Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,996 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (342) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (863642 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Anamekele: 7:59am On Apr 04, 2019
Please is it advisable to do medical after submission of Visa application before you are called or you wait until you are requested to do medical. I did biometric on 18th March 2019, but am yet to be called for medical exams. So am thinking about going for medical before CIC request for medical. Someone Please help me.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by heggegg: 8:10am On Apr 04, 2019
Hello Everyone.
I have been admitted to UoT and have started my Visa application process although I do have some questions.

1. If your bio metrics was done along side your final submission, as at what point are you to expect your call for medicals, or what is the next step after the submission.

2. Is there any one or persons who is for UoT fall 2019 or is there a Nigerian group of prospective UOT 2019 student i could join? dont want to do things blindly.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by teepha: 8:37am On Apr 04, 2019
2roodi:

Yayyyy finally!!! Same here. Have you received your LOA from the school? If yes, you can go ahead and apply for your visa. Wish you success and hope to see you soon.
Yes i have
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by iblion: 8:39am On Apr 04, 2019
iblion:
Hi Guys, please i need help fast. i am interested in doing my masters degree in Chemistry or chemistry related courses in Canada. i havent done TOEFL but i have registered and the exam comes up in a week's time. do i need to do GRE too? what are my chances of admission or visa this year? what schools can you recommend? and lastly i had a CGPA of 3.08/5. is this a good CGPA? please kindly advise. thanks .

Please guys a i need a reply to this. thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by itsyourboya: 8:50am On Apr 04, 2019
University of Alberta!!! Still waiting ooooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Maxihyfr: 8:54am On Apr 04, 2019
I don't think u need toefl to get into Canadian universities

quote author=iblion post=77250460]

Please guys a i need a reply to this. thanks[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by D9065ele: 9:04am On Apr 04, 2019
042viber12:

Have u mailed or sent webforms to them ever since the update?

Severally
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AAO7(f): 9:24am On Apr 04, 2019
Hi
You would have to do your research and find out if the schools you want to attend require those exams; soem schools have specific requirements so that's dependent on your school options.
Same goes for you CGPA. It all comes down to you doing your research to find out what school would take you, what are the entry requirements and then you can decide on writing what exams.
As regards chances of admission, that depends on the school and how you're able to sell yourself using your statement of purpose.
Chances of visa, get your admission and prepare to make a tight application. No one can say chances of visa, we can just wish you favour.
Canadian schools and universities are very good, search for a DLI that offers the course you want.

iblion:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 10:04am On Apr 04, 2019
Order for you GCMS NOTES in it you will get the main reason and know how to tackle it when reapplying

Bodineros:
Hello house!

How can I tackle this refusal... any idea??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 10:09am On Apr 04, 2019
Search IRCC website
Click on immigration
Then "study",
from there you can find a school of interest
When you do, check the requirements for your course of choice
As for TOEFL it is dependent on the school
Mine needed TOEFL or IELTS

This is all the information you need

iblion:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bodineros: 10:13am On Apr 04, 2019
chibertha:
Order for you GCMS NOTES in it you will get the main reason and know how to tackle it when reapplying

Okay.. thanks bro..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 10:22am On Apr 04, 2019
Can you share your timeline?
Anamekele:
Please is it advisable to do medical after submission of Visa application before you are called or you wait until you are requested to do medical. I did biometric on 18th March 2019, but am yet to be called for medical exams. So am thinking about going for medical before CIC request for medical. Someone Please help me.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 10:42am On Apr 04, 2019
D9065ele:

Severally

I will suggest u search for a moniker by name Makano..or just start reading from the last 2pages...there was something u asked if anyone was interested...if u are, dm him and he will tell u Wat he has...Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 10:43am On Apr 04, 2019
[quote author=Omonoba1981 post=77247802][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 10:45am On Apr 04, 2019
Omonoba1981:
As you all know, my application is almost heading for a year now. I had my brother called IRCC office in Canada. The person he spoke with say nothing they can do as they cant see application handled outside of Canada and said only Government office that can contact immigration office outside of Canada.

So we gave a MP office a call who promise to check what is happening. This was yesterday, and he responded to my mail the next day. Below
is his response

Any update yet? Do you know any one who can suggest what next to do. My GCMS notes didn't make any sense either.

I will suggest u search for a moniker by name Makano..or just start reading from the last 2pages...there was something he asked if anyone was interested...if u are, dm him and he will tell u Wat he has...Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 04, 2019
People rushing into upfront medicals, even though it makes your application fast but if u are just applying...give your application a month at least b4 going for that...cos even with upfront..u can still be denied...

