Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,211 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (865243 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Trapping(m): 3:23pm On Nov 19, 2018
Please those who have collected their stamped passport, is there a time stamp for collecting the passport after which it reverts back to the embassy. I got a call from VAC asking me to come collect my passport else they send it back to Lagos (I don't understand what that means). Please help it is urgent!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by jnyuwa02: 3:51pm On Nov 19, 2018
Trapping:

Yeah, it was granted in Lagos. They said I'm the only one that can pick it up.

You have to make time and fly to Abuja then. What is keeping so much from going to Abuja? Work that you will soon resign? I know someone who authorized her mom to pick her passport. Maybe they changed the policy now. They always make the threat of sending it back, but the policy is to hold it for 30 days before sending back.

Ps: sending it back to Lagos means sending it back to the Canadian government and consular office where it was granted in Lagos.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Trapping(m): 4:07pm On Nov 19, 2018
jnyuwa02:

You have to make time and fly to Abuja then. What is keeping so much from going to Abuja? Work that you will soon resign? I know someone who authorized her mom to pick her passport. Maybe they changed the policy now. They always make the threat of sending it back, but the policy is to hold it for 30 days before sending back.

Ps: sending it back to Lagos means sending it back to the Canadian government and consular office where it was granted in Lagos.

Thanks a lot. I will call'em tomorrow and if it warrants going to ABJ sure I will be there on Thursday.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by rotormast: 4:14pm On Nov 19, 2018
Please how long having passing medical can someone expect to hear about visa decision ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 19, 2018
gg4real:
Hi,
Has anyone experience this before? My lil brother who is 16yrs and has admission for undergraduate at UPEI has applied for study permit with my mum who is accompanying him purposely to see that he's well settled. This morning we got a message from CIC and we login only to discovered that his application has been updated and his medical review states 'we are reviewing your medical results' whereas he hasn't done any medical test before. Could this be a mistake? Both his and mum's applications eligibility review has commenced.
Wen did your lil bro and mum apply for visa and wen did their eligibility review start
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by gg4real: 4:33pm On Nov 19, 2018
Oct 26. Eligibility review starts today

[quotient author=042viber12 post=73115383]
Wen did your lil bro and mum apply for visa and wen did their eligibility review start[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by gg4real: 4:36pm On Nov 19, 2018
Has this really happened to anyone before?
Senatorkolade:

He might have been called for medical in which the system error might not have made it available
Let him do medical and send it to them
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 19, 2018
gg4real:
Has this really happened to anyone before?

Can say it might be an error cos if eligibility review started today, then the medical issh might just be the system error but all the same, just be positive...God works in mysterious ways...did that same notification appear on the mums own or just his?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 19, 2018
when did he apply? I will advice you book time down for his medicals; so far your mum is visiting, there won't be need for her to do medicals.
gg4real:
Hi,
Has anyone experience this before? My lil brother who is 16yrs and has admission for undergraduate at UPEI has applied for study permit with my mum who is accompanying him purposely to see that he's well settled. This morning we got a message from CIC and we login only to discovered that his application has been updated and his medical review states 'we are reviewing your medical results' whereas he hasn't done any medical test before. Could this be a mistake? Both his and mum's applications eligibility review has commenced.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Famzyactivity: 5:21pm On Nov 19, 2018
CynthiaA5:
Hello house. Good morning
I want to withdraw my application, do I need to send an email or webform? June 12 applicant
Please why do you want to withdraw your Application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 19, 2018
kceecool:
bro same here, am tired already
Applied June 28th Online
biometrics july 3rd
Eligibility Review 7th September
no update since
how far..has there been an update now?
Are U in Canada already
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Yoshy: 6:09pm On Nov 19, 2018
makano:
E tire me oo. The person was lucky I was in a cool mood when I replied, if not, I would have talked sense to his head as usual. This newbies are just too lazy to read up informations that will benefit them. Just come here and ask silly questions that have been answered several times on this thread.

I bet you didn't off as a guru, so you guys can simply say; search the thread or Google. Without using harsh words on someone else.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by galala123(m): 6:24pm On Nov 19, 2018
Page 100 already. 20% of part 15 exhausted. May good news continue to flow in before part 16.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dinho10(m): 7:22pm On Nov 19, 2018
Amin Jesu...

galala123:
Page 100 already. 20% of part 15 exhausted. May good news continue to flow in before part 16.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Senatorkolade: 7:37pm On Nov 19, 2018
CynthiaA5:
Hello house. Good morning
I want to withdraw my application, do I need to send an email or webform? June 12 applicant

How do I cancel an application I submitted online?
To cancel or withdraw an online application, use this web form.

