Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,518 members, 7,826,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (870198 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ezriela: 9:53pm On Oct 21, 2018
Amen and thank you for your input
Naijaforeigner:
Just to remind all TRV hopefuls on here, a particular moniker called wheyme applied for student visa and got delayed at first.

He reapplied almost immediately and got his passport request within 4 days (he submitted 13th August and got passport request on 17th August). That is the fastest approval on here I have ever seen. You can check part 14, page 392 to look up his story.

Just Incase you are down or scared, remember everyone’s story is unique. Keep on trusting God and believing. He will see everyone of you through in Jesus name (amen).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Henhy(f): 11:51pm On Oct 21, 2018
Hello gurus in the house, I applied a student visa and went for my biometrics, after 2 working days I got a response that my visa was declined based on the following reasons:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.... I plan on reapplying but I donno how to go about it.. please help with your advice. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Mudicua: 11:58pm On Oct 21, 2018
MeinKampf:
It's heartbreaking to imagine that an application made since July 8th is yet to be attended to. CIC sucks big time . No matter what anybody will say in their defence. If processing time was 9 weeks when I applied, it's height of crass negligence of duty. The nonsense usual response of 80% of blah blah is ridiculous. I am sure if this was to be a Nigerian visa application, we will all be crucifying Nigeria that the staff are inefficient. Double standard is when you make excuse for CIC's inefficiency but so quick to condemn Nigeria

This is so true... and I feel your pain too. It is really disheartening. My question now is even if someone is granted a Visa... what good will it be now?
If admission is deferred, how will the V.O know?
It is well.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 12:10am On Oct 22, 2018
Henhy:
Hello gurus in the house, I applied a student visa and went for my biometrics, after 2 working days I got a response that my visa was declined based on the following reasons:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.... I plan on reapplying but I donno how to go about it.. please help with your advice. Thank you

The problems are many...What documents did you submit...Wat cos did u study for your 1st degree, is it In line with the cos u are travelling to Canada for..on your CV, Wat and Wat did u say u are doing...?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by RAY12345(m): 2:51am On Oct 22, 2018
technix:
APPROVAL ALERT!
Application Submitted: August 24, Paper Route
Program: PhD, McGill
Medical Request: September 28
Medical Done: October 2
Medical Passed: October 9
Approval: October 17

I submitted LOE to explain why I chose the program and Canada, the source of funding, family ties, and my willingness to come back to Nigeria.

N.B: (1) I intentionally did not submit police report since I have read of approvals without it, and I believe CIC will request for it if they need it
(2) I only submitted the funding letter from my supervisor which covers tuition and living expense. I did not submit any personal account details

Comgrats
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dyout: 2:54am On Oct 22, 2018
ohhhh....i am using mac book also... i think i need to downgrade my Adobe just as you mentioned. Thanks

Lenta:
Try a lesser version of Adobe. The same thing happened to me after filling out my forms. I did some research and I found out the Adobe version (Mac book latest) I had was not compatible so I downgraded to a lower version.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by jnyuwa02: 2:58am On Oct 22, 2018
Mudicua:

This is so true... and I feel your pain too. It is really disheartening. My question now is even if someone is granted a Visa... what good will it be now?
If admission is deferred, how will the V.O know?
It is well.

They will request for a new LOA should they want to approve you. But you are right it is the height of dereliction of duty. The university won't hold your admission in perpetuity waiting for CIC approval. Some schools don't allow deferral or allow only one. Some people are going to loose their admission and even scholarship simply because CIC sat on or neglected to act on their application in time. My advice for people is not to put their lives on the hold. Find a passion and continue to immerse yourself in and if CIC works out, Hallelujah!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by jnyuwa02: 3:22am On Oct 22, 2018
BRANDYAK:
Good evening house, please someone should show mercy to my post. I have this friend of mine, he has a first degree in political science with a second class, graduated 2014, he decided to go for another degree in the same discipline and came out with a first class, he is 35 and graduated 2018, he wants to go for a masters in canada.
NB he applied for a study permit in 2015 with his first degree for a second degree since he had low grades and could not go for a masters and was refused, he decided now to complete another degree here and now want to go for a masters.
- As regards to funding, is it posible to apply have fundin at 35?
-When applying will he need to apply with both degrees to both cic and school?
-is there any problem to apply for visa at this age especially as a fresh graduate who is not working but has cash in his bank account as he has been involve in business while in school?
-When applying will it be neccessary to use his bank statement eventhough a fresh graduate?

