Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,349 members, 7,812,000 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (343) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (863651 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 1:22pm On Apr 04, 2019
crusader6:
Please when filling the family form do I need to include my cousins or nephew?

not necessary but most importantly your nuclear family
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AAO7(f): 1:39pm On Apr 04, 2019
Exactly
I'm of the opinion that if you do it after submission, before it is requested it doesn't do any damage. Once requested just upload your slip.

JustMellow:

There is absolutely no harm, that's why its often referred to as an upfront medicals whether done prior to or after submission.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 1:51pm On Apr 04, 2019
Amahjosh:
Hello fam

Please the gurus in the house should throw more light on this.

I want to ask a question,

I am self sponsored own a tech business which has been running for some time now, the inflow and outflow in my company's account and my personal account is good but the balance after paying my 1st semester tuition fee is not encouraging. I applied for a 1 year PGD in GB College

My estimated cost of studies is 23,940 CAD for 1 year PGD program. I have paid 8476 CAD as 1st semester fees and the balance tuition fee is 15464 CAD plus living expenses 10,000 CAD which makes it 25464 CAD approximately 7M naira

How much am I to get in my account I currently have roughly 6.5M in both my personal and my business account

As the owner of the business and sole signatory to the business account I am transferring most funds to my personal account for my studies. Is it advisable to apply for my study permit with an SOA that has 6.5M

Please I need your advice, am abit confused my program is starting by September 3rd 2019.

Many applicants so much believe in luck which is very necessary especially for visa application but the right order must be in place for luck to be in process.

Being a self sponsor and having a reliable source of funds plus a closing balance of 6.5m with a well packaged application could slide prayerfully on luck and faith. Then, the BUT is your tuition is quite expensive in additional to your LE which already outweighed the closing balance.

Given that you've paid your 1st semester tuition fee already and a budget of your 1st year LE which is a good move but still another financial scrutinizing might pop up as to the financial strength/capacity of your source of funds to be able to cater for the 2nd semester without any expense of affecting your source of funds.

In practical thinking, the total sum of your 1yr program outside other miscellaneous expenses i.e. flight, books, college dues etc has outweighed the sum of your closing balance which simply states in the official language of the VOs as insufficient funds.

My advise

Get a cosponsor with a sufficient account balance and good source of funds, and with your 6.5m closing balance, your application won't only slide on luck but fly over luck.

BTW you can apply with either of the account holding the sufficient funds as long it bears your legal details.

Good luck!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 1:56pm On Apr 04, 2019
AAO7:
Exactly
I'm of the opinion that if you do it after submission, before it is requested it doesn't do any damage. Once requested just upload your slip.

..the e-slip can be sent without request sef. Though 'my' preference is of medical upon request.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by 2roodi(f): 2:03pm On Apr 04, 2019
JustMellow:

To the bolded, whether or not the upfront medical is done prior to or after submission, it doesn't attract any delay except only on certain circumstances for the IRCC approved medical centers to send the result over or for the the applicant's profile to be updated(physically) by the VO/whomever is in charge.

Hi! We’re basically saying the same thing, that’s the delay I’m talking about.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by 2roodi(f): 2:19pm On Apr 04, 2019
sashaa:

Wow!!! Congratulations! What documents did you submit? What program are you going for? Just a little insight to help us prospective applicants. Thank you.

Thank you so much
I’m going for a PGD in HRM (co-op)
*CIC Forms
*Birth Certificates of every member of my family
*Sponsors (parents) SOA and documents of landed properties
*Police Clearance
*CV
*Letter of employment (my parents are my employers as well)
*Study Leave application
*Study Leave approval letter
*Pay Slips
*Certificates
*Letter of acceptance
*Tuition fee receipt
*Data page of Int’l passport

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bertram87: 3:04pm On Apr 04, 2019
chibertha:

i paid the following;-

mandatory
NGN
visa fee 41250.00
mandatory courier 1270.00
vfs fees 20320.00

optional
sms 680.00
courier to return my passport to me 10120.00

Okay thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Higherground1: 3:30pm On Apr 04, 2019
Have you gotten response in regard to your CAQ?

sillysassysally:
Can you share your timeline?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by teepha: 4:34pm On Apr 04, 2019
2roodi:

