Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (469) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (862665 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bracha: 9:34am On May 16, 2019
Please this is wrong. It was NOT a study permit application. It was a visit visa application, I mean, it was clearly stated there.

Dera12345:

That can be a study visa rejection letter. Study visa rejection letter can also starts with “Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada.”
And note, both study visa and visitor visa are types of temporary resident visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by abusmanlouis: 9:37am On May 16, 2019
Just as Nigeria Police officer have 101 reasons to arrest you so as Visa Officers have 101 reasons too to refused/denied you visa. This Visa of thing na grace ooo.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by hoyin123(f): 9:50am On May 16, 2019
Good morning everyone. I ought to have resume school by May 6 but I'm still waiting on CIC. Although my school send me a mail that i can resume for the fall 2019 session. can i scan the mail and send it to CIC. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Senatorkolade: 9:54am On May 16, 2019
Kez911:

Huh...this guy is on eligibility review stage o! Nothing concerns biometrics validation letter here
Check the recent trend and come back to me
Except the applicant did upfront medical, if u get biometric validation letter from Nairobi at the same time with eligibility review, refusal will follow
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by hoyin123(f): 10:14am On May 16, 2019
Kez911:

Defer your admission to fall, send the updated admission letter to cic
OK thanks. please what the cic mail address where i will forward the letter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by slushy: 10:16am On May 16, 2019
Please when uploading the documents online. Under the client information section. Is it compulsory I upload a CV? I am going for my bsc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Oluwaseunbd(f): 10:17am On May 16, 2019
U dont have to....
slushy:
Please when uploading the documents online. Under the client information section. Is it compulsory I upload a CV? I am going for my bsc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 10:27am On May 16, 2019
sillysassysally:
Thanks dear, I hope they don't delay any further... This one that my portal is still showing that I am still under eligibility and background checks, is it possible for them to reject my application at this stage? lol

No, just a delay from their end to update your online account

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Micmay1(f): 10:29am On May 16, 2019
Visiting and Study Visa is categorized under TRV
Greyworld:

Okay thnks. But yu re certain it aint study permit? pls check the reasons for d refusal also the first line " Temporary Resident Visa". I wanna be sure before i go confrontational wif sm1. lol. tnks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 10:36am On May 16, 2019
Bertram87:

Haba... Reject keee... You should worry less and rejoice more. You will get your passport with the TRV counter-foil in no time.

God brought you this far, so please keep up with your positive attitude and not the other way round like “Omofar” had always been with your application.... grin cheesy��

This guy! He hijacked my thread on canadavisa with his "truth is bitter" honesty sending a mentality of panicking and fear across to most prospective applicants.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 10:51am On May 16, 2019
Why are you in a rush to pay school fees tho, even the school is not ready to accept school fees until August, so why the rush? In case you dont know, paying of school fees does not guarantee you Study visa, as we all know, many applicants here didn't pay shishi and they got their visas and are now in Canada.. So dont be deceived, paying of school fees doesnt mean u will get ur Visa.. Also, I will advise you know the refund policy of the school, so u wont come back here lamenting that the school doesnt want to give u back ur money. So even if u wanna pay school fees, please study their refund policies to prevent Stories that touch later..
To the second question, Yes u can upload documents(necessary documents) after the submission of your application, but I will advise you wait for the embassy to request for the documents they need from you.. So please paying of school fees does not mean you will get the study permit Visa, but if you still insist on paying ur school fees, please u can go ahead.. Peace
olamidemessi:
Guys , pls, can I send embassy email correspondence BTW me and my school wherein in the said email I asked my school if I can pay school fees now and my school replying that I can not pay until the August when the fee is out.
And also , can I send another document via CSE just a week after one document has been acknowledged and added to my file .

N.B Embassy have not asked me to pay any school fee depsit to show commitment ooo.

