Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,310 members, 7,815,563 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (865353 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by goingforward: 8:57am On Nov 20, 2018
Hello Nairalanders,

Let go of your concerns, then you will know that I am God, I rule the nations, I rule the earth. (Psalm 46 vs 10).
Knowing God's power and authority, knowing that He will receive honor no matter what can quiet the anxiety and concerns you face.
Every time you feel concerned, remember that He is God who loves you and has the power and authority over whatever is bothering you.

Let go of your concerns, be calm, know Him, Praise him. Be joyful no matter what.

I pray that all your heart desires for Canada Study TRV's be answered in Jesus mighty name.

Amen.

goingforward.

22 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 8:58am On Nov 20, 2018
gg4real:
Has this really happened to anyone before?

It's not a system glitch. Your little brother will be called for medicals soonest. Keep the house updated on how it goes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by litterbug(f): 8:59am On Nov 20, 2018
Amen and Amen

goingforward:
Hello Nairalanders,

Let go of your concerns, then you will know that I am God, I rule the nations, I rule the earth. (Psalm 46 vs 10).
Knowing God's power and authority, knowing that He will receive honor no matter what can quiet the anxiety and concerns you face.
Every time you feel concerned, remember that He is God who loves you and has the power and authority over whatever is bothering you.

Let go of your concerns, be calm, know Him, Praise him. Be joyful no matter what.

I pray that all your heart desires for Canada Study TRV's be answered in Jesus mighty name.

Amen.

goingforward.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by gg4real: 9:06am On Nov 20, 2018
To God be the glory.....my lil brother's medical letter just dropped also mum also got original passport request

Thanks
Frankrobbn1:

It's a positive sign! Congratulations to your little brother. He will be called for medicals soon.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by LekwachiJJ: 9:06am On Nov 20, 2018
I applied online from Lagos. Lagos also wrote me an email to update my bank statements on October 5th which I did and was acknowledged but since then no response to my enquiries via emails. A response to my last webform says my file is in london.

[quote a1uthor=henricson post=73033856]

Oh... Sorry about this. Where did you apply for visa?[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by goingforward: 9:14am On Nov 20, 2018
Determinedsoul:

The sources of fund for your 2yrsprogram u stated, was it in your SOP u stated that?

How did you provide a detail analysis of your fund on excel b4 transfer to msword?

Can one tick yes in his CIC form that he has written ielts even though it has expired?

Hello @determinedsoul,

I stated major funds in my SOP and other funds were stated in my document uploaded under ''proof of means of financial support section'' ... for instance I said, [/b]''to fund my MBA program for 2 years i have X, Y, Z sources of funds. Also, see more sources of funds in my ''proof of means of financial support section'' for your consideration.[b]

Still on that excel sheet, I stated the required source of funds in a tabular form. ( Funds based on the expectation from CIC for study per myself and each family member). ( including tuition and living expenses for two years)

Then underneath I stated my own source of funds for year 1 (which was available in my bank statement) and prospective source of funds for year 2. for myself and family)

I also concluded by stating my total funds' position underneath the excel sheet.

After doing this then I copied all from excel and pasted it on word doc ( to the proof of means of financial support) and put the relevant headings.

Doin this sort of simplifies the work for the VO. So he/she does not have to figure our things with so much effort.

[/b]No, if your IELTS has expired then you can't use it or state it.[b] Better still do another IELTS.

I hope this helps.

goingforward.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by CynthiaA5: 9:22am On Nov 20, 2018
Hello. Please when I'm submitting my application at the VAC, do I have to walk in or book an appointment? I have done biometrics in the past, do I have to take another one. Please how much is visa fee too?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 20, 2018
goingforward:
Hello Nairalanders,

Amen.

goingforward.

Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by MeinKampf: 9:47am On Nov 20, 2018
Bennycrown:

I guess this gives you a further explanation on why the decision was made.if i might ask,what exactly was wrong with the diamond bank certificate that was declared illegible?
means the scanning wasn't clear enough but I think the VO should have thought that was due to compression into 4mb max for all documents and should have requested for the clearer statements

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by CynthiaA5: 9:48am On Nov 20, 2018
The Schedule 1 Form, is it still included for paper application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by SetApart78: 9:56am On Nov 20, 2018
Hi guys,

I've just received a refusal message. I applied through paper route on 21/10/2018 and I received the refusal message this morning. The reasons for my refusal are:
1. Pursuant to Section 219 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulation, I am not satisfied that
you:
i. have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees
for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.
2. You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this
decision, I considered several factors, including:
i. immigration status in country of residence.
ii. purpose of visit
iii. employment prospects in country of residence.

But my application was supported with the following documents, in relation to these refusal reasons

1. I made a part payment of $19,300 towards my tuition fees out of $25,700 for the two years Msc program and receipts attached
2. My sponsor's (father in-law) bank account statement with a closing balance of N4.5m after making the part payment
3. My account statement with a closing balance of N2.2m (Nigeria account statement)
4. My recent employment offer letters (5), both the ones I accepted and those declined. This was to show employment prospect.
5. My employment visa in country of residence.
6. My six(6) months bank statement in country of residence, and
7. Letter from my employer

These were added to other documents to support the application. I am a bit confused on what next to do in order to address the VO's concerns.
The program is starting by January and I need to reapply ASAP.

Please help.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dubaiboy1: 10:01am On Nov 20, 2018
Amen !!

goingforward:
Hello Nairalanders,

Amen.

goingforward.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kendrick213: 10:06am On Nov 20, 2018
Sorry man
SetApart78:
Hi guys,

I've just received a refusal message. I applied through paper route on 21/10/2018 and I received the refusal message this morning. The reasons for my refusal are:
1. Pursuant to Section 219 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulation, I am not satisfied that
you:
i. have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees
2. You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this
ii. purpose of visit

But my application was supported with the following documents, in relation to these refusal reasons

1. I made a part payment of $19,300 towards my tuition fees out of $25,700 for the two years Msc program and receipts attached
2. My sponsor's (father in-law) bank account statement with a closing balance of N4.5m after making the part payment
3. My account statement with a closing balance of N2.2m (Nigeria account statement)
4. My recent employment offer letters (5), both the ones I accepted and those declined. This was to show employment prospect.

These were added to other documents to support the application. I am a bit confused on what next to do in order to address the VO's concerns.

Please help.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 10:18am On Nov 20, 2018
CynthiaA5:
The Schedule 1 Form, is it still included for paper application?

No!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 10:20am On Nov 20, 2018
CynthiaA5:
Hello. Please when I'm submitting my application at the VAC, do I have to walk in or book an appointment? I have done biometrics in the past, do I have to take another one. Please how much is visa fee too?

You can submit your paper application at the VAC without booking an appointment upfront. Also, You don't need to submit your fingerprints again till a decade time. You will be charged 61k plus at the VFS which excludes the biometrics fee.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by CynthiaA5: 10:40am On Nov 20, 2018
Thank you. How will sumbit my fingerprints?
Frankrobbn1:

You can submit your paper application at the VAC without booking an appointment upfront. Also, You don't need to submit your fingerprints again till a decade time. You will be charged 61k plus at the VFS which excludes the biometrics fee.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bennycrown(m): 11:26am On Nov 20, 2018
Exactly ,rather than concluding that the applicant has insufficient funds.it is just not fair.
MeinKampf:

means the scanning wasn't clear enough but I think the VO should have thought that was due to compression into 4mb max for all documents and should have requested for the clearer statements
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by gg4real: 11:53am On Nov 20, 2018
To God be the glory.....my lil brother's medical letter just dropped also mum also got original passport request.....
gg4real:
Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Determinedsoul: 11:53am On Nov 20, 2018
Tnx dear.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dejavus: 12:02pm On Nov 20, 2018
SetApart78:
Hi guys,

you:
ii. purpose of visit

Please help.