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 11:27am On Apr 04, 2019
True
but at the same time, there are other reasons why people might want to do that eg if the person lives very far from Lagos and Abuja so instead of coming today for biometrics and in a few days time go again for medicals they might want to do it upfront to safe cost.

042viber12:
People rushing into upfront medicals, even though it makes your application fast but if u are just applying...give your application a month at least b4 going for that...cos even with upfront..u can still be denied...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 12:28pm On Apr 04, 2019
Anamekele:
Please is it advisable to do medical after submission of application before you are requested to do so.
Please any one in the house with such experience.
Help me

sillysassysally:
I co-ask this question...

There is absolutely no harm, that's why its often referred to as an upfront medicals whether done prior to or after submission.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by peruz: 12:29pm On Apr 04, 2019
Please did you pay part of your tuition fee or non
nalizzzy:

congrats
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by peruz: 12:33pm On Apr 04, 2019
Please,I want to ask ,is it compulsory for an applicant to pay part of tuition before applying?
Frankrobbn1:

The visa officer will like you to satisfy them that you're gainfully employed in your home country and that the prospects of getting a job when you lose your current one is considerably high. This satisfies the visa officer that you won’t leave your job when you travel to Canada. On the contrary, if you're a fresh graduate, being unemployed as at the time of your application won't affect your application. You can get a letter from an establishment stating that you're presently volunteering (non-paid) at the firm.

The applicant has to look for a school in Canada that fits his area of specialization this will determine his cost of studies in Canada. Also, bear in mind that the sponsor will also set aside 10,000$CAD for the applicant's first year living expenses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 12:43pm On Apr 04, 2019
It depends on the school.. But you do not need to pay any fees to get ur Visa.. We ahve seen many peeps here getting their Visa without paying kobo for fees.. Peace
peruz:
Please,I want to ask ,is it compulsory for an applicant to pay part of tuition before applying?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sashaa(f): 12:46pm On Apr 04, 2019
2roodi:

Hi good morning, I just wanted to appreciate you for this, it really helped. My TRV has been approved!!!! The most alarming part is I didn’t write an SOP, so I panicked when people kept talking about theirs. God is Awesome.

Wow!!! Congratulations! What documents did you submit? What program are you going for? Just a little insight to help us prospective applicants. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 12:52pm On Apr 04, 2019
2roodi:

Hi! From personal experience, I advise you either do an upfront medical and submit together with your application at once or wait until you’re requested to do so, in order to avoid delay in your application.

To the bolded, whether or not the upfront medical is done prior to or after submission, it doesn't attract any delay except only on certain circumstances for the IRCC approved medical centers to send the result over or for the the applicant's profile to be updated(physically) by the VO/whomever is in charge.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ic3tipz(m): 12:55pm On Apr 04, 2019
Please I want to inquire if the police character certificate is very important during the cause of applying, because I heard its valid for 3 months.
meaning one would have to renew before fall resumption.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ic3tipz(m): 1:02pm On Apr 04, 2019
Please I want to inquire if its mandatory to put in your police character certificate during the cause of your application, I heard it's valid for 3 months and you would have to renew before fall admission. But it's mostly required during POE.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by crusader6(m): 1:07pm On Apr 04, 2019
Please when filling the family form do I need to include my cousins or nephew?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Amahjosh(m): 1:14pm On Apr 04, 2019
Please guys i need advice and suggestion on how to solve this puzzle i have i have in my hands

Amahjosh:
Hello fam

Please the gurus in the house should throw more light on this.

I want to ask a question,

I am self sponsored own a tech business which has been running for some time now, the inflow and outflow in my company's account and my personal account is good but the balance after paying my 1st semester tuition fee is not encouraging. I applied for a 1 year PGD in GB College

My estimated cost of studies is 23,940 CAD for 1 year PGD program. I have paid 8476 CAD as 1st semester fees and the balance tuition fee is 15464 CAD plus living expenses 10,000 CAD which makes it 25464 CAD approximately 7M naira

How much am I to get in my account I currently have roughly 6.5M in both my personal and my business account

As the owner of the business and sole signatory to the business account I am transferring most funds to my personal account for my studies. Is it advisable to apply for my study permit with an SOA that has 6.5M

Please I need your advice, am abit confused my program is starting by September 3rd 2019.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 1:16pm On Apr 04, 2019
ic3tipz:
Please I want to inquire if the police character certificate is very important during the cause of applying, because I heard its valid for 3 months.
meaning one would have to renew before fall resumption.

It may be optional but if accessible to your reach, include it.

ic3tipz:
Please I want to inquire if its mandatory to put in your police character certificate during the cause of your application, I heard it's valid for 3 months and you would have to renew before fall admission. But it's mostly required during POE.

You is right, valid for 3months and its not required at the POE.

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (546)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.