Thank you so much
I’m going for a PGD in HRM (co-op)
*CIC Forms
*Birth Certificates of every member of my family
*Sponsors (parents) SOA and documents of landed properties
*Police Clearance
*CV
*Letter of employment (my parents are my employers as well)
*Study Leave application
*Study Leave approval letter
*Pay Slips
*Certificates
*Letter of acceptance
*Tuition fee receipt
*Data page of Int’l passport
Hi dear. Please reply your mail. We are prospective coursemate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by 2roodi(f): 5:05pm On Apr 04, 2019
teepha:

Hi dear. Please reply your mail. We are prospective coursemate

Hey, I just checked, there’s no email from you. Try resending it please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Gunit87: 5:54pm On Apr 04, 2019
Good evening,

Thanks a lot, but I have paid already so I think I have to go for the biometrics once the letter is sent.

Damlovey:
Good morning. Before paying the 85 dolls, I think it’s best you check the validity of your biometric on cic website. I didn’t pay additional money for my application because I’d applied in 2016. It shows valid
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Gunit87: 5:58pm On Apr 04, 2019
Please did you write the same UCI number on all applications?? because in my last application I left it blank, I didn't write the one on the initial refusal.

makano:
Yes its normal.. My previous refused application was like this too(dt was in 2017) and i had to do another biometrics when i applied July last year.. So its normal, go do ur biometrics and this will be the last for the next 10 years. Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Amahjosh(m): 6:14pm On Apr 04, 2019
Thank You very much JustMellow, I will get a CoSponsor

JustMellow:

Many applicants so much believe in luck which is very necessary especially for visa application but the right order must be in place for luck to be in process.

Being a self sponsor and having a reliable source of funds plus a closing balance of 6.5m with a well packaged application could slide prayerfully on luck and faith. Then, the BUT is your tuition is quite expensive in additional to your LE which already outweighed the closing balance.

Given that you've paid your 1st semester tuition fee already and a budget of your 1st year LE which is a good move but still another financial scrutinizing might pop up as to the financial strength/capacity of your source of funds to be able to cater for the 2nd semester without any expense of affecting your source of funds.

In practical thinking, the total sum of your 1yr program outside other miscellaneous expenses i.e. flight, books, college dues etc has outweighed the sum of your closing balance which simply states in the official language of the VOs as insufficient funds.

My advise

Get a cosponsor with a sufficient account balance and good source of funds, and with your 6.5m closing balance, your application won't only slide on luck but fly over luck.

BTW you can apply with either of the account holding the sufficient funds as long it bears your legal details.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by micromax(m): 6:17pm On Apr 04, 2019
Hi,
I need someone to shed more light here plz, am naive here, a friend of mine got admission into Dominican university Ontario Canada, and he has paid the school fees but he hasn't received any admission letter since February.
I hope he's still on the track?....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 7:01pm On Apr 04, 2019
Hey,

I got it last week Friday.

Higherground1:
Have you gotten response in regard to your CAQ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by MsJu: 8:21pm On Apr 04, 2019
Letter of admission comes before payment of tuition fee. You are offered admission, you accept and proceed to tuition payment. Your friend should contact the school to be sure he actually paid to the write ppl.
micromax:
Hi,
I need someone to shed more light here plz, am naive here, a friend of mine got admission into Dominican university Ontario Canada, and he has paid the school fees but he hasn't received any admission letter since February.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 8:50pm On Apr 04, 2019
micromax:
Hi,

The school should have a payment platform for tuition fees...like flywire...it goes direct into the school account....confirm if he paid using such means...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 9:12pm On Apr 04, 2019
I need to know, people that applied for their Gcms notes using Atipdotcom/cic.. how long did you have to wait to get the notes...today is day 30 since I applied for it and am yet to get it....

Secondly anybody with their email to enquire wats the holdup for..?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by IbikunleBukky(m): 9:14pm On Apr 04, 2019
shocked the school too like money ooo. no student number, its better he starts buzzing them seriously
micromax:
Hi,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 9:57pm On Apr 04, 2019
I beg to differ.. for schools like Thompson rivers university , letter of admission(LOA) comes after you pay part of your tuition(commitment fee)..
Iquote author=MsJu post=77268919]Letter of admission comes before payment of tuition fee. You are offered admission, you accept and proceed to tuition payment. Your friend should contact the school to be sure he actually paid to the write ppl. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 10:11pm On Apr 04, 2019
You should have written ur UCI if u have applied before.. You only leave it blank if u are applying for the first time.. I hope ur action wont have any negative effect on ur application..
Gunit87:
Please did you write the same UCI number on all applications?? because in my last application I left it blank, I didn't write the one on the initial refusal.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Gunit87: 10:23pm On Apr 04, 2019
ohh I really pray so.

