Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (867376 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Osasalfred44: 9:44pm On Nov 18, 2018
Osasalfred44:
Hello guyz, my friend just got admitted with an unconditional offer from a university in Canada because e just recently graduated and have not gotten his final results but was admitted based on the 100-300level transcripts sent and promised to send the complete transcripts by January, please how should e go about visa application, the sponsor is the uncle with over 10m in his account.
somebody should please reply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Osasalfred44: 9:50pm On Nov 18, 2018
Hello guyz, my friend just got admitted with an conditional offer from a university in Canada because e just recently graduated and have not gotten his final results but was admitted based on the 100-300level transcripts sent and promised to send the complete transcripts by January, please how should e go about visa application, the sponsor is the uncle with over 10m in his account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 10:28pm On Nov 18, 2018
Lagos2canna:

Could this be the maintenance we have been waiting for? June,July,August

Did anybody apply on the 12th of July...asking cos on Thursday..a friend of mine who applied on the 12th of July got his approval on Thursday .....online route
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Lagos2canna: 10:33pm On Nov 18, 2018
justwise:
@Lagos2canna and Austacus

Please stop pasting GCMS link from a 3rd party website here, people looking for a way to order GCMS should use google to do their research.
Noted
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Lagos2canna: 10:38pm On Nov 18, 2018
042viber12:

Did anybody apply on the 12th of July...asking cos on Thursday..a friend of mine who applied on the 12th of July got his approval on Thursday .....online route
Did the person get medical request?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 11:15pm On Nov 18, 2018
Welcome om board. But to tell u the truth many peeps here are not in the state of mind to educate you from start to finish so I will advise you read up from Part 12 to this present page coupled with ur research on Google. I bet it with you after doing this you will be better than the gurus here. Peace
247vip:
Please house am just joining. I need someone to educate me on how I can appy for a Canada Student Visa (Undergraduate). Requirements and Steps on how to go about it.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 18, 2018
Lagos2canna:

Did the person get medical request?

Yea...though don't know wen but yes he obviously did
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sunkanmi562(m): 12:10am On Nov 19, 2018
cychristaa:

Depending on if its undergraduate or postgraduate, just Google postgraduate courses in u of m. Then see if they have your desired course of study. Before you start the application look through the list of requirements and if its postgraduate I feel it might increase your chances of getting admitted if you have a supervisor before you apply. It's not necessary though.
Okay thanks for ur feedback what about writing ielts exam e.t.c
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sunkanmi562(m): 3:34am On Nov 19, 2018
Pls who knows the process about WES
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kamalu5258(m): 7:05am On Nov 19, 2018
I've never heard of any PGD program that requires GMAT, but let me check well sha
odimbannamdi:

In addition to this useful piece of advice, Kamalu5258, consider taking the GMAT exam as it will most likely be a requirement for admission.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by odimbannamdi(m): 9:44am On Nov 19, 2018
Kamalu5258:
I've never heard of any PGD program that requires GMAT, but let me check well sha

Oh! PGD?

My bad! I doubt it will be a requirement
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by CynthiaA5: 9:51am On Nov 19, 2018
Hello house. Good morning
I want to withdraw my application, do I need to send an email or webform? June 12 applicant
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by zeriod: 10:17am On Nov 19, 2018
Fram:
Thanks a lot, you explained it well. I did not do upfront medicals. However I have done medical and passed.

Congrats!

Please how did you get to link your paper to the online?

I keep getting no record found.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Trapping(m): 10:24am On Nov 19, 2018
@JNYUWA I don't know if you're familiar with this case - I need you to rescue me. So I got a call from VAC Abuja requesting that I pick up my stamped passport from their office or they will have to send it back to Lagos. I'm not in Abuja or anywhere near Abj. So what do they mean when they say they will return the passport to Lagos? Please clarify me, I'm kinda scared. I actually want to pick-up the passport when I get to Lagos as I'm about leaving.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Doubleapproval: 10:45am On Nov 19, 2018
042viber12:

I applied on 11th July. No news yet. Thought I got a reply to my inquiry four weeks ago that my application is now on active review.
Since then no news or update.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kendrick213: 10:59am On Nov 19, 2018
That is the new format of generic response, actively processing. Very irresponsible !
Doubleapproval:

I applied on 11th July. No news yet. Thought I got a reply to my inquiry four weeks ago that my application is now on active review.
Since then no news or update.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by OOAAD: 11:00am On Nov 19, 2018
Hello House,

Please what are the requirements to obtain police character certificate in Lagos Nigeria?
In addition, for parents who are sponsors and without birth certificate , are they required to submit age declaration? (born in when there was no birth certificate)

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Determinedsoul: 11:10am On Nov 19, 2018
Paper app also includes UCI. I saw one it has UCI and it's paper app.

Can I order for gcms note without UCI (unique client identifier)?
The person went through paper route and UCI wasn't included in the application only student number.
Please someone should help me with this[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Senatorkolade: 11:21am On Nov 19, 2018
makano:
Welcome om board. But to tell u the truth many peeps here are not in the state of mind to educate you from start to finish so I will advise you read up from Part 12 to this present page coupled with our research on Google. I bet it with you after doing this you will be better than the gurus here. Peace

It baffles me when somebody who wants to face the most rigorous educational system of Canada finds it difficult to research a simple forum like Nairaland. No wonder the VOs see every Nigerian study permit applicant as not being a genuine student

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by amozag2018: 11:38am On Nov 19, 2018
Good morning CynthiaA5,
I will advise that you request your GCMS note!!! You have waited for this long, so an extra 35 days should not be too long for you to wait and know what is going on with your application.
CynthiaA5:
Hello house. Good morning
I want to withdraw my application, do I need to send an email or webform? June 12 applicant
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Determinedsoul: 11:39am On Nov 19, 2018
The sources of fund for your 2yrsprogram u stated, was it in your SOP u stated that?

