Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (388) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (864581 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by adel3951: 5:09am On Apr 18, 2019
Emmyirab:
Hello gurus, my study permit doesn't say I may work on and off campus, the only condition stated on it is the date I am supposed to leave Canada.
Please, what do I do? Can this be fixed?

cc: Naijaforeigner

go to service canada to request for your SIN you should be good. dont panic. are you here already?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Emmyirab(m): 5:21am On Apr 18, 2019
adel3951:

go to service canada to request for your SIN you should be good. dont panic. are you here already?
Yes, I am in Saskatchewan already.
So all I need is to get a SIN and I will be good?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 5:53am On Apr 18, 2019
Emmyirab:
Hello gurus, my study permit doesn't say I may work on and off campus, the only condition stated on it is the date I am supposed to leave Canada.
Please, what do I do? Can this be fixed?

cc: Naijaforeigner

Was anything written in the remarks or observation section at the very end of your study permit? Check very carefully again.

To amend your study permit, you will need to fill a form on CIC website called "request to amend record of landing, confirmation of permanent residence or valid temporary resident permit" and then attach documents below;

1) Original study permit
2) Two photo IDs (photocopy of passport and driver license). In my own case, I did not have a drivers license so I used Ontario ID card - I had to apply for this card (paid for it). It took almost 5 weeks to get this card.
3) Letter of admission
4) Official transcript
5) Student account statement - (I do not think this is necessary except you have paid your fees. Please confirm with your school's international department)

The documents listed above was what the international office of my school (Fanshawe college) asked me to submit with the IMM form (Please confirm with your school for guidance before submitting yours). Once you have all the documents, you will then send those documents via mail (the address is on the IMM form).
How long does it take to get the study permit amended? 1 month.

P.s For all those who recently got their Visa's, when you get to immigration and you collect your study permit, don't be in a rush, stay in front of the immigration officer and read through your study permit carefully line by line and make sure you see it is clearly written you are allowed to work ON/OFF campus (I have shared my experience here before). If there is anything you are not sure of in the study permit, ask him/her for explanations right there.

Also, please check for date of expiration on your study permit (make sure this date is at least days/months past your program end date).

Once you leave the border, Amending your study permit is not guaranteed because CIC may choose not to amend it and you may be in Canada not working for a long time. You don't even want to experience this.

The way I was drinking Garri (winter period), eating beans and indomie on a steady for London ON, I no wish am for anybody. By the time you have spent money buying mattress, pillow, duvet, cloths, some house stuff and then pay rent (for first and last month), your account would have been screaming. Staying without work for months is not something you want to experience in a land where you don't know anyone except you are rich.

All the best.

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mulikky: 5:54am On Apr 18, 2019
Henkubert:
AFTER 11 MONTHS.....Passport request drop
MEDICAL REQUEST WAS IN AUGUST 2018
PASSPORT REQUEST DROP APRIL 17 2019

I SAY BIG THANKS TO Austacus for your assistance.
Big thanks to you all.

Congrats I salute your courage and kudos to @austacus

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 5:58am On Apr 18, 2019
adel3951:

He needs those conditions on his study permit.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/work-off-campus.html

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 6:00am On Apr 18, 2019
Henkubert:

Big thanks to you all.

Big Congrats.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AAO7(f): 6:35am On Apr 18, 2019
Morning!

I'll like to ask a question in regards to processing times which is now 10 WEEKS for Applications made from Nigeria.

Which processing time applies to me? The one at the time I applied or the current one?
I'll appreciate your response.

Thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Emmyirab(m): 6:40am On Apr 18, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

Was anything written in the remarks or observation section at the very end of your study permit? Check very carefully again.

To amend your study permit, you will need to fill a form on CIC website called "request to amend record of landing, confirmation of permanent residence or valid temporary resident permit" and then attach documents below;

1) Original study permit
2) Two photo IDs (photocopy of passport and driver license). In my own case, I did not have a drivers license so I used Ontario ID card - I had to apply for this card (paid for it). It took almost 5 weeks to get this card.
3) Letter of admission
4) Official transcript
5) Student account statement - (I do not think this is necessary except you have paid your fees. Please confirm with your school's international department)

The documents listed above was what the international office of my school (Fanshawe college) asked me to submit with the IMM form (Please confirm with your school for guidance before submitting yours). Once you have all the documents, you will then send those documents via mail (the address is on the IMM form).
How long does it take to get the study permit amended? 1 month.

