Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (865217 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Yoshy: 1:50pm On Oct 22, 2018
jnyuwa02:

If you are filing online, your signature is NOT needed. Just validate the form and upload you are ready to roll.

Thank you, I just realized that. Thanks a lot.

A friend from India just got his, he didn't pass through all these stress of getting various documents like we are.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 22, 2018
Henhy:
Hello gurus in the house, I applied a student visa and went for my biometrics, after 2 working days I got a response that my visa was declined based on the following reasons:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.... I plan on reapplying but I donno how to go about it.. please help with your advice. Thank you

Pls guys I need you to help out this bro here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Senatorkolade: 2:03pm On Oct 22, 2018
042viber12:

Share your profile first
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 2:59pm On Oct 22, 2018
Henhy:

I submitted: 1. Letter from sponsor 2. Bank statement( Company's account) 3. The company's details 4. My own statement of account and letter stating that i will help will help myself with little expenses 5. My employment details 6. Letter of admission from the school 7. Receipt of part payment made.
I studied physics and i applied for another Bachelor of science (no course specified yet)
It states on my CV that i worked in Ghana before my current employment.

042viber12:

As for me, I think the problem here is the course of study.
The moniker course of study wasn’t specific just “science”

He/she should contact the school and choose a course of study. some VOs won’t understand the condition Given to you from your school.
(according to your school, Until you get to Canada then you will choose a course from the sciences)

There is no reasonableness of your studentship.

And remember, you're from Nigeria,(our case is different from others) VOs are looking for any slight loophole in our application! (God pass them finally) so please be more specific with your course of study.

My 2 kobo, contact your school and choose a course of study. The vo that handled your application is not satisfied that you're a genuine student. (SIMPLE)
Come on bro, you are a Nigerian. It's not about your school, it is about the VO handling your application, if it's working for another country it may not work for us. Though, some folks might have gotten their TRV in Nigeria without a specific course of study. The chances are slim.
talk to your school and choose a course of study. (some VOs will be like... ”you should know what you're coming for”).

Tackle this one (course of study), then you tackle another one by asking yourself why are you going for another bachelor degree?
Some VOs would see it as ”No career progression” (a good sop or loe would do for this one)

Another thing here is your sponsor cause you didn't tell us who's sponsoring you (sponsorship is very very important too). Who is your sponsor?

I stand to be corrected
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 3:16pm On Oct 22, 2018
jnyuwa02:

If you are filing online, your signature is NOT needed. Just validate the form and upload you are ready to roll.

Amen am submitting
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Shizzleadedapo(m): 3:18pm On Oct 22, 2018
AMEN
goingforward:
Hello Nairalanders,

I want to encourage you with Esther 6 vs 1-3. ''On that night the king could not sleep. And he gave orders to bring the book of memorable deeds, the chronicles, and they were read before the king.''.

I decree that a book of remembrance is opened upon our Canada visa applications this morning.

For each and every person who's timeline has elapsed and it seems that we have been forgotten, that the visa officers responsible for our applications will lose sleep until they have attended to and until our applications are favored, and our approvals are granted in the mighty name of Jesus.

vs 3, ''And the king said, “What honor or distinction has been bestowed on Mordecai for this?” The king’s young men who attended him said, “Nothing has been done for him.”

I decree that our applications right from this moment begin to receive priority and that the entire host of heaven begins to fast track it in the mighty name of Jesus.

Just as the King lost sleep until Mordecai was rewarded, as we have prayed, fasted, waited on God, I hereby decree by the power invested in me as a daughter of the most high God, that all the visa officers and staff responsible for all applications that have exceeded processing times begin to lose sleep until we are favored in the mighty name of Jesus. They will all not rest until they have done the will of God concerning our applications in Jesus name.

..... and the house shouts a thunderous AMEN!!!.

Have a miracle-filled week in Jesus name. Amen.

goingforward.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by AyoBrightBoy: 3:18pm On Oct 22, 2018
Austacus:

He/she should contact the school and choose a course of study. some VOs won’t understand the condition Given to you from your school.
(according to your school, Until you get to Canada then you will choose a course from the sciences)

And remember, you're from Nigeria,(our case is different from others) VOs are looking for any slight loophole in our application! (God pass them finally) so please be more specific with your course of study.

My 2 kobo, contact your school and choose a course of study. The vo that handled your application is not satisfied that you're a genuine student. (SIMPLE)
Come on bro, you are a Nigerian. It's not about your school, it is about the VO handling your application, if it's working for another country it may not work for us. Though, some folks might have gotten their TRV in Nigeria without a specific course of study. The chances are slim.
talk to your school and choose a course of study.