Please i will appretiate all gurus to give me their points of view, especially @Austinpee, Frank, Jeremy
Regards

Yes it is very possible to apply for funding at any age. Canadian schools truly do not see age as a barrier to learning. An overwhelming number of school in Canada stand for the proposition that it is never too late to study. Usually the only people that make such a fuss on age are the VOs. They have a tendency of questioning why people are going for school at such age, thinking they won't be genuine students. I think it's how they were trained as visa officers on how to spot out the genuine from the fake study permit applicants. Whether they are right or wrong in using age, is another subject.

That said, I do not think your friend will encounter any issues anymore because he returned to school and redeemed himself by scoring a first class. He is the ideal candidate to bag admission and funding from Canadian schools. And since he has returned to school and graduated recently, it means he has no long study gap, the key factor that goes in tandem with age, why VOs usually doubt the legitimacy of whether one will be a genuine applicant.

In a nutshell, your friend is good to go. He has redeemed himself by earning a first class, therefore making himself highly attractive in the applicant pool for admission and funding. He has also no long study gaps (time since last enrolled in school) that makes VOs doubt the the genuiness of one's study. Issa goal for your friend with good planning ahead.

Ps: perfectly okay to have money in account if he pursued work and school at the same time or recently or in the past after graduation. Although pursuing work after graduation is better to have. He can use his bank statement and explain how he earned the money.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bertram87: 4:28am On Oct 22, 2018
whyx06:

Yes five �

@whyx06 please what do you mean by ‘yes five’

How’s your application going? Have you applied? Which course are you looking and how many years is it?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by adhel90: 5:36am On Oct 22, 2018
Hello house please advice,

I am a B Sc holder in industrial chemistry and chartered accountant. I applied for study permit in Canada after securing admission and I've gotten caq for the course business intelligence in a college in montreal..I was denied and the reason stated was
Dunno wat to do to avoid being rejected again...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Famzyactivity: 6:03am On Oct 22, 2018
adhel90:
Hello house please advice,

I am a B Sc holder in industrial chemistry and chartered accountant. I applied for study permit in Canada after securing admission and I've gotten caq for the course business intelligence in a college in montreal..I was denied and the reason stated was
Dunno wat to do to avoid being rejected again...

sorry for your refusal. When did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sleekysoft(m): 7:10am On Oct 22, 2018
Hello you don’t have too, some forms are having issues ... you can go to cic website and see the right one to download.. go to the log in page you will see list of forms that had issues and rectified especially for those e who downloaded it this month

dyout:
ohhhh....i am using mac book also... i think i need to downgrade my Adobe just as you mentioned. Thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by thompson1510(m): 7:23am On Oct 22, 2018
Kriff:
It expires after a month.
Thanks boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kriff: 7:47am On Oct 22, 2018
You're welcome boss.
thompson1510:

Thanks boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by thompson1510(m): 8:01am On Oct 22, 2018
Morning guys, trying to apply this morning but I saw bad gateway...anybody having thesame issue?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Josh1996: 8:33am On Oct 22, 2018
Please where is VFS Lagos office located
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 22, 2018
Josh1996:
Please where is VFS Lagos office located

Ikate...Lekki

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Henhy(f): 9:52am On Oct 22, 2018
042viber12:

The problems are many...What documents did you submit...Wat cos did u study for your 1st degree, is it In line with the cos u are travelling to Canada for..on your CV, Wat and Wat did u say u are doing...?

I submitted: 1. Letter from sponsor 2. Bank statement( Company's account) 3. The company's details 4. My own statement of account and letter stating that i will help will help myself with little expenses 5. My employment details 6. Letter of admission from the school 7. Receipt of part payment made.
I studied physics and i applied for another Bachelor of science (no course specified yet)
It states on my CV that i worked in Ghana before my current employment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Henhy(f): 9:53am On Oct 22, 2018
I submitted: 1. Letter from sponsor 2. Bank statement( Company's account) 3. The company's details 4. My own statement of account and letter stating that i will help will help myself with little expenses 5. My employment details 6. Letter of admission from the school 7. Receipt of part payment made.
I studied physics and i applied for another Bachelor of science (no course specified yet)
It states on my CV that i worked in Ghana before my current employment.
042viber12:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by henricson(m): 10:25am On Oct 22, 2018
thompson1510:
Morning guys, trying to apply this morning but I saw bad gateway...anybody having thesame issue?