P.s For all those who recently got their Visa's, when you get to immigration and you collect your study permit, don't be in a rush, stay in front of the immigration officer and read through your study permit carefully line by line and make sure you see it is clearly written you are allowed to work ON/OFF campus (I have shared my experience here before). If there is anything you are not sure of in the study permit, ask him/her for explanations right there.

Also, please check for date of expiration on your study permit (make sure this date is at least days/months past your program end date).

Once you leave the border, Amending your study permit is not guaranteed because CIC may choose not to amend it and you may be in Canada not working for a long time. You don't even want to experience this.

The way I was drinking Garri (winter period), eating beans and indomie on a steady for London ON, I no wish am for anybody. By the time you have spent money buying mattress, pillow, duvet, cloths, some house stuff and then pay rent (for first and last month), your account would have been screaming. Staying without work for months is not something you want to experience in a land where you don't know anyone except you are rich.

All the best.
Hello Naijaforeigner, thanks for replying.
The remarks and observations only said: MDO30223.
For the photo IDs, can I use my passport and my student ID from my school here in Saskatchewan?

For the transcript, I haven't taken any courses yet. Can I use my WAEC?

I will contact my school ASAP.

Thank you very much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Freeworld321: 7:09am On Apr 18, 2019
Please pals, Anyone willing to offer a brother help, I am heading to Fanshawe next week by Gods grace and I need accommodation for minimum four days and max a week. Pls any one willing to help can chat me up on 0816948827.2, or u could dm me. God bless.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Naijaforeigner: 7:11am On Apr 18, 2019
Emmyirab:

Hello Naijaforeigner, thanks for replying.
The remarks and observations only said: MDO30223.
For the photo IDs, can I use my passport and my student ID from my school here in Saskatchewan?

For the transcript, I haven't taken any courses yet. Can I use my WAEC?

I will contact my school ASAP.

Thank you very much.

For the transcript, confirm from international department of your school if it is very important. I think the transcript is just to show you have enrolled in your program. You can't use WAEC. When I printed off my transcript, there was no grade, it only listed the courses I would be doing. You can apply for transcript anytime even just a day after classes.

I don't think you can use school ID (my school's international department said I could not, please confirm with your school) You may have to apply for the ID of your province if you don't have Driver's license. All you need is a photocopy.

P.S All documents you need to submit are listed at the back of the IMM form.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ralfudoh(m): 7:14am On Apr 18, 2019
Congrats bro. It was worth the wait.
Henkubert:

Big thanks to you all.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Emmyirab(m): 8:20am On Apr 18, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

For the transcript, confirm from international department of your school if it is very important. I think the transcript is just to show you have enrolled in your program. You can't use WAEC. When I printed off my transcript, there was no grade, it only listed the courses I would be doing. You can apply for transcript anytime even just a day after classes.

I don't think you can use school ID (my school's international department said I could not, please confirm with your school) You may have to apply for the ID of your province if you don't have Driver's license. All you need is a photocopy.

P.S All documents you need to submit are listed at the back of the IMM form.
Thank you very much.
I will start working on it ASAP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by OB411(m): 8:33am On Apr 18, 2019
Oluwaseunbd:
U can show them a clear photocopy of your intl passport.. it is accepted,that's if u have been requested to do medicals.if it's an upfront,pls call them to clarify this

Thanks for this.

Noted!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Valprincx(f): 8:52am On Apr 18, 2019
Pls gurus in the house good morning, I need your help Asap. If one gets a biometric correspondence letter, can I till update my profile online?? Want to send my SOA via web form.
Please kindly reply asap.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by cychristaa: 9:04am On Apr 18, 2019
Emmyirab:
Hello e-family.
Writing from Regina, Saskatchewan.

MY EXPERIENCE SO FAR

Its great here, very nice people. People are nice to you for no reason.
Sane drivers too, atleast, I never fight any driver for change since when I come here.
In the school environment, once a pedestrian steps on the road to cross, all vehicles must stop. I did it the first time, body sweet me. The people here don't even look at the road anymore. Some will just be chatting and crossing. Me, as a Nigerian, I still have trust issues, so even though I know they will stop , I still look right, left, right, left, right again, up, down and back, before crossing (YOLO).

For those still coming in the spring/summer semester, one of the mistakes you shouldn't make (which I made) is believing that; "It is the spring/summer semester, it won't be cold anymore".

Success to all hopefuls.

Thanks alot for this!

