Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:37 PM

Does APC Have An Islamization Agenda In The South West? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does APC Have An Islamization Agenda In The South West? (3977 Views)

26 Rivers State House Of Assembly Members Who Defected To APC Have Lost / The Bola Tinubu Dilemma: Does APC Want To Win With Him Or Lose Without Him? / What Alternatives Does APC Offer Kwarans? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does APC Have An Islamization Agenda In The South West? by jiorhemen(m): 11:35am On Oct 03, 2018
I noticed a raging trend in South West APC with regard to the nomination of the party's governorship candidates in this election cycle. APC has been choosing Muslims only as its governorship candidates in the South West and this is happening with Bola Tinubu's consent. I am not posting this to fan the ember of religious discord, and neither am I a bigot. However, it is appalling that in the whole of South West, a region with religious parity when it comes to numbers, the APC has no Christian flagbearer in any of the states in the South West in this election cycle.

In my home state (Oyo), the outgoing governor is a Muslim, and he and Alhaji Ahmed Tinubu have worked to make sure that Alhaji Adebayo Adelabu, a Muslim, emerged as APC's governorship candidate. In Ogun state, the APC has adopted Alhaji Abdulkadir Akinlade as its governorship candidate. Need I also remind you that in the recently held gubernatorial election in Osun state, Tinubu and Aregbesola worked to make sure that another Muslim, Alhaji Oyetola becomes the governor of the state. The only Christian whom the APC has as a governor is now being kicked out to make way for another Muslim, Alhaji Babajide Sanwo-Olu, to become the governor. This trend seems to be a deliberate agenda to subjugate Christians and Christianity in the South West.

I am sure that if it was the other way round, if the APC had been nominating Christians only as its governorship candidates in the South West in this election cycle, MURIC would be all over the place crying that APC has a Christian agenda. MURIC would insist that APC must also nominate Muslims as candidates to create religious balance. But now that APC has nominated Muslims only as its governorship candidates, the only thing I have heard from MURIC is a defeaning silence. This is blatant double standard from an 'organization' that claims to be working for religious equality.

For those who might be ready to berate me for pointing out this trend, remember, when President Muhammadu Buhari's senior special assistant on media and publicity wrote an article titled "Fayose Is A Street-type Thug And Is Now Facing Political Extinction," Mr Garba talked about the importance of the 'politics of inclusion.' I concur with Garba that the politics of inclusion is right, however his party is not practicing it in the South West, and even the country as a whole.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does APC Have An Islamization Agenda In The South West? by LLSAINT(m): 11:48am On Oct 03, 2018
I only Laff....
When you do not know who you are, the devil will tell you who you are not.
The claim of an Islamic agenda is a fallacy only if the Christians know their identity.
The last statement Jesus mentioned in Acts 1:8 before He ascended was to Christianize the World with the Gospel
But because we are not doing such, we blame people for our inadequacies.
What is stopping the Church to take charge of the Economy, Politics just as we are doing in Education?
If only we know our identity, we should careless of the shenanigans of any other religion.

1 Like

Re: Does APC Have An Islamization Agenda In The South West? by oodualover: 12:02pm On Oct 03, 2018
See another ibo person claiming to be Yoruba. Is there any tribe as pathetic and shameless like ibo people? I don't think so

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Does APC Have An Islamization Agenda In The South West? by limeta(f): 12:05pm On Oct 03, 2018
OP stay away from radio biafra

Yorubas are United
There is nothing like Muslim agenda just that no Christian can rule over Muslims
Pls join me to shout sai baba
Tinubu wife is a Christian and their children are Muslims.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does APC Have An Islamization Agenda In The South West? by haffaze777(m): 12:05pm On Oct 03, 2018
[s]
jiorhemen:
I noticed a raging trend in South West APC with regard to the nomination of the party's governorship candidates in this election cycle. APC has been choosing Muslims only as its governorship candidates in the South West and this is happening with Bola Tinubu's consent. I am not posting this to fan the ember of religious discord, and neither am I a bigot. However, it is appalling that in the whole of South West, a region with religious parity when it comes to numbers, the APC has no Christian flagbearer in any of the states in the South West in this election cycle.