Sorry to hear about your refusal.

You mentioned you made a hefty payment out of the tution and I see you have not mentioned anything about sustaining yourself during the 2 years, what is the cost of accommodation and feeding for the 2 years? I want to believe that is exclusive of the $25k you mentioned earlier, can you please explain what documentation you have provided and the projected cost of aside of tution for the 2 years?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ajibolag(m): 12:03pm On Nov 20, 2018
SetApart78:
Hi guys,

you:
ii. purpose of visit

Please help.

which country do you currently reside in?
I think the issue might be because you are not in Nigeria
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Shizzleadedapo(m): 12:47pm On Nov 20, 2018
Amen.
goingforward:
Hello Nairalanders,

Amen.

goingforward.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Chescaa: 1:29pm On Nov 20, 2018
It's well guy.
SetApart78:
Hi guys,

you:
ii. purpose of visit

Please help.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by henricson(m): 1:36pm On Nov 20, 2018
makano:
E tire me oo. The person was lucky I was in a cool mood when I replied, if not, I would have talked sense to his head as usual. This newbies are just too lazy to read up informations that will benefit them. Just come here and ask silly questions that have been answered several times on this thread.

Bros cool down
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by henricson(m): 1:52pm On Nov 20, 2018
Trapping:
Please those who have collected their stamped passport, is there a time stamp for collecting the passport after which it reverts back to the embassy. I got a call from VAC asking me to come collect my passport else they send it back to Lagos (I don't understand what that means). Please help it is urgent!

Make out the time and go pick up your passport na... You don't want the visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by henricson(m): 1:58pm On Nov 20, 2018
jnyuwa02:

You have to make time and fly to Abuja then. What is keeping so much from going to Abuja? Work that you will soon resign? I know someone who authorized her mom to pick her passport. Maybe they changed the policy now. They always make the threat of sending it back, but the policy is to hold it for 30 days before sending back.

Ps: sending it back to Lagos means sending it back to the Canadian government and consular office where it was granted in Lagos.

I was told same at VFS Lagos... Someone can only submit passport for you, but only picked by passport holder.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by gg4real: 3:44pm On Nov 20, 2018
Please advice wheres the best place to do medicals in Lagos and what's the procedure?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ormohlawlah: 4:03pm On Nov 20, 2018
gg4real:
Please advice wheres the best place to do medicals in Lagos and what's the procedure?
IOM, Q-life...I think Q-life has been booked throughout this year.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ezriela: 4:29pm On Nov 20, 2018
Congrats gg4real
gg4real:
To God be the glory.....my lil brother's medical letter just dropped also mum also got original passport request

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 5:23pm On Nov 20, 2018
IOM Lagos & Q-Life.
When I checked in with Q-Life as at October they were booked for the year. You can try IOM Lagos, you might get a date within the year. Your appointment would be booked two weeks from the day you called in.

IOM Abuja still has openings, you can get a booking within the week or latest next week. It costs 41,900, I can’t remember the exact figure (you can go with 42,000 just to be safe).

All you need is your medical invitation, your intl’ passport or a copy of your intl’ passport.
It took 3 days from the day I took the medical exam for it to be sent to embassy.
I hope this helps. Good luck.

quote author=gg4real post=73144537]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 5:26pm On Nov 20, 2018
IOM Lagos & Q-Life.
When I checked in with Q-Life as at October they were booked for the year. You can try IOM Lagos, you might get a date within the year. Your appointment would be booked two weeks from the day you called in.

IOM Abuja still has openings, you can get a booking within the week or latest next week. It costs 41,900, I can’t remember the exact figure (you can go with 42,000 just to be safe).

All you need is your medical invitation, your intl’ passport or a copy of your intl’ passport.
It took 3 days from the day I took the medical exam for it to be sent to embassy.
I hope this helps. Good luck.

gg4real:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.