Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,617 members, 7,816,542 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (866086 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Akpesman: 1:54pm On Jan 04, 2019
Is anyone applying for Canada study permit for September 2019 resumption date?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by bennyg24(m): 2:36pm On Jan 04, 2019
Good day all, please I need the website to apply for study permit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by OOAAD: 3:24pm On Jan 04, 2019
House house,

Please the application package for Nigeria territory is not opening.
I have been trying to download the package since yesterday.
can someone help me please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Pimi: 4:54pm On Jan 04, 2019
Bracha:
Yes, I submitted just the deed of the land.

Thanks so much I really appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Pimi: 4:55pm On Jan 04, 2019
OOAAD:
House house,

Use the latest adobe reader to view it on your computer
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Pimi: 4:57pm On Jan 04, 2019
bennyg24:
Good day all, please I need the website to apply for study permit

You can start here http://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/Nigeria/index.html
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Stevenssen(m): 4:59pm On Jan 04, 2019
Is Nysc necessary? I just graduated and considering if to start applying to universities or do nysc first?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by princekins(m): 5:16pm On Jan 04, 2019
do nysc first...start applying during the 2nd half of ur nysc prog

Stevenssen:
Is Nysc necessary? I just graduated and considering if to start applying to universities or do nysc first?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Justobserving1: 5:27pm On Jan 04, 2019
Use internet explorer and not google chrome.
OOAAD:
House house,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Raymondrain: 5:59pm On Jan 04, 2019
Good afternoon or evening house....can houses and lands, rents receipt be use as financial support for canada study permit application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 04, 2019
APPROVAL ALERT!!! LONG POST!!!

I sincerely thank God for His mercies and grace towards my application. In 2016, we were deceived by canada school agent over 1k dollars trying to apply for my wife. The agent did a poor job including documentations, however she was rejected. So when i decided to apply for myself I did it myself.

I have travel history for family vacation to Dubai and SA and short study in Canada. However, was rejected visa to UK and US. So when they asked if i have been denied visa before? I put UK and US and explained I was denied visa for family vacation.

I decided to apply for study permit paper route on 12 OCt, 2018. Got Medical request on 4December, biometric validation on 18th and approval Jan3, 19. Documents submitted;

- All CIC forms
-major required documents
-My CAC documents for two companies
-Annual returns receipts of 14k paid to CAC not tax clearance
-personal current accounts which i have been running very well. Infact i used it for all my transactions to build the account. 6 months SOA over 120 pages. Ending balance of 10.5m and 9m was reserved for all my study expenses which came in from my savings acct from the same bank to current acct. So it shows own account transfer. I moved the money 8 days to my application.
-4 Banks accounts for my company with total balance of 1.8m in all
-4 bank references
-letter of financial sponsorship- written by me as self sponsor
-Letter of Introduction from my 2 companies. signed by my staff with our company seal stating I am my position
-letter of financial support from my organization for 2k dollars just for flights.( Company sponsorship is not always the best if you have alternatives- you can read more from nairaland about this)
-consent letter from wife that i have made provision for upkeep. She wrote it on her company letter head
-SOP 3 pages. ( I also had to do handwritten Letter of explanation because i couldn't go back to type it at the point of submission. I had to explain I already had a visiting visa for short study
-Valuation of my land with R of O and title deeds
-University certificates and transcripts
-CV
-No tuition deposits
-Visa form and Letter from the university
-Passport
-police report
-birth certificates
etc

I prepare my application from VO's perspective. I was honest and took my time to prepare documents. I did vigils with Nairaland and google in all my 3 visa applications to learn from past applications. I prayed and thank God alot.

My advice- be honest in all your application process, Be consistent with your information across embassies, relax and submit until you are sure you've your dot your I's and cross your T's and completely rely on GOD = Visa assured! Thanks to @Austacus! He really lifted my spirit at a point of long silence! Let somebody shout Hallelujah!!!!!!! You're the next to share your success story!

All the best to the hopeful!!!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 04, 2019
It can be use as evidence of your financial capacity but you need liquid cash in bank accounts as proof of available funds for your study. Just look at that question from the eyes of the VO looking for who to deny. You need to show everything is good!
Raymondrain:
Good afternoon or evening house....can houses and lands, rents receipt be use as financial support for canada study permit application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 6:24pm On Jan 04, 2019
Congratulations sir.