In my home state (Oyo), the outgoing governor is a Muslim, and he and Alhaji Ahmed Tinubu have worked to make sure that Alhaji Adebayo Adelabu, a Muslim, emerged as APC's governorship candidate. In Ogun state, the APC has adopted Alhaji Abdulkadir Akinlade as its governorship candidate. Need I also remind you that in the recently held gubernatorial election in Osun state, Tinubu and Aregbesola worked to make sure that another Muslim, Alhaji Oyetola becomes the governor of the state. The only Christian whom the APC has as a governor is now being kicked out to make way for another Muslim, Alhaji Babajide Sanwo-Olu, to become the governor. This trend seems to be a deliberate agenda to subjugate Christians and Christianity in the South West.

I am sure that if it was the other way round, if the APC had been nominating Christians only as its governorship candidates in the South West in this election cycle, MURIC would be all over the place crying that APC has a Christian agenda. MURIC would insist that APC must also nominate Muslims as candidates to create religious balance. But now that APC has nominated Muslims only as its governorship candidates, the only thing I have heard from MURIC is a defeaning silence. This is blatant double standard from an 'organization' that claims to be working for religious equality.

For those who might be ready to berate me for pointing out this trend, remember, when President Muhammadu Buhari's senior special assistant on media and publicity wrote an article titled "Fayose Is A Street-type Thug And Is Now Facing Political Extinction," Mr Garba talked about the importance of the 'politics of inclusion.' I concur with Garba that the politics of inclusion is right, however his party is not practicing it in the South West, and even the country as a whole.
[/s]

TRASHHHHHHHHHHH

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does APC Have An Islamization Agenda In The South West? by jiorhemen(m): 12:11pm On Oct 03, 2018
oodualover:
See another ibo person claiming to be Yoruba. Is there any tribe as pathetic and shameless like ibo people? I don't think so
I am a real Yoruba man from Ogbomosho. Are you saying that a Yoruba man should be docile and not speak out when he notices a scintilla of unfairness?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does APC Have An Islamization Agenda In The South West? by seunmsg(m): 12:14pm On Oct 03, 2018
jiorhemen:

I am a real Yoruba man from Ogbomosho. Are you saying that a Yoruba man should be docile and not speak out when he notices a scintilla of unfairness?

Sanwo-Olu is a Christian.

17 Likes

Re: Does APC Have An Islamization Agenda In The South West? by jiorhemen(m): 12:21pm On Oct 03, 2018
limeta:
OP stay away from radio biafra

Yorubas are United
There is nothing like Muslim agenda just that no Christian can rule over Muslims
Pls join me to shout sai baba
Tinubu wife is a Christian and their children are Muslims.

I have never listened to radio Biafra. You claimed that Yorubas are united but you still wrote the ridiculous statement they 'no Christian can rule over Muslims.' Now, ask yourself, does that reflect unity. You people shout 'Yoruba's are united' only when things are going the way you want it. When MURIC spews its bigoted statements, you don't come out to criticize them for trying to divide Nigerians along religious line. Just on the eve of the Osun governorship election run off, MURIC released a statement trying to stir up antichristian sentiment in order to prevent Osun people from voting for Adeleke. MURIC even made reference that Adeleke had converted to Christianity, and implied that his conversion to Christianity is disqualifying. Why didn't you respond to such satanic statements by saying that Yorubas are united, and MURIC shouldn't divide us along religious line?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does APC Have An Islamization Agenda In The South West? by kayfra: 12:23pm On Oct 03, 2018
Unsophisticated Igbos.

Yorubas are beyond silly religious divisions

14 Likes

Re: Does APC Have An Islamization Agenda In The South West? by Printerscanner: 12:26pm On Oct 03, 2018
jiorhemen:

You cannot be from Ogbomoso and claim to be a real Yoruba man. Ladoke Akintola who was an Ogbomoso man and rebel leader was the first betrayer in modern day Yoruba history. He betrayed Awolowo and we all know how he ended his miserable life through the bullets from the guns of January 15 boys. Alao Akala is another Ogbomoso man who was deputy to and later betrayed ex-governor Rasheed Laoja to become and illegal governor. I will not forget old history that the Fulanis actually infiltrated Ogbomoso during their Jihad war before they were stopped by the Ibadan solders. So I think you are a descendant of a Fulani jihadist, if not, you will not write that rubbish.

