Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,482 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work (5843 Views)

Do U Have Kids? Or Work With Kids? Discover D Benefits Of Entertainment 4 Kids / Who should a spouse listen to in matters of life and death? Family or the spouse / Extended Family Or Nuclear Family, Which Do You Prefer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by kaybanwo: 10:23am On Jul 14, 2010
Family first, then the Job
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by realcele: 1:35pm On Jul 14, 2010
In real world it is work  first as the family will not know him when he does not have money. He just have to come to the reality of balance as is your family that will stay with you and see the importance in relationship. I will also say before you start to take this as an issue i will suggest you flash back and look at how he does before the marriage and how you responded to it. I know most ladies compare and contrast and then judgement starts. If he has changed from whom you know then need for worry if not is all about making ends meet. You will need to locate a suitable time you can discuss your concerns. He might me working in an organisation where those who work at fixed hours are frowned at and you have to work till late to justify you hardworking. You dont know but you need to find out before you start working things out in your end.

I am sure he does not work 24/7 365 even computers dont so there will be times when he put his family first. It could be on sundays so enjoy that time instead of woring about his working pattern. If he does not have anytime at all then there is something wrong somewhere and that something could be with him, you etc
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by zains: 4:13pm On Jul 14, 2010
Get busy. Absence makes the heart grow fond.
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by zains: 4:16pm On Jul 14, 2010
Also read widely and keep abreast of current news. A man loves to sparr intellectually and intelligently with his wife.
If you're not smart, then what's the use of having any discussions with you?
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by ethanson12: 4:33pm On Jul 14, 2010
I put family first . Because they had support me lot of time in my career and give advice for my future.They always support me on my advice.
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by WhiteAndBlue: 5:29pm On Jul 14, 2010
Family first for me.
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by Tobiegal(f): 5:56pm On Jul 14, 2010
Hi,

I may have a different view, mayb because, ma husband n i both work on d island, I can relate to ur husband who ends up beiing very tired at night, its d work-load during d day. and yea, its easy to say, he sleepin with some gal or sometin, bt, dats such a dumb assumption for me.

In lagos, wre i work, u r either working ur ass off, or jobless, n 4rm wot u said, u husband is working his ass off, d least u can do is to understand his plight, trust mi, he doesnt like dat he cant gist with u at night, jeez, i can bearly even do a proper 2min conversation with ma husband, despite d fact dat we come n go together, everyday!!! believe mi, at d end of d day, u simply cant help urself, n i just wanna sleep!cos am tiking i'd be up by 5am d next day,

At some point u'l realize dat wen he's on vacation or a short-break, he's gonna be alot different, someone talked abt d weekend, is dre really a weekend?! with family functions n religions outings, common, d man needs d break, for mi, i need both a break n a week of sleep!!!

So, one ting u can do for yourself, get a job. Atleast, one dat'l keep u occupied, n neva stop loving ur husband, nor shd it ever cross ur mind dat dres some gal out dre, it doesnt help.

The word is balance, but dat in its self is very difficult to achieve.

cheers
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by member479760: 8:56pm On Jul 14, 2010
No job is important than the family, your husband might have someone, by the way, and giving a cheap excuse.
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by dayokanu(m): 10:02pm On Jul 14, 2010
Tobiegal:

Hi,

I may have a different view, mayb because, ma husband n i both work on d island, I can relate to your husband who ends up beiing very tired at night, its d work-load during d day. and yea, its easy to say, he sleepin with some gal or sometin, bt, dats such a dumb assumption for me.

In lagos, wre i work, u r either working your backside off, or jobless, n 4rm wot u said, u husband is working his backside off, d least u can do is to understand his plight, trust mi, he doesnt like dat he cant gist with u at night, jeez, i can bearly even do a proper 2min conversation with ma husband, despite d fact dat we come n go together, everyday!!! believe mi, at d end of d day, u simply cant help urself, n i just wanna sleep!cos am tiking i'd be up by 5am d next day,

At some point u'l realize dat wen he's on vacation or a short-break, he's gonna be alot different, someone talked abt d weekend, is dre really a weekend?! with family functions n religions outings, common, d man needs d break, for mi, i need both a break n a week of sleep!!!

So, one ting u can do for yourself, get a job. Atleast, one dat'l keep u occupied, n neva stop loving your husband, nor shd it ever cross your mind dat dres some gal out dre, it doesnt help.

The word is balance, but dat in its self is very difficult to achieve.

cheers

Sensible posts. No one could have experienced what working on the Island is like and not understand. I wake up at 4:15am and get home at 11pm everyday who can do that and still want to talk when at home?
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by lexibaba(m): 11:33pm On Jul 14, 2010
buzugee:

next time when he comes home after work, ambush him with one of the kitchen knife and tell him to drop his trousers or you will stab him in the buttocks. when he takes his trouser off, inch in closer to him and get on your knees and smell his cawk. if his cawk smells like salmon, you know what to do lorena bobbitt  grin grin grin

eja alaran grin
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by Royou: 2:11pm On Jul 15, 2010
Lol, Are sure this aint my wife complaining? This sounds just like me, Lol, i am going home to repent, Honey i love you no be lie, na work dey wan finish your guy.
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by rhemakc(f): 4:24pm On Jul 15, 2010
As for me, i wont settle down with a man dat is always busy, not having time for his family. That is trash.
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by Tobiegal(f): 5:58pm On Jul 15, 2010
rhemakc:

As for me, i wont settle down with a man dat is always busy, not having time for his family. That is trash.

fair enough, atleast you also wldnt complain if d incomin coming in is less dan u require, undecided

0hsisi:

@ the poster,let me speak from some experience.
I am married to a man who works very hard.
In the earlier days of marriage,I felt like you do now until I saw that he was doing this for us
It was hard,I understand you especially with young kids to take care of but I supported him.

If you're a housewife,I will advice you to go get a job outside the home
You will not appreciate what it means to be exhausted from work until you do it.
You won't be so needy if you occupy yourself working

Wel said, verywel said.
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by Ranoscky(m): 7:47pm On Jul 18, 2010
@op, ur papi na handsome guy o, y 'em dey fukk u up lyk dis na?
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by Ranoscky(m): 7:57pm On Jul 18, 2010
@Tobiegal, u make sence die sef for dat ur post o, i don dey too fast to worry why @op papi dey fukk 'em style up.
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by Selena586: 7:58pm On Jul 18, 2010
For me, my family is always more important than anything else.
I would do everything for them and I couldn`t be together with a man who loves money and his job more than his family.
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by Akosbaba(m): 12:25am On Jul 20, 2010
It's either ur hubby has an issue with you or he's up to something,no matter how cumbersone his work there should be at least little time 4 the family
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by femmy2010(m): 7:38am On Jul 20, 2010
Family first but without work the family will not go on well.
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by marketplace(m): 5:39pm On Jul 27, 2010
My family of course.
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by mamagee3(f): 8:08pm On Jul 27, 2010
I would pick all of the above even though I don't know why.

But, it all depends on the situation, all 3 areas is important.

So, I'd pick all three of them.
Re: Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work by Amigoz(f): 11:51pm On Jul 27, 2010
Family no doubt !!

But for someone like me, you cant help but feel u let your work down when u have to put your family first sometimes . . . .

But I can NEVER replace FAMILY with work

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Married Woman Inlove With A Married Man / 6 Months Baby! / Top 10 Countries With Highest Divorce Rate In 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.