Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,706 members, 7,813,337 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (389) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (864196 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by favoured247(m): 11:58am On Apr 18, 2019
Please a quick one. I got a mail for biometrics. I intend doing it on Tuesday in lag as early as possible that day so I can go back to work far from lag. Do I need to book an appointment so I can be attended to on Tuesday morning? Or I am supposed to just walk in there without an appointment? And also is this something I can complete before 9am in the morning that Tuesday?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Questionner: 11:58am On Apr 18, 2019
Henkubert:
AFTER 11 MONTHS.....Passport request drop
MEDICAL REQUEST WAS IN AUGUST 2018
PASSPORT REQUEST DROP APRIL 17 2019

I SAY BIG THANKS TO Austacus for your assistance.
Big thanks to you all.

Congrats Boss...God is good!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by hilaryxoxo(f): 12:27pm On Apr 18, 2019
Please let me understand...
Did they specifically mention that "the application hasn't passed the processing time for when you applied" ?
Its important to explain the context. Did you send the CSE after 5 weeks (when current processing time was 10 weeks and when processing time as at when you applied was 14 weeks?)

I have reasons I'm asking this...
I want to believe processing times are retrospective because CIC even says that "processing time tells you how long it took them to process most complete applications, in the past"... SO THEREFORE, any processing time you see on their website is a reflection of the average time it took them to process applications IN THE PAST! NOT the time it would take to process new applications in the future... Based on this, I think the processing time should be applied realtime.

Bracha:
When I applied the second time, I remember sending an email a few weeks after submitting the application, I received a response that was something like the application hadn't passed the processing time for when I applied. That was in 2017 tho. That application was all of 9 weeks and I was denied in the end.
Things may have changed now, but I answered from that experience.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ILoveDLord(m): 12:40pm On Apr 18, 2019
It's not compulsory to book an appointment, but it might be helpful.

In my case I didn't book, I went there very early morning before the office was even opened. I was the first person.

They normally resume work by 8am. It doesn't take time to do biometrics, not up to 15 minutes in my case.

Hope that helps.

favoured247:
Please a quick one. I got a mail for biometrics. I intend doing it on Tuesday in lag as early as possible that day so I can go back to work far from lag. Do I need to book an appointment so I can be attended to on Tuesday morning? Or I am supposed to just walk in there without an appointment? And also is this something I can complete before 9am in the morning that Tuesday?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 1:00pm On Apr 18, 2019
emmaxman:
House Pls, I requested for my transcript so that I can add it to my documents to present for SP. Now, the Sch said they either send it to my Canadian Sch or the visa office.
Pls, how best do I get to input it into my docs.
I want to get it by hand and add it to docs I need to present.
Another thing, is it advisable to take medical upfront?
Thanks

Request for the hardcopy and yes, there's no harm doing a medical upfront
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ILoveDLord(m): 1:16pm On Apr 18, 2019
I think I mentioned that in my testimony post.

It think it was about 3 times.

First email was for them to update my upfront medicals to reflect that I had done it. I attached the evidence again.

Second email, I asked them to confirm validity. Pleaded for speedy processing.

Third email, sent my police cert, explained why I couldn't attach when submitting my application. Then pleaded again for speedy processing of my application acknowledging the fact the I understand they are very busy.

I tried to be as polite as I could in my emails

sillysassysally:
Hiya,

Please do you mind sharing the number of times you sent messages to IRCC regarding your application? I'm asking because I also have a very short time available; my school resumes in June and I was only able to submit my application this April so there's little to no time left...

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 1:16pm On Apr 18, 2019
I remember you did your biometrics in Abuja right?
I'll advise the applicant to book an appointment just to be safe and especially if s(he) would be doing it in Lagos. Crazy something there. I completed my biometrics in about 1hr 15 mins... Got there by 8:05 and was no 25 for the biometrics...

By the way, booking an appointment is a seamless process and can be completed in less than 5 mins online...

ILoveDLord:
It's not compulsory to book an appointment, but it might be helpful.

In my case I didn't book, I went there very early morning before the office was even opened. I was the first person.

They normally resume work by 8am. It doesn't take time to do biometrics, not up to 15 minutes in my case.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 1:29pm On Apr 18, 2019
Thanks for this!
By "confirm validity" do you mean for biometrics?

Also, how many CSE's did you submit? three also?

ILoveDLord:

First email was for them to update my upfront medicals to reflect that I had done it. I attached the evidence again.