The bolded made me literally laugh out loud. I can just imagine

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 10:02am On Apr 18, 2019
That means the duration of the course is 1 year but you can finish in 2 years except for any reason which subject to approval by the school eg medical and childbirth.
Mijac:

Really appreciate. Yes it's MUN. What about exact duration as d admission letter states btw 1 and 2yrs. MASc oil n gas engineering.Pls will send PM now. Kindly reply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 10:05am On Apr 18, 2019
Add a photocopy of your student copy which I believe you have.

emmaxman:
House Pls, I requested for my transcript so that I can add it to my documents to present for SP. Now, the Sch said they either send it to my Canadian Sch or the visa office.
Pls, how best do I get to input it into my docs.
I want to get it by hand and add it to docs I need to present.
Another thing, is it advisable to take medical upfront?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 10:12am On Apr 18, 2019
Congratulations!

Henkubert:

Big thanks to you all.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by SOPWriter: 10:14am On Apr 18, 2019
Henkubert:

Big thanks to you all.

Congratulations!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 10:20am On Apr 18, 2019
If you currently work, go to your school, tell them you want the transcript for your place of work. They'll send it there after you've paid the required amount.
You may need a letter to back this up, as in a letter from your place of work asking that your submit a copy of your transcript for verification or something.

emmaxman:
House Pls, I requested for my transcript so that I can add it to my documents to present for SP. Now, the Sch said they either send it to my Canadian Sch or the visa office.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by nalizzzy: 10:21am On Apr 18, 2019
pls what the different between student and workers questionnaire and study permit questionnaire. should we fill both. thankx
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 10:23am On Apr 18, 2019
The processing time at the time you submitted is what applies to you.

AAO7:
Morning!

I'll like to ask a question in regards to processing times which is now 10 WEEKS for Applications made from Nigeria.

Which processing time applies to me? The one at the time I applied or the current one?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 10:25am On Apr 18, 2019
Yes you can send the SOA. A biometric correspondence letter is just to let you know the validity of the biometric data you submitted.

Valprincx:
Pls gurus in the house good morning, I need your help Asap. If one gets a biometric correspondence letter, can I till update my profile online?? Want to send my SOA via web form.
Please kindly reply asap.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AAO7(f): 10:29am On Apr 18, 2019
Thank you

Bracha:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by gogedda: 10:45am On Apr 18, 2019
Good morning house, Pls quick question, can I get a Masters admission in Canada by combining my Bsc in Geology (CGPA of 3.09, second class, lower) and Msc in Petroleum Geology. I intend to study Msc. in Geotechnical Engineering.

Pls has anyone gotten an admission by combining both?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by hilaryxoxo(f): 10:45am On Apr 18, 2019
if I may ask, how do you know this?

Bracha:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kylexy61(m): 10:47am On Apr 18, 2019
AAO7:
Morning!

Thank you

The current one
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Valprincx(f): 11:02am On Apr 18, 2019
Thanks so much

Bracha:
Yes you can send the SOA. A biometric correspondence letter is just to let you know the validity of the biometric data you submitted.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 11:03am On Apr 18, 2019
When I applied the second time, I remember sending an email a few weeks after submitting the application, I received a response that was something like the application hadn't passed the processing time for when I applied. That was in 2017 tho. That application was all of 9 weeks and I was denied in the end.
Things may have changed now, but I answered from that experience.

hilaryxoxo:
if I may ask, how do you know this?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Schonebaby: 11:08am On Apr 18, 2019
Valprincx:
Thanks so much

Hi quickly send it cos I heard for paper route, biometrics correspondence comes shortly before final status update

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by 2roodi(f): 11:26am On Apr 18, 2019
emmaxman:
Thanks

Schools usually don’t give out official copies to students. But you can get the students’ copy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chrislong(m): 11:31am On Apr 18, 2019
Hello everyone on the thread. Ive been following the thread since and would like to share my situation and solicit help too.

I was admitted for a diploma program last year and I duly applied for visa but I was denied and the only reason was that the VO was not convinced that I will return. I submitted all documents and statement of purpose in an online application. I do not have any travel experience and my sponsor as at that time was my uncle. However I uploaded documents showing that I have a land in Nigeria. My passport at the the time of my application was almost expiring too.

I have been given another admission and I want to reapply, I have renewed my passport and I plan to use myself as the sponsor this time. I need any form of advice that I can get and a few answers to my questions.

1. Is it safer to go with paper based application or online? Which one has the higher chances of approval?
2. What is the minimum balance that I should have apart from school fees since I am sponsoring myself and is there a minimum inflow and outflow required?
3. What are the documents that you think should be essentially added to increase my chance.

Thank you very much. I hope this works out so I can resume in September.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.