How did you provide a detail analysis of your fund on excel b4 transfer to msword?

Can one tick yes in his CIC form that he has written ielts even though it has expired?

Long post alert!!!!! (Family application)
I am eternally grateful to God for this Testimony. When I wrote that Jesus did it I meant every word.

I am Goingforward.!!!! Forward only. cool grin smiley

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Determinedsoul: 12:00pm On Nov 19, 2018
How do you PM someone here apart from sending this athomatic message?

Tnx
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by blaugrana82(m): 12:12pm On Nov 19, 2018
My application is 21weeks and 2days already. No news from CIC. I requested GCMS note last week without knowing I would be sent a consent form to fill immediately but I later sent a WhatsApp message to their support on Saturday. This is really frustrating. Since June 30. God will touch their heart. I don't even know what to say to them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 12:42pm On Nov 19, 2018
E tire me oo. The person was lucky I was in a cool mood when I replied, if not, I would have talked sense to his head as usual. This newbies are just too lazy to read up informations that will benefit them. Just come here and ask silly questions that have been answered several times on this thread.
Senatorkolade:

It baffles me when somebody who wants to face the most rigorous educational system of Canada finds it difficult to research a simple forum like Nairaland. No wonder the VOs see every Nigerian study permit applicant as not being genuine students
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 12:46pm On Nov 19, 2018
blaugrana82:
My application is 21weeks and 2days already. No news from CIC. I requested GCMS note last week without knowing I would be sent a consent form to fill immediately but I later sent a WhatsApp message to their support on Saturday. This is really frustrating. Since June 30. God will touch their heart. I don't even know what to say to them.

Firstly you made a smart move by ordering for gcms!
If you defer your admission to spring, I bet you will be very very fine
You will just feel a big change and relief.
Why not try it instead of killing yourself cause of CIC

Spring is just 5 months from now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by henricson(m): 1:51pm On Nov 19, 2018
Adebayo2296:
Yes I have done it! I applied through paper route and no single feedback since I submitted and not even to acknowledge my submission. I check Cic accounts and it shows processing background check that looks like a default. I currently have visit visa that I have not used. I got one sometimes ago and I travelled and came back. Thanks

You should wait until the processing time allocated when you applied
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by jnyuwa02: 2:11pm On Nov 19, 2018
Trapping:
@JNYUWA I don't know if you're familiar with this case - I need you to rescue me. So I got a call from VAC Abuja requesting that I pick up my stamped passport from their office or they will have to send it back to Lagos. I'm not in Abuja or anywhere near Abj. So what do they mean when they say they will return the passport to Lagos? Please clarify me, I'm kinda scared. I actually want to pick-up the passport when I get to Lagos as I'm about leaving.

Probably your application was processed and granted in Lagos? That is what they mean, Passport sent to the processing office. That will complicate things if your passport is sent back to the embassy. You can give someone a consent form to pick up your passport for you or better, take a flight or overnight bus to Abuja.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by hustla(m): 2:26pm On Nov 19, 2018
Hello House, I have 2 questions;

Please who knows any school where I can get PGD in something Media/Mass Communication related? I have searched and searched sotey I wan die ontop the matter

Also can I apply for Advanced Diploma in a media related course even if I have a Bsc in Mass Communication? I have seen quite a few of them but no Msc in something Public Relations/ Media related

Is MBA advisable for someone with Mass comm background? Will it show red flags to the VO?

Please advise

Thank you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by gg4real: 3:04pm On Nov 19, 2018
Hi,
Has anyone experience this before? My lil brother who is 16yrs and has admission for undergraduate at UPEI has applied for study permit with my mum who is accompanying him purposely to see that he's well settled. This morning we got a message from CIC and we login only to discovered that his application has been updated and his medical review states 'we are reviewing your medical results' whereas he hasn't done any medical test before. Could this be a mistake? Both his and mum's applications eligibility review has commenced.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Trapping(m): 3:10pm On Nov 19, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Probably your application was processed and granted in Lagos? That is what they mean, Passport sent to the processing office. That will complicate things if your passport is sent back to the embassy. You can give someone a consent form to pick up your passport for you or better, take a flight or overnight bus to Abuja.

Yeah, it was granted in Lagos. They said I'm the only one that can pick it up.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Senatorkolade: 3:13pm On Nov 19, 2018
gg4real:
Hi,
Has anyone experience this before? My lil brother who is 16yrs and has admission for undergraduate at UPEI has applied for study permit with my mum who is accompanying him purposely to see that he's well settled. This morning we got a message from CIC and we login only to discovered that his application has been updated and his medical review states 'we are reviewing your medical results' whereas he hasn't done any medical test before. Could this be a mistake? Both his and mum's applications eligibility review has commenced.

He might have been called for medical in which the system error might not have made it available
Let him do medical and send it to them

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.