Third email, sent my police cert, explained why I couldn't attach when submitting my application. Then pleaded again for speedy processing of my application acknowledging the fact the I understand they are very busy.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 1:39pm On Apr 18, 2019
Valprincx:
Pls gurus in the house good morning, I need your help Asap. If one gets a biometric correspondence letter, can I till update my profile online?? Want to send my SOA via web form.
Please kindly reply asap.

yes, you can

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Anamekele: 1:41pm On Apr 18, 2019
ILoveDLord:

Please what is the email address to use when contacting IRCC.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chrislong(m): 2:01pm On Apr 18, 2019
Gurus in the house. Please help me.

chrislong:
Hello everyone on the thread. Ive been following the thread since and would like to share my situation and solicit help too.

I was admitted for a diploma program last year and I duly applied for visa but I was denied and the only reason was that the VO was not convinced that I will return. I submitted all documents and statement of purpose in an online application. I do not have any travel experience and my sponsor as at that time was my uncle. However I uploaded documents showing that I have a land in Nigeria. My passport at the the time of my application was almost expiring too.

I have been given another admission and I want to reapply, I have renewed my passport and I plan to use myself as the sponsor this time. I need any form of advice that I can get and a few answers to my questions.

1. Is it safer to go with paper based application or online? Which one has the higher chances of approval?
2. What is the minimum balance that I should have apart from school fees since I am sponsoring myself and is there a minimum inflow and outflow required?
3. What are the documents that you think should be essentially added to increase my chance.

Thank you very much. I hope this works out so I can resume in September.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AAO7(f): 2:09pm On Apr 18, 2019
Hi Hilary,

This is what I was thinking too.

At the time I applied it's safe to say there was a lot of backlog cos I applied in February, however it's obvious that has drastically reduced as processing times have dropped drastically as well.

I find it absurd that CIC will use processing time as at Application date; because like you have rightly stated it's retrospective.

I'm however not saying they don't. I wouldn't be asking if I knew and i appreciate everyone responding to my question.

....I'll like further clarification from anyone who is certain though.

hilaryxoxo:
Did they specifically mention that "the application hasn't passed the processing time for when you applied" ?
Its important to explain the context. Did you send the CSE after 5 weeks (when current processing time was 10 weeks and when processing time as at when you applied was 14 weeks?)

I want to believe processing times are retrospective because CIC even says that "processing time tells you how long it took them to process most complete applications, in the past"... SO THEREFORE, any processing time you see on their website is a reflection of the average time it took them to process applications IN THE PAST! NOT the time it would take to process new applications in the future... Based on this, I think the processing time should be applied realtime.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AAO7(f): 2:10pm On Apr 18, 2019
Thank you for responding.
Please how sure are you if this? I'm a tad bit confused as I keep getting different responses. I look forward to reading from you soon.

kylexy61:

The current one
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by pabb: 2:30pm On Apr 18, 2019
Hi gurus,

Please i need your help on this.

i have a friend who has been to canada twice and currently in US. He wants to put up and online application in US, knowing that the only thing that ought to bring him home is biometrics but he is of the opinion that since did one in 2017, that it should serve.

your opinion guys
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 2:35pm On Apr 18, 2019
If that’s the case then you have a chance. However applying from Nigeria will increase those chances.

kenraj:

She is in Nigeria with my 2 kids. I am the the only one in Russia.

Thanks for your prompt response, GOD bless!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 2:37pm On Apr 18, 2019
He’d still have to do his biometrics. His biometrics is valid for 10 years if it was done on or after June 2018.

pabb:
Hi gurus,

i have a friend who has been to canada twice and currently in US. He wants to put up and online application in US, knowing that the only thing that ought to bring him home is biometrics but he is of the opinion that since did one in 2017, that it should serve.

your opinion guys

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 2:41pm On Apr 18, 2019
To avoid any form of disappointment just take out the whole day for it.

Booking an appointment isn’t compulsory, i’d advice you to get one regardless so you don’t get harassed at the gate. You can get an appointment slip easily from Vfs’ website.

favoured247:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by deebee23: 3:10pm On Apr 18, 2019
[quote author=pabb post=77650462]Hi gurus,

your opinion guys

He doesn't need to give his biometrics again since he has done it before. It's valid for 10 years.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 3:10pm On Apr 18, 2019
I just read about someone with issues on his study permit, this will unfortunately take a while to correct.

Please when you land, tuck all that excitement in and make sure everything is right with your study permit.
You can work for 20 hours per week when school is in session and 40 hours when it’s not. If you don’t see this on your permit, call the attention of the officer, do not be afraid. You can even decide to inform the officer before he issues yours.

I’ll share part of my experience at the immigration counter and hope it helps someone.

First counter:-
Me: Good morning Ma
Officer(female): Hi, good morning. You smell nice ( grin for real though). Is that coco butter.
Me: No, that’s perfume oil. Thank you btw.
Officer(f):- okay, it’s good.
Me:- Hello, please could my permit let me work on and off the campus?
Officer(f): I don’t handle that, when you get to the next officer ask. They’d attend to you the best they can.

