stuff... Help my life please
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Vickiechuks(m): 8:21pm On Jun 18, 2021
Good evening house, I'm suffering from this Gerd, the only symptoms I'm having is sinusitis, feelings as if something stuck on my throat, bloated Tommy,, what's giving me concern is this sinusitis, I keep clearing My throat and having bad taste from my gut,, pls pls pls how can I stop this sinusitis.. Help a brother.
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by nettwrock(m): 1:51pm On Jun 20, 2021
Vickiechuks:
Good evening house, I'm suffering from this Gerd, the only symptoms I'm having is sinusitis, feelings as if something stuck on my throat, bloated Tommy,, what's giving me concern is this sinusitis, I keep clearing My throat and having bad taste from my gut,, pls pls pls how can I stop this sinusitis.. Help a brother.

Please try to visit the clinic for the sinutis.... My own throat is something else now... I can heardly swallow... The pain is too much
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by nettwrock(m): 4:07pm On Jun 21, 2021
Damsellady:

Damsellady please reply
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by ebicon(f): 11:03am On Aug 22, 2021
cabosnoopy:

bro u obviously hit the point... i also thought high stomach acid was the culprit... but after not experiencing any relief with low acid diet, i did further online research and i discovered that low stomach acid which gave rise to bacteria overgrowth also known as SIBO was the root cause of my symptoms. so i switch to high acidic food, eliminate veg and fruits,processed food, sugar and red meat bcus dey sit long in the stomach and feeds d bacteria(and d bacteria produces gas which causes symtoms) and i started taking vitamin C (white) to aid stomach acid production, this has reduced virtually all my symptoms.
Please can you explain further how you were able to manage this , what did you notice before introducing high acidic food in your diet? and after what change did it bring ? , how much vitamin c did you add (mg) , just explain how it worked please
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Uzomarrr123: 5:43pm On Aug 22, 2021
ugomnaanny:
Op I am suffering same thing now, was at the hospital 2 day ago, having series of heartburn, like something is stuck in my throat.. doctor gave me omeprazole and gavicon
please I need info from you on something…
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by ugomnaanny: 9:41pm On Aug 31, 2021
Uzomarrr123:
please I need info from you on something…I’m having same problem now…I’m so scared …please drop your contact …mine is 08038154334 …please it urgent
are u on whatapp?
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Uzomarrr123: 10:12pm On Aug 31, 2021
ugomnaanny:
are u on whatapp?
yes
WhatsApp num is
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Mayjay20: 10:51pm On Nov 03, 2021
molybdenum0012:

OK, send me a pm, I Wii send you my no
Please I also need your phone number cos Am going through the same issue atm.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Covid-19: Alibaba Group Donates 1.1 Milion Test Kits To African Countries / Kerosene Explosion Burns Four Family Members To Death In Calabar (Photos) / Kano To Rely On ‘Verbal’ Autopsy For Mysterious Deaths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.