makano:
You should have written ur UCI if u have applied before.. You only leave it blank if u are applying for the first time.. I hope ur action wont have any negative effect on ur application..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 10:41pm On Apr 04, 2019
No. Classes begin in September

makano:
Bracha are you in Canada already, cos i know you have gotten ur Visa in a while now..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Gunit87: 11:00pm On Apr 04, 2019
I didn't include the UCI on my previous rejection on my new application and now I was given a new UCI, can this affect my application? should I mail them on this? has anyone experienced this before.... Kindly advise please..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by 95seun(m): 11:04pm On Apr 04, 2019
042viber12:
I need to know, people that applied for their Gcms notes using Atipdotcom/cic.. how long did you have to wait to get the notes...today is day 30 since I applied for it and am yet to get it....

Secondly anybody with their email to enquire wats the holdup for..?

You said Atip.com/CIC ? Is that an actual site ?

Well I applied directly from the actual site and paid the $5 fee and I’ve had an instance where I got the report on the 31st day and another instance where I got it on the 45th day.

The email for a status request is ATIP-AIPRP@cic.gc.ca

You should add the request tracking number and the payment receipt number in the email you send.

If you email them be aware that they won’t give you any information regarding the request unless you’re the person who made the original request.

In my case they replied to the status request from the enquirer who wasn’t the person who made the request informing that they can only provide confidential information to approved representatives or the original requester and they didn’t reply to the status request made by the person who actually made the request (original requester). They only replied the original requester with the actual GCMS note PDF on the 45th day.

I added that so you know that even if the original requester send a status request email they might not respond directly to it.

Hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 04, 2019
95seun:

You said Atip.com/CIC ? Is that an actual site ?

Well I applied directly from the actual site and paid the $5 fee and I’ve had an instance where I got the report on the 31st day and another instance where I got it on the 45th day.

The email for a status request is ATIP-AIPRP@cic.gc.ca

You should add the request tracking number and the payment receipt number in the email you send.

If you email them be aware that they won’t give you any information regarding the request unless you’re the person who made the original request.

In my case they replied to the status request from the enquirer who wasn’t the person who made the request informing that they can only provide confidential information to approved representatives or the original requester and they didn’t reply to the status request made by the person who actually made the request (original requester). They only replied the original requester with the actual GCMS note PDF on the 45th day.

I added that so you know that even if the original requester send a status request email they might not respond directly to it.

Hope this helps.

I know...for the email..i wasn't so sure wen I was typing so I just wrote atipdotcom...thanks...I will send a mail and hopefully get a positive reply...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 11:12pm On Apr 04, 2019
Hello,
In most schools in Canada, you don't need either Toefl or GRE to apply for admission. So I advise you do your research using Google, get a school you want to apply to. Follow their application procedure and apply. Then come back here, read up on visa applications, then apply.
Hope this helps.

iblion:
Hi Guys, please i need help fast. i am interested in doing my masters degree in Chemistry or chemistry related courses in Canada. i havent done TOEFL but i have registered and the exam comes up in a week's time. do i need to do GRE too? what are my chances of admission or visa this year? what schools can you recommend? and lastly i had a CGPA of 3.08/5. is this a good CGPA? please kindly advise. thanks .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 11:16pm On Apr 04, 2019
Hello,

After submission of application and biometrics, your application will then undergo certain reviews. When these reviews and checks are found satisfactory, and the visa officers deems it appropriate that you undergo a medical exam, then you do. Till then, you'll have to wait.

I don't know anything about UoT, hopefully someone else helps with that.

Good luck.

heggegg:
Hello Everyone.
I have been admitted to UoT and have started my Visa application process although I do have some questions.

1. If your bio metrics was done along side your final submission, as at what point are you to expect your call for medicals, or what is the next step after the submission.

2. Is there any one or persons who is for UoT fall 2019 or is there a Nigerian group of prospective UOT 2019 student i could join? dont want to do things blindly.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 11:24pm On Apr 04, 2019
NO

crusader6:
Please when filling the family form do I need to include my cousins or nephew?

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (546)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.