Second Counter:
Me: Good morning
Officer(m): Hi, I see you’re from Nigeria.
Me: Yes
Officer(m): Can I have your offer letter and passport?
Me: sure, (hands him my documents)*
Officer(m): How long is your program?
Me: 18 months
Officer(m): That’s Good
** He was about to print my permit
Me: Hi, could I please make a request?
Officer(m): Sure, what’s on your mind?
Me: Could my permit let me work on and off the campus?
Officer: Give me a moment to check what is applicable.
** He didn’t even know.
After a few minutes.
Officer: Yeah, you can.
Prints my permit and it allows me work on and off campus.

Please speak up and ask. Also the fact I was just asked to show my offer letter and passport, doesn’t mean it’d be the same for you. Take all the documents you’ve been asked to take to the point of entry.
Like naijaforeigner said, staying here without work is difficult.

Get a winter jacket or two. It is extremely cold here, extremely cold. My first day out, tears dropped from my eyes. True story.

Stay safe guys and good luck.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by deebee23: 3:11pm On Apr 18, 2019
Awuuga:
He’d still have to do his biometrics. His biometrics is valid for 10 years if it was done on or after June 2018.

He doesn't need too. It's still valid
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 4:32pm On Apr 18, 2019
He should check validity of his biometric here

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

Me I even printed the page that says mine was still valid to 2023 or so and added to my application.

pabb:
Hi gurus,

your opinion guys
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 5:10pm On Apr 18, 2019
I don't remember the exact words, that was why I wrote “something like”. I don't remember when I sent the email, I don't remember much about that application but I do remember that response because it left the impression that I was to wait till the processing time elapsed. And I worked with that impression during my third application.

Like I stated before, that was MY experience and things may have changed. At the time of submission of my final application, processing time was at 9 weeks, mine too 20 weeks.

No one is applying for anyone, this race is an individual one, anyone can arrive at whatever conclusion they deem fit and run with it. All that matters is success.

hilaryxoxo:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mulikky: 6:47pm On Apr 18, 2019
Approval/passport request alert. Thank God and wish other hopefuls best of luck
I owe @qudkom a lot of gratitude for his prompt support and attention. It seems you are a
VO in our midst.
Reapplied _22nd Feb 2019 (online)
Resumption _ May 2019
Biometric _N/A
Medical upfront _ updated 23 March 2019 (I was not notified but I just just saw it in my CIC a/c)
Approval _18th April 2019(after sending mail and filling web form to request for an update because the resumption is in 3 weeks and I uploaded the schedule of the courses I had registered for)
Prayers work in many ways. Keep knocking brethren, the door will soon open

22 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Oladimejii(m): 6:57pm On Apr 18, 2019
Congrats! I'm next!

mulikky:
I owe @qudkom a lot of gratitude for his prompt support and attention. It seems you are a
VO in our midst.
Resumption _ May 2019
Biometric _N/A
Medical upfront _ updated 23 March 2019 (I was not notified but I just just saw it in my CIC a/c)
Approval _18th April 2019(after sending mail and filling web form to request for an update because the resumption is in 3 weeks and I uploaded the schedule of the courses I had registered for)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Anamekele: 7:15pm On Apr 18, 2019
mulikky:
VO in our midst.
Resumption _ May 2019
Biometric _N/A
A big congregations to you.
Please I need help my resumption date is on may 6th 2019. But yet to get medical request.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mulikky: 7:16pm On Apr 18, 2019
Oladimejii:
Congrats! I'm next!

Sure by God's grace

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by deebee23: 7:21pm On Apr 18, 2019
mulikky:
VO in our midst.
Resumption _ May 2019
Biometric _N/A

Congrats on your approval!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by OB411(m): 7:37pm On Apr 18, 2019
mulikky:
VO in our midst.
Resumption _ May 2019
Biometric _N/A

Always excited to see this type of update.

Congratulations !!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 8:03pm On Apr 18, 2019
Congrats bro, I am next in line
mulikky:
VO in our midst.
Resumption _ May 2019
Biometric _N/A
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 8:08pm On Apr 18, 2019
mulikky:
VO in our midst.
Resumption _ May 2019
Biometric _N/A

Wonderful.. Big congratulations!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 8:08pm On Apr 18, 2019
mulikky:
VO in our midst.
Resumption _ May 2019
Biometric _N/A

Congratulations brother.
Thank God it ended well.
Tomorrow is a statutory holiday for CIC... there’s no holiday on Monday for CIC
CHECK THE LINK https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/public-holidays.html

Please endeavor to submit your passport on Monday morning cause it’s being treated as first come first serve basis (10-15 days or less)
You have atleast 2 weeks to enroute to Canada.
Congratulations to you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) ... (546)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.