Tackle this one (course of study), then you tackle another one by asking yourself why are you going for another bachelor degree?
Some VOs would see it as ”No career progression” (a good sop or loe would do for this one)

I stand to be corrected

Which corrected are you standing after you aff explain everything patapata grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ormohlawlah: 3:34pm On Oct 22, 2018
Austacus:

talk to your school and choose a course of study.

I stand to be corrected
When I applied to university of Manitoba (undergrad) I wanted to fill 'political science' as my course but I was only allowed to choose 'bachelor of arts (general)...does this mean that the VO might say I'm not a genuine student?..some schools do not allow you choose specific courses
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 3:39pm On Oct 22, 2018
Ormohlawlah:

When I applied to university of Manitoba (undergrad) I wanted to fill 'political science' as my course but I was only allowed to choose 'bachelor of arts (general)...does this mean that the VO might say I'm not a genuine student?..some schools do not allow you choose specific courses

As I said earlier, all VOs ain't the same, some have a different view of seeing it especially when the application is coming from Nigeria

Bachelor of act (general) sound like a course.
Something like ”combined art”
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by emmy4Gold: 3:56pm On Oct 22, 2018
goingforward:
Hello Nairalanders,

I want to encourage you with Esther 6 vs 1-3. ''On that night the king could not sleep. And he gave orders to bring the book of memorable deeds, the chronicles, and they were read before the king.''.

I decree that a book of remembrance is opened upon our Canada visa applications this morning.

For each and every person who's timeline has elapsed and it seems that we have been forgotten, that the visa officers responsible for our applications will lose sleep until they have attended to and until our applications are favored, and our approvals are granted in the mighty name of Jesus.

vs 3, ''And the king said, “What honor or distinction has been bestowed on Mordecai for this?” The king’s young men who attended him said, “Nothing has been done for him.”

I decree that our applications right from this moment begin to receive priority and that the entire host of heaven begins to fast track it in the mighty name of Jesus.

Just as the King lost sleep until Mordecai was rewarded, as we have prayed, fasted, waited on God, I hereby decree by the power invested in me as a daughter of the most high God, that all the visa officers and staff responsible for all applications that have exceeded processing times begin to lose sleep until we are favored in the mighty name of Jesus. They will all not rest until they have done the will of God concerning our applications in Jesus name.

goingforward.
Amen IJN
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Hephzibah2018: 4:05pm On Oct 22, 2018
goingforward:
Hello Nairalanders,

goingforward.

Amen!!!! and Amen!!!! God bless you and yours.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Rodeoz(m): 4:19pm On Oct 22, 2018
Amen Amen Amen IJN

goingforward:
Hello Nairalanders,

goingforward.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by vectoh(m): 4:52pm On Oct 22, 2018
I'm a fresh graduate of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, with 2'1 (3.6+) .

I just want to know the procedure I'll take to get schorlaship abroad (Canada, Australia, Ireland, Germany etc) or even admission for postgraduate abroad. Canada especially.

Please I'll be so glad if anyone can help me with this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 22, 2018
Tomorrow will make it 9 weeks after my eligibility review started. Despite that, I am hopeful for an update on my application after tomorrow's maintenance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by yk05: 5:57pm On Oct 22, 2018
henricson:

My brother you're not the only person, I have been getting this since last night, can't download my correspondence letter. Now this morning it's saying session has expired. I have logged out so many times.
CIC has so much issues! Thought scheduled maintenance was tomorrow... What's this one now? Anyway, I have decided to leave the site for now.

I noticed this too....and it’s still down.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Henhy(f): 6:00pm On Oct 22, 2018
Thank for the advice, The person sponsoring me is like an uncle to me, and the letter he provided stated that he is my uncle, also apart from my purpose of study, What do i do about the other reasons stated please ( Travel history, current employement, the state of my country's employement)??

Please help a sister!!!
Austacus:

talk to your school and choose a course of study. (some VOs will be like... ”you should know what you're coming for”).

Another thing here is your sponsor cause you didn't tell us who's sponsoring you (sponsorship is very very important too). Who is your sponsor?

I stand to be corrected
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 6:18pm On Oct 22, 2018
Henhy:
Thank for the advice, The person sponsoring me is like an uncle to me, and the letter he provided stated that he is my uncle, also apart from my purpose of study, What do i do about the other reasons stated please ( Travel history, current employement, the state of my country's employement)??

