Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,414 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (866512 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 11:00pm On Jan 03, 2019
How do mean U wrote letter of Medical request, Can u clarify that? Also have u been sent Medical request by RCIC?
imoriafe:

Dear all pls respond... Oga makano pls respond
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 11:07pm On Jan 03, 2019
Hi, I just submitted my mum's land deed along with my sponsor's statement of account.

Pimi:
Hello house, please has anyone gone through the process of getting evidence of landed documents during the course of the Visa application? I'm trying to get mine I don't know if a land evaluation from a real estate agent would be enough. Do I have to get any form of seal from a surveyor general or something like that?

Please I need answers from people that presented any form of landed documents. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jan 03, 2019
123abcclwon reporting live from St. John's

A lot of us kinda outgrow the thread (I will too soon), but I just feel we all should create time to help one another scale what is in my opinion the most difficult hurdle of this process - the VISA hurdle.

I attended orientation today and the number of asians that are resuming school were way more than half (they move together in groups and speak their language at will). Anyways, bottom line is that we Nigerians can and should put conscious effort into helping one another to get TRVs.

A little bit about life in Canada may help some of us on the thread make smart decisions about pursuing this whole thing. Because some are actually better of elsewhere, as not everyone's success is tied to Canada.

I very importantly have to say a very big thank you to a member of this forum, cocosmite. I reached out to him before I left Nigeria and he has been of tremendous help to me. Brother actually cooked and brought home cooked meal for me at the airport! Allowed me stay in his apartment for three days, and helped me settle in! Some angels live among us people. They breathe air like you and I (some even like girls with big bum-bum grin ) but they are nothing short of angels. I am really grateful.

So I guess we all catch the message, let's help and continue to help one another, keep the cycle going and all.

I school at MUN, if you have questions about the school please feel free to ask here and I will answer to the best of my knowledge.

19 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by PstTobi: 11:27pm On Jan 03, 2019
God just did a miracle in my life, a connection have not even seen before though he help me with a token when I was doing my project promised to pay for my tuition once have gotten the admission, how can I tell the vo about my sponsor. Thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kendrick213: 11:44pm On Jan 03, 2019
PstTobi:
God just did a miracle in my life, a connection have not even seen before though he help me with a token when I was doing my project promised to pay for my tuition once have gotten the admission, how can I tell the vo about my sponsor. Thanks
he can write a letter to the vo and explain his passion to help you. They call them financial angels, the vo should have heard about such people.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by diuloaku(m): 11:57pm On Jan 03, 2019
Nice advice.... please how do i get started with finding a school for my wife to run her msc there? Your help will be appreciated
123abcclown:
123abcclwon reporting live from St. John's

A lot of us kinda outgrow the thread (I will too soon), but I just feel we all should create time to help one another scale what is in my opinion the most difficult hurdle of this process - the VISA hurdle.

I attended orientation today and the number of asians that are resuming school were way more than half (they move together in groups and speak their language at will). Anyways, bottom line is that we Nigerians can and should put conscious effort into helping one another to get TRVs.

A little bit about life in Canada may help some of us on the thread make smart decisions about pursuing this whole thing. Because some are actually better of elsewhere, as not everyone's success is tied to Canada.

I very importantly have to say a very big thank you to a member of this forum, cocosmite. I reached out to him before I left Nigeria and he has been of tremendous help to me. Brother actually cooked and brought home cooked meal for me at the airport! Allowed me stay in his apartment for three days, and helped me settle in! Some angels live among us people. They breathe air like you and I (some even like girls with big bum-bum grin ) but they are nothing short of angels. I am really grateful.

So I guess we all catch the message, let's help and continue to help one another, keep the cycle going and all.

I school at MUN, if you have questions about the school please feel free to ask here and I will answer to the best of my knowledge.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by OOAAD: 12:18am On Jan 04, 2019
I did but i dont know what exactly your supervisor is requesting for.