Now let me tell you why there seems to be Muslims leading Yoruba political landscape. Without offending anyone's sensibility, Politics is a dirty game formerly reserved for miscreants. But if the cool guys don't join, then the miscreants will continue ruling over the cool guys. It took time before cool guys realized this and decided to join politics. Coincidentally, Muslims did not accept Western Education as early as Christians, that made it so that there are more Muslim artisans that Christian artisans, more Muslim touts and Christian touts, if you doubt this, go to the bus-stops and you will hear names like Saidi, Jamiu, Musiliu, Luku and very few Sunday, Emmanuel, e.t.c. in the long run there are more Muslim politicians and political touts in the South West than Christians

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does APC Have An Islamization Agenda In The South West? by jiorhemen(m): 12:26pm On Oct 03, 2018
seunmsg:

Please tell me, are you sure?
Re: Does APC Have An Islamization Agenda In The South West? by adem30: 12:27pm On Oct 03, 2018
Fayemi is a Christian,
Akeredolu is a Christian,

Go back to your cursed Biafra land

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does APC Have An Islamization Agenda In The South West? by jiorhemen(m): 12:31pm On Oct 03, 2018
haffaze777:
[s][/s]

TRASHHHHHHHHHHH
You people complain when bias against Christians is pointed out, but you don't criticize MURIC when it does its thing. Now, you saw this as thrash because I pointed out a trend. You all criticised Fayose for appointing Christian commissioners only. Now, when appointments favour Muslims only, you see it as proper. With all due respect, this is hypocrisy.

2 Likes

Re: Does APC Have An Islamization Agenda In The South West? by Naajjii: 12:32pm On Oct 03, 2018
jiorhemen:

So Ekiti governor to be and Governor of Ondo are Muslims? Keep obsessing about Muslim.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does APC Have An Islamization Agenda In The South West? by jiorhemen(m): 12:35pm On Oct 03, 2018
kayfra:
Unsophisticated Igbos.

Yorubas are beyond silly religious divisions
"Yorubas are beyond silly religious divisions", but the trend has been to nominate only Muslims in this election cycle. Is it that the 'unity' does not see any Christian who is capable of governing?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does APC Have An Islamization Agenda In The South West? by jiorhemen(m): 12:36pm On Oct 03, 2018
Printerscanner:

You cannot be from Ogbomoso and claim to be a real Yoruba man. Ladoke Akintola who was an Ogbomoso man and rebel leader was the first betrayer in modern day Yoruba history. He betrayed Awolowo and we all know how he ended his miserable life through the bullets from the guns of January 15 boys. Alao Akala is another Ogbomoso man who was deputy to and later betrayed ex-governor Rasheed Laoja to become and illegal governor. I will not forget old history that the Fulanis actually infiltrated Ogbomoso during their Jihad war before they were stopped by the Ibadan solders. So I think you are a descendant of a Fulani jihadist, if not, you will not write that rubbish.
Think and reason before you post, a Fulani jihadist is writing against bias against Christian, think please.
Re: Does APC Have An Islamization Agenda In The South West? by Printerscanner: 12:38pm On Oct 03, 2018
jiorhemen:

Think and reason before you post, a Fulani jihadist is writing against bias against Christian, think please.

If I slap you, you will change to Mammy Water

2 Likes

Re: Does APC Have An Islamization Agenda In The South West? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Oct 03, 2018
This post will never make fp...

I'll deactivate my Nairaland account it does.
Re: Does APC Have An Islamization Agenda In The South West? by jiorhemen(m): 12:40pm On Oct 03, 2018
adem30:
Fayemi is a Christian,
Akeredolu is a Christian,

Go back to your cursed Biafra land
I know that Fayemi and Akeredolu are Christians. You and I know that those guys are from states that are predominantly Christians, so it is normal for them to become governor just as it us normal for a Muslim to become governor in Kano or Katsina. I am talking about states where we have approximately equal numbers of Christians and Muslims, why has APC found it difficult to nominate a Christian

6 Likes

Re: Does APC Have An Islamization Agenda In The South West? by jiorhemen(m): 12:41pm On Oct 03, 2018
Naajjii:

So Ekiti governor to be and Governor of Ondo are Muslims? Keep obsessing about Muslim.
I know that Fayemi and Akeredolu are Christians. You and I know that those guys are from states that are predominantly Christians, so it is normal for them to become governor just as it us normal for a Muslim to become governor in Kano or Katsina. I am talking about states where we have approximately equal numbers of Christians and Muslims, why has APC found it difficult to nominate a Christian

2 Likes

Re: Does APC Have An Islamization Agenda In The South West? by jiorhemen(m): 12:46pm On Oct 03, 2018
Printerscanner:

Now let me tell you why there seems to be Muslims leading Yoruba political landscape. Without offending anyone's sensibility, Politics is a dirty game formerly reserved for miscreants. But if the cool guys don't join, then the miscreants will continue ruling over the cool guys. It took time before cool guys realized this and decided to join politics. Coincidentally, Muslims did not accept Western Education as early as Christians, that made it so that there are more Muslim artisans that Christian artisans, more Muslim touts and Christian touts, if you doubt this, go to the bus-stops and you will hear names like Saidi, Jamiu, Musiliu, Luku and very few Sunday, Emmanuel, e.t.c. in the long run there are more Muslim politicians and political touts in the South West than Christians

You have a point on this but the 'touts' and not so educated artisans you mentioned don't join the political juggernauts when deciding whom the party will present as the candidate. The people you referenced here only have a say on election day after the bigwigs have chosen who the party will present as its candidate

3 Likes

Re: Does APC Have An Islamization Agenda In The South West? by haffaze777(m): 12:47pm On Oct 03, 2018
jiorhemen:

You people complain when bias against Christians is pointed out, but you don't criticize MURIC when it does its thing. Now, you saw this as thrash because I pointed out a trend. You all criticised Fayose for appointing Christian commissioners only. Now, when appointments favour Muslims only, you see it as proper. With all due respect, this is hypocrisy.

shut up ya mouth jare,southwest consist of 6 states,6 governors,3 Muslims and 3 Christias,moreover what's ur problem with south west issue because I know d way of Yorubas,we don't reason d way u reasoned

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does APC Have An Islamization Agenda In The South West? by velocity25(m): 12:50pm On Oct 03, 2018
before the military rule, it was Yoruba Christians that led the region but their nonchalant has made them to fall behind sokoto caliphate slaves.

2 Likes

Re: Does APC Have An Islamization Agenda In The South West? by seunmsg(m): 1:27pm On Oct 03, 2018
jiorhemen:

Please tell me, are you sure?

Very sure.
Re: Does APC Have An Islamization Agenda In The South West? by jiorhemen(m): 1:38pm On Oct 03, 2018
haffaze777:

shut up ya mouth jare,southwest consist of 6 states,6 governors,3 Muslims and 3 Christias,moreover what's ur problem with south west issue because I know d way of Yorubas,we don't reason d way u reasoned
Only when things go the way you want, then you talk about religious neutrality. What about all the rants by Akintola of MURIC

1 Like

Re: Does APC Have An Islamization Agenda In The South West? by jiorhemen(m): 1:39pm On Oct 03, 2018
seunmsg:

Very sure.
Fine
Re: Does APC Have An Islamization Agenda In The South West? by gentleguy1975: 2:02pm On Oct 03, 2018
I laugh when Christians allege islamization! how is that possible? How many politicians are practising Muslims? former president obasnjo was quoted to have said during the Sharia crisis in the north ' If it were to be Islamic scholars agitating for Sharia law it would have been understandable but politicians? '.

2 Likes

Re: Does APC Have An Islamization Agenda In The South West? by gentleguy1975: 2:25pm On Oct 03, 2018
Tinubu,the jagaban himself has a Christian wife,same goes for Fazhola,and Ajimobi.some of their children could also be Christians since their mothers go to church!

5 Likes

Re: Does APC Have An Islamization Agenda In The South West? by SicIgbos: 2:33pm On Oct 03, 2018
Printerscanner:

If I slap you, you will change to Mammy Water

Lol
Re: Does APC Have An Islamization Agenda In The South West? by Oblang(m): 2:46pm On Oct 03, 2018
See this one claiming Ogbomoso. All this ipob that just want us to reason like them by fire by force..if u like kill any Muslim u see in ur region, how should that affect a Yoruba man that doesn't give a bleep abt ur religion...

4 Likes

Re: Does APC Have An Islamization Agenda In The South West? by Calers: 3:24pm On Oct 03, 2018
Yoruba dont care about religion.

2 Likes

Re: Does APC Have An Islamization Agenda In The South West? by raumdeuter: 3:28pm On Oct 03, 2018
Akeredolu Christian
Sanwo-Olu Christian
Fayemi Christian

Out of 6 states

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Madam Tinubu, The vilest among Women / Edo 2020: 5 Nigerian Governors Who Defeated Their Godfathers / "I Pray Chidinma Ojukwu Burns In Hell After She's Hanged" - Femi Fani-kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.