Please help a sister!!!
Hi Henhy,

Sorry about the outcome of your application. I understand the feeling most especially when the application you so much trusted doesn't scale through at the end. Having gone through what Austacus said and his advices, which is a guided one. I strongly doubt if your school will change the acceptance letter for you, as there are many undergraduate schools in Canada that doesn't specify the student course of study. That being said, you can as well check YOUR REFUSAL GROUNDS to get the full details of your application so as to avoid constant repetitive points here.

Show proof of relationship with sponsor by including your bank statement showing proof of history and ongoing financial support from sponsor, your mother's marriage certificate, mother's attestation of birth and Uncle's international passport to evident that your mother once shared the same family name with your uncle before she got married to your dad. Uncle can do better by paying part/full of your tuition to show his financial commitment in sponsoring your studies.

Finally order your GCMS note to know the factual reasons behind your refusal.

All the best in your next application.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Senatorkolade: 7:15pm On Oct 22, 2018
Henhy:

Please help a sister!!!

What is your current job? What did you study and what are you going for?
Are you married
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by henricson(m): 7:47pm On Oct 22, 2018
goingforward:
Hello Nairalanders,

goingforward.

A resounding Amen to this Woman of God!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Famzyactivity: 8:13pm On Oct 22, 2018
This is my 13th week of applying not even Eligibility review has started. Hopefully it will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by thompson1510(m): 8:17pm On Oct 22, 2018
henricson:

My brother you're not the only person, I have been getting this since last night, can't download my correspondence letter. Now this morning it's saying session has expired. I have logged out so many times.
CIC has so much issues! Thought scheduled maintenance was tomorrow... What's this one now? Anyway, I have decided to leave the site for now.
Same here boss, let's wait till after the maintenance... Am sure things will be better afterwards. Make dem no kill me with wahala jare...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by adhel90: 8:28pm On Oct 22, 2018
Famzyactivity:

sorry for your refusal. When did you apply?
I applied in may. Got rejection mail in july....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Rodeoz(m): 8:51pm On Oct 22, 2018
adhel90:

I applied in may. Got rejection mail in july....

Jesus Christ.
���
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Yoshy: 8:59pm On Oct 22, 2018
Please guys, can you use a sponsor whose account does not have exact amount to sponsor your studies, however enough money more than the amount needed to sponsor the full studies have passed through his account in the past 4 months. Is it advisable to use such account?

Also can one use business account?

Thanks a lot guys, your help is appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Yoshy: 9:11pm On Oct 22, 2018
Mudicua:
Congrats.

APPROVAL ALERT!
Application Submitted: August 24, Paper Route
Program: PhD, McGill
Medical Request: September 28
Medical Done: October 2
Medical Passed: October 9
Approval: October 17

I submitted LOE to explain why I chose the program and Canada, the source of funding, family ties, and my willingness to come back to Nigeria.

N.B: (1) I intentionally did not submit police report since I have read of approvals without it, and I believe CIC will request for it if they need it
(2) I only submitted the funding letter from my supervisor which covers tuition and living expense. I did not submit any personal account details

Do you actually have family ties with the person, in my case, I do not have and I have not submitted.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by BRANDYAK: 10:41pm On Oct 22, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Yes it is very possible to apply for funding at any age. Canadian schools truly do not see age as a barrier to learning. An overwhelming number of school in Canada stand for the proposition that it is never too late to study. Usually the only people that make such a fuss on age are the VOs. They have a tendency of questioning why people are going for school at such age, thinking they won't be genuine students. I think it's how they were trained as visa officers on how to spot out the genuine from the fake study permit applicants. Whether they are right or wrong in using age, is another subject.

That said, I do not think your friend will encounter any issues anymore because he returned to school and redeemed himself by scoring a first class. He is the ideal candidate to bag admission and funding from Canadian schools. And since he has returned to school and graduated recently, it means he has no long study gap, the key factor that goes in tandem with age, why VOs usually doubt the legitimacy of whether one will be a genuine applicant.

In a nutshell, your friend is good to go. He has redeemed himself by earning a first class, therefore making himself highly attractive in the applicant pool for admission and funding. He has also no long study gaps (time since last enrolled in school) that makes VOs doubt the the genuiness of one's study. Issa goal for your friend with good planning ahead.

Ps: perfectly okay to have money in account if he pursued work and school at the same time or recently or in the past after graduation. Although pursuing work after graduation is better to have. He can use his bank statement and explain how he earned the money.
Thanks dear regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 12:31am On Oct 23, 2018
Cic online services are back up...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by alftdbts: 2:25am On Oct 23, 2018
goingforward:
Hello Nairalanders,

goingforward.

