Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,331 members, 7,811,968 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (344) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (863592 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by 95seun(m): 11:25pm On Apr 04, 2019
Gunit87:
I didn't include the UCI on my previous rejection on my new application and now I was given a new UCI, can this affect my application? should I mail them on this? has anyone experienced this before.... Kindly advise please..

Your UCI is your unique client identification number, it is an identifier so it shouldn’t affect your application, however it might result in the biometric information from your previous application not being recognized / applied to the new application.

If you’ve linked your application online, you would be able to see your current application, as well as all your previous applications but importantly you would be able to see if the biometric information you submitted has been applied to the new application.

I see you brought the issue of redoing Biometric up in a previous post, there’s a tool on the CIC website that you can use to verify the validity of your biometric information.

From experience, the VAC in Lagos can be wishy washy. I remember I was billed for the biometric fees when I reapplied through them, even though I didn’t do biometrics and my biometric information was still valid. I did the first biometric test 13 July 2018, paid again October 16, 2018.

Hope this helps

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 11:25pm On Apr 04, 2019
Please try to get it to 8 or 10m before you apply. Without funding, that amount is low.

Amahjosh:
Please guys i need advice and suggestion on how to solve this puzzle i have i have in my hands

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 11:29pm On Apr 04, 2019
How did your friend pay school fees without receiving admission letter? How then did he know the amount to pay?

micromax:
Hi,
I need someone to shed more light here plz, am naive here, a friend of mine got admission into Dominican university Ontario Canada, and he has paid the school fees but he hasn't received any admission letter since February.
I hope he's still on the track?....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by 95seun(m): 11:31pm On Apr 04, 2019
heggegg:
Hello Everyone.
I have been admitted to UoT and have started my Visa application process although I do have some questions.

1. If your bio metrics was done along side your final submission, as at what point are you to expect your call for medicals, or what is the next step after the submission.

2. Is there any one or persons who is for UoT fall 2019 or is there a Nigerian group of prospective UOT 2019 student i could join? dont want to do things blindly.

Thanks.

Most major Canadian universities have a Nigerian Student Association (NSA).

The U of T also has one, if you contact them by email they would be happy to help with all your U of T specific questions.

This should actually be a pro tip, you should always find out if your school has a NSA, when I moved to Edmonton it was a member of my schools NSA that picked me up from the airport and helped me to settle in the city, going to school and being classmates with them was an added benefit.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 11:32pm On Apr 04, 2019
@Gunit87
I don't think it'd have any negative effect(s). I did this too; I didn't know what a UCI was, so in all 3 applications I didn't write any.

makano:
You should have written ur UCI if u have applied before.. You only leave it blank if u are applying for the first time.. I hope ur action wont have any negative effect on ur application..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by heggegg: 11:48pm On Apr 04, 2019
Hi.
Thanks for your response... smiley
guess i am in the waiting stage.
Bracha:
Hello,

After submission of application and biometrics, your application will then undergo certain reviews. When these reviews and checks are found satisfactory, and the visa officers deems it appropriate that you undergo a medical exam, then you do. Till then, you'll have to wait.

I don't know anything about UoT, hopefully someone else helps with that.

Good luck.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Gunit87: 12:24am On Apr 05, 2019
its very helpful, with this I don't need to panic that this will have any negative effect on my application. Thanks a lot.

95seun:

Your UCI is your unique client identification number, it is an identifier so it shouldn’t affect your application, however it might result in the biometric information from your previous application not being recognized / applied to the new application.

If you’ve linked your application online, you would be able to see your current application, as well as all your previous applications but importantly you would be able to see if the biometric information you submitted has been applied to the new application.

I see you brought the issue of redoing Biometric up in a previous post, there’s a tool on the CIC website that you can use to verify the validity of your biometric information.

From experience, the VAC in Lagos can be wishy washy. I remember I was billed for the biometric fees when I reapplied through them, even though I didn’t do biometrics and my biometric information was still valid. I did the first biometric test 13 July 2018, paid again October 16, 2018.

Hope this helps
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Gunit87: 12:25am On Apr 05, 2019
I don't think so too

Bracha:
@Gunit87
I don't think it'd have any negative effect(s). I did this too; I didn't know what a UCI was, so in all 3 applications I didn't write any.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by alftdbts: 2:21am On Apr 05, 2019
042viber12:

Woow...try mailing Gcmsnow.... today will be the day 30 since I applied for the gcms note though I used atipdotcom/cic...hoping to get it today...

I have twice and I got forwarded CIC response to their own enquiry. Saying they working on it still and it would be available ASAP. That message came since the 13th of March.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 7:47am On Apr 05, 2019
then how did he know he was admitted to start paying school fees since no admission letter.

micromax:
Hi,
I need someone to shed more light here plz, am naive here, a friend of mine got admission into Dominican university Ontario Canada, and he has paid the school fees but he hasn't received any admission letter since February.
I hope he's still on the track?....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 7:55am On Apr 05, 2019
Don't fear I believe it wont affect your application
because I have done that before without knowing what the number was
as I had been given one when i was issued a visitors visa
so when I did the last study visa that was refused I didn't write it, in fact, I got to know what it was 1 week to my submitting this current application.
Gunit87:
ohh I really pray so.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Johnsonkelvin: 8:01am On Apr 05, 2019
Johnsonkelvin:
Gcms Just landed,Any ideas??
Thanks
any help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by iblion: 8:12am On Apr 05, 2019
thsnks guuys for the reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 8:12am On Apr 05, 2019
this linking of application thing self "which one de really work?, If na Nijia now we for de shout".
I have tried using the all for application details;-