@Aucustus , qudcom, makano, sillysassysally, kez911 and others

@Aucustus, thanks for your help in recent past. How's the weather over there sir .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 10:56am On May 16, 2019
Qudkom:
Dealing with Personal Asset and Financial status refusals(Business owners edition)

There's been an heavy increase in the amount of refusals mostly coming from applicants inability to prove they are financially stable in their home countries. This is more than being naive and scanning your cic certificate to somewhat proof you have a functioning company. Guess what the irony about that is anyone can register a company but proving a viable company is another story entirely. I will list a couple documents to strengthen not your home ties but to solidify the outlook of your finances to a trained Visa officer (VO).

1. TAX CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE: When last did you pay company tax. You write about how passionate you are about your country in your sop but can't provide a tax certificate. This single most important document proves to a vo you have a company that is well ingrained in Nigeria.

2. TIN registration: It is important to get a tax identification number and scan the letter confirming your TIN number in your application.
3. Car ownership certificate: yes scan the certificate showing you ownership of your vehicle. Most especially if you have a nice ride. This shows a VO that you are doing ok in Nigeria.

4. Work assets & Machineries: Perhaps you purchased an asset from china a few years back for your company and still have the receipt you can scan snd present it in a coherent way. You don't want to confuse a vo because the next thing is some generic refusal hence order gcms note.

5. Proof of past/future contracts: Have you executed some contracts in the past (1-5yrs) you can include this. If you also have some contracts coming up you can include proof.

6. Reference letters: You can have certified and verified companies you've worked with in the past write you reference letters to show your prudence.

7. Regulatory bodies Certificates : Every industry in Nigeria is regulated by a designated party. It is important to be certified by these bodies. Presenting proof of this certification will strengthen your application. For example, I submitted my father's Petroleum storage licences from NNPC.

There are over 25 categories of documents that can be used. However it is one thing to have documents another thing to present it in a wat that it reflects your portfolio and application stance. I have seen applicants with over 20million portfolio ruin their applications simply because they were misguided.

P.s: Canada and every other consulate have an in depth idea of the employment situation, crime rate, political instability etc happening in our beloved country. So it is very important to strengthen your application to full effect.

I can't agree less, very resourceful.

A brief addition, some applicants might just go ahead to include documents of all the aforementioned points without carefully assessing their application/circumstances.

Every applicant ought to have a storyline to stick to, and as such, only including certain important or additional documents without linking it to the application might get the VO confused or slow down the processing of an application.

If an application is as complicated to the way it maybe seen, please don't say APC did it without SOP or PDP only showed limited documents, do what is right and unique to an application. Do the needful to demystify the complications.

Finally, trying to think outside the box is what makes an applicant's case unique and different from another, and don't be in haste to apply or reapply as its the greatest sin visa applicants could commit in this visa buhaha.

Kudos Qudkom!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 11:05am On May 16, 2019
Bracha:
Hopefully not, but it is possible for an application to develop “complications” even after passport has been requested.

Anyhow, I think leaving it on eligibility review is how it's done until they issue a counterfoil then it changes to approved and then closed, I think. If it's all the same to you, send them the email reminding them of your resumption if it's close at hand.

Hopefully they respond quickly and it all ends well.

Agreed! This has happened. An applicant was approved and PPR as reflected on the applicant's gckey but after few days, was sent an email notification that the approval has been withdrawn simply because the application was processed in/by the wrong visa office. The applicant then applied from either Malaysia or Singapore can't recall again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 11:08am On May 16, 2019
MsJu:
Thanks dear. Can you help me out with the email address to send the mail to.

you can also send the email to Kenya

nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by cryptik(m): 11:11am On May 16, 2019
Hello house,
Please how many day does it take to exhaust an eligibility review, I got a biometric correspondence letter yesterday and an eligibility review notification.
Meanwhile I just deferred my admission from may to September 2019 today