My brother you're not the only person, I have been getting this since last night, can't download my correspondence letter. Now this morning it's saying session has expired. I have logged out so many times.
CIC has so much issues! Thought scheduled maintenance was tomorrow... What's this one now? Anyway, I have decided to leave the site for now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Senatorkolade: 10:36am On Oct 22, 2018
042viber12:
I pray this new week, let's get favourable and approval news on our applications especially the June/july applicants...Amen!!

Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by goingforward: 10:57am On Oct 22, 2018
Hello Nairalanders,

I want to encourage you with Esther 6 vs 1-3. ''On that night the king could not sleep. And he gave orders to bring the book of memorable deeds, the chronicles, and they were read before the king.''.

I decree that a book of remembrance is opened upon our Canada visa applications this morning.

For each and every person who's timeline has elapsed and it seems that we have been forgotten, that the visa officers responsible for our applications will lose sleep until they have attended to and until our applications are favored, and our approvals are granted in the mighty name of Jesus.

vs 3, ''And the king said, “What honor or distinction has been bestowed on Mordecai for this?” The king’s young men who attended him said, “Nothing has been done for him.”

I decree that our applications right from this moment begin to receive priority and that the entire host of heaven begins to fast track it in the mighty name of Jesus.

Just as the King lost sleep until Mordecai was rewarded, as we have prayed, fasted, waited on God, I hereby decree by the power invested in me as a daughter of the most high God, that all the visa officers and staff responsible for all applications that have exceeded processing times begin to lose sleep until we are favored in the mighty name of Jesus. They will all not rest until they have done the will of God concerning our applications in Jesus name.

..... and the house shouts a thunderous AMEN!!!.

Have a miracle-filled week in Jesus name. Amen.

goingforward.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sleekysoft(m): 11:15am On Oct 22, 2018
Amen , we are favored this week in Jesus name

goingforward:
Hello Nairalanders,

I want to encourage you with Esther 6 vs 1-3. ''On that night the king could not sleep. And he gave orders to bring the book of memorable deeds, the chronicles, and they were read before the king.''.

I decree that a book of remembrance is opened upon our Canada visa applications this morning.

For each and every person who's timeline has elapsed and it seems that we have been forgotten, that the visa officers responsible for our applications will lose sleep until they have attended to and until our applications are favored, and our approvals are granted in the mighty name of Jesus.

vs 3, ''And the king said, “What honor or distinction has been bestowed on Mordecai for this?” The king’s young men who attended him said, “Nothing has been done for him.”

I decree that our applications right from this moment begin to receive priority and that the entire host of heaven begins to fast track it in the mighty name of Jesus.

Just as the King lost sleep until Mordecai was rewarded, as we have prayed, fasted, waited on God, I hereby decree by the power invested in me as a daughter of the most high God, that all the visa officers and staff responsible for all applications that have exceeded processing times begin to lose sleep until we are favored in the mighty name of Jesus. They will all not rest until they have done the will of God concerning our applications in Jesus name.

goingforward.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bdaalman(m): 11:18am On Oct 22, 2018
goingforward:
Hello Nairalanders,

goingforward.

AMEN!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ezriela: 11:28am On Oct 22, 2018
Amen,grace will shine on us this week by FIRE
goingforward:
Hello Nairalanders,

goingforward.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Aneeta133(f): 12:27pm On Oct 22, 2018
goingforward:
Hello Nairalanders,

goingforward.

AMENNNNNNNN
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by CATESTIMONYMIDE(m): 12:57pm On Oct 22, 2018
Amen

goingforward:
Hello Nairalanders,

goingforward.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Yoshy: 1:06pm On Oct 22, 2018
Please who has information on how to go about signing The Visa application form for online?

Help a brother abeg!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 1:22pm On Oct 22, 2018
goingforward:
Hello Nairalanders,

goingforward.

Amen

A
M
E
N
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by galala123(m): 1:36pm On Oct 22, 2018
goingforward:
Hello Nairalanders,

goingforward.
A M E N
M
E
N
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by litterbug(f): 1:37pm On Oct 22, 2018
Amen and Amen...

goingforward:
Hello Nairalanders,

goingforward.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by jnyuwa02: 1:39pm On Oct 22, 2018
Yoshy:
Please who has information on how to go about signing The Visa application form for online?

Help a brother abeg!!

If you are filing online, your signature is NOT needed. Just validate the form and upload you are ready to roll.

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (546)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.