Application number and Family name -----------------nothing

Application number and Unique Client Identifier-----------------nothing

Family name, given name and Date of Birth-----------------------Nothing

Unique Client Identifier and Family name -----------------nothing

Abi them never even touch the application

Na waaaah oh for these people.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by iblion: 8:14am On Apr 05, 2019
please how do we convert our NIgerian CGPA to canadian CGPA, most schools ask for 3.o or 2.5 CGPA. urgent help guys. thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 8:41am On Apr 05, 2019
it depends on the scale they are using in canada
for example if they say 75% of 5 points CGPA it is 3.75
just do the maths

( L /100) x y= Z

where L is the % of CGPA you are looking at
Y is the Scale you are using 4, 5 as the case may be depending on the number of years for the degree

eg

(75/100) x 5 =3.75

so whatever figure you are looking to get just plug it into the equation above to get your answer

This what I think other people can throw more light.

Otherwise, certificate evaluating bodies would have to come in.

iblion:
please how do we convert our NIgerian CGPA to canadian CGPA, most schools ask for 3.o or 2.5 CGPA. urgent help guys. thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Anamekele: 8:42am On Apr 05, 2019
Please I need contact from the guy going to Concordia university
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 8:54am On Apr 05, 2019
TRV processing time update 05/04/2019

We now have a sample of 30 hopefuls!

I would encourage those that have applied this year to share their timeline (with details such as; Application Route, whether you're a new or re-applicant, School Resumption Date, Application Date, Biometrics Request Date, Biometrics Done Date, Medical Request, Medicals Done, Medicals Passed, PPR or the Current Status of your application). If you don't have all this information, you can just share the ones that you have and update the rest as you receive it. This information would help us study or attempt to establish a pattern to how CIC operates. (Please note that the calculated estimates are just averages based on the little sample we have. Your processing time may be faster or slower than the average)

For those that have already submitted their timeline, kindly share if you are a new applicant or a re-applicant. Also, please share when you are expected to resume school. This would help us understand if there is a relationship between processing time and resumption date. (Cc Dedecoder, Godatwork23, Oni2019, Yacha77, Dmerciful, docsaj, Klem28, Trishaben, Omarzx, ify85, Samolala2019, umulobi, Tlontin)

Finally, If there is anything you think i should add to the data or calculate from the data or if there is a better way you think I can present the data, I am always open to suggestions.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 9:45am On Apr 05, 2019
Hello,

You could post it here and people will help in its interpretation.

Johnsonkelvin:
any help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by micromax(m): 9:46am On Apr 05, 2019
Plz any Dominican university college applicant here?, I need someone to shed more light on something for me plz
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by emmy4Gold: 9:47am On Apr 05, 2019
Good morning good people of great minds, please my people, I want to enquire if Memorial University of Newfoundland has started issuing admission out to graduate applicants for Fall 2019. kindly share if you have any information . Thank you....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 9:49am On Apr 05, 2019
Hello,

From my knowledge, most schools want to make sure you have at least 75% in your last two years of study (last 60 credit hours of study), it is a prerequisite for a consideration for a master's admission.
This 75% is 75% of 5.0 CGPA. So calculate the GPA of the last 2 years over 5.0.
Also, you could use an online calculator for this.

Good luck.

iblion:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Dabiridamilare(m): 9:57am On Apr 05, 2019
Guys, who here applied for fall admission to university of Saskatchewan and is still yet to receive any mail from them.....
I applied since Jan and nothing has been said yet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kemsure30: 10:04am On Apr 05, 2019
APPROVAL ALERT WITHIN 5WEEKS����

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 10:14am On Apr 05, 2019
Bracha were all ur applications online? If ur 2 previous applications were paper route, u dont need to put any UCI on ur online application..
Bracha:
@Gunit87

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Mofpearl: 10:15am On Apr 05, 2019
emmy4Gold:
Good morning good people of great minds, please my people, I want to enquire if Memorial University of Newfoundland has started issuing admission out to graduate applicants for Fall 2019. kindly share if you have any information . Thank you....
Got my rejection letter after I called.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tlontin(m): 10:16am On Apr 05, 2019
sillysassysally:
TRV processing time update 05/04/2019

We now

For those that have already submitted their timeline, kindly share Tlontin)

Finally, If there is anything you think i should add to the data or calculate from the data or if there is a better way you think I can present the data, I am always open to suggestions.
biometrics request on 3rd April
Done on the 4th of April
New applicant
Fall sept
Centennial college
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ILoveDLord(m): 10:16am On Apr 05, 2019
O my God!

GUYS APPROVAL ALERT! This morning!!

I'm overwhelmed! I am coming back!!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Pwettybii: 10:22am On Apr 05, 2019
hi
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by micromax(m): 10:31am On Apr 05, 2019
Dominican university college applicant here plz?
I need update on the admission processes, plz I applied June last year and have been offer admission even paid tuition fee but have gotten anything since then.pls someone should help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by micromax(m): 10:32am On Apr 05, 2019
I need update on the admission processes, plz I applied June last year and have been offer admission even paid tuition fee but have gotten anything since then.pls someone should help [color=#006600][/color]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by micromax(m): 10:33am On Apr 05, 2019
I need update on the admission processes, plz I applied June last year and have been offer admission even paid tuition fee but I haven't gotten anything since then.pls someone should help

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (546)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.