Toobie:
Happy New Year People

Please I just got a positive response (email) from one the supervisor uni of Manitoba ( Dept of Electrical & Computer Engineering). He has me to send him some document he stated in the mail; some which I don't really understand. Is there anyone who has done this before should please come to my aid... I don't mind send forwarding to mail to any good Samaritan so we can reason together. URGENT REPLY PLEASE !!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by PstTobi: 12:41am On Jan 04, 2019
I graduated with 2.54gpa from Dept of applied geophysics, I want to apply for pgd in petroleum engineering technology at nait, please can I be admitted with such GPA and what's their admission rate, is it high.
Furthermore I read it on their website that if am admitted i will pay 1000CAD as part of my tuition fee and is not refundable. please I need more light sir/ma. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Determinedsoul: 12:43am On Jan 04, 2019
Will soon apply for my visa. Last time I downloaded 2017 study permit form but was told at embassy to use 2018 version. Now it is 2019, does anyone know if d current one will be 2019 or I should just print out the 2018 version I have? I asked cos I couldn't verify as someone helped me in downloading the last one on his laptop.

Secondly, tax clearance cert I have expired on 31st Dec 2018 and my sponsor doesn't have another tax clearance form Hope I can still use that?

Tnx for your kindness and assistance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by PstTobi: 1:37am On Jan 04, 2019
Kendrick213:
he can write a letter to the vo and explain his passion to help you. They call them financial angels, the vo should have heard about such people.
Can the help from the financial angel called scholarship, the passion explanation will it be in the sponsor letter/LOE
certainly I'll need is statement of account, is it advisable for him to pay all my tuition from his account and hope it won't show desperation (I'll show the VO the receipt) and send my accommodation and other expenses money into my personal bank account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by favoured247(m): 3:37am On Jan 04, 2019
Please is there a center in pH where one can do biometrics and medicals after applying for student visa?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 5:22am On Jan 04, 2019
diuloaku:
Nice advice.... please how do i get started with finding a school for my wife to run her msc there? Your help will be appreciated

You will have to start the search here https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs

A very subtle advice will be to go for a course that is closely related to her previous study or her work experience.

Good luck. �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by 1playa: 6:07am On Jan 04, 2019
Good morning famz, can anyone please help with the documents to be submitted with international passport at VFs after getting passport request letter from CIC.... thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ormohlawlah: 6:40am On Jan 04, 2019
PstTobi:
Chai, I need this kind of person in my life this year
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Emmyirab(m): 7:21am On Jan 04, 2019
1playa:
Good morning famz, can anyone please help with the documents to be submitted with international passport at VFs after getting passport request letter from CIC.... thanks
I submitted yesterday.
Just go with your passport, the passport request letter and the slip VFS gave you when you did your biometrics
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Pimi: 7:43am On Jan 04, 2019
Bracha:
Hi, I just submitted my mum's land deed along with my sponsor's statement of account.

Alright, that means that you didn't submit any other land documents like the land evaluation right? Just the deeds?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by hardeholar1(m): 8:04am On Jan 04, 2019
The $1000 is a commitment fee that has to be paid to show that you are interested in studying the program after you pay the $1000, then you will be giving an unconditional admission letter that you will use to process you student visa
But the $1000 Will be use to fund your tuition fee for example if the tuition fee is $5000 and u have paid $1000 it will remain $4000
And about there admission rate the have a set number for international student
But the most important thing is that you apply early
There admission is based on first come first serve, so if u have 2.54 and u applied November and someone with 3.52 applied January you will be given admission except you don't meet the admmsion requirement
As for me I was offered biological science and I have paid the $1000 for the Fall 2019 session
PstTobi:
I graduated with 2.54gpa from Dept of applied geophysics, I want to apply for pgd in petroleum engineering technology at nait, please can I be admitted with such GPA and what's their admission rate, is it high.
Furthermore I read it on their website that if am admitted i will pay 1000CAD as part of my tuition fee and is not refundable. please I need more light sir/ma. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by imoriafe: 8:15am On Jan 04, 2019
Determinedsoul:

Will soon apply for my visa. Last time I downloaded 2017 study permit form but was told at embassy to use 2018 version. Now it is 2019, does anyone know if d current one will be 2019 or I should just print out the 2018 version I have? I asked cos I couldn't verify as someone helped me in downloading the last one on his laptop.

Secondly, tax clearance cert I have expired on 31st Dec 2018 and my sponsor doesn't have another tax clearance form Hope I can still use that?

Tnx for your kindness and assistance.