Amin!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Louisanc(f): 4:28am On Oct 23, 2018
Good morning all...
****Long post alert
I will be submitting my application via paper route on Wednesday.. please help advice on my application.
the first application was refused on August.. have ordered reasons.. purpose of visit, financial status and asset and travel history (I don't have any)
ducoments to be submitted :
- All CIC documents
- SOP (6 pages, am going for pharmacy and I was admitted in physiology and pharmacy dept to do some courses before applying for college of pharmacy )
- LOE (2 pages explaining the refusal reasons)
- first sponsor my brother (he has paid my fees $25,000, his SOA, deposited #500,000 in my account, affidavit of sponsorship and sponsorship letters
- 2nd Sponsor my Boss, I have only worked for him for two months ( his SOA, affidavit of sponsorship, letter of introduction, study leave letter, letter of introduction, deposited #500,000 )
- My qualification certificate Bsc in Biochemistry (2.1)
- My two months SOA cos of when I started the work
- birth certificate, passport, waec, hsse cert
I want to book appointment but am only seeing option for Biometric enrollment.

I think that's all
Please gurus help n review and tell what else is needed.
thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Henhy(f): 5:31am On Oct 23, 2018
Thanks Frankrobbn1, The truth is he doesn’t bear the same surname with my mum, also we already paid part of the tuition...
Frankrobbn1:

Hi Henhy,

Sorry about the outcome of your application. I understand the feeling most especially when the application you so much trust doesn't scale through at the end. Having gone through what Austacus said and his advices, which is a guided one. I strongly doubt if your school will change the acceptance letter for you, as there are many undergraduate schools in Canada that doesn't specify the student course of study. That being said, you can as well check YOUR REFUSAL GROUNDS to get the full details of your application so as to avoid constant repetitive points here.

Show proof of relationship with sponsor by including your bank statement showing proof of history and ongoing financial support from sponsor, your mother's marriage certificate, mother's attestation of birth and Uncle's international passport to evident that your mother once shared the same family name with your uncle before she got married to your dad. Uncle can do better by paying part/full of your tuition to show his financial commitment in sponsoring your studies.

Finally order your GCMS note to know the factual reasons behind your refusal.

All the best in your next application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Henhy(f): 5:33am On Oct 23, 2018
Senatorkolade:

What is your current job? What did you study and what are you going for?
Are you married
I currently work as an admin officer, I studied physics and I didn’t specify the course I’m going for, No I am not married yet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kriff: 7:19am On Oct 23, 2018
-You can send over your SOP and LOE if you do not mind. I just want to help proof read it.

-Also It will be good if you can post a screenshot of your GCMS NOTE (The part that shows the comment of the VO and please cover all personal details).

-Also I think it will be good to add your BSc Transcript to show courses you have offered in the past that are relating to Pharmacy (Indirectly showing the VO that you've learnt some aspect of Pharmacy before and you're not totally new to this course and the VO will also have the opportunity to see that you did well in those courses). So once you talk about it in your SOP, you will just direct the VO to your Transcript.

-I noticed that you have a total of 1M (for now) in your account for living expenses. What's the explanation to getting the rest of the funds?

-I don't see any landed property documents. I hope you solved Home ties with other factors like Family and Job prospects. Meaning they must be well ironed out in your SOP/LOE.

-Since you're going for paper route, make sure you add the birth certificate of parents and Siblings. I don't know if you're married and if you're married just add that of your husband, child(ren) and marriage certificate.

- No CV? Please add

- You can go to vfs without booking appointment, you will just have to wait to get a number after they notice that some people are not coming.

Louisanc:
Good morning all...
****Long post alert
I will be submitting my application via paper route on Wednesday.. please help advice on my application.
the first application was refused on August.. have ordered reasons.. purpose of visit, financial status and asset and travel history (I don't have any)
ducoments to be submitted :
- All CIC documents
- SOP (6 pages, am going for pharmacy and I was admitted in physiology and pharmacy dept to do some courses before applying for college of pharmacy )
- LOE (2 pages explaining the refusal reasons)
- first sponsor my brother (he has paid my fees $25,000, his SOA, deposited #500,000 in my account, affidavit of sponsorship and sponsorship letters
- 2nd Sponsor my Boss, I have only worked for him for two months ( his SOA, affidavit of sponsorship, letter of introduction, study leave letter, letter of introduction, deposited #500,000 )
- My qualification certificate Bsc in Biochemistry (2.1)
- My two months SOA cos of when I started the work
- birth certificate, passport, waec, hsse cert
I want to book appointment but am only seeing option for Biometric enrollment.

I think that's all
Please gurus help n review and tell what else is needed.
thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.