Adebayo2296:

I sincerely thank God for His mercies and grace towards my application. In 2016, we were deceived by canada school agent over 1k dollars trying to apply for my wife. The agent did a poor job including documentations, however she was rejected. So when i decided to apply for myself I did it myself.

I have travel history for family vacation to Dubai and SA and short study in Canada. However, was rejected visa to UK and US. So when they asked if i have been denied visa before? I put UK and US and explained I was denied visa for family vacation.

I decided to apply for study permit paper route on 12 OCt, 2018. Got Medical request on 4December, biometric validation on 18th and approval Jan3, 19. Documents submitted;

- All CIC forms
-personal current accounts which i have been running very well. Infact i used it for all my transactions to build the account. 6 months SOA over 120 pages. Ending balance of 10.5m and 9m was reserved for all my study expenses which came in from my savings acct from the same bank to current acct. So it shows own account transfer. I moved the money 8 days to my application.
-4 bank references
-Letter of Introduction from my 2 companies. signed by my staff with our company seal stating I am my position
-letter of financial support from my organization for 2k dollars just for flights.( Company sponsorship is not always the best if you have alternatives- you can read more from nairaland about this)
-consent letter from wife that i have made provision for upkeep. She wrote it on her company letter head
-SOP 3 pages. ( I also had to do handwritten Letter of explanation because i couldn't go back to type it at the point of submission. I had to explain I already had a visiting visa for short study
-CV
-No tuition deposits
-Passport
-police report
-birth certificates
etc

I prepare my application from VO's perspective. I was honest and took my time to prepare documents. I did vigils with Nairaland and google in all my 3 visa applications to learn from past applications. I prayed and thank God alot.

My advice- be honest in all your application process, Be consistent with your information across embassies, relax and submit until you are sure you've your dot your I's and cross your T's and completely rely on GOD = Visa assured! Thanks to @Austacus! He really lifted my spirit at a point of long silence! Let somebody shout Hallelujah!!!!!!! You're the next to share your success story!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Josh1996: 6:33pm On Jan 04, 2019
Hallelujah and congratulations!!!!!

Adebayo2296:

- All CIC forms
-4 bank references
-CV
-No tuition deposits
-Passport
-police report
-birth certificates
etc

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AllTheWayUp: 6:56pm On Jan 04, 2019
Adebayo2296:

- All CIC forms
-4 bank references
-CV
-No tuition deposits
-Passport
-police report
-birth certificates
etc

Congratzzz bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by hardeholar1(m): 7:05pm On Jan 04, 2019
I am applying for cananda study permit also
Akpesman:
Is anyone applying for Canada study permit for September 2019 resumption date?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dubaiboy1: 7:07pm On Jan 04, 2019
Anyone studying Agriculture related course at Dalhousie Uni?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by OOAAD: 7:58pm On Jan 04, 2019
Hello house,

Do minors require to fill a separate study permit form and questionnaire along with the primary applicant?

if yes, please what information should the provided on the educational section when there is no school admission document for the minor?

Thank you all for a prompt and positive feedback.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by manjiggy(m): 8:15pm On Jan 04, 2019
A couple of months.
imoriafe:

Pls how long did it take them to give u admission
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 8:18pm On Jan 04, 2019
You need to get admission letter from a Canadian school first for a minor before you apply for a study visa for the minor. Which answers your first question; Yes, a minor needs a separate application for a study visa.

OOAAD:
Hello house,

Do minors require to fill a separate study permit form and questionnaire along with the primary applicant?

if yes, please what information should the provided on the educational section when there is no school admission document for the minor?

Thank you all for a prompt and positive feedback.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by manjiggy(m): 8:21pm On Jan 04, 2019
T
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Enasdan(m): 8:25pm On Jan 04, 2019
123abcclown:
123abcclwon reporting live from St. John's

A lot of us kinda outgrow the thread (I will too soon), but I just feel we all should create time to help one another scale what is in my opinion the most difficult hurdle of this process - the VISA hurdle.

I attended orientation today and the number of asians that are resuming school were way more than half (they move together in groups and speak their language at will). Anyways, bottom line is that we Nigerians can and should put conscious effort into helping one another to get TRVs.