Please should I notify the IRCC of the new development or should I allow them to be. Hope it won't affect my chances
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Phatkings: 11:12am On May 16, 2019
So I got rejected by university of Guelph
Ryerson University
University of Northern British Columbia
And got accepted by Mohawk college and Humber college global business management but I am hearing the course is a waste of time but they re two years program
I also want to apply to Thompson rivers university MBA, royal roads university masters of global business management and George brown college information business analysis.... I need serious advise I don't know what to do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Phatkings: 11:16am On May 16, 2019
So I got rejected by university of Guelph
Ryerson University
University of Northern British Columbia
And got accepted by Mohawk college and Humber college global business management but I am hearing the course is a waste of time but they re two years program
I also want to apply to Thompson rivers university MBA, royal roads university masters of global business management and George brown college information business analysis.... I need serious advise I don't know what to do..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 11:17am On May 16, 2019
Mijac:
Pls E-family

Have validated my forms which it says successful but d barcodes r not generated. Hv tried different acrobat readers versions 10, 11, Dc but same thing. It's saying validity of d document certification is unknown.

Any ideas will b appreciated.

Then either your information like your date of birth or related, or there is a blank space that requires not to be left blank, or other relevant information are been omitted. If it shows asterisk on any field, then address the concerns.

If you using Acrobat DC for the action on a Mac, the new version of acrobat might not work unless you download a lower/old version.

This link might be helpful

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/use-application-form.html
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Miscellaneous(m): 11:38am On May 16, 2019
sillysassysally:
Hi,

The embassy does not require IELTS for a study permit application.

Thanks, I appreciate.

Please can u help me clarify if McGill doesn't really require ielts for application and acceptance for grad studies?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Phatkings: 11:43am On May 16, 2019
Kez911:

Pls what course do u really want to do via MBA or PGD cos you have spent so much time applying to schools and waiting on them.....when will u eventually apply for study permit cos that too takes time...no1 can decide a course for u to do...what we offer here is guidance towards a successful study permit issuing...
I intend applying mail my aim was a masters degree but seeing that's not forth coming I am going for a post graduate certificate but I want a course that will be lucrative over there not just w waste of money
The information business analysis is a good course but its a one year program and I am also considering work permit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Phatkings: 11:46am On May 16, 2019
Kez911:

Pls what course do u really want to do via MBA or PGD cos you have spent so much time applying to schools and waiting on them.....when will u eventually apply for study permit cos that too takes time...no1 can decide a course for u to do...what we offer here is guidance towards a successful study permit issuing...
program starts January so I will be applying by July I don't want any mistake I am also looking for admission in Australia and Netherlands
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 12:06pm On May 16, 2019
Greyworld:
pls can sm1 tell me what visa was applied for from this response. pls its very urgent.
justmellow , makano tnks

The application is "likely" to be a Visit Visa. Besides, there is no standard format for both a study or visit refusal letter

BTW those who got a refusal recently can easily be of help so to be most certain.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by MsJu: 12:12pm On May 16, 2019

This guy! He hijacked my thread on canadavisa with his "truth is bitter" honesty sending a mentality of panicking and fear across to most prospective applicants.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Gloryonyeani123: 12:16pm On May 16, 2019
Three months back I applied for study permit online, I was approved and asked to submit my passport for stamping...this is the 9th day and I haven’t gotten a mail from vfs to get my passport
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sillysassysally(f): 12:45pm On May 16, 2019
I'd like to believe that this depends on the course you are going for. I would advise you to consult the website page of the program you're interested in to see if it is a requirement. You may also mail the admission office for your program to get more clarifications.

Miscellaneous:

Thanks, I appreciate.

Please can u help me clarify if McGill doesn't really require ielts for application and acceptance for grad studies?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 12:58pm On May 16, 2019
Good day all
Applied on 22 March
With upfront medicals
Biometrics update 2 may
Refusal advice 16th may

I have ordered for GCMS notes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Greyworld: 1:01pm On May 16, 2019
JustMellow:

The application is "likely" to be a Visit Visa. Besides, there is no standard format for both a study or visit refusal letter

BTW those who got a refusal recently can easily be of help so to be most certain.
tnks man

(1) (2) (3) ... (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) ... (546)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.