Include in the form:

your name
your Unique Client Identifier (UCI) (if you have one)
your date of birth
your country of birth
your application type
the date you submitted your online application
your application number (if you know it)
your payment receipt number (if you know it)
We’ll find out if you can withdraw your application and will contact you if we need more information. If we find that you can withdraw your application, we’ll refund your fees.

If you withdraw your eTA application, we can’t refund your fee.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kylexy61(m): 7:48pm On Nov 19, 2018
gg4real:
Hi,

This usually happens about one or two days before getting a medical request. I have seen this happen at least 3 times on this thread. Just wait for two more days. There are no guarantees, but it's likely you'll receive a medical request soon.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by gg4real: 8:01pm On Nov 19, 2018
No it didn't appeared on mums application only his being the principal applicant. Both of them have eligibility review started already.
042viber12:

Can say it might be an error cos if eligibility review started today, then the medical issh might just be the system error but all the same, just be positive...God works in mysterious ways...did that same notification appear on the mums own or just his?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ayok90: 8:03pm On Nov 19, 2018
Plz was it online or paper route
Tanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by gg4real: 8:04pm On Nov 19, 2018
Thank you. Him and mum has been denied before but to my surprise, they only sent mum correspondence better regarding biometric update that will expired in 2O27.
kylexy61:

This usually happens about one or two days before getting a medical request. I have seen this happen at least 3 times on this thread. Just wait for two more days. There are no guarantees, but it's likely you'll receive a medical request soon.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by gg4real: 8:04pm On Nov 19, 2018
Was online
Ayok90:
Plz was it online or paper route
Tanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ayok90: 8:04pm On Nov 19, 2018
gg4real:
Hi,

Was is online or paper route?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by CynthiaA5: 8:34pm On Nov 19, 2018
Thank you
Senatorkolade:

How do I cancel an application I submitted online?
To cancel or withdraw an online application, use this web form.

Include in the form:

your name
your Unique Client Identifier (UCI) (if you have one)
your date of birth
your country of birth
your application type
the date you submitted your online application
your application number (if you know it)
your payment receipt number (if you know it)
We’ll find out if you can withdraw your application and will contact you if we need more information. If we find that you can withdraw your application, we’ll refund your fees.

If you withdraw your eTA application, we can’t refund your fee.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by cychristaa: 10:31pm On Nov 19, 2018
sunkanmi562:

Okay thanks for ur feedback what about writing ielts exam e.t.c

It's not needed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 10:59pm On Nov 19, 2018
Nothing to worry about. Expect that medical request in 2 days at most. Congrats in advance.
gg4real:
Hi,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by alftdbts: 11:03pm On Nov 19, 2018
042viber12:

Did anybody apply on the 12th of July...asking cos on Thursday..a friend of mine who applied on the 12th of July got his approval on Thursday .....online route

I submitted my application on the 14th of July with biometrics completed on the 16th of July. Ever since no show ohhh bro. Not even eligibility review sef.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tosan28: 11:10pm On Nov 19, 2018
Hi gurus in the house. My GCMS note is finally out. Found some things that weren't in the refusal letter they usually attach.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bennycrown(m): 8:06am On Nov 20, 2018
I guess this gives you a further explanation on why the decision was made.if i might ask,what exactly was wrong with the diamond bank certificate that was declared illegible?
Tosan28:
Hi gurus in the house. My GCMS note is finally out. Found some things that weren't in the refusal letter they usually attach.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kendrick213: 8:07am On Nov 20, 2018
Hmmm...this things don't have timelines from my experience. Just pray it doesn't take forever. People had the theory sometimes early this year that once eligibility review has started it is matters of few days and approval is around the corner. Now this is completely untrue in recent times...just keep an open mind while praying too .
kylexy61:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kendrick213: 8:12am On Nov 20, 2018
Just what I wanted to ask
Bennycrown:

I guess this gives you a further explanation on why the decision was made.if i might ask,what exactly was wrong with the diamond bank certificate that was declared illegible?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tosan28: 8:48am On Nov 20, 2018
Bennycrown:

My sponsor's account statement was compressed to two pages. 6 months statement. Maybe they didn't want it that way. 60m
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 8:55am On Nov 20, 2018
gg4real:
Hi,

It's a positive sign! Congratulations to your little brother. He will be called for medicals soon.

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.