A little bit about life in Canada may help some of us on the thread make smart decisions about pursuing this whole thing. Because some are actually better of elsewhere, as not everyone's success is tied to Canada.

I very importantly have to say a very big thank you to a member of this forum, cocosmite. I reached out to him before I left Nigeria and he has been of tremendous help to me. Brother actually cooked and brought home cooked meal for me at the airport! Allowed me stay in his apartment for three days, and helped me settle in! Some angels live among us people. They breathe air like you and I (some even like girls with big bum-bum grin ) but they are nothing short of angels. I am really grateful.

So I guess we all catch the message, let's help and continue to help one another, keep the cycle going and all.

I school at MUN, if you have questions about the school please feel free to ask here and I will answer to the best of my knowledge.
I have sent you a pm, kindly reply, thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by OOAAD: 8:40pm On Jan 04, 2019
Bracha:
You need to get admission letter from a Canadian school first for a minor before you apply for a study visa for the minor. Which answers your first question; Yes, a minor needs a separate application for a study visa.

(https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/minor-children.html)

States If you are coming to Canada with parents who have a valid study or work permit, you don’t need to provide a letter of acceptance from a school when you apply for a study permit.

What information will be supplied for the fees, school address to validate the study permit form

House mates who have applied for minors please assist with this important information

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kendrick213: 9:07pm On Jan 04, 2019
PstTobi:

Can the help from the financial angel called scholarship, the passion explanation will it be in the sponsor letter/LOE
certainly I'll need is statement of account, is it advisable for him to pay all my tuition from his account and hope it won't show desperation (I'll show the VO the receipt) and send my accommodation and other expenses money into my personal bank account.
he can send the amount that will cover for tuition and living expenses for the period of study into your account, you will need his SOA to show his cash flow to show he is really a legit sponsor not an arrangee sponsor, write a sponsorship letter to the vo explaining why he wants to sponsor you, you will write SOP to explain his relationship with you that should suffice but don't choke your application with unnecessary documents or details too much plenty talk leads to suspicion, shows desperation off course you will find a way to tackle your home ties.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Imnaknus: 10:36pm On Jan 04, 2019
Adebayo2296:

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Charlesgeb: 12:14am On Jan 05, 2019
AllTheWayUp:

Congratzzz bro

Congrats brother
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ManTiger(m): 12:23am On Jan 05, 2019
My cousin applied July 16, biometric done July 17, upfront me, no msg till now, she signed into her CIC and saw account/profile updated, clicks in and no message inside... Is this a good sign?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Osemigho: 1:06am On Jan 05, 2019
CGPA does not matter for masters admission. The GPA they care about is in your last two years of study. Do you have above 4.0 in your last two years of study? if yes, go for masters admission in mid to lower ranked schools.

You can get a student visa with Post Graduate Certificate but your story (previous education, experience, and proposed program) must be related and convincing.

You can get a Bachelor admission, at 200-400 level, with your Bachelor degree. However, you will need a compelling story for it as well.

If you are young and you have three years of experience (including NYSC), consider express entry to save yourself from the student visa headache.

Amahjosh:
Please i need your Inputs, help a brother

Hello gurus

I need your input. I just started my process to school in Canada, I am graduate of Computer Engineering and also Certified in CCNA Cisco Certified Network Associate but my Cgpa is abit low 3.24which from my findings i can't get into Masters directly. So i applied to one of the Colleges in Ontario George Brown College GBC for Post Graduate Certificate mid last month for fall of 2019. A friend of mine of mine who is doing is BSC in Canada is telling me that Canada rarely give visa permit to college applicants, that i should apply to do BSC again that i have a better chance of getting visa through a University Admit. I need advice on what to do because i going through that BSC route will be something else, what will i write in my SOP that i have been doing since 2008 since i left SEC sch and can't tell them i have BSC and want to do another BSC. My question is this are there any Universities that do PGD which is a pathway to direct Masters, Are there Universities which that will accept my my Cgpa for direct Masters in Computer Engineering or should i just run with the College PGD application and get admit and package a strong Visa Application.

I am still reading previous threads currently in Part 12 where Osemigho,Maziude,CanadianNurse,bluegirl080115 etc where sharing their stories but i need answers to these questions time is no man's friend.

Bcc: Osemigho,Maziude,CanadianNurse,bluegirl080115

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.