When u go online on their site u will get the latest form for 2018.. U have to type on it to fill it.. Just download the form n fill it on ur friend's laptop n print.. U will also need to validate the form.. After filling, validate it.

For the tax clearance.. The gurus should pls help out

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Pimi: 8:27am On Jan 04, 2019
Awuuga:
I submitted landed documents during my application.

Get a C or O or a deed of assignment and attach it to the documents stating the estimated evaluation.
A certified surveyor will have his own seal. The documents stating the estimate evaluation should have his seal.

Some of these surveyors aren’t certified, they get the job & take it to a certified surveyor and make use of his seal. This will incur more cost because they’ll have to pay whoever will be stamping the documents.

So make sure he/she is certified.

P.S if the property is a rented one, include the agreement between you and the tenants, also add a few of the receipts of payments made to you.

Thanks so much for your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by imoriafe: 8:42am On Jan 04, 2019
makano:
How do mean U wrote letter of Medical request, Can u clarify that? Also have u been sent Medical request by RCIC?

In the latest form u have to request for medical examination... I didn't get the form to download so I wrote a letter.. Now I got the form I hope I can scan n send to them..?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 9:07am On Jan 04, 2019
Yes, I submitted just the deed of the land.

Pimi:

Alright, that means that you didn't submit any other land documents like the land evaluation right? Just the deeds?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Determinedsoul: 9:25am On Jan 04, 2019
Tnx so much dear. GOD BLESS U

When u go online on their site u will get the latest form for 2018.. U have to type on it to fill it.. Just download the form n fill it on ur friend's laptop n print.. U will also need to validate the form.. After filling, validate it.

For the tax clearance.. The gurus should pls help out[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by abbycole930(m): 10:38am On Jan 04, 2019
diuloaku:
God bless your footstep over there
hoping to be in Canada too by September 2019 in Niagara college
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by PstTobi: 10:49am On Jan 04, 2019
hardeholar1:
The $1000 is a commitment fee that has to be paid to show that you are interested in studying the program after you pay the $1000, then you will be giving an unconditional admission letter that you will use to process you student visa
But the $1000 Will be use to fund your tuition fee for example if the tuition fee is $5000 and u have paid $1000 it will remain $4000
And about there admission rate the have a set number for international student
But the most important thing is that you apply early
There admission is based on first come first serve, so if u have 2.54 and u applied November and someone with 3.52 applied January you will be given admission except you don't meet the admmsion requirement
As for me I have offered to study biological science and I have paid the $1000 for the Fall 2019 session
Adeola please this is my email (olanipekunglory4sucess@gmail.com), please kindly drop your phone number in it, I'll call you since we're going to the same school I'll would like to discuss with you and I'll need a little guidance. Hoping to hear from you very soon. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by PstTobi: 10:52am On Jan 04, 2019
PstTobi:

Can the help from the financial angel called scholarship, the passion explanation will it be in the sponsor letter/LOE
certainly I'll need is statement of account, is it advisable for him to pay all my tuition from his account and hope it won't show desperation (I'll show the VO the receipt) and send my accommodation and other expenses money into my personal bank account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ishiamu(m): 11:11am On Jan 04, 2019
Please are there schools in Canada that doesn't require TOEFL and other English proficiency test? Please let me know
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by fatsonm: 11:29am On Jan 04, 2019
ishiamu:
Please are there schools in Canada that doesn't require TOEFL and other English proficiency test? Please let me know

University of maitoba waives for Nigerians.
University of guelph waives
University of Alberta waives also but for some certain graduates from unis listed on their website.

Google search the rest!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bolamike: 12:39pm On Jan 04, 2019
Anyone here who applied for a university in Canada using NECO? I recently applied to University of Winnipeg and they reached back to me now that I need to provide the official NECO certificate instead of the one online. I reached out to NECO office and the last-released certificate batch was that of 2014. I really dont know how to go about this. Anyone with an idea?
NOTE:- The exam is NECO GCE (External)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by milo9(m): 1:32pm On Jan 04, 2019
Hello everyone,
I'm interested in going for my PGD/PGC in canada, I've tried to find schools with tuition plus general expenses not more than 10k but couldn't get any. Please help me with list of schools within my budget of 10,000CAD.
course- business administration or